Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    This man speaks the truth. I'm pretty sure this is almost the exact explanation that Kirkman has given in the letters page for quite a few years now. Part of the horror is just knowing that anyone who dies, whether it is someone dying in a gunfight, your spouse who dies in the night sleeping next to you, or your unborn child who dies while still in the womb, might come back.
    Zombie baby eating its way out of the womb....now THAT's disturbing!

Actually, the guy with the kid will probably come back much sooner, maybe even in the next season. Here's an interview with executive producer from CNN's The Marquee Blog. He discusses what's coming next in the show, including the prison, the helicopter, the guy with the kid...

What's next for 'Walking Dead'?
    Sunday's season finale of "The Walking Dead" – though it was an excitement-filled hour – certainly left viewers with a lot more questions as to what the next season will look like.

Executive producer Glen Mazzara spoke with reporters on Tuesday to shed a little light on what to expect. For starters, just how much will we see of the prison that was shown in the final shot of the season?

"I do think that prison is a significant storyline," Mazzara said, adding that the prison will not just be a major setting for the third season (premiering in October), but the fourth as well.

"But we're interested also in opening up the world. You know, the Governor [to be played by David Morrissey] has a world of [Woodbury, Georgia]. There are other factors out there in the world, other groups. So I think that Rick's group is really stumbling into a much larger world."

There's also that mysterious helicopter seen at the start of the finale. Mazzara actually tweeted about that one, saying it will show up again next season.

With new characters like Michonne and the Governor grabbing the spotlight in the fall, what about two of the most memorable characters who haven't been seen since the first episode? "We still have Morgan and Duane out there. We're interested in them."

The pacing of the second half of the season was quicker (after some criticism from fans), but Mazzara said that was just a coincidence.

"I'll admit I, and all of us, were surprised that some of those episodes were criticized for being slower, that the pace was so slow, because I’m happy with those episodes and I didn't see the pace as so slow," he said. "I just thought that that was the revealing itself to us, that if any story has its own weight and its own merit, that's the way that story was being told. People gave it a few episodes before that criticism really landed for us. But we had shot everything. So it was always our intention in the first half to land on the big revelation of [Sophia] coming out of the barn and I think that was a very successful episode."

Mazzara has no intention of slowing things down too much next season.

"We're going to have a breakneck pace. We're going to have deep character moments and people are going to have to catch up with the show," he said. "We are interested in having things happen off screen and then people say, well, wait, how did this happen, how did that happen? We think our audience is very intelligent. We think our fans are dedicated and we really, really want to make it a satisfying experience. So I think people, again, by keeping the story telling simple, by not having a very complicated mythology, allows us to give people an access point for season three."

One thing that can be expected is, of course, the unexpected.

"Week by week we want to keep throwing curve balls at the audience, so you never know what kind of episode you're going to get. We are constantly playing with people's expectations because that's what horror movies do."

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    In the book,.
    dude. spoiler.

http://thesouptv.com/latest/the-caulking-dead/302757

lol
    Last edited by EldestSon; March 24, 2012 at 11:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I finally got caught up with the second season on DVR (minus the second episode for some reason). I can't say I liked how Sophie ended up, or that it took so long for the obvious to play out with Shane. I don't know about the later, but I heard Sophie never died in the comics, so a big birdie to the writers for that one. I was most annoyed though with Lori's reaction to Rick's confession about Shane in the finale. I mean come ON! Shane was a violent loose canon who was going to murder her husband, and she even suggested killing him first, so her not consoling Rick didn't seem natural for her IMO. And I get how there needed to be a crisis to end the season on a question mark, but I didn't think Rick deserved any of the doubt or hard looks he was getting at the end. Shane was an SOB and a half, Dale was right that being like him was not survival at all. And they should all have already assumed anyone who dies might rise again without a bite. I certainly thought that before almighty science man confirmed it. Rick holding it back never hurt them either. I'm just stunned they were shooting things all season with no worries about being heard, but then it was a big deal that shots were fired to take out a zombie they didn't know would appear. I mean sure we know the masses of walkers were lured there by a helicopter and it was just the worst time ever, but Shane actually fired the shot that drew them first and he was going to fire it no matter what. I don't know how anyone was comfortable without a solid wall around that farm anyway. Marshes and a flimsy wooden fence do not a sanctuary make. The prison at the end seemed like a better fort, even though I really think they need to move to higher ground.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 1, 2012 at 10:31pm.

Man I was really bummed to see Dale killed off so early!
    I really like his character in the show and the comic so I was hoping to see him last until his comic demise...

I cant wait to see season 3, the 2nd season was great and I really enjoyed it!

One more thing, I saw that Michael Rooker confirmed that Merle Dixon will be back in season 3, anyone wondering if they will make him hook up with the Governers crew and he will be responsible for cutting Rick's hand off as payback??
    Last edited by oICEMANo; April 10, 2012 at 03:56pm.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Season 3 is in production and Robert Kirkman did an interview with amctv.com

This article has a transcript of the interview:

http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/12...ng_dead_AD.htm
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The Walking Dead is coming back October 14th. It will have 16 episodes. 8 will air in the fall, the other 8 in February. The Talking Dead is also coming back. Finally, Universal Studios Theme park will have a Halloween attraction based on the show.

At this year’s Comic-Con, fans got a preview of what they can expect from Halloween Horror Nights’ Walking Dead maze – AMC hosted an obstacle course based on the show. Apparently the set-up was quite elaborate and impressed everyone, including comic book creator Robert Kirkman.

"You'd think I'd be bored with seeing The Walking Dead come to life after watching nearly three seasons of the show come together, but seeing this obstacle course for the first time really blew me away,” Kirkman told The Hollywood Reporter.
    Here's the full article:

http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/12...studios_EG.htm
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

For those who have dishnetwork, know that Dish dropped AMC a few weeks ago because of a breakdown between the two (AMC wanted to push a few more channels on Dish and up the price or something of their package).

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Season 3 seems promising, the jail, Michonne, Merle's return, and the Governor! Really looking forward to it.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Damn you DishNetwork! I need me my Walking Dead! So right now I'm measuring up DirectTv to see if it'll be worth it to switch before the new season.
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by King Hsss View Post
    Damn you DishNetwork! I need me my Walking Dead! So right now I'm measuring up DirectTv to see if it'll be worth it to switch before the new season.
    Directv also last I checked isn't running viacom stations for similar issues.

Really most of these disputes there is no good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Directv also last I checked isn't running viacom stations for similar issues.

Really most of these disputes there is no good guy.
    the viacom stations returned the other day. i'm so happy about that too. i would have been mad if i couldn't watch tmnt.

i don't have dish network, but i really hope all this stupidity gets settled soon. i've had to deal with tv providers dropping stations too many times. it always sucks. both the tv provider and the station owner will try to assure you that they are only looking out for the customer's best interest, but the customer is the only one that's really losing anything in these corporate wars.

I have read up on several, a lot of people don't realize things like the networks send packages to the providers with a few popular channels with a few that 90% of people could careless about. The providers are expected to pay more for these channels but at the same time keep their prices low to the customers. But at the same time often when the providers drop these channels due to a dispute they don't lower the cost of their services, or make up 'false' channels to fill the channels till hopefully something gets worked out. To put it another way, we have all flipped through channels and stopped at one and thought who actually watches this channel? And if no-one is watching it why is it on? The answer no-one is watching it but, the cable provider is forced into a contract to take the station to get more popular stations and often are paying just as much for both stations. Because the providers need to pay for these somehow they then have to up the cost of their service.

Cable providers would love to give the consumer pick and choose programming the problem is they don't get it and are forced to have us pay for stations we don't watch to get ones we do want to watch.

At the same time AMC has a problem with Dish dropping Zoom a few years back, citing breach of contract. This was one of those packaged channels with AMC that most people don't watch. They feel they lost money because of Dish doing this.

Netflix had a similar problem with Starz, Starz wanted netflix to offer there first run movies in special bracket that cost just as much as the regular netflix services. Netflix had just had a problem when they tried to increase price on their services.

The basic problem is if Dish had stuck with it, they would have needed to look at upping the cost of their services, this year they didn't do a price increase. It's a tough problem for the consumer, we don't want higher prices yet we still want the stuff we want. I personally don't like the way AMC is trying to use fans of the shows to threaten Dish though. It comes off very call them up and tell them how much of a poopie head they are for taking your programming away because it's their fault (under breath they didn't take a bunch of crappy stations at a cost they aren't worth because it helps line our pockets). They are the bad guy here. both companies should be contacted, AMC should be told to stop trying to force providers to take underperforming channels at premium prices and expected to not increase the price of their services.

Walking dead episodes typically can be found a day after airing online on AMC's website for a week or so. I had to do this a few times this last year when we had signal problems due to weather or blackouts. It is good to know that Viacom is back on Directv for those with the service. I know many of us don't have options when it comes to this though.
    Last edited by wyldman11; July 24, 2012 at 11:25am.

Y'all ready?

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Y'all ready?
    I am!! Countin' down the hours!

DVR is set and ready.....it recorded the extended trailer for me as well which is actually what reminded me the show was starting again. Thank God for technology .

5 hours and counting!

any thoughts??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I liked it. I'm very much looking forward to this seasons angle. If it's half as good as the comic we are in for some big "shockers" and an awesome season. I'm just curious as to how far from the comics they're going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I liked it. I'm very much looking forward to this seasons angle. If it's half as good as the comic we are in for some big "shockers" and an awesome season. I'm just curious as to how far from the comics they're going to go.
    Yeah if they go with the comic, then.....Let's just say there'll be a whole of "I did'nt see that coming". I do like that it is not following the comic.100%. This way I can still somewhat be surprised. Great first episode. No back stories, just jumping into the action. Loved it!!!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I loved last nights episode, had enough action to show us it won't be as slow as S2 Part 1 was but enough story to go in a variety of ways.

Also like how they adapted some of the comic events but twisted it up so it was not a rehash

T-Dog had more lines in this episode than I think in the past 2 seasons combined

Love how they moved forward, Carl did not annoy me but god I hope Lori bites it ha ha
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

a Muppet of a man...
    So far so good. Didn't knock me on my backside, but I was highly entertained.

Dammit, Hershel. Why didn't you watch where you were walking?!

It left me saying, "Damn, I wish this was a 2 hour premiere." I'm really happy with last nights episode and the production values were great. How about when the knocked the helmet off that one walker and his whole face came off? That was awesome. It was hard to watch Herschel have his leg severed like that but it worked in Day of the Dead. I am very happy that this show is back.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    How about when the knocked the helmet off that one walker and his whole face came off? That was awesome.
    I'm not usually too bothered by gross stuff, but that was pretty cringe-inducing. I liked the helmet bit later too, "I'm not wearing this...."