Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Not the phone...
    I wasn't a fan of that either.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    What an awesome episode last night! "Little ass kicker."- Awesome!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

The phone they would have to do differently than the comic, with the whole we can actually hear the other voice on the other end. I think some of their coping mechanisms in the comic are a bit eeh to be honest.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The phone they would have to do differently than the comic, with the whole we can actually hear the other voice on the other end. I think some of their coping mechanisms in the comic are a bit eeh to be honest.
    IMO, the comic really isn't that good. Its (usually) a fun read, but I think it tends to err on the side of "going way too far over the top", and that undermines a lot of the drama.

Surprisingly, I think the show has handled almost every shared storyline considerably better than the comic. And even when the show falters (like I think it spent WAY too much time at the farm), it still tells a more compelling story.

I agree, I feel Kirkman tends go for shocking and ending issues on the 'omg' moments. Also there tends to be little build up to some of the stuff just coming out of nowhere.

I would say the short version is this, he lacks subtlety.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    One thing about the show is I think they go for the "how gory can we get on tv". They keep pushing it and I think it is getting old. We get it....move on.

Also what is the deal with Rick stabbing that zombie at the end? I'm assuming he picked up the bullet casing that Carl used, and that zombie ate dead Lori, and Rick was trying to cut her out?????

Also, I thought Carol ran out the door. Was she confirmed dead and I missed it or are the assuming?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    One thing about the show is I think they go for the "how gory can we get on tv". They keep pushing it and I think it is getting old. We get it....move on.
    Do you read the comic? The TV show is restrained by comparison.

Also what is the deal with Rick stabbing that zombie at the end? I'm assuming he picked up the bullet casing that Carl used, and that zombie ate dead Lori, and Rick was trying to cut her out?????
    I thought it was just part of Rick snapping.

Also, I thought Carol ran out the door. Was she confirmed dead and I missed it or are the assuming?
    Assumed. They found her head scarf near T-Dawg. I'm sure she's still alive.

I am sure Carol is still alive somewhere in the prison, Talking Dead confirmed that Lori was dead and eaten by that zombie Rick killed (which is part of why he went crazy)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I think previews for next week I overheard, that's Carol's knife.

Carl shot her, the zombie gorged on her that was why he was so fat and why the blood had drag marks through it. No bones though.

Think part of why Rick snapped was last time they were really together wasn't the best moment for their relationship. Kind of like the if I had known that was going to be my last time with you I would have said something differently. There is no mending their relationship now. Also always being the person that people expect to keep your cool wears on you.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Do you read the comic? The TV show is restrained by comparison.
    Oh yes. I have a pretty strong stomach and things don't bother me. I could probably be a first responder and be ok with it if you know what I mean. However, issue 100 really upset me. That was brutal.

I would also say there is a difference in seeing this done to real life people even with makeup and special effects and it being a piece of art.

Another thing on Rick and the stabbing, when he originally picked up the knife it looked like he was going to just cut open the stomach. Not sure if to find some evidence it was her or something else. Then there is a moment when he lost it was in part because it doesn't really matter. Also there is possibly some other things going on, last time he saw Lori she was pregnant, the zombie was gorged so bad it looked pregnant, the baby was born by c-section and Rick was about to do something similar.

I think Rick was stabbing the zombie stomach as a way to make sure Lori was dead. I kind of get the feeling that he is angry that she was blaming him for everything and that the baby is Shane's. I half expect the phone conversation coming up will be Lori asking Rick why he hates her.

I am confused about the grave for Carol. There was no body as far as I remember so why bother digging the hole? If she is in the prison then I wouldn't be surprised if she is being held against her will by another inmate that has yet to be seen.

Mind you, this is all speculation.

I didn't understand the fat zombie part. It has eaten all Lori? I thought for a moment it was Lori transformed and that Carl actually did not shoot his mother.
    Rick stabbing it in the belly is clearly a rejection to Lori's pregnancy (Shane's baby)

Shall Michonne meet Rick's group now? I don't read the comic, although I was aware of the actual death of Lori & the baby; but I don't know nothing about Michonne's fate
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

The thing to remember about the comic and the show is. They are the telling of Rick's and his family's survival and actions during the events of the zombie infestation. Some of the characters are the same, some may be the same but portrayed differently, and the places they visit are mostly the same. The show has skipped a few locations the comic visited.

***Comic Spoilers****

In the comic while at the prison Michonne walks up to the prison, they won't let her in with the walkers (her boyfriend and his brother as I recall), she beheads them. They are at the prison when they see the helicopter crash so they go to investigate. They being Rick, Michonne, Glen, and a man named Tyrese not from the show. They quickly find out the Governor isn't right. He has Rick's hand cut off, has his way with Michonne. The get out while doing so Michonne ... well doesn't play nice with the Governor at all and leaves him for dead.

She is still with the group as far as I have read which is up to issue 96, I get the collected versions so it won't be till next month I am closer to caught up.

The prisoners play out differently, the more leader one wants to force them out of the prison within days of them getting there. Axel is a bit older and was the only prisoner to gain the trust of the group, also looks like an aged biker. This after one of the other prisoners is found to have killed Hershel's twin daughters.

Hershel isn't at the prison at first and is brought there because of safety reasons.

Sophia is still alive and her and Carl are boyfriend and girlfriend in that strange 8 year old way, I am curious if Beth is kind of to take the place of that a bit. Carol kills herself when Rick and Lori reject her advances about them all becoming a couple.

Dale is also still alive and is actually the one who lost his leg, he is also in a relationship with Andrea. He dies shortly after the prison though, getting bitten in the shoulder. They have adopted two twin boys from another family.

My guess how things will play out

Michonne will find the group somehow, they will be convinced to go get Andrea and possibly Merle. Possible things that could happen during this time, Rick losing his hand. The Governor potentially losing his eye during the attach from Michonne. They have to have Michonne somehow meet up with the Atlanta group. The other option is while they are hunting for Michonne they find the prison, and during all that Michonne meets up with them.

Carol is a bit confusing. Rick opens the door finds something of hers and says she's dead. No walkers really around or anything, and they get to T before he's fully eaten so they should have found a body. I don't think she is held captive by another inmate, but she got lost and isn't sure what happened. Yes the sirens stopped but that doesn't mean things are in the all clear.
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 14, 2012 at 12:05am.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    In the comics Michonne is

still alive all the way up to the most recent issuie, which is like 103 or something.

Excellent episode last night! Michoone is so awesome!
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

There were things I liked and didn't like. I am glad they took care of the phone thing pretty quickly instead of dragging it out over a few episodes.

I think the reveals at the end were mostly anticlimatic.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Loved that Michonne has finally made her way to meet the group. Now it's time for Rick and crew to meet the Governor! It is ON! I'm excited to see where this is all going next!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

indeed the new episode was great that whole phone thing was awesome. interesting ending and interesting preview for next episode. I read a good bit of the comics but in a way I'm glad of the split. as if it was just the comics in screen format then people would already know what will happen.

Last nights episode was great, this season has not been slow that's for sure.

Rick might be losing it for good.

Not like Andrea getting in bed (literally) with a guy who has a zombie head aquarium collection.

Michonne is a badass, I love how she just strolls up to the fence with the walkers caring the baby formula. Talk about customer service, "we deliver, even during the zombie apocalypse"
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I haven't read the comics and would rather not at this point so that every thing is a surprise, but I don't think that Merle beating up on Glenn *if you saw the sneak peek during Talking Dead* at the least is going to go over to well with Daryl.

I can easily see those two fighting each other to the death at this point once word gets out as Daryl is becoming more and more attached to the group, while before last nights episode I would of figured once they saw each other they'd be happily back together again.

It's defiantly going to be interesting from a lot of angles....

I don't read the comics or watch the Talking Dead after the episodes... Could someone explain to me why the walkers were avoiding Michonne in some scenes? I didn't understand that.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I don't read the comics or watch the Talking Dead after the episodes... Could someone explain to me why the walkers were avoiding Michonne in some scenes? I didn't understand that.
    After she gutted the walker attacking her, his intestines and blood spilled onto her. This covered her in "walker scent" and she could walk freely among them. Operates the same as her "pets" she had. They masked her "living" scent with their rotting smell. Rick and Glenn did the same thing in the first season to help the group escape from Atlanta.

But I would worry about the walker blood infecting her wound.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; November 19, 2012 at 04:27pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    But I would worry about the walker blood infecting her wound.
    You? Worry? Ha!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    You? Worry? Ha!
    Somebody's got to do it, mikey!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!