Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

I picked up the Spiderman Venom and Carnage. I already bought a Venom for my son a while ago but he lost the head. This time it is the version with the tongue. Venom would be perfect if Hasbro gave him knees, WTH?

Carnage is awesome. I am a sucker for Carnage because I was actually reading the comics as he was revealed as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Well then keep your eyes open for the upcoming Deadpool and Taskmaster comic pack! Hard to tell from that pic, but it looks like it'll be the best one yet.
    As much of a sucker I am for Carnage, I am moreso for Deadpool. This new one looks to be based off the Xmen Origins: Wolverine version except with different webgear. I can see a few Skeletor customs coming out of that Taskmaster.

I don't mind the Wolverine pack. Thats a cool looking Silver Samurai and the Wolverine looks ok, I just hope the paint apps look like what they are intended to be. Thats how I always thought Wolverine looked because the first Wolverine issue I ever read was #33 and I didn't even know he was an X-Man and had a costume. I wonder what sculpt it is., MU or XO:W?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I just wish I could find the most recent waves in stores! It's like the Vision/Jean Grey wave all over again. I've not seen Thanos or his wave nor the Mandarin and his wave in stores. EVER. And we never have gotten the promised restocks of the Vision wave nearly a year later.
    Wave 12 was all over the place during Christmas, with Iron Man's current armor pegwarming with the other comic Iron Men. Now that wave is rare.

I haven't seen the Mandarin at retail EVER. If it wasn't for the internet, I wouldn't have known he'd have come out at all.

I have seen a new revision case on the pegs at TRU. Warpath in Thunderbird colors, Ghost Rider, Daredevil in darker colors, Red Hulk, Ultimate Cap, Ms. Mavel repainted to look like Dark Ms. Marvel. Anything else supposed to be with this assortment that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Is the movie Black Widow ever going to hit? Hasbro has had horrible distribution with this line and even worse case packs.
    Yeah...I've been waiting for movie ScarJo forever....

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The Thor figures are in-store, however are street dated March 1st. It's a big ol' box o' Thors and one Loki and one... oh snap, don't remember, Frost Giant, maybe? Ugh, I do not get why anyone wants twenty versions of the same character!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well then keep your eyes open for the upcoming Deadpool and Taskmaster comic pack! Hard to tell from that pic, but it looks like it'll be the best one yet.
    Yup, I already pre-ordered those comic 2-packs. That's one step closer with Silver Samurai for my video game characters (I need Omega Red, Spiral, Shuma Gorath and Blackheart). Plus I already pre-ordered the next wave of MU figures with Gladiator, Apocalypse and Jim Lee Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I haven't seen the Mandarin at retail EVER. If it wasn't for the internet, I wouldn't have known he'd have come out at all...
    Yeah, me neither and I really want that Mandarin.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; February 7, 2011 at 05:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Wow, there is a Mandarin? I need to see a pic

Here ya go, there's the Mandarin. There's probably a better pic somewhere, but that's when he was first shown at SDCC. Haven't seen much new Iron Man for awhile now, so I really REALLY hope I don't miss him and the comic Whiplash, there. I've never had a Mandarin figure, and I really like that look for 'em, so I don't want to miss him.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Thanks, he looks pretty cool. Unfortunately, I will not be getting this version at retail because the pegs are clogged with Iron Men and they are already on sale so I doubt I will be seeing any new waves.

On a related note, there will be an X-Force Archangel mail away figure for signing up to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited but it is only available to US and Canada residents. I have started a thread in the marketplace asking for someone to volunteer to get one for me. If someone here is interested in helping me out I will pay for everything and the person will get the Marvel digital comics.
    Last edited by TheFallen; February 8, 2011 at 08:59am.

News on new Marvel figures from Toy Fair! I'm still mad I never had a chance to get Thanos and the IM Mandarin, but hopefully these will be more plentifully available soon. There's a lot of cool stuff coming up. Lots of news here: http://marvelousnews.com/

My favorite stuff coming up:

Jim Lee Cyclops
    Apocalypse
    Fantastic Three set (a Future Foundation variant set would be neat)
    Classic Avengers box set
    Darkhawk
    Commander Rogers
    Modern Ultron

I also heard there'd be a Thanos/Warlock 2-pack and Rocket Raccoon (from Guardians of the Galaxy)

The Thor line doesn't look too bad, but I doubt I'll be getting any of the movie stuff (getting the Hot Toys Thor, though) except the Destroyer. If they release a comic series i'll be all over that though. None is planned at the moment.

I'll probably skip the Cap figure except maybe US Agent and Captain Britain. If there are other cool comic figures I might snap them up. The Iron Man seems mostly focused on variants I have no interest in and 6'' figures... and I've pretty much abandoned that scale.

EDIT: Full rundown from TheFwoosh. I REALLY hope Rocket Raccoon is from an SDCC box set of the GOTG!

Team Packs

We know about the New X-Men team pack. It features Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Thunderbird. There will be a VARIANT pack with “bamfing” Nightcrawler, alternate deco Storm and alternate deco Colossus.

Fantastic Four Three: Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Thing, and H.E.R.B.I.E. the robot in their modern blue costumes with short sleeves. :/

Avengers: The original team with golden Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and tiny Wasp and Ant-Man w/ride-able ant!

X-Force: Featuring X-Force repaints of Wolverine, Deadpool, and Warpath.

Regular Carded Waves

Wave 4

Steve Rogers (current look)
    X-23
    Darkhawk (with paint variant)
    Namor in trunks (new tool)
    Ultron – modern look
    Wave 5

Dr. Strange (with Astral Form variant)
    Falcon (modern look, w/Redwing)
    Skaar
    Dr. Doom (new tool)
    Scarlet Spider (the sweatshirt version)
    Two Packs

Silver Samurai & Wolverine
    Taskmaster & Deadpool
    Spider-Man & Captain Britain (original 1970′s look!)
    Quicksilver (blue costume) & Wonder Man (Black t-shirt version)
    Power Man & Iron Fist (classic versions of both)
    Thanos & Adam Warlock (Adam is wearing the Infinity Gauntlet)
    Cyclops and Marvel Girl (COMIC First Class versions – not the movie versions)
    Rocket Raccoon w/Groot

They aren’t ready to say how he is coming out (whether he’s single card figure, pack-in, etc.) but he is scaled for MU and should be appropriately small. Groot will be smaller than R.R.
    Last edited by JonWes; February 12, 2011 at 07:41pm.

I like the new stuff revealed but not wowed by it.

I will certainly be picking up Crossbones from the Cap line above all else. I will also grab the US Agent. I wonder if there would be any chance to get a 90's Nomad in the Cap line?

As for the Thor line, nothing really appeals to me. I might pick up the Destroyer but thats about it. As JonWes said, I hope they release a comic line and I can't see why they wouldn't as they have done it for all of their Movie lines so far.

As for the main MU line, the Dr. Strange is a must buy and the rest I will pick up when I preorder on BBTS.
    I most intrigued by the Thanos/Adam Warlock 2 pack. The Infinity Gauntlet tpb was my introduction to these characters and I think Adam will look great especially seing as though he comes with the Infinity Gauntlet.

X-23

Ultron

Steve Rogers

Skaar

Scarlet Spider

Darkhawk

Dr. Strange

Falcon

Dr. Doom

Namor

I'll definitely get Dr. Strange and Falcon as well as the previously announced Power man and Iron Fist set. I really wish they'd do a classic Invisible Woman, though. The FF lineup is sorely lacking!

I'm very happy right now.

Thanos is the only figure I'm really sorely missing right now. Apart from Galactus, which I'm screwed for because it's electronic.

EDIT: Less happy now as it turned out Ghost Rider's arm was broken in the packaging.
    Last edited by Sandman; March 15, 2011 at 10:18pm.

Here are some pics of some of my Marvel Action Figures;

HD figures on youtube
    Found the new wave. Here is a look at Apocalypse & Cable. BTW you can change it to 480p.

I'll have Cyclops up tonight.

My BBTS PoL came in. I ended up with the variant Archangel and Havok. I already have them and was hoping I would get the regular editions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    My BBTS PoL came in. I ended up with the variant Archangel and Havok. I already have them and was hoping I would get the regular editions.
    Yeah, I don't get them. I opened like seven cases of this assortment and only one box had the regular versions and the rest had the variants! Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got the new comic 2-packs a few days ago and...wow! Every MU fan needs to get the Deadpool/Taskmaster 2-pack. It is simply great with tons of accessories. The other 2-pack I got simply for Silver Samurai (which is awesome) but I didn't need another Wolverine variant (Madripoor Wolverine...bleech!)
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I got the new comic 2-packs a few days ago and...wow! Every MU fan needs to get the Deadpool/Taskmaster 2-pack. It is simply great with tons of accessories. The other 2-pack I got simply for Silver Samurai (which is awesome) but I didn't need another Wolverine variant (Madripoor Wolverine...bleech!)
    Hey, where did you find those? Didn't know they were out yet! I'm really looking forward to the Deadpool pack (and I'll admit I want that other one for Silver Samurai as well). Good to know you rate them so highly!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hey, where did you find those? Didn't know they were out yet! I'm really looking forward to the Deadpool pack (and I'll admit I want that other one for Silver Samurai as well). Good to know you rate them so highly!
    I pre-ordered them through smalljoes.com, Dis-Alexxia. I got them and the new Apocalypse wave last week. I really liked the Jim Lee Cyclops (Optic Wave!) and Gladiator (I hope the Sh'iar Guard can't be too far behind). But I was really suprised by 1st appearance Wolverine. I wasn't expecting to like yet another Wolverine variant but he's actually in scale with the rest so he's shorter. Cable was pretty good but I took the dumb baby accessory off of him. Apocalypse, although a great looking figure, came really loose out of the card. So much so that he doesn't stand well even on the supplied stand. A bit disappointed in that...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 4, 2011 at 05:10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I got those too, although I only wanted the villains in each set. I gave my Deadpool and Wolverine to a friend of mine. Deadpool, though, IS a fantastic figure. Very eye-catching and well-made. I think this line may have gotten over the hiccups that plagued it to begin with, bad paint and quality issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I got those too, although I only wanted the villains in each set. I gave my Deadpool and Wolverine to a friend of mine. Deadpool, though, IS a fantastic figure. Very eye-catching and well-made.
    Hmm, well, Deadpool will always be a villain to me. I've always hated the bad guy who turns good angle. They lose their edge when they do that. But I do agree, he does look great.

HD figures on youtube
    I think this line may have gotten over the hiccups that plagued it to begin with, bad paint and quality issues.
    I'm still seeing it. My cyclops has a blue smudge on the side of his nose.

I'm just jealous anyone is finding new figures at all. I haven't seen any new figures here since Christmas.

I did break down and order the last Iron Man 2 Comic Wave that included the Mandarin/Maskless War Machine / Comic Whiplash and Ultimate Iron Man from BBTS. The price was inflated, but not horrible. Maybe I should just forget trying to get MU figures at reasonable prices at retail. All they have around here are Doc Samson and various versions of Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm just jealous anyone is finding new figures at all. I haven't seen any new figures here since Christmas.

I did break down and order the last Iron Man 2 Comic Wave that included the Mandarin/Maskless War Machine / Comic Whiplash and Ultimate Iron Man from BBTS. The price was inflated, but not horrible. Maybe I should just forget trying to get MU figures at reasonable prices at retail. All they have around here are Doc Samson and various versions of Iron Man.
    Yeah, I gave up finding any MU figures at retail. I'm pre-ordering all my stuff through BBTS or smalljoes.com. It makes me get all the Iron Man/Spider-Man/Wolverine variants but I can always get rid of those. I broke down and bought the Mandarin for $45. I lost all hope of finding him at retail and decided to get him before he shoots up to Vision-level expensiveness.

This line is one of the better selling lines at my particular Target, so they refresh them pretty regularly. I've been snatching them up a lot. I recently added Mystique, Captain Britain, repainted Daredevil, Bullseye and Ghost Rider to my collection. I even have one of my co-workers buying them now! (He's the one I gave my Deadpool and Wolverine to.)

And whether Deadpool is a hero or villain, I'm keeping my collecting pretty much limited to characters from the 70s and 80s, when I was a kid. I have some more recent ones like Jean Grey in the Jim Lee costume, but she's unopened. Same for modern Havok. And some like Kitty Pryde and Colossus are technically modern, but their costumes are close enough that they pass for "vintage." The one figure I most want in this line is vintage, original costume Storm! I have mohawk Storm, which is fine, but I want the Dave Cockrum costume version!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    The one figure I most want in this line is vintage, original costume Storm! I have mohawk Storm, which is fine, but I want the Dave Cockrum costume version!
    Well, you better pre-order the upcoming X-Men multi pack with vintage costume Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus and Thunderbird!