Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

I actually lump the Walking Dead with shows like Revolution, in that they are very entertaining (well, except when they are occasionally sort of boring) but they don't exactly have brilliant writing. I've always found WD to be stylish and to have interesting characters, but the words actually coming out of their mouths and the plot arcs can leave something to be desired. I thought the same thing of LOST and Orphan Black seems to be shaping up that way as well. There's a whole other kind of show that I'd say is truly great and can transcend being just a solid, reasonably well-crafted series like Game of Thrones, Battlestar Galactica and Breaking Bad.

Well I watched the season 3 finale last night and for me it was easily the worst episode of the entire show so far.

Rick has been hard to like all season and I think the writers on this show struggle to write female characters well. Thank god Michonne is there as she's the only female who is a match for the men on the show. Andrea was systematically destroyed as a character in season 3 which was unfortunate to see.

The show will be weaker without Andrea in the cast that's for sure and her death has taken a lot of enthusiasm I had for the show away.

I think what they were trying to do with Andrea was avoid shock death that they have done with other characters. I started reading the comic after the show had started and I was hoping Andrea was different as I have never cared much for her character in the show, I much prefer her in the comic.

That said the problem with this finale was it felt more like a midseason finale than an actual season finale. The Governor obviously got away, but it was kind of left open. The Rick thing I think was handled better in the comic.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Andrea is my favorite female character, but Maggie is hot! My favorite characters are Merle, Rick, Morgan, Dale, Shane, Hershel, The Governor, and Tyrese. I just find those characters the most developed and interesting. I don't care for Carol, Glen, Daryl, the other daughter of Hershel (can't even remember her name - the one who sings), Carl, Lori, or anyone else.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Beth, I think that's a combination of she wasn't a character from the comics and they haven't had her really do anything other than carry the baby and sing since she tried to commit suicide.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Maggie is hot!
    Oh indeed!

Heroic Warrior
    I enjoy this show more and more as time goes on. I was glad to see Andrea go. Comic Andrea is much better than TV Andrea. Still, it was very poignant when Andrea says she was trying to make peace between the two sides because she didn't want anyone to die. It was as if she didn't think that she could die in that process because she had an in with both sides. But then she is the primary casualty of all that goes down. Good death for not my favorite character.

Miss this show!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Okay, just picked up the S3 DVD set and was checking out the featurettes when I noticed that the 'Cold Storage' webisodes aren't on there. Did I miss something? I was sure these would be released given that the S2 'Torn Apart' webisodes were released on the S2 DVD set .....

Regards,
    Victor P.

Movie mayhem!
    Finally caught up and watched season 2 and 3 over the last two weeks. Man did this show get better. I liked season one but it had a tendancy to drag and get repetitive. Season two started out a snore fest until that amazing midseason barn episode and from that point on this show had me hooked. Id like next season to start showing them having really built something amazing out of the prison. Gardens in the field like they talked about etc. And then maybe something horrible happens and they havr to leave.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

i haven't bought any of the season sets yet, but that blu ray set with the aquariums has me a little intrigued. normally it would be a pass because it's pricey, but i've been looking for some cool bookends lately and i think these might look cool. if anyone has it, i'd love to know the dimensions and weight of the aquarium. i'd hate to get this, only to find out that it's too big or that it doesn't have enough heft to work as a bookend.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    i haven't bought any of the season sets yet, but that blu ray set with the aquariums has me a little intrigued. normally it would be a pass because it's pricey, but i've been looking for some cool bookends lately and i think these might look cool. if anyone has it, i'd love to know the dimensions and weight of the aquarium. i'd hate to get this, only to find out that it's too big or that it doesn't have enough heft to work as a bookend.
    It's funny that you mention bookends, because in the S3 DVD set there's a small booklet that shows memorabilia (games, figures, shirts, busts/statues, etc.), and there's bookends consisting of 'walker hands' from Gentle Giant LTD. Might want to check their website for it .

Regards,
    Victor P.

Yeah, like Shecky said they actually make the bookends that are the Walker Hands reaching up. They are more comic inspired though.
    The zombie head tanks are light, unless you use the water and even then arent very heavy...
    As far as the dementions, they are approx 8x11x6 thise are not exacts i just eyeballed it...
    It IS awesome though!!

Stoked for this to return next month. I am late to the game, as my wife and I only just started watching in July while on vacation. Tons of rain pretty much meant we were stuck in the beachhouse watching tons of WD!

A buddy of mine is a rising actor and has filmed 2 episodes for season 4. His name is Julio, I think in ep 4 and ep 8.

Im thinking of asking for all the comics for Christmas so I can compare the tv show.

6 1/4 x 9.5 x 4 1/4

I was really off

watched the first disc of season 3 last night, thanks netflix. now i have to wait for the next. at least when i get back from powercon it'll be waiting for me. i wish i didn't have to wait. it'll be my luck, cause this always happens, after i watch them on disk it will be streaming.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    watched the first disc of season 3 last night, thanks netflix. now i have to wait for the next. at least when i get back from powercon it'll be waiting for me. i wish i didn't have to wait. it'll be my luck, cause this always happens, after i watch them on disk it will be streaming.
    Streaming is how my wife and I watched these. I am pretty sure it was on Netflix, at least the first 2 seasons were. We may have watched Season 3 on Amazon Prime.

Spin-off being developed for 2015....

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...f-is-official/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Yeah, with a cruddy title that I hope is a working title only. Just to be on the safe side.....

I don't think I'd be able to take 'Spread The Dead' seriously without looking at it as if it were Nutella or some condiment.

Regards,
    Victor P.

I like the idea of a spin off.

I wouldn't mind following a different group, especially since I would not constantly be comparing the show to the comic.

I am actually surprised they have not spun the comic off into multiple series already with how popular it is.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'd probably watch a spinoff.

IDK...
    Then id have yet more zombie stuff to collect...UGH!
    I hope they dint make figures from it!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I hope the spin-off is going to be entirely from the zombie's point of view. Just them shuffling and rambling about...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I am so sad Carol was banished from the group. *sniff*
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

It does follow the pattern where

they finally do something interesting with a character, only to get rid of them. But I'm hoping now they will bring her back at some point.