Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reveals. other than Masters Of The Universe

Heroic Warrior

reveals. other than Masters Of The Universe

I liked the Super Power.

The old school Bat Cowl is neat.

Is this only for Mattel reveals?

If not, the Marty McFly by Hot Toys is amazing!

I think this thread is unrelated with MOTUC reveal, just SDCC reveal in general.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I'm pretty excited for the Transformers combiners, Superion and Menasor.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I'm pretty excited for the Transformers combiners, Superion and Menasor.
    Me too! I'm not too impressed with that Optimus Prime though...he's made from Motormaster.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Despite what the title says or doesn't say my intent was to talk about the non master stuff from mattel.

But now that I think about it why limit to just Mattel non master stuff?

Chat away.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    I agree. That was pretty sweet!

Also, can't wait to see the Star Wars Black 6" reveals later today.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; July 25, 2014 at 10:28am.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Loved the stuff Mattel showed for WWE yesterday, they've hit pretty much all the big names now.

Snappy Threader
    Love the WWE Sting figure....Marty McFly is cool waaaay cool.....and the Marvel Legends with BAF Odin look real good too.

Lizzie Hearts from Everafter high, and is that a 6 inch comic Star Lord I see?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Is this only for Mattel reveals?

This!

I have never previously purchased a Hot Toys figure or item, but this is going to be a MUST BUY for me! I'm a huge BTTF fan (they are pretty much my all time favorite movies), and I cannot pass this up!

The Delorean looks amazing, too! I know it will be expensive as hell, but I must have them! Luckily there are flex-pay options for Hot Toys. I'll definitely use that for the car.

I'm sure Doc will soon follow, and in the long run they will likely do various iterations of Doc and Marty.

The "major" versions (IMO) would be...

From Part I:
    -"old" 1985 Doc from the first movie in the white radiation suit.
    -"young" 1955 Doc from the first movie (and he HAS to come with that mind reading helmet!)

From Part II:
    -Doc in his futuristic yellow jacket and silver shades, etc (as seen at the end of I and beginning of II)
    -Marty in his 2015 clothes with hoverboard, almanac, Nike bag, etc.
    -Marty in his 1955 "disguise" clothes. He should come with the "Oo La La" magazine with the Almanac cover over it.

From Part III:
    -Doc in his 1885 clothes (as seen in the movie and on the poster)
    -Marty in his 1885 clothes (also as seen in the movie and on the poster)
    -If they could get the rights to use Mary Steenburgen's likeness, I wouldn't mind a Clara figure in the purple dress that she wears at the end of the movie. With the aforementioned versions of Doc and Marty, the pose from the Part III poster could be recreated with them.

"Less important" (IMO) versions that could also be made (but I'm not sure that I would shell the money out for):

From Part I:
    Marty in the clothes (i.e. purple shirt, etc.) he wears in 1955.
    Marty in the suit from the Enchantment under the Sea Dance in '55.
    Marty in the yellow Radiation suit.

From Part III:
    Marty in the "goofy" cowboy outfit that 1955 Doc has him wear (with the hat that Seamus gives him).

Beyond that, I'm not sure what else they can make. I doubt we will ever see figures of Biff or George McFly. Tom Wilson and Crispin Glover most likely won't allow their likenesses to be used.

Maybe they can get Casey Siemaszko's likeness rights and make a figure of Biff's friend/goon from 1955 with the 3D glasses.

As for the Delorean, I personally hope that they try to cover all of the "variants" of the car in one shot, since they are relatively minor. Give it swappable parts to either have the plutonium chamber or Mr Fusion, have the optional tube-time-circuits that are strapped to the hood in Part III, let the wheels flip under for hover mode, and give it swappable wheels to cover the various versions (the standard wheels/tires from the first two movies, the new tires at the start of Part III, and the rail road wheels from the end of Part III). This could go either way. Hot Toys does seem to be good about giving each figure/item a lot of swappable parts like hands and such. And for vehicles, they only seem to do different versions where it can't be covered in one shot (i.e. the Tumbler Batmobile from the Dark Knight films, both in black and camouflage looks), but you never know. They may try to squeeze that for all it is worth.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Me too! I'm not too impressed with that Optimus Prime though...he's made from Motormaster.
    I was thoroughly unimpressed with that Optimus. He was going to be the first OP that I didn't actively seek out.....ever. As Motormaster, I actually dig the mold. It's the darndest thing. I don't get it, but I am as excited about MM as I was disappointed with OP.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Mattel is doing more monster High wave 1 reissues next year- a 6-pack of Ghoulia, Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Lagoona and Ghoulia. Looks like no pets, no purses, no diaries, no brushes, and possibly no stands. "Online only" exclusive, which doesn't explain how- Mattel direct, Matty Collector, sold only through Amazon and such? They will also sell 4 of them for $15 each, but Lagoona and Ghoulia will be exclusive to the set.

I can live without the pets or purses, diaries and brushes are useless to me, but I hope it comes with stands. I know 3 of them got reissues and can still be had on Amazon, BUT to order all 3 would be $70 minimum right now(Clawdeen and Frankie are still at $20 but Draculaura is being scalped), so getting all 6 for $80 is fine by me, provided they are actually easy to find online for that price. And is that $80 shipped or $80 plus postage? Really hoping Amazon gets these so they can go for free shipping...

I almost ordered reissue Clawdeen this week, but passed as I want that money for other things. After seeing this I'm mostly glad I didn't, but time will tell how this release pans out. I'll be somewhat annoyed if they don't include stands, as it would be an extra expense to get even cheap generic stands, but $80 for all 6 first wave dolls isn't too bad. I just hope they consider more reissues- I'm sure the original Holt would sell well. I suppose Deuce did have the GA version is is mostly the same, if you can still get it. Some stuff like the pack with Howleen or the werecat twins can be had cheap on Amazon, but Toralei and Nefera would benefit since their prices have gone up.

My daughter is chomping at the bit for Monster High/Ever After High reveals. Is there a good place to find those? I can hook her up with Transformers/He-Man/GI Joe reveals all day long, but she seems less than interested in those...weird. Anyway, is there a good site with nice pictures of the whole thing and news?

I wish mattel would give up the ghostbuster license, but really, no one else would be any better at it. sigh. pack should have been announced this year
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I'm looking forward to:

Batman Animated wave 3 & 4

The Twilight Zone 3' 3/4" wave 2 (hoping they do colour versions)

Lego Green Lantern, Sinestro & Smaug the Dragon

Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch (at last, a replacement for that awful Toybiz one!)

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I wish mattel would give up the ghostbuster license, but really, no one else would be any better at it. sigh. pack should have been announced this year
    It's sad they wasted the Real Ghostbusters stuff, and have rehashed the movies over and over.

But I agree- Hasbro would have done the same, maybe less. Hasbro would never have done a RA Janine figure. Playmates really would've not bothered without a current cartoon. Neca would've focused on the movies and done worse than Mattel.

The NECA 8 bit Batman. I know he looks weird, but there is the hope that they can release him in a regular version some day.

Got excited about the Real Ghostbusters line, I've been chomping at the bit for them.

And of course, the transformers combiners.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Generations Arcee. Finally a proper G1 Arcee figure!

SDCC-2014-Transformers-Generations-031_1406165374.jpg
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Mattel is doing more monster High wave 1 reissues next year- a 6-pack of Ghoulia, Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Lagoona and Ghoulia. Looks like no pets, no purses, no diaries, no brushes, and possibly no stands. "Online only" exclusive, which doesn't explain how- Mattel direct, Matty Collector, sold only through Amazon and such? They will also sell 4 of them for $15 each, but Lagoona and Ghoulia will be exclusive to the set.

I can live without the pets or purses, diaries and brushes are useless to me, but I hope it comes with stands. I know 3 of them got reissues and can still be had on Amazon, BUT to order all 3 would be $70 minimum right now(Clawdeen and Frankie are still at $20 but Draculaura is being scalped), so getting all 6 for $80 is fine by me, provided they are actually easy to find online for that price. And is that $80 shipped or $80 plus postage? Really hoping Amazon gets these so they can go for free shipping...

I almost ordered reissue Clawdeen this week, but passed as I want that money for other things. After seeing this I'm mostly glad I didn't, but time will tell how this release pans out. I'll be somewhat annoyed if they don't include stands, as it would be an extra expense to get even cheap generic stands, but $80 for all 6 first wave dolls isn't too bad. I just hope they consider more reissues- I'm sure the original Holt would sell well. I suppose Deuce did have the GA version is is mostly the same, if you can still get it. Some stuff like the pack with Howleen or the werecat twins can be had cheap on Amazon, but Toralei and Nefera would benefit since their prices have gone up.
    The announcement went just like that, not sure what the reason behind making Ghoulia and Lagoona only in the full pack since Drac, Frankie and Clawdeen have had a rerelease. I guess to force people to buy the whole set. I want Ghoulia and Cleo, have Dra, Frankie and Clawdeen, and Lagoona's a pass (unless I was buying the whole pack). Maybe I can work something out.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    Loved the stuff Mattel showed for WWE yesterday, they've hit pretty much all the big names now.
    Oh man oh man...I need that Hulk Hogan figure. Sting's too!
    I'm pretty excited for the Marvel Legends and also TMNT Classics Shredder and Krang.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Anything about Amok Time Toys Re-Animator figurines? I've ordered both and wondering if they released any new pics of what the final will look like?
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Anvos Darth Vader. A shame it wasn't $1500 over 2020
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Playmates TMNT Classics Shredder & Krang with android body, hope to get it someday.

Mattel's Super Powers Kalibak, Mr Mxyzptlk & Acertijo in blister are beautiful, but I not know if I may be able to get them specially since they are released on the same month as the Battle Ram

Hot Toys Marty McFly and DeLorean are something glorious. HT Batman Returns and DKR Gordon are beautiful as well.

Best of all is Mezco Dark Knight Returns Mego style figure. Head sculpt is outstanding and love all the accessories from comics that it has
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    It's sad they wasted the Real Ghostbusters stuff, and have rehashed the movies over and over.

But I agree- Hasbro would have done the same, maybe less. Hasbro would never have done a RA Janine figure. Playmates really would've not bothered without a current cartoon. Neca would've focused on the movies and done worse than Mattel.
    I don't know if you caught the announcement, but Mattel is going to be doing a RGB line in 2015. Nothing other than that, except I think it's 6". I'm super excited, hopefully they do it right! It could be the next MOTUC if they do.

I'm also excited for the 8-bit Batman, not because I actually want that version, but because it gives some hope to him actually being released in movie deco in that scale.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage