Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by sirdanimal View Post
    I just finished watching the first season on Netflix. Do they keep the same team in season 2? Do they ever find find the crazy redneck who cut his own hand off?
    the crazy redneck will appear in the episode airing this weekend, but i don't know if it's because they meet up or if it's a flashback. it could even be both. i've heard there's going to be some time spent exploring his brother's past.

All around awesome guy sirdanimal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    It's the same group of people.
    Score!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    the crazy redneck will appear in the episode airing this weekend, but i don't know if it's because they meet up or if it's a flashback. it could even be both. i've heard there's going to be some time spent exploring his brother's past.
    Interesting.
    "You're killing me, Smalls!"
    "I'm on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen!"

That was amazing!

Darryl continues to be my favorite, so glad he didn't die. He had a few close calls this episode. Andrea is an idiot.

Hate Merle so much. The actor is so good.

And the barn!

I like the I am as real as Chupacabra and having both hands but teased us by taking time to show his hands.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I knew they were finally gonna reveal the barn...sux that we will to wait for the rest of the episodes after a short hiatus until next year,but there probably will be a midseason finale

There is an episode next week then hiatus.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Looks like according to wiki,there will be 2 more episodes then hiatus til feb

I knew it was coming soon, and well my DVR only goes 9 days into the future.

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Andrea is an idiot.
    Agreed. Saw the bad moment coming a mile away, obviously, but during that bit my wife and I were talking about how that character has gone from sympathetic to obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I like the I am as real as Chupacabra and having both hands but teased us by taking time to show his hands.
    Yeah, I kept trying to see his hands all through that first encounter!

I watched one episode. It was on before hell on wheels. I was like eh. I never read the comic so I have nothing to compare it to. the whole episode I was like dude why you do that. that's dumb. don't go there. *sigh*

Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I watched one episode. It was on before hell on wheels. I was like eh. I never read the comic so I have nothing to compare it to. the whole episode I was like dude why you do that. that's dumb. don't go there. *sigh*

you must have watched the well episode. i was rolling my eyes a lot at their decisions on that one too.

normally they are much smarter than that.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I hate hiatus.
    I like the show, but men!... how many stupid decisions they make.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Agreed. Saw the bad moment coming a mile away, obviously, but during that bit my wife and I were talking about how that character has gone from sympathetic to obnoxious.
    Yea, she needs to get eaten any episode now. I can't stand her.

I want Lori to get attacked.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Yea, she needs to get eaten any episode now. I can't stand her.
    COMIC SPOILER!!!!

In the comics there are only like 5 people still alive from those first few books and she is one of them. They off a lot of mainstream characters throughout the books. She might be around for a while.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    how many stupid decisions they make.
    Unfortunately stupid decisions in the real world are not an uncommon occurrence! At least in the show there's a change someone will be punished for their stupidity by being eaten!

Most people when put into extreme stress or life threatening situations start making stupid mistakes, or making decisions that in their mind at the time that they think are smart. This is why most schools and public buildings have a plan in place, and with the schools they practice that plan. That is why events like Columbine and 9/11 are so important they have added other potential events to the planning, you stop saying 'oh, that will never happen' to 'what do we do when?'

This is also why military, fire fighters, police, etc have so much continuous training.

So when you take mostly normal people they are bound to make stupid mistakes. Of course that is part of what the zombie genre (and to a sometimes greater extent general horror) is often dealing with normal people put into extraordinary life threatening situations. It's easier to arm chair critique someone then be in their shoes.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Unfortunately stupid decisions in the real world are not an uncommon occurrence! At least in the show there's a change someone will be punished for their stupidity by being eaten!
    I can see why she did it. It is like hunting a deer or turkey. When that moment comes to pull the trigger you feel the adreniline rush. That's why a lot of people get shot while hunting. Said person gets excited because the hear something and see some movement, but can't fully make out what they are shooting at. Then BLAM! pwn3d.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I can see why she did it. It is like hunting a deer or turkey. When that moment comes to pull the trigger you feel the adreniline rush. That's why a lot of people get shot while hunting. Said person gets excited because the hear something and see some movement, but can't fully make out what they are shooting at. Then BLAM! pwn3d.
    And part of the thing we have to remember, we see the bigger picture she did not. We know what has happened and on with Darryl. If they had gone a slightly more different approach, showing him coming out of the woods her shooting then we get the guys coming in close seeing who it is then the flash back showing how he got to that point we would have just thought she made a mistake in hind sight not sitting at the screen yelling don't do eeeeeet it's Darryl woman stop! And yes while Darryl wasn't back yet, he also left in good condition and on a horse.

Of course the problem with that scenario then is the flash back sequence loses it's sense of urgency since we know he comes out alive. Unlike say the head shaving sequence where, this season has started mostly with flashback sequences from before the show started. For all we knew he was shaving his hair just after zombies start coming out, or something else.

I don't think the guys rushed forward thinking it was a human, they were trying to do it without wasting ammo, alerting more zombies, or ruining the situation they have on the farm since they have already been asked to put away their fire arms.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Can someone who has read the comics please refresh my memory on why Herchel kept them in the barn? Was it religious and he felt bad about killing the undead, or was it he was holding out for a cure??? I think it was one of the two, but I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Can someone who has read the comics please refresh my memory on why Herchel kept them in the barn? Was it religious and he felt bad about killing the undead, or was it he was holding out for a cure??? I think it was one of the two, but I don't remember.
    ***Comic spoilers****
    I read up on the Walking Dead wiki http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Hershel_Greene, it's kind of a mix of both. But mostly he was holding out for the cure.

I only went ahead and read it since they have already made changes that I knew of.
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 16, 2011 at 03:51pm.

To be honest, it would be nice if a lot of the comic potential spoilers were blocked (read: highlight to see) so that those of us who haven't read them won't have things ruined in the future.

I have to keep skimming this thread now because I don't want to read things that might happen. I'd rather read things about what went on with the show and the reactions to seeing it.

Went ahead and did it, like I said it's a weird situation because they are faithful to the comic but still are making their own mark with story and have Kirkman guiding them in doing so.

I do wish the site had a spoiler code, because the color thing is hard to match.
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 16, 2011 at 03:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    you must have watched the well episode. i was rolling my eyes a lot at their decisions on that one too.

normally they are much smarter than that.
    You are correct. Either way I doubt I'll watch it again. Just didn't do it for me.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Not really one of those shows you can judge by watching a random episode in the middle of season 2.