Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!
    Yeah I totally feel something major is coming for his character, and I bet it happens in the season finale

And the ratings since they have come back from break have been insane, for the third straight week it beat everything on cable AND broadcast except the Grammys and the Oscars.

That is just unheard of in the industry
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

This is funny
    i-tQbhFXr-X2.jpg
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I LOVE this show so far. I hope it goes for 9 seasons, lol

I was sure the walker Carl basically help set free was going to kill Randall in the barn, did not see that coming instead.

Yeah that is a bit surprising. I wonder if this was the mystery cast member who asked to leave after Frank Darabont's ousting but then changed their mind (only to have it be too late.)

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yeah that is a bit surprising. I wonder if this was the mystery cast member who asked to leave after Frank Darabont's ousting but then changed their mind (only to have it be too late.)
    Yeah I heard this as well, completely shocked at how it happened though. They are going to have to kill Randall, I don't see any other way around it now.

The only thing I found ludicrous was that after the entire 1st half season with Sophia missing that stupid Carl just walked off into the woods by himself and nobody noticed. What do they need a leash for that kids
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

It's interesting for them to

remove the "conscience" of the show, though frankly it seemed a lot of people were getting annoyed with him in that role. Although I liked the character at the start, I felt like he kept having the same conversation over and over. I actually think there's a lot of dead weight on this show these days. When T-Dog showed up, I remembered he hasn't been in an episode in ages and hasn't done anything of any interest pretty much all season.
    Last edited by JonWes; March 4, 2012 at 11:19pm.

I haven't watched it yet, a bit late for me to start tonight. I had that spoiled in some thread about something else, so I knew it was happening and agree.

The dead weight, the problem is I think they are paying the actors per episode and if they make appearance they have to pay them so it was a way to keep the show on budget.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

At this point. It's probably easier to list who I'd actually keep:

Rick / Shane / Lori - I actually think at some point one of these has got to go so they can go somewhere new with the storyline, but I think they should last until at least next season

Andrea - She's still an interesting character, and I wonder if there are hints in this episode that she

might be pulled back into being something of a conscience for the group, picking up where Dale left off but in a less irritating way.

Maggie / Glenn - Maggie's the only character I particularly like after this long, loooong visit to the farm. And frankly Glenn deserves some happiness. For however long that can last, here.

Darryl - I still think he's a great character that has gotten a bit lost this season by attaching him to Carol. I just feel like there isn't a lot there to Carol so far and I think she's bringing Darryl down.

Carl - This one is a "maybe" for me. He's good at getting dangled in front of zombies and causing trouble... and probably isn't going anywhere any time soon... but I'm just not sure if he's that necessary dramatically except providing Shane a reason to stick around that "safer" than Lori.

You forgot where T-Dawg fits in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    You forgot where T-Dawg fits in all of this.
    At this point the cynic side of me says he was never meant to be more then the token black character till Tyrese or Michone are introduced. And I go with others that T-Dawg kind of fills the role of Tyrese. The problem is his lack of development will leave no bond to the character.

Which to me is why I think Shane is going to die, because they really want to establish to fans in a world like that anyone can die.

and I was thinking of watching the episode tomorrow, but even though I don't have huge attachment based on what happens the fact I lost my grandfather this week might be a good idea to stay away for a few days.
    Last edited by wyldman11; March 5, 2012 at 12:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    and I was thinking of watching the episode tomorrow, but even though I don't have huge attachment based on what happens the fact I lost my grandfather this week might be a good idea to stay away for a few days.
    Yeah its probably good to wait.

The only good thing about it is that it happened REALLY quick and so there was not a lot of time to have it be emotionally drawn out. I mean the scene itself is gruesome but it would have been much more painful to endure if it had happened in the beginning vs at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah its probably good to wait.

The only good thing about it is that it happened REALLY quick and so there was not a lot of time to have it be emotionally drawn out. I mean the scene itself is gruesome but it would have been much more painful to endure if it had happened in the beginning vs at the end.
    yeah, next week is going to to be emotional. this week was just shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    yeah, next week is going to to be emotional. this week was just shocking.
    Yeah and it looks like its going to be an intense episode on the action side as well.

Yeah the show tends to do something, then the follow up episode deals with the drama related to it. Just for me being the first real primary or secondary family member to die, and with the funeral tomorrow. I'm not an overly dramatic person, but I figured it would be a good idea to just stay away from stuff like that for about a week.

Not a big thing, I was just here when I was making a post and thinking about watching it and I was like you know what, probably should wait.

I did last week notice that Walmart now has the McFarlane TV figures, they are 12 bucks the, it's the same stuff in the more expensive ones just less packaging. Not sure if the figures got the same exact treatment or not, but 6 bucks less is always a good thing.

I'm personally really annoyed with Rick and the whole Randall situation. You save this guy from walkers just so you can stitch him up, torture him endlessly, and constantly remind him that you will execute him. I'm with Shane 100% on this.

I think what Rick has done to Randall is far more cruel than what Shane proposed in some ways.

As you said, he saved his life, then strung him up, then threatened to set him free totally on his own, then bound him again, then had him tortured, and then said he was going to kill him!

Not only is he probably going to have to kill him in the end, he's been psychologically terrifying him the whole time too.

I'm personally really annoyed with Rick and the whole Randall situation. You save this guy from walkers just so you can stitch him up, torture him endlessly, and constantly remind him that you will execute him. I'm with Shane 100% on this.
    Yeah I would have never rescued him the first time, the fact he was basically going to be disabled coupled with the fact that 2 members of his group you already killed just meant more drama and headache then was necessary

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah I would have never rescued him the first time, the fact he was basically going to be disabled coupled with the fact that 2 members of his group you already killed just meant more drama and headache then was necessary
    neither would i considering the circumstances (randall was shooting at them and there were a ton of walkers about to eat them).

but since they did, i don't see how killing him is the answer. i really don't understand how they can torture him. not cool at all.

also, keep in mind when they saved him, they had no way of knowing he knew anyone at the farm.

last night on talking dead someone said randall is the linus of the show. i think it would be awesome if that turned out to be true - not that he is a mastermind and in charge of the others - but if this whole "i know whatshername" was made up by him. like he just heard her name and enough to fabricate a lie to keep himself alive.

At this point I'd kill him because all the torture and death threats have pretty much turned him into a wounded animal that cannot be trusted and will most likely kill one of them.

At this point I'd kill him because all the torture and death threats have pretty much turned him into a wounded animal that cannot be trusted and will most likely kill one of them.
    i see your point, but i'd keep him locked up for a year, and then let him go. i'm sure his group won't stay around for a year looking for one farm.

If you're going to lock him up, which sounds like more cruelty, just kill him. Plus you need to create another job on the farm of prison guard, prison chef, and janitor to clean up his latrines. Nobody is going to volunteer for that.

If you're going to lock him up, which sounds like more cruelty, just kill him. Plus you need to create another job on the farm of prison guard, prison chef, and janitor to clean up his latrines. Nobody is going to volunteer for that.
    Yeah that was basically Shane's argument at keeping him alive, besides another mouth to feed

Unfortunately someone last week on another forum completely ruined the rest of the season for me by posting screen shots of the rest of the season right in the middle of a discussion thread just like this one.

Anybody want spoiler pics?

That's pretty much what happened. It was slipped a few weeks ago that person was the one that asked to leave.

Unseen spoilers for this season and next:

Did anyone else see the report that lists Shane's death as one of the episodes for this season? I really hope he goes out like he does in the comic, at Carl's hand. I'm also really excited for them to move onto the prison/Governor storyline.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!