Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Holy Moly

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/15/wa...miere-ratings/

So, ratings! The Walking Dead returned to 10.9 million viewers Sunday night. That’s a series high for the show and up more than 50 percent from season two. And that’s not including the encore telecast — do that and the show rockets to 15.2 million viewers for the night.
    Hollywood Reporter says
    The episode now stands as the biggest telecst for any drama series in basic cable history among total viewers. In the key advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demo, the 9 p.m. broadcast collected 7.3 million viewers, with 6.1 million among adults 25-54, all series bests.
    And keep this in mind, this is WITH the loss of Dish Network. Even optimistically most people expected the ratings to decline due to the loss of that subscriber base.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Master of Warcraft
    It was awesome. I was pleased. I still think they wasted too much ammo instead of head jabbing through the fence more.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

SWAT Walker!

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    It was awesome. I was pleased. I still think they wasted too much ammo instead of head jabbing through the fence more.
    Yeah I thought it was hilarious they rushed the gates to waste all that ammo picking them off from the tower but then went into the thick of it later hand to hand. They could have easily handled the ones hand to hand on the outside, should have saved the ammo for inside
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

All I know is I want Michonne on my team if the dead ever start walking!

Yeah, you think they would have done the distract and pull them out towards them for a bit till that stopped working then go in.

Hershel happened more or less the same way in the comic, of course zombie literature is all about normally rational people doing stupid things given the right circumstances.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    well he can't bite with that mask down!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    well he can't bite with that mask down!
    That's what my friend observed. It was pretty cool to see armored zombies, but it had a video gamey vibe to it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

While he wouldn't be able to bite with the mask down, the armored ones with a herd or stampede would cause some issues. An example would be if one of the armored ones got you pinned down, it would be hard to deal with surrounding zombies that would have an easier time of making you into a snack.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Loved the new episode, if this is a sign of what's to come then this will be the best season yet. I hope Axel is one of those characters in the prison (haven't read casting info), I liked him in the comics. Can't wait to see the Governor. And we need more Michonne, her part was rather brief.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It was pretty cool to see armored zombies, but it had a video gamey vibe to it.
    Really???

No one watches the Talking Dead??? Gregory Nicotero said it would be cool to have Police (SWAT) Zombies since no one has done them before...It's a DIFFERENT and cool idea and it makes them more of a threat...

He-Man reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Really???

No one watches the Talking Dead??? Gregory Nicotero said it would be cool to have Police (SWAT) Zombies since no one has done them before...It's a DIFFERENT and cool idea and it makes them more of a threat...
    Talking dead rocks....I saw that and totally agreed.....although....how did armored up guards get bit in the first place.....and how would they bite through the masks....

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    He-Man reference.
    I heard that!

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

lol yeah I cracked up when I heard that!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~Snake Armor He-Man~Tung Lashor~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~200x King Hisss~Ninjor
    *Icer*~*Batros*~*Shokotti*

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    He-Man reference.
    I was like....WHAUUUTTTTT!!!!!!!!! Another great episode.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

For those who want to know...

The main characters took over what they thought was a deserted prison complex. They wound up discovering that there were some prison inmates who were holed up in the cafeteria and was unaware of the zombie apocalypse. 17 minutes in, the group goes to the pantry and one of the inmates said that "Window's got bars that He-Man couldn't get through."

AMC is back on Dishnetwork, it has moved to channel 131 so you will need to update your timers.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    although....how did armored up guards get bit in the first place

and how would they bite through the masks....
    They can't.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

although....how did armored up guards get bit in the first place.....
    They don't have to be bit. Scratched would do it. Or they could have died numerous other ways - trampled, stabbed by still living inmates, etc.

The Abominable Dr. Phibes Vincent Price's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    You don't have to be bitten to rise as a walker as long as the brain is intact. How they died in the first place, however...
    Old people used to annoy me at weddings by pinching my cheeks &
    saying that you are the next.
    They stopped doing that when I started doing the same to them at funerals.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    While he wouldn't be able to bite with the mask down, the armored ones with a herd or stampede would cause some issues. An example would be if one of the armored ones got you pinned down, it would be hard to deal with surrounding zombies that would have an easier time of making you into a snack.
    yeah the main threat of them would be an avalanche type thing. but one on one they are just scary in demeanour and appearance. do they have gloves on too?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

its pretty easy to figure out how there are armored zombies shambling about. they're not s.w.a.t persay but meant to be prision guards in riot armor. who dies in various ways bites or stampedes etc. but over all I think its awesome to see them. seeing this type of zombie is new for onscreen but not new to the zombie genre as there where similar ones in the Left for Dead 2 game.

In last season, Rick and Shane found that depot area that was completely fenced in. On the inside were two walkers who had no bites or anything Shane mentions this when they kill them. Rick looks around having been told by the CDC guy they were all already infected and only need to die to become a walker. Rick covers with they must have been scratched. The guards most likely had starved to death.

When the outbreak happened they more than likely had a riot at the prison and had to put on riot gear. During a riot they could have died, or been knocked out which ended with them dying.

Although she wasn't a very likable character in the first two seasons, I kind of felt bad for Lori in this episode. She was trying to make things right, but Rick was having none it.