Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

Hybrid View

Marvel Universe / Iron Man / Avengers / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

I thought it might be nice to have an all-purpose thread for Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / etc. figures.

Got Marvel Universe Wave 8 from Hasbro Toy Shop today. I have to say Hasbro really are hitting it out of the park for the most part. There are still some minor disappointments (Kitty and Havok really should have had molded belts) for the most part it's pretty amazing.

CLICK FOR LARGER

I love Archangel. he's such a cool character and his wings are perfect.

Colossus is great, although I do wish they'd start extending the outfit details all the way down. He does have a bit of a gap like Nightcrawler had. Still, maybe it's necessary for the range of motion at the joint. I actually really like Kitty and appreciate her sculpt and the face she doesn't have a generic superheroine face but something more true to the character.

I like this Havok outfit and he looks pretty cool. Again, the only drawback is the belt. At least the energy funnel makes more sense for him than it does Iron Man. I wish the energy effects attached more like the IM2 figures though.

CLICK FOR LARGER

The AIM soldiers are the first army builder figures I bought more than one of. They just look SO cool. The thing I love about MU is all these requested figures we've been getting. The weapons are cool as well.

And then... Juggernaut. I had the ML of this and sold it a year or so back on Ebay. I actually think the MU is better in some ways! I love the bulk, the scuffed paint marks on his helmet and his articulation. An all-around great figure. Plus, he looks cool battling Hulkbuster Iron Man!

Heroic Warrior
    This rocks!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    wow! great pictures. I never liked these figures in this scale.. But you made 'em look amazing! I'll keep checking this thread for your pictures!

Is there a checklist of everything avalible in this scale for Marvel Universe/Iron Man etc??

Great pics, I have a few and been meaning to get back into this line.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Marvel Universe has been hit and miss for me so far, but i'm EATING the Iron Man figures! I already have a ton of pics on a thread at Joebattlelines, but here's some faves:

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I do have some other photos I've taken of previous figures. I'll post those below.

As or a checklist, ComicFigs.net has the closest thing I know of. It's not really a checklist but you can see every release! They even have some variants that aren't widely available yet.

http://comicfigs.net/Universe/Marvel.htm

Pictures:
    Neo-Classic Iron Man

Hulk VS Hulkbuster Iron Man (CLick for larger)

Spider-man and His Amazing Friends Set

Alexx- Though I like the MU figures, I agree the Iron Man 2 figures are something REALLY special.

Bah, everyone is finding the new wave of Iron Man figures but me! Been scouring the stores for these guys, but everyone is CHOCK FULL of the first wave!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Awesome pics guys!! I think i might just look for some of these figures next time!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Cool, Jon. I love the MU line and the other 3 3/4" lines. I got my wave eight a couple of weeks ago. My only complaint from that line is that I wish they would have included his Death mask from Horsemen days. But other than that, the line was awesome. I love the Juggernaut figure!

What, Alexx?! The Crimson Dynamo gets no love from you?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Cool, Jon. I love the MU line and the other 3 3/4" lines. I got my wave eight a couple of weeks ago. My only complaint from that line is that I wish they would have included his Death mask from Horsemen days. But other than that, the line was awesome. I love the Juggernaut figure!

there is a variant floating around that has that face....
    good luck finding it.... or any of these new MU guys at retail.... ugh
    all the stores near me still have the human torch wave on the shelves...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I only took some of my favorites from this thread! The Dynamo is on the first page, and he's one of my favorites from that line! I just didn't get as many good shots of him at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Bah, everyone is finding the new wave of Iron Man figures but me! Been scouring the stores for these guys, but everyone is CHOCK FULL of the first wave!
    I've had to get MU Wave 7, 8 and part of 6 all at Hasbro Toy Shop. Same with Wave 2 of Iron Man 2 figures! Hopefully these will start showing up in stronger force soon.

The Death Archangel looks very cool. I hope he doesn't end up like the transparent Vision and Blonde Black Widow as a variant we never actually see in stores! A lot of them never seem to have made it to retail yet.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    love the comics and action scenes, Alexx.. and love your other photos, Jon-Wes!

Marvel Universe (and other 3.3/4 Marvel figures)

Hey gang
    As most of you know, I live in the frozen north, in cold, distant Sweden. And over here, we don't really get many action figures in stores. Sure, they do the big movie lines, and Star Wars is perennially present, but for the smaller stuff we're out of luck.

Now, I am a huge fan of the 3.75 inch format for action figures. The Marvel universe of comics is another. So I've recently started peeking at the Marvel Universe toyline, naturally. We don't get these in stores at all, so I haven't ever seen any in person, only watched the odd review on the internet. However, I'm curious and tempted. I love the wide assortment of characters and the different costumes for each. And they look reasonably affordable.

The only iterations I saw of these locally are the Spider-Man and Wolverine movie figures (last year) and those had very limited character range. Lots and lots of Spider-Man and Wolverine variants.

Does anyone in the community collect these and can tell me their opinion? Worth it or not? What figures are good and bad so far? If I get into them I'll have to get them off eBay, which kind of sucks, but...

Anyway, discussion and any help welcome.

Mrs. SOB started to collect the new line of GI Joe and loves them. I decided to get back into collecting figures (It's been over 2 years since I was collecting classic MOTU), and I jumped into Marvel Universe. I'd been coveting these forever, always oogling them in the store. So a couple of weeks ago, I bought some when she bought some Joes.

I got Spider-man, Dr. Doom, Absorbing Man, Captain America, an AIM Agent, Thor and the Enchantress. I'm totally into them. The big guys (Hulks, etc) are impossible to find in the stores, so I ordered a Juggernaut online. And he's easilly my favorite character. He's such a GREAT figure. I want a Hulk and Red Hulk, but I'm worried now, because they aren't nearly as articulated as Juggy, so I hope I'll like them as much.

One downfall, however is that I'm 2 years behind, with, like... 8 waves a year! There are so many I don't have and alot seem hard to get so I've found myself at the mercy of eBay and the sellers. Some I'd love to have (and I don't collect and keep them on card and pack them away to get valuable, I take them out and play with them) are about $30!

High on my Christmas List is the 19" Galactus w/ Silver Surfer. He looks very pimp. I also want to get a hold of Sabertooth and Deadpool (comic versions) from the Wolverine Origin line. But those are more that are REALLY expensive. The Blob/Sabertooth 2-pack was in the clearance aisle at the Wal-mart I work at for about a year and a half for $9. Now it's gone and it's one of those $30 - $40 packs online. The Deadpool w/ a giant gun pack is still there for $9, and I plan on getting that soon, so I'll have DP in my set.

Another non-MU toy (but fits in) that I'd like to add is the Hulk-buster Iron Man from the Iron Man 2 line.

It sucks, I got into these 4 days after I posted my secret santa wishlist, or else my Wishlist would just say MARVEL UNIVERSE!!
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    Mrs. SOB started to collect the new line of GI Joe and loves them...and I jumped into Marvel Universe.
    You guys are the opposite of my wife and I. She is more into comic book action figures and I am more into GI*JOE. But she collects the old Toy Biz (pre-Marvel Legends) figures. They're not the most detailed figures but what she likes about that old line is that there are so many characters that got released, especially from X-Men.

I have thought about getting into this line but I just can't work it into the budget. If I start collecting at all I will just be cherry picking. I really liked the Wolverine that came with Human Torch in that Secret Wars 2-Pack. That figure almost got me into it.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Marvel Universe Wasp Question

Does anyone have the little Wasp figure that came with the Dr. Doom/Absorbing Man 2-pack? If so, how do you display her? It would be nice if she came with some sort of base. Usually I kinda set her straddling Cap's shield. Looking for good suggestions for when I finally get a display case for my Marvel Universe figures.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

I do, but I don't have these figures on display. If I were going to, I'd prbably glue her to the shoulder of another finger.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got mine on the floor of one of the swivel cannon turrets of my Cobra Terrordrome. It won't display...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Can you just hang her up using fishing line?
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Heroic Warrior

Marvel universe 3.75

Ok, I may be late to the party, but these are quickly becoming my favorite toys in years... Does anyone know if there's a forum set up somewhere they THOSE fans hang out/trade/sell? Doesn't look like the 'other discussion' forum here gets much traffic

There's a podcast called Marvelicious Toys (insightful, but annoying). They have forums I believe. Feel free to peruse my BST link in the sig!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I think my Stark Racing Armor Iron Man has two left legs. And somebody else has warped fingers. It's a good thing I'm mostly only buying them for all the extras they come with because it seems like there's a lot of issues with these.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior
    Mmmm... not really the thread I was looking for, but I guess it'll do in a pinch.

I was actually wondering if there is some sort of 'he-man.org' or 'Mattycollector.com' sites that is designed primarily for Marvel universe 3.75?

This is a fun place to hang out for he-man news... but come SDCC it seems we only get the pictures and news for MOTUC... Was wondering if anyone knew where the pictures for THESE tend to end up