Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

Marvel Universe / Iron Man / Avengers / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

I thought it might be nice to have an all-purpose thread for Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / etc. figures.

Got Marvel Universe Wave 8 from Hasbro Toy Shop today. I have to say Hasbro really are hitting it out of the park for the most part. There are still some minor disappointments (Kitty and Havok really should have had molded belts) for the most part it's pretty amazing.

CLICK FOR LARGER

I love Archangel. he's such a cool character and his wings are perfect.

Colossus is great, although I do wish they'd start extending the outfit details all the way down. He does have a bit of a gap like Nightcrawler had. Still, maybe it's necessary for the range of motion at the joint. I actually really like Kitty and appreciate her sculpt and the face she doesn't have a generic superheroine face but something more true to the character.

I like this Havok outfit and he looks pretty cool. Again, the only drawback is the belt. At least the energy funnel makes more sense for him than it does Iron Man. I wish the energy effects attached more like the IM2 figures though.

CLICK FOR LARGER

The AIM soldiers are the first army builder figures I bought more than one of. They just look SO cool. The thing I love about MU is all these requested figures we've been getting. The weapons are cool as well.

And then... Juggernaut. I had the ML of this and sold it a year or so back on Ebay. I actually think the MU is better in some ways! I love the bulk, the scuffed paint marks on his helmet and his articulation. An all-around great figure. Plus, he looks cool battling Hulkbuster Iron Man!

Heroic Warrior
    This rocks!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    wow! great pictures. I never liked these figures in this scale.. But you made 'em look amazing! I'll keep checking this thread for your pictures!

Is there a checklist of everything avalible in this scale for Marvel Universe/Iron Man etc??

Great pics, I have a few and been meaning to get back into this line.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Marvel Universe has been hit and miss for me so far, but i'm EATING the Iron Man figures! I already have a ton of pics on a thread at Joebattlelines, but here's some faves:

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I do have some other photos I've taken of previous figures. I'll post those below.

As or a checklist, ComicFigs.net has the closest thing I know of. It's not really a checklist but you can see every release! They even have some variants that aren't widely available yet.

http://comicfigs.net/Universe/Marvel.htm

Pictures:
    Neo-Classic Iron Man

Hulk VS Hulkbuster Iron Man (CLick for larger)

Spider-man and His Amazing Friends Set

Alexx- Though I like the MU figures, I agree the Iron Man 2 figures are something REALLY special.

Bah, everyone is finding the new wave of Iron Man figures but me! Been scouring the stores for these guys, but everyone is CHOCK FULL of the first wave!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Awesome pics guys!! I think i might just look for some of these figures next time!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Cool, Jon. I love the MU line and the other 3 3/4" lines. I got my wave eight a couple of weeks ago. My only complaint from that line is that I wish they would have included his Death mask from Horsemen days. But other than that, the line was awesome. I love the Juggernaut figure!

What, Alexx?! The Crimson Dynamo gets no love from you?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Cool, Jon. I love the MU line and the other 3 3/4" lines. I got my wave eight a couple of weeks ago. My only complaint from that line is that I wish they would have included his Death mask from Horsemen days. But other than that, the line was awesome. I love the Juggernaut figure!

there is a variant floating around that has that face....
    good luck finding it.... or any of these new MU guys at retail.... ugh
    all the stores near me still have the human torch wave on the shelves...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I only took some of my favorites from this thread! The Dynamo is on the first page, and he's one of my favorites from that line! I just didn't get as many good shots of him at the time.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    there is a variant floating around that has that face....
    good luck finding it.... or any of these new MU guys at retail.... ugh
    all the stores near me still have the human torch wave on the shelves...
    Hmmm...I didn't see that Arkangel variant offered on the BBTS website. I just buy these directly from there or the Hasbro Toystore website. I don't bother with retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I only took some of my favorites from this thread! The Dynamo is on the first page, and he's one of my favorites from that line! I just didn't get as many good shots of him at the time.
    'Bout time! Crimson Dynamo is the only comic book villain to get to the Iron Man 3 3/4" line. He needs his props, comrade! Da, tovarisch?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Bah, everyone is finding the new wave of Iron Man figures but me! Been scouring the stores for these guys, but everyone is CHOCK FULL of the first wave!
    I've had to get MU Wave 7, 8 and part of 6 all at Hasbro Toy Shop. Same with Wave 2 of Iron Man 2 figures! Hopefully these will start showing up in stronger force soon.

The Death Archangel looks very cool. I hope he doesn't end up like the transparent Vision and Blonde Black Widow as a variant we never actually see in stores! A lot of them never seem to have made it to retail yet.

love the comics and action scenes, Alexx.. and love your other photos, Jon-Wes!

Found the new stuff, finally!

LOVE Hulkbuster, but I just wish he wasn't smaller than the movie Monger:

Otherwise, another favorite is the Guardsman:

Kinda funny that this guy is armored, 'cause it looks like a painted muscleman! They even invented some new muscles for this back:

Beyond all that though, he's well articulated and a blast to play with!

budda-bup-ba-da

I'm Lovin' It.

I love the MU figures so much! They're just too expensive for me, or I'd totally collect them. Is the Deadpool with the giant gun from the Wolverine Movie line the only 3.75 Deadpool that's come out? While I'd love to buy the full set of these, Deadpool's one I might buy if I could only have one.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    I love the MU figures so much! They're just too expensive for me, or I'd totally collect them. Is the Deadpool with the giant gun from the Wolverine Movie line the only 3.75 Deadpool that's come out? While I'd love to buy the full set of these, Deadpool's one I might buy if I could only have one.
    There are two Deadpools: The one you mentioned, and a single packed one in the same Wolverine line. I like the single packed one much more, though they both have merrits. My big problemwith the giant gun version is that his head doesn't look up at all, and he's regulated to just looking down at his feet. I cut some plastic off the inside of his neck hole, so it's gotten a little better. Overall, though, I think the single pack one just poses better.

Here, I'll show ya: the only difference is that the single packed one has the top part of his harness cut off, because I didn't like his chunky sword sheaths.

So, as Deadpool stated, both figures come with crap, pretty much. The Single Pack version can at least hold his big gun, but the pistol and swords fall out of his hands. The sai can be held...but it's gigantic, for some reason. The other one doesn't look as good to me, and the swords were warped as heck. He could at least hold them, though. Either way, both are improved greatly with G.I. Joe weapons.

Court Magician sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    I've almost given up on these....the last 'new' figure I found was Extremis Iron Man and that was 2 months ago. I can't find these anywhere in KY. Every store I go to has nothing but old figures or nothing at all in stock...I love hunting for figures but consistently finding nothing is killing these for me.

http://kittyspryde.forumotion.com/su...swers-t438.htm Latest Marvel Q and A answers from Kitty's Pryde
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

HD figures on youtube
    Guys!!!! These pics are amazing! Great job to all. Found Juggy & Kitty tonight, sadly no cash on me, so I stashed them ha. Hopefully they will still be there friday.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    Guys!!!! These pics are amazing! Great job to all. Found Juggy & Kitty tonight, sadly no cash on me, so I stashed them ha. Hopefully they will still be there friday.
    I hope they are still there for you. As you might have guessed, I really want to find a Kitty Pryde myself
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    I hope they are still there for you. As you might have guessed, I really want to find a Kitty Pryde myself
    She's been my favorite X-Woman for years. Gotta love Kitty!

For anyone who likes this type of video, here's my wal-mart toy run for marvel figures. Go to two Wal-marts, show the stock, then at the end reveal everything I picked up when I get home. Pretty big haul!

Reviews of everything coming up, and in better quality.
    Last edited by BCreviews4628; July 1, 2010 at 12:44pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think I like big-head Deadpool better.! But I'm not collecting this line.. but am enjoying the pictures!

HD figures on youtube
    WOW, guys, if any of you are on the fence about getting the movie series War Machine, let me just say the figure is fantastic! I LOVE this guy!.