Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah there was not much left in that well, and I am glad they did what they did. The buildup was great and much better than how the comics handled the similar ending

Its changing Rick and we can see him wrestle with what he thinks is right and just versus what he has to do in order to protect his wife, son, and those who look to him for protection.

It will be interesting upcoming to see how Andrea reacts, she has now lost just about everyone who ever "meant" something to her
    Reading the comic now, it's interesting the comparison in pacing of the two mediums. The comic is sometimes too fast, where as the show is sometimes too slow.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Reading the comic now, it's interesting the comparison in pacing of the two mediums. The comic is sometimes too fast, where as the show is sometimes too slow.
    sometimes the show is too fast too *coughrandal'shealingfactorcough*

there is that, also the explicitly state it took them a weeks to teach them to shoot in the comic in the show they become crack shots in one day. Of course Rick was in a coma for a month from a gun shot wound to the chest in the comic. The show it sounds like it was a longer time.

But I was more meaning story pacing. The comic they were at the farm for one or two issues, the show has been what 30 episodes now?

Heck my theory on why the recover so quickly is they all took pills or a shot that improved their ability to heal and that is what infected them all with zombitis when you die.

Interesting thing, Rick in his eulogy mentions Dales look and how it would get to him. I wonder if this was in reference to online communities hating Owl Eyed Dale.
    Last edited by wyldman11; March 12, 2012 at 11:44am.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Interesting thing, Rick in his eulogy mentions Dales look and how it would get to him. I wonder if this was in reference to online communities hating Owl Eyed Dale.
    I actually laughed my ass off at that line, it was definitely a nod to the online community

In hindsight I really love AMC's decision to replace the front runner and some of the writers, since they have done that the show has went to a new level where its coherant/good pacing/character development
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I agree the pacing has picked up, and hopefully season 3 has good over all pacing. Both sides of the writing have their issues, Lori still does some pretty dumb stuff.

I agree the pacing has picked up, and hopefully season 3 has good over all pacing. Both sides of the writing have their issues, Lori still does some pretty dumb stuff.
    Well if you look at Lori's character as a whole she is a pretty dumb character

The budget got increased by a lot for S3 and so I think we will see the pace continue to be somewhat quick but with enough development to not spend 30 episodes in one location and half of those on one storyline
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I'm really looking forward to season 3! I'm also really happy how things went down last night and the whole new walker twist was alluded to, and I'm glad it came to fruition. The worlds a little less safe....love it! I just hope they keep up the momentum they just started!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I'm not an expert on the birthing process, so how long do you think has it been since Lori found out she was preggers? How far was she when she realized??? 4-7 weeks? Just saying I don't think she should look like a skeleton this far down the road.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

As someone who reads the comics, I was furious that they totally copped out!

Well if you look at Lori's character as a whole she is a pretty dumb character
    and if the other characters acknowledged that she is dumb, then it'd be good writing. but they actually look to her sometimes for leadership and listen to her opinions. therefore it's horrible writing.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I'm not an expert on the birthing process, so how long do you think has it been since Lori found out she was preggers? How far was she when she realized??? 4-7 weeks? Just saying I don't think she should look like a skeleton this far down the road.
    Typically a woman will notice when her monthly visitor is late because the way all that works. At the point she realizes she is late she is up to a month pregnant. Generally speaking a woman want noticeably be pregnant till the second trimester. For general purposed 3-6 months, depending on the woman. Based on the fact she needed a test she was just late, based on the time they have given she is about 6 weeks pregnant. She would at most be complaining about her clothing being snug at this point.

And I realize she is supposed to be the character who's dumb brings about drama and survives longer then the people yelling at the screen want her to. But there is dumb then there is what they heck were you thinking, and not be shallow but typically that character is better looking then Lori.

But part of the problem is also, she just does the stuff and doesn't really give the viewer some explanation why, and there are still several fridge logic moments no where near as bad as people at IMDB etc make it look like but still some pretty interesting ones. Like why didn't the people in the cars that were dead go to move.
    Last edited by wyldman11; March 12, 2012 at 05:19pm.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Are we worried about spoilers in this thread? I'm just going to go ahead and wrap my whole post about last night's episode in the spoiler code, just in case...

I'm glad we finally got to learn that you don't have to be bitten or scratched to come back as a walker. I hope we do eventually get some more explanation on why everyone is already infected, but I'm sure if they ever do it'll be a while.

They've alluded to it a few times. I specifically remember in the episode "18 Miles Out" when Rick and Shane both seemed to have noticed that the two police walkers didn't seem to have any bite marks on them. So it was cool to finally see them fully realize it with both Randall and Shane in this episode.

It does bring up questions though. Weren't there dead bodies in several of the cars on the highways? Or am I just remembering wrong? If so, why didn't they come back as walkers? Or what about those two that Rick killed in the bar. I don't think he shot either of them in the head, did he? Shouldn't they have come back as walkers right away?

Maybe we'll learn more about it as we go. Maybe not everyone is infected...yet.

On a side note, I did a random search for columns about last night's episode just because I wanted to read what people thought of it. I was pretty amazed to see how confused everyone is about the idea that you can become a walker without being bit. LOL! It's obvious there are a lot of viewers who never read the books (granted, I am one of them. But I did know about this plot from the books.) I was also surprised at how mad some people seem to be about this idea. I don't really get why that's upsetting. I think it's very interesting!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

In the bar the first guy was a direct headshot, the fat guy was a shot to the chest then a shot to the head to confirm.

Yeah, I'm not sure how we're dealing with spoilers either, so better safe than sorry.

I'm not gonna miss Shane, but I thought killing off zombie-Shane mere moments after was a little underwhelming. I think coming down from the emotion of that moment only to have him come back a bit later would have been interesting, but there's pros and cons to that too.

Re: Pixel Dan's dead highway people question... I 've been wondering that too, and I honestly don't remember if they were there, or if my memory is just putting them there. But if they were, perhaps whatever the Zombie-ism virus is mutated early in the outbreak, so some people died before it became an airborne thing? I haven't read the graphic novels or anything... just speculating.

I heard about that but thankfully never had it spoiled for me, I tend to avoid twitter and facebook as well in regards to the show because lots of people don't know when to not say something
    I don't twitter or facebook at all.

Someone on another forum posted a pic from the AMC order page. As I was skimming through the thread it was just posted.

In hindsight I really love AMC's decision to replace the front runner and some of the writers, since they have done that the show has went to a new level where its coherant/good pacing/character development
    I wouldn't go that far. Darabont pretty much had everything mapped out for season 2 and most of the scripts were already approved by him before he got fired/quit...whatever. He still had a HUGE influence over season 2 despite AMC's claims. I agree the pacing has improved but until season 3 starts it's hard to say that his replacement is the one that "improved" the series.

The budget got increased by a lot for S3 and so I think we will see the pace continue to be somewhat quick but with enough development to not spend 30 episodes in one location and half of those on one storyline
    So does this mean that the budget is back up to what season 1 was?

One of the reasons Darabont left was due to the fact that AMC cut the budget. For Season 1, AMC used the tax break money they got from the state of Georgia to film there to help pay for the series expenses. For season 2 AMC instead decided to pocket the money which made Darabont furious.
    Last edited by Bonehead; March 12, 2012 at 06:19pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Darabont pretty much had everything mapped out for season 2 and most of the scripts were already approved by him before he got fired/quit...whatever. He still had a HUGE influence over season 2 despite AMC's claims. I agree the pacing has improved but until season 3 starts it's hard to say that his replacement is the one that "improved" the series.
    Durabont was responsible for the outline and the first 5-7 episodes, his replacements were completely responsible for the writing and direction/production of the last 5-7. Lots of things were rewritten/redirected after he left.

There was a remarkable difference in tone, pace, and character development since the shows return. This has also led to record ratings that make it the #1 show on all of TV (not just cable) on Sunday. Its also been a much more positive reaction amongst fans, many of which were doom and gloom that the show would fail with his departure.

I don't want to dismiss Durabont and his writers influence but anyone who watches the show and has since the pilot can see the differences since his leaving. Of course if he had not done an amazing job with S1 the characters would not have such ties for us to care in S2.

Provided AMC does not interfere like they were doing when he was there Season 3 should be pretty much the same quality, of course this is AMC we are talking about lol

So does this mean that the budget is back up to what season 1 was?

One of the reasons Darabont left was due to the fact that AMC cut the budget. For Season 1, AMC used the tax break money they got from the state of Georgia to film there to help pay for the series expenses. For season 2 AMC instead decided to pocket the money which made Darabont furious.
    Yes the budget for Season 3 is back to what Season 1 was, they made that change after the first two episodes of the 2nd half of S2 crushed ratings records. It was accompanied by also upping S3 from 13 to 16 eps

Of course like I said its AMC so I would not put them past it to see the money rolling in from S2 and advertising sales and think "we could be even richer"

Especially with nobody like Darabont around to say "oh hell no"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Re: Dead bodies in cars. Yes. There were a LOT of dead bodies in the cars. When Shane came back to life as a walker, I was all "what the hell about the dead bodies in the cars?!" Maybe the zombie infection is mutating as it spreads? I don't know. I just think it's kind of weird if everyone has it now. I mean...why don't they die and go walker, like if they were bit if they already have it? Confusing times. I hope they explain it eventually...somehow.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

RE: Dead bodies in cars. In an interview after Sunday's episode, Kirkman said that if you take another look at that particular scene on the highway, you'll notice they all have head trauma of one kind or another which is why they didn't turn.

I haven't taken the time to go back and see for myself, but that's the official word on the matter anyway.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!

I just checked. It's really too hard to tell. There's a young man in the back of a white SUV that looks fine and he's sitting up. Too hard to tell with the front seat passenger. The woman Lori sees in another car is sitting up too. It's really too hard to see how any of these people died, though. Off topic: if they do another webisode series...I hope it stars Sophia and we see everything that happened to her off screen. I want to know if she DID live in that cupboard in the house Dale found. It would be a pretty cool little series of webisodes, like the first one...ending with her being caroled into the barn by Otis.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I knew the dead people in cars not being walkers came up when that episode aired. I don't watch the Walking Dead, but if I recall in a promo that Kirkman mentioned something about it. It could have been on a web interview, I don't know. He did that sly "oh, it wasn't a mistake....you'lll see" type of interview.

We keep bashing realism of the show. Quick healing factors and timeline. Don't ask why or how this popped in my head, but I have another thing in the show that could be off. I shot a deer this year at 30 yards in the ribcage with a crossbow that is probably average...380 feet per second...and the bolt not only went all the way through the deer, but stuck hard into a tree 15 feet behind it. I think all the headshots Darrel pulls off with his crossbow should go right through the head. Especially that close with decomposed body parts.

Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I knew the dead people in cars not being walkers came up when that episode aired. I don't watch the Walking Dead, but if I recall in a promo that Kirkman mentioned something about it. It could have been on a web interview, I don't know. He did that sly "oh, it wasn't a mistake....you'lll see" type of interview.

We keep bashing realism of the show. Quick healing factors and timeline. Don't ask why or how this popped in my head, but I have another thing in the show that could be off. I shot a deer this year at 30 yards in the ribcage with a crossbow that is probably average...380 feet per second...and the bolt not only went all the way through the deer, but stuck hard into a tree 15 feet behind it. I think all the headshots Darrel pulls off with his crossbow should go right through the head. Especially that close with decomposed body parts.

gotta throw realism out the window when it comes to this kind of Zombie apocalypse, truth is they'd become immobile and rot very quickly hell they'd be killed and eaten by parasites and scavengers long before it go to the point we see in these stories.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post

gotta throw realism out the window when it comes to this kind of Zombie apocalypse, truth is they'd become immobile and rot very quickly hell they'd be killed and eaten by parasites and scavengers long before it go to the point we see in these stories.
    People can deal with some suspension of disbelief for the sake of the story, unless magic is stated to be involved but even then they want it to have some structure.

The crossbow thing is something I figured, especially when a few of those knife shots seem to go into the skull. But it's all done with artistic license, the crossbow bolts not going through are so Daryl can recover them. The healing is so they can move on with the story and not listen to people complain about wanting to know what happened while they recovered. I don't need every little detail of their story told but apparently some people just won't let it go, but what did they do for those two weeks while Carl recovered? Dale practiced his owl impression, Andrea learned to shoot and become less whiney, T-dawg gained proficiency in hide and seek (specifically hide)....

The way it's shot doesn't lend to that, but that's the soft explanation for some of that stuff.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I wonder what made them go with a crossbow? If it were me I'd go with a regular bow. Trust me the crossbow would only be good for one kill, two if you are lucky and quick. They are not the fastest things to load and ****(....prepare to be fired).

For merchandizing, crossbows for toys never work bows people complain about them not being functioning or if they are the string loses it's elasticity.

I do agree while a crossbow can give quite a bit more force reloading is a pain. You also don't aim a gun like a crossbow and vice versa.

The answer, the crossbow looks awesome. Just like with Michone the katana does. But blades need to be kept sharp, they are likely to get wedged, and other problems. For example another problem, most store bought swords right now wouldn't be effective weapons, not only are the impractical for use but the edge itself isn't made for use.

wouldn't a dead person have coagulated blood and possibly leather like skin? /shrug