Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

This change will happen for season 4, the rest of the episodes for season 3 will still be under Mazzara.

I am bad about putting episode names to the actual episodes.

He did write or help write Save the Last One, Pretty Much Dead Already, and 18 miles out from the second season. And Hounded and the Upcoming Sorrowful Life.

I did look up the episodes, by title I recall liking them more or less.

I know he did the last Ghost Rider movie.

I would be also curious why Mazzara is no longer show runner.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I had read in an article that Mazzara and Kirkman had a difference of opinion on the direction of the show. While I can't find the original article here is one quoting the source. http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/01/her...ad-showrunner/

Heroic Warrior
    I heard Mazzara wanted AMC to give him more money and the network said no.

I know Mazarra has gone on record in several interviews saying things like he would never want to kill off Judith like what happened in the comic because it would make the show too dark and it wouldn't last if it got that hopeless, or he has to get some levity into the show because there's no way a show as bleak as the comics would last, or that the big event between Governor and Michonne just wouldn't work on TV because audiences would just end up tuning out. It seems to me that he has been unwilling to let the show get as dark and emotionally devastating as the comic has been able to get. For instance, I could never see the show doing to a character what just happened to a fan favorite in issue 100. Which...as sick as it made me feel, I'm glad it went there because it actually MADE me feel like that. Not many comics or tv shows can mess me up like that.

I'd bet Kirkman isn't entirely happy with Mazarra writing off things like that.
    Last edited by Galmorzu; January 20, 2013 at 08:41pm.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I agree. And it goes along with the discussion we had a few pages back about the gruesomeness of the show vs the comic. I got the paper back for volume 17 and when I thumbed through it I wasn't wanting to read issue 100 because just the images and what happened.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    when I thumbed through it I wasn't wanting to read issue 100 because just the images and what happened.
    I've said before in this thread not much bothers me in terms of death and gore, but issue 100 was rough. Really got to me.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I need some clarification. Other than having to remove her shirt and bra, was Maggie sexually assaulted at Woodbury?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I haven't watched tonights episode, but based on the previous episode she was forced to remove the shirt and bra and then the Governor came up behind her and bent her over as I recall. After saying a few more things he basically says I gotcha then walks off. There was no actual intercourse that happened but as the torture was at least with the hint of sexual behavior it would fall under sexual assault.

Again I haven't seen tonight's episode to know what was specifically said, to know if there was implication of other actions or not. It very well could be, the writers intention was to be essentially rape but showing that on even a channel like AMC with a show that at the time was rated tv-14 was pushing it. The show is now rated TV-MA or at least last night's episode was.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I need some clarification. Other than having to remove her shirt and bra, was Maggie sexually assaulted at Woodbury?
    No but making her disrobe in front of him and threatening her with the idea he could rape her if he wanted to was more than enough I think

Its kind of like how someone can get more traumatized being robbed or held at gunpoint then if they actually got shot

And I think it traumatized Glen more than Maggie because he could not protect her and so it messed with his idea of manhood
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Just from some of the dialog in the episode, and some things said in the Talking Dead, it seemed like more happened and I thought I missed it somehow.

edit...

Also on FB last night I posted "Seriously, when the zombie apocalypse happens and you catch me driving a Hyundai Tucson, please....PLEASE feed me to the zombies!"

That drives me nuts! For example, last night when they had to move the truck off the road and

a zombie in the cab almost ate Glen
    ...that could have been avoided with a Jeep. Drive around it!

The car placement they have had in shows lately is horrible. Ghost Whisperer with the Jeeps, Heroes with the Nissans, Warehouse 13 and Eureka, and Walking Dead I can think off the top of my head. With super blatant buy our cars look the radio comes in hyper color turquoise and has a super awesome GPS. Characters get out of car, I love how those doors shut themselves for me.

I bow down to the awesome that is Walking Dead, holy crap @ the ratings

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...iewers/169090/

Last night, AMC’s mid-season three premiere of “The Walking Dead” returned with its largest audience ever in series history delivering 12.3 million viewers at the 9pm premiere. The previous record was 10.9 million viewers from the season three premiere on October 14, 2012. The episode is also the strongest telecast for a series in basic cable history for adults 18-49 with 7.7 million. These results shatter the hit series’ previous record with an increase of +6% (A18-49) over the October 14, 2012 season three premiere. “The Walking Dead” season three series average for adults 18-49 delivers 6.8 million outperforming other television series season averages including “Modern Family,” ‘The Big Bang Theory,” “Two and a Half Men,” and “NCIS.” In addition to the 9 PM premiere, the show encored at 11 PM, midnight and 2am, delivering 16.6 million viewers for the night.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The car placement they have had in shows lately is horrible. Ghost Whisperer with the Jeeps, Heroes with the Nissans, Warehouse 13 and Eureka, and Walking Dead I can think off the top of my head. With super blatant buy our cars look the radio comes in hyper color turquoise and has a super awesome GPS. Characters get out of car, I love how those doors shut themselves for me.
    meh, doesn't bother me, i understand esp in these days where more people are downloading or pvr-ing their shows...still need to make money, product placement is download proof.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The power of Michonne, Daryl, Carol and Carl.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...iewers/169090/
    That doesn't suprise me....it is the best show on T.V.! Product placement doesn't bother me at all honestly...as long as it doesn't take you out of the story. That being said I hate the sub way commercials in American Pickers and Pawn Stars.....lol. As long as they don't do that I'm fine.

I don't mind it, it's just a lot of the car stuff has characters saying things in ways that are just awkward. Like a character known for not getting lost, saying 'the real reason I never get lost is because of my xyz car's gps.'

Evil Master of Warcraft
    hmmm you bring up a good point with GPS. There are 24 satellites that send out the signals. They have solar power so they will run post-apocalyptic. However, they have to be stay in their correct paths. They have their own booster to keep them navigated where they need to be, but I don't know how much human interaction that function needs.

I was a little disappointed in the ending of this past episode. I really wish they would drop the

Rick talks to Lori/sees her.
    . One of my least favorite things in the comics.

lol I was just sitting here thinking about that stupid little car they drive. Not only is it not ideal for the situation, the world has gone to ****, but yet that car is nice and shiny.

Anyone else excited to watch it in black and white?

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post

lol I was just sitting here thinking about that stupid little car they drive. Not only is it not ideal for the situation, the world has gone to ****, but yet that car is nice and shiny.
    Even in a zombie apocalypse, you gotta keep your ride tight!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Overall, this show has been fantastic. I caught up with all episodes last Sunday during the AMC marathon. As a whole, it's been damn good. I just hope it doesn't become too damn redundant or lacking in direction.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Tonight's episode the last 10min were awesome, can't wait to see how things play out next week with

Merle back in the group and Rick going even crazier

The only thing I did not like was

the fact Tyrese and his crew basically left but the only way you found that out was the Talking Dead confirmed it, no scene, no fleshing it out. Just that when Rick saw Ghost Zombie Lorie they left?!?

Court Magician
    I watch the show tonight. I really like this show.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I have this strange feeling that Carl didn't man up and shoot Lori. She is probably locked in a cell zombiefied.

Tonight's episode the last 10min were awesome, can't wait to see how things play out next week with

The only thing I did not like was
    I hope that isn't true about Tyrese. Seems pointless.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I hope that isn't true about Tyrese. Seems pointless.
    It is. But that doesn't mean we've seen the last of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    It is. But that doesn't mean we've seen the last of them.
    Yeah on Talking Dead Robert Kirkman seemed to imply he will be back before the season is over, probably to help out Rick I would think. I hope when he comes back that its just him, his wife and the two other guys did not interest me much as characters