Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Evil Master of Warcraft
    That looks awesome.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wow, it sounds like they are just r*ping this show left and right. Yeah, I'm glad I've decided to leave it dead in its tracks.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Just a reminder this is on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Just a reminder this is on tonight.
    Can't wait! Well, actually, I will have to wait since I don't have cable so I'll watch it tomorrow on iTunes, but I guess I'll survive. If I don't, somebody please shoot my brains out before I start walking again

From what I read, they will focus more on interpersonal relationships in Season 2, and on the psychological drama. Like, what happens when people start accepting that the past isn't coming back and that it's going to be like that from now on. How people deal with that. Sounds, interesting. I guess it'll be like Lord of the Flies but with zombies I didn't read the comics, so I really have no idea what to expect, but it should be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    From what I read, they will focus more on interpersonal relationships in Season 2, and on the psychological drama. Like, what happens when people start accepting that the past isn't coming back and that it's going to be like that from now on. How people deal with that. Sounds, interesting. I guess it'll be like Lord of the Flies but with zombies I didn't read the comics, so I really have no idea what to expect, but it should be good!
    The comic is a framework for the TV show, all involved have said as much. They wanted to remain faithful in tone etc but not to specific events. They felt people who had read it would have been bored with the show.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I just watched the first episode of S2 last night (finally!) and I liked it. It is a nice continuation, it was a little scary but not too much. I noticed several things though:

1. Why is he still talking in his radio? Who is he talking too? That guy with a kid from the pilot? Is that guy using the radio all the time? How does he recharge it? Is he in range? Most likely, he is just talking to himself, so why bother?

2. His wife is awful. I hate her. I never really liked her, but now I hate her even more. I'd used the b-word but I'm not sure I can do that here. She is always angry. Always confrontational, whenever anyone says anything to her she responds with an angry argument. Plus, she still can't make up her mind who she wants, Rick or that other cop. Seriously?! Then why did she attack the other cop (I should really google his name) for telling her Rick was dead. She obviously went into that affair willingly and seems unhappy with Rick. I don't like her, I hope she gets bitten soon.

3. Some of those zombies were dead dead but without any wounds to the head. Specifically, the one in the truck that the kid stole the weapons from- his head was just fine. How didn't he come back to life?

So much for now. Still a good show. And a great end to the episode, can't wait to see what happens next

1) while it sounds like it's for the guy and son he met in the pilot, it's for you. It's away to catch the viewer up without them watching last season.

3)could be some aren't/weren't zombies but just someone who died. Could be he died from something else and that is just his decomposing body.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    3)could be some aren't/weren't zombies but just someone who died. Could be he died from something else and that is just his decomposing body.
    In the comic regardless of how you died, you came back to life. It is almost like everyone was exposed to something and it causes you to come back to life after death. A bite from a zombie seems to kill you faster THEN you come back to life. So yeah, I thought the same thing about the dead bodies.

I wonder if the black guy/kid he is 'talking' to on the radio will show up again?

As for his wife....well..read the comic.

I know the comic and the show are different and use some of the same elements, but IMO so far the show is no where near as good as the comic.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    In the comic regardless of how you died, you came back to life. It is almost like everyone was exposed to something and it causes you to come back to life after death. A bite from a zombie seems to kill you faster THEN you come back to life. So yeah, I thought the same thing about the dead bodies.

I know the comic and the show are different and use some of the same elements, but IMO so far the show is no where near as good as the comic.
    Figured but then the second statement is why I said that.

Isn't this show still the #1 new series on cable?

Look it doesn't have to be 100% true to the book..(God I hate when it's done like that)

It gives it more depth and prolongs the story

1. Why is he still talking in his radio? Who is he talking too? That guy with a kid from the pilot? Is that guy using the radio all the time? How does he recharge it? Is he in range? Most likely, he is just talking to himself, so why bother?
    Yes he is talking to guy from the pilot episode. If you rewatch the pilot, he tells him when he hands him the other radio that he'll turn on the radio every day at noon and update him on his condition.

I for one am glad it's not exactly like book. If it was, I'd have no reason to watch the show. Also, Kirkman said that several story elements from the book that he later regretted, he would change for the TV series.

I loved the new episode, I think it's one of my favorites so far (not that there are a lot to pick from). After the disappointing final episode of season 1, and all that stuff about the budget and Darabont leaving, I wasn't sure what to expect, but they really did a great job and I'm glad it had such high ratings.

Yes, he's talking to the guy from the pilot. When he left town Rick gave the other radio to him, I don't remember well but I think he told him there were no more batteries so he would turn on the radio only for a while in the mornings, he's been shown talking to the radio in other episodes as well.

3. Some of those zombies were dead dead but without any wounds to the head. Specifically, the one in the truck that the kid stole the weapons from- his head was just fine. How didn't he come back to life?
    Just for dramatic reasons, if you don't see a hole in their heads you don't know if they will attack or not and the scene is more effective.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Quote Originally Posted by krugos View Post
    I loved the new episode, I think it's one of my favorites so far (not that there are a lot to pick from). After the disappointing final episode of season 1, and all that stuff about the budget and Darabont leaving, I wasn't sure what to expect, but they really did a great job and I'm glad it had such high ratings.
    i believe this episode and maybe a couple after it were made before darabont left.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I for one am glad it's not exactly like book. If it was, I'd have no reason to watch the show. Also, Kirkman said that several story elements from the book that he later regretted, he would change for the TV series.
    I agree 100% it shouldn't be exact. But by reading the comic you know that you have no idea what will happen next.

Did he specify what he later regretted? I have a few in mind that I'm assuming he said, but I don't want to throw spoilers out for those that haven't read the books.

i know the comic is still ongoing, but has kirkman stated whether or not he has a definite end to the series? i'm interested in reading the comic, but if it's going to be like a typical superhero book that isn't designed to ever end, i'd rather not get started.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    i believe this episode and maybe a couple after it were made before darabont left.
    Then I hope his leaving didn't affect the production and the rest of the season keeps the same quality.

i know the comic is still ongoing, but has kirkman stated whether or not he has a definite end to the series? i'm interested in reading the comic, but if it's going to be like a typical superhero book that isn't designed to ever end, i'd rather not get started.
    I remember him saying he wants the comic to go on for a long time, for as long as he keeps enjoying writing it. Most likely it won't go on with other writers after him, so it will probably come to an end some day. Still, with no end in sight, the comic is awesome and it's worth giving it a try, after reading for a while you wish it never ends .
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

The other great thing about the comic is because it's popular trades show up pretty quickly and most stores keep their stock up to date. I haven't started reading it yet but just an observation. I know many stores right now are even running specials at least some of the trades.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Did he specify what he later regretted? I have a few in mind that I'm assuming he said, but I don't want to throw spoilers out for those that haven't read the books.
    SPOILERS:

Shane's fate...

Rick's hand...

I forgot where I read it but it was in an interview done earlier this year after the 2nd season started to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The other great thing about the comic is because it's popular trades show up pretty quickly and most stores keep their stock up to date. I haven't started reading it yet but just an observation. I know many stores right now are even running specials at least some of the trades.

They also have been reprinting issues as walking dead weekly since they have so many issues,maybe to bring in new comic readers?
    I thought the season didn't start off too interesting,but after tonights episode seems to be picking up.

Just watched the latest episode last night - I know I'm a little late - and it was awesome. I love this show more and more. I also read Volume 1 of the comic trade and I didn't like what happened at the end there. If Bonehead is right, then I see why Kirkman regretted it.

SPOILERS

I loved the first/last scene of the episode! First of all - HOT!!! Second of all, I love how at first you see that something has happened but you don't realize what it was. And then when the scene repeats at the end you have extra information and realize that Shane has totally lost his human side and is turning into this emotionless, predatory survival machine. It seems a logical path for his character.

*high fives glenn*

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    *high fives glenn*
    Yeah! She's beautiful! I hope this goes on to become something more...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Mmmm, water baloony goodness.

That is all.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

All around awesome guy sirdanimal's Avatar
    I just finished watching the first season on Netflix. Do they keep the same team in season 2? Do they ever find find the crazy redneck who cut his own hand off?
    "You're killing me, Smalls!"
    "I'm on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen!"

It's the same group of people.