Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Yeah, a little bit of suspension of disbelief is required people. As someone mentioned, dead bodies decompose quickly enough for any kind of motion to become impossible. And besides, what is the energy that those dead muscles use? Sure zombies eat, but how do they digest that food and make any use of it? How are those nutrients converted into something muscles can use and how are they distributed to the muscles to enable motion? Again, suspension of disbelief...

But, if we want to construct some internal logic, maybe the virus hadn't infected everyone during the first season and the beginning of the second. Maybe it took time for the virus to spread, so in the beginning some people would stay dead but now, pretty much everyone has it, so now everyone who dies turns? Also, maybe it was possible for some people's immune systems to even defeat the virus if they got it early enough while they were still well nourished and strong, and if they had more time between getting the virus and dying, or if they were genetically lucky. Some people survive even the deadliest diseases, so why not?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    You also don't aim a gun like a crossbow and vice versa.

Yes and no. Generally now a days the xbow has a 'scope' that has three dots for 20, 30, 40 yards. They don't magnify like a regular scope since they only shoot a short distance, but just show the dots. They don't usually have the traditional iron sights, but they can.

Optic-3-dot-sightproduct.jpg
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I'm only 4 episodes into the show, but I suppose like most things you can't over analyze it just sit back and enjoy the ride unless something is absolutely ridiculous (in the rules of the fictional world not the real one).
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Honestly I think they went with a crossbow because its looks cooler from a action standpoint, like wyldman11 said
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yeah, crossbows are cool!

I just remembered how they discovered that everybody comes back as a zombie in the comics! In the books, Hershel had two little daughters. A guy at the-prison-they-are-never-going-to-find-on-tv, cuts their heads off and when Hershel finds them, their eyes pop open! If AMC copped out in having Carl kill Shane, they're sure as heck not gonna show two little girls' dismembered heads turning into zombies!

If anyone doubts that the show is on fire, the ratings just came out. It absolutely crushed everything on cable and everything on network tv making it easily Sundays #1 show on television

Quote Originally Posted by tvbythenumebrs
    The Walking Dead was the top cable series Sunday, March 11, dominating everything else with a colossal 3.6. Second place for the night belonged to a special episode of Oprah's Next Chapter featuring Whitney Houston's daughter, and scored both a series and network high. New episodes of Ax Men, Real Housewives of Atlanta and Khloe and Lamar rounded out the night's original programming.
    The closest network TV got was Family Guy with a 2.8 and Desperate Housewives with a 2.6, both also airing at 9pm
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Yes and no. Generally now a days the xbow has a 'scope' that has three dots for 20, 30, 40 yards. They don't magnify like a regular scope since they only shoot a short distance, but just show the dots. They don't usually have the traditional iron sights, but they can.

Optic-3-dot-sightproduct.jpg
    I meant more in how the ammo behaves, even bows now have scopes. Scopes make the point a bit more moot, but still as you said the crossbow needs different dots for different ranges.

I has been years since I have fired any of them, but I do know many who have given up rifle hunting for bow hunting because there is more thrill to it because of the challenge.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

seems like when i watch all these reality shooting shows, the time it takes to draw an arrow and aim (especially aiming) takes a bit of time. while the crossbow is already loaded (assuming you have it loaded already) and seems to take less time to aim (w/ a bow you have to hold it just right to keep the arrow on the string).

if they used a bow (which i think is cooler) some of us might be saying the guy is shooting too fast.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If anyone doubts that the show is on fire, the ratings just came out. It absolutely crushed everything on cable and everything on network tv making it easily Sundays #1 show on television

The closest network TV got was Family Guy with a 2.8 and Desperate Housewives with a 2.6, both also airing at 9pm

I just hope that it doesn't take a nose dive with Shanes departure. I don't think that it will as the series is just plain out good, but his character added the most drama and IMO was the most interesting.

It was always like what's this guy going to do next. Then all of a sudden BAM gone...not that it wasn't going to happen eventually, but it's defiantly going to be weird with-out the second biggest character there.

Not sure how I feel about that...I still like the show and will continue to follow it, but a big chunk is just missing for me now. Would of defiantly of liked to see him around longer.

Yeah we will have to see, I think if they move fast enough to bring about a new source of drama the show will be fine. Rick himself is probably going to become a bit more "hard" which will ruffle some feathers I think as that kind of personality tends to alienate people.

And now their moral center is gone as well

But for all the concern over the end of the last episode I just have to laugh because

Shane died really early in the comics, I mean his character was nothing in terms of importance as it has become in the show. It just seems to me they made Shane bigger than he was and so they should be able to do that with just about any character they come across. I mean we still have Daryl's brother Merle who we know has to come back sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    seems like when i watch all these reality shooting shows, the time it takes to draw an arrow and aim (especially aiming) takes a bit of time. while the crossbow is already loaded (assuming you have it loaded already) and seems to take less time to aim (w/ a bow you have to hold it just right to keep the arrow on the string).

if they used a bow (which i think is cooler) some of us might be saying the guy is shooting too fast.

/shrug
    People are complaining they are using their guns too much. They didn't go with a bow most likely because people would have called him Legolas.

Shane was basically an interior group antagonist. The Governor will fill the main human antagonist when he comes in, not sure how long he will stay around though.

Thematically for the series having Rick kill off Shane fit better, especially after he didn't kill Randal and couldn't bring himself to put Dale down. Killing Walker Sophia was different, and so was killing the guys at the bar. Shane has been part of the hardening of Rick, he was a great character but still that's part of his role and why he was such a great character. He pointed out some of Ricks faults, because no one else really was willing to. It isn't about just doing the right thing, or doing something just for survival, it isn't about thinking or just doing. They were shown in extremes. With the case of Randal in the world the live in, shooting him and leaving him was the best over all thing. He wouldn't have been left to suffer and he wouldn't have potentially caused group problems. Thinking too long on something can turn into a bad situation, but reacting without thinking can make a current situation turn sour faster. Rick has been too far over onto one side, as was Shane as was Dale

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Great episode and wasn't a surprise as much but I see certain people are "Over Generalizing" this

EX: How can dead bodies move they decompose so fast blah blah blah....

Hint...It's a TV show enjoy it it is a great story and great special effects and it is #1 show on cable why can't people just enjoy it instead of comparing it to the "Real World"

That's the part I love how they take a fictional show and try and compare it to the "Real" World....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Great episode and wasn't a surprise as much but I see certain people are "Over Generalizing" this

EX: How can dead bodies move they decompose so fast blah blah blah....

Hint...It's a TV show enjoy it it is a great story and great special effects and it is #1 show on cable why can't people just enjoy it instead of comparing it to the "Real World"

That's the part I love how they take a fictional show and try and compare it to the "Real" World....
    eh, if you create a show in the real world and then add something to it (zombie apocalypse) that shouldn't mean all logic is thrown out the window. the zombie stuff is one thing. the super fast healing on normal humans w/ no explanation or acknowledgement that they are healing faster is just off.

the crossbow stuff isn't as big of a deal since i (and probably most americans) don't know jack about shooting crossbows.

I love the Blade Trilogy I saw all three movies in the theatre. The second movie was in college and half my friends at the time were pre-med majors planning on going into fields of biology. While I am not as knowledgeable as they were I recognized several problems, we were the only people in the theatre at the time and we ripped the movie apart. I think it started with Neurotoxin having no scent or flavor and me mentioning the wouldn't be able to speak if his mouth opened up like it did.

It didn't detract from my ability to enjoy the movie though. It's a movie based on a comic book character who is half human half vampire. For many of us doing this kind of thing isn't us making the story worse, we also realize we are overanalyzing it but it's part of our enjoyment of it. I love dissecting stories, I love researching them finding out what influenced them, seeing how certain scenes are recreations of other scenes from other movies.

Now, I am not a big fan of watching them apply makeup or talking about how they got a certain shot to work or all the time it took them to animate something I find that stuff boring. But get me to the mythology and the influence on it, you got me. To me the real world stuff like this falls under that. I will always come back to the reason they did what they did was for some story telling device.

This is why I was one of the ones who brought up the healing factor of the characters, but I came up with the reason why it's so they don't get bogged down with waiting for a character to heal. I knew why they did it in the first place. Of course with them out searching for Sophia at the time, and the story having stalled they could have left Carl bed ridden. And been more explicit with training the characters in fire arms etc, it would have helped more if they didn't reference time. Sometimes the worst thing you can do is reference time in your story, sometimes all you need to say is sometime later. How much later, long enough for them to learn to shoot, Carl heal up and find out Sophia is a walker.

eh, if you create a show in the real world and then add something to it (zombie apocalypse) that shouldn't mean all logic is thrown out the window. the zombie stuff is one thing. the super fast healing on normal humans w/ no explanation or acknowledgement that they are healing faster is just off.
    Yea but that might been something down the road...Hint...Hint...

Yea but that might been something down the road...Hint...Hint...
    sure, but you'd think someone would have asked randall if he was related to wolverine. they didn't acknowledge his super-human healing factor at all and that compounds the error (assuming that's what the fast healing is).

sure, but you'd think someone would have asked randall if he was related to wolverine. they didn't acknowledge his super-human healing factor at all and that compounds the error (assuming that's what the fast healing is).
    I'm not going to give it away but see the stories in the comics...

I'm not going to give it away but see the stories in the comics...
    unless the answer is that they are really dumb (not out of the realm of possibility given some of the things they've done) you cannot explain why they don't acknowledge super human healing. there may very well be a reason why they heal fast, but there is no reason they wouldn't acknowledge it...especially if one of them is a doctor.

The only reason is it's so common place or they are used to it. Still you think they would have some one off, about how they heal much quicker now.

I am sure many people I know would say, good thing we recover much faster during all this undead nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The only reason is it's so common place or they are used to it. Still you think they would have some one off, about how they heal much quicker now.

I am sure many people I know would say, good thing we recover much faster during all this undead nonsense.
    yes, exactly. but they can't have them realize that or they have to ask why and come up with the possibility that...

they are already infected

It's the general issue for things to work how they do some concessions have to be made for their world to work. It's our world, but Kirkman has already said things like Romero's zombie movies were never made. Most people in the real world know a zombie typically dies to severe head trauma and that quite probably would stop an infestation from happening pretty quickly, even in a recent dead crawling out of the graves type situation.

If the show has an increased healing factor, it would have be something they are just used to. Not sure how they would explain this to the viewer though outside of a comment on Talking Dead. The fact they haven't mentioned anything about it, yet have Rick's comment about Dales eyes in the eulogy. So they should be aware of the that viewers are aware and, the one week to recover was a partial fix to this but they would have to realize that wouldn't be enough time. So they just haven't said anything or they are keeping quite on purpose.

i wouldn't look for anything from talking dead. not one person on that show wondered why lori took off after rick and co in the first place. they are all about praise. you probably won't see any criticism there.

i wouldn't look for anything from talking dead. not one person on that show wondered why lori took off after rick and co in the first place. they are all about praise. you probably won't see any criticism there.
    Well it is a show paid for by AMC, you can't bite the hand that feeds you

They do mock the situations though and acknowledge some stuff does not make sense, they are just not negative about it. The guy from Chuck just about ripped the show on the last episode then stopped himself.

Show is pretty dead to me now, literally.

It's gotten painfully stupid lately with the decisions they have had the characters make. I'm so ******* tired of Carl just always happening to wander places. Hey, we just walked for like 20 minutes plus in the woods and yet somehow Carl found us in 3 seconds. Hey something dramatic happening, throw the dumb kid in the scene.

Give me a break. The show might be some what worth watching if they got rid of Carl and Lori. Then it's a big maybe. But as it is right now, it's just getting laughably bad.

Evil Master of Warcraft

I don't remember the exact statistic, but back in the day my dad could shoot like 10-15 arrows a minute and hit a target. I'll ask him exactly. If you have a regular bow with sights (my dad didn't use them), you have to have two points lined up with the string in order to line up the hole properly with the sight on the shaft. Usually a specific part of your draw hand touches specific part of your cheek, then you slightly lay your nose against the string, and look down the hole. This lines you up to the sight to shoot. Target shooting that way could be cumbersome and take a little more time. However, I could still do that quicker than pulling the string back on the xbow.

Just for fun ...ere I am doing some Zombie practice . I filmed this at dusk and you can see the fire coming out of my 9mm. About 37 seconds I pull out the .44 mag

Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980