Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Season finale tonight! Word!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

These seasons go by too fast. Oh well, at least Game of Thrones S3 is starting up.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Carl needs to be ******-slapped!

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Hmmm... not sure what to think about this one. On one hand, I thought it was a good episode overall.

However, as the cap to a season-long build-up... it felt a bit anticlimactic to me.

Having the Governor go insane and kill his own people seemed like the easy way out for the writers to get rid of the problem of Woodbury without having our people commit a mass slaughter.

Still, the drama with Milton and Andrea was well handled and the ending of Andrea's story was suitably sad and emotional. It was a bit muted, however, by the fact that we never really got to see her and Michonne together much to really feel their friendship. I feel like Michonne in general has just been a bit mishandled as a character.

Also, I thought it was interesting that in interviews Norman Reedus he said Darryl turned hard after Merle's death. But he barely mentioned it in the episode. Maybe he just knows something about the upcoming season. As for Carl. You know, as cold as that was... he did kind of have a point.

I didn't dislike the finale... just wasn't sure it really whetted my appetite for next season the way I wanted it to. I was really hoping they'd have left the prison by the end of this season. This show just needs to be on the move more.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wouldn't have trusted that guy in the woods either.

He looked like he was going to try something. Maybe he thought that he could take the gun from the kid.

However I'm trilled by the Woodbury people moving into the prison. Rick stopped seeing Lori. Significant character development from the beginning of the season. He's come full circle from the "Ricktatorship."

The Governor going buck wild and killing everyone was crazy!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Rick needs to father that kid of his and *****-slap him. Pretty sure that was the point when Rick said something to the effect of "They're (the Woodbury folks) are going to be with us now."

I am surprised one of the Governer's chronies didnt blast him, after what he just did. Obviously I know they didnt to keep his charactor in the show, but dayum. the "Gov" needs to die in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    I am surprised one of the Governer's chronies didnt blast him, after what he just did. Obviously I know they didnt to keep his charactor in the show, but dayum. the "Gov" needs to die in a big way.
    I guess they were afraid of him, but yeah, I was wondering the same thing too. Those two are the most bad-ass of the Woodbury crew besides the Guv himself.

Sucks they killed Andrea. She was the biggest fan favorite all season and her death was so heartfelt for the fan community last night. Going to be interesting to see how the show goes on without their two best written characters, Andrea and Lori.

I think several are well-written, not just Andrea and Lori. I wish Daryl had been killed or killed himself after Merle.

Well for the 3rd straight time the Walking Dead finale was #1 outdoing the last season finale by a handy margin

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...iewers/175804/

New York, NY – April 1, 2013 – Last night, AMC’s season three finale of “The Walking Dead” premiered at 9 pm, delivering its largest audience ever with 12.4 million viewers and 8.1 million adults 18-49, making the series the number one program for the night and the week for total viewers and in the demo. The series’ season average is also number one for the broadcast season for adults 18-49 for all of television outdelivering everything including “The Big Bang Theory,” “The Voice,” “Game of Thrones,” “Modern Family,” and almost doubling “The Bible.”
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I think several are well-written, not just Andrea and Lori. I wish Daryl had been killed or killed himself after Merle.
    Sacrilege!!!!

My biggest issue with last nights episode was simply time. If you're going to have a "season finale" in which is built up to hell combined with how popular the show is and how much is expected of it due to being #1 you gotta make the freaking thing 2hrs.

Trying to cram so much in to a final episode WITH commercials which comes out to what? Around 40-45 minutes long with so much riding on it is ridiculous. Seriously, I know that I wasn't the only one here watching it saying to myself..."That's it?"

And again, that wasn't necessarily because I felt that enough of the actual plot didn't happen, it was just because before you knew it, it seemed like the episode was over along with the season.

It felt SUPER rushed and in all honesty for a "finale" felt short IMO. Sure things happened, but again with every thing mentioned earlier in mind 40 minutes doesn't cut it.

Even if the plot stays the same it would of defiantly benefited from more filler.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; April 1, 2013 at 09:21pm.

That's crazier than the Governor!!!!! Daryl's the man! Andrea was fitting as her arc really had no where else to go but it was still suprising and sad. I did feel the episode was anti climactic but in a way I was happy that it didn't end in some kind of cliffhanger that we have to sit on till October! All in all I enjoyed the episode and look forward to season 4!

I don't get what everyone's deal is with Daryl. I just don't. He's just not that interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    My biggest issue with last nights episode was simply time. If you're going to have a "season finale" in which is built up to hell combined with how popular the show is and how much is expected of it due to being #1 you gotta make the freaking thing 2hrs.

Trying to cram so much in to a final episode WITH commercials which comes out to what? Around 40-45 minutes long with so much riding on it is ridiculous. Seriously, I know that I wasn't the only one here watching it saying to myself..."That's it?"

And again, that wasn't necessarily because I felt that enough of the actual plot didn't happen, it was just because before you knew it, it seemed like the episode was over along with the season.

It felt SUPER rushed and in all honesty for a "finale" felt short IMO. Sure things happened, but again with every thing mentioned earlier in mind 40 minutes doesn't cut it.

Even if the plot stays the same it would of defiantly benefited from more filler.
    yeah a friend of mine said the finale wasn't anything special. Walking Dead is getting a lot of hate lately as someone who isn't a big fan or detractor, it's interesting to read both sides of the camp. the people that dislike the show have seemingly sound arguments, but they keep watching for some reason!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Some people just want to complain. I thought the finale was fine. It's like some people expected to see a ton of main characters die or something. Everyone is an actor, a writer, a critic, etc.. The Walking Dead is a great show that maintains its momentum.

Some people just want to complain. I thought the finale was fine. It's like some people expected to see a ton of main characters die or something. Everyone is an actor, a writer, a critic, etc.. The Walking Dead is a great show that maintains its momentum.
    It's still one of my favorite shows and I agree, finale was fine as it was. I'm still looking forward to Season 4. I'm also a fan of the comics. They are very different than the show but both universes are awesome.

the most consistent complaint that i hear is this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

that's the biggest complaint I hear about the show also. Then you have the odd use of zombies, like the one that essentially got Merle killed. It's interesting how early he doesn't have much trouble taking one out with his arm knife then all of the sudden wrestles this one that kind of appeared out of no where to the ground. And lets be honest in that situation did the zombie need to appear there. They had already figured out someone was shooting them.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    the most consistent complaint that i hear is this
    NewImage150-300x225.png
    That chart could literally apply to every successful show ever made in the history of television
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That chart could literally apply to every successful show ever made in the history of television
    You need to watch better TV shows if you find that to be true...

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Markaitsu is right on this.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I am not saying the show is that bad, but that same critique can given to almost every successful show when it reaches a popular point. Battlestar Galactica, LOST, True Blood, 24, Dexter, Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries and the list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I am not saying the show is that bad, but that same critique can given to almost every successful show when it reaches a popular point. Battlestar Galactica, LOST, True Blood, 24, Dexter, Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries and the list goes on and on.
    Oh, I don't think Walking Dead is particularly good. Its a mostly entertaining, though wildly uneven show - and I think that chart fits it to a T.