Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The newest 2 packs are out at retail (just not in my neck of the woods yet). Everything is hitting all at once...X-Men 6 pack, Wave 13, 2 packs, Gigantic Battles...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Hmm, well, Deadpool will always be a villain to me. I've always hated the bad guy who turns good angle. They lose their edge when they do that. But I do agree, he does look great.
    I agree. I always liked DP better as a villain.

I wish "Patch" had the red belt and the grid over his eyes.

EDIT

I JUST got the Giant Sized X-Men 6 pack! They come 4 to a box. It's awesome! It's great to finally get a normal Storm and Thunderbird figures. The Cyclops repaint is the one we originally should have gotten. I don't know what was up with that light blue Secret Wars version. I like how Colossus is colored metallic blue like the old Byrne comics. Nightcrawler is way better painted. By far, the weakest part of the six pack is Wolverine. He's the ball jointed XO:W version with a smaller, but better sculpted head.

If you already have the X-Men from the Secret Wars packs and the MU 2 packs, I strongly recommend replacing them with the figures from this 6 pack.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 6, 2011 at 10:45am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

How much is it at retail, MGM?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    How much is it at retail, MGM?
    $34.99.

Sandman. All YOU need is Cable.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I JUST got the Giant Sized X-Men 6 pack!
    "Pics or it didn't happen!"
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

"Pics or it didn't happen!"
    I don't have a camera.

Besides, if South Jersey has it, I know Hell has received their shipments by now.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I don't have a camera.
    So how did those sexy topless cellphone pics of you posing in front of the bathroom mirror get leaked onto the web?

Besides, if South Jersey has it, I know Hell has received their shipments by now.
    Yeah, well it is common knowledge that Hell and Jersey are one and the same...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Is the X-Men set an exclusive? Big Bad Toystore doesn't have it!

I got the X-men boxset at my ToysRUs (central Texas) a couple of days ago. I think it has only been spotted at ToysRUs so far.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

$34.99.

Sandman. All YOU need is Cable.
    Easier said than done.

I still hate the white highlights on the Storm in the six-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Easier said than done.
    You've got 3 out of 4 so far. Gladiator has the worst paint apps on his face and body on every Gladiator that I've seen in the wild. Your copy is the best one that I've seen, but not by much.

I still hate the white highlights on the Storm in the six-pack.
    Sandman, that's a variant! There is a variant pack with Storm with white highlights and a Nightcrawler with half of his body translucent. At TRU, all 3 packs that were on the shelves didn't have it (although a TRU worker was holding a pack for himself, so he might have had the variant).

The normal version (which I have) below doesn't have the Storm highlights or the translucent Nightcrawler! So far, that's the most common version.

The normal version (which I have) below doesn't have the Storm highlights or the translucent Nightcrawler! So far, that's the most common version.
    That looks a ton better. And I dislike the BAMFing Nightcrawler anyway. Kinda want that now, lol.

Stopped at some... place... in Indiana on my way home from Chicago and stopped at a Toys R Us and found ONE last X-Men boxed set with the front flap ripped off it. Wish I'd had more to choose from as the paint isn't the best on a couple of them, including Storm who was the main one I wanted, but at least they marked it off 10% because it was damaged. I may keep it unopened in hopes of finding a better set.

Overall, I think they look good, except three things. I hate Cyclops' hands which are a COMPLETELY different shade of yellow (like a pale lemon yellow) than the rest of his costume. And for absolutely no reason, Colossus' lower thighs are painted red, so it looks like he's wearing sexy school girl thigh-high leggings. And Storm's cape is #1 poorly painted and detailed, and #2 seems to prevent you from moving her arms at all, so you can't even have her holding her arms out like she's flying!

You've got 3 out of 4 so far. Gladiator has the worst paint apps on his face and body on every Gladiator that I've seen in the wild. Your copy is the best one that I've seen, but not by much.
    It's meteor dust he's got on his face from all his cosmic travels! You just got to use your imagination, Mad Max!

I just received my Frost Giant/Loki 2-pack from Amazon. I love Loki! Now he and my Enchantress can team up on Thor. All I need is an Executioner to complete the Evil Asgardian Triumvirate. I also got the Power Charge Rhino as well. He's friggin' huge! Well, as far as 3 3/4" figures go, I mean.

Next up, the Black Goliath/Thor 2-pack...

It's meteor dust he's got on his face from all his cosmic travels! You just got to use your imagination, Mad Max!
    Or rather his face is still bruised from jobbing to Gambit, Eric Masterson's Thor, Supreme and Cannonball.

Grief, who else has kicked Gladiator's ass?

I just received my Frost Giant/Loki 2-pack from Amazon. I love Loki! Now he and my Enchantress can team up on Thor. All I need is an Executioner to complete the Evil Asgardian Triumvirate. I also got the Power Charge Rhino as well. He's friggin' huge! Well, as far as 3 3/4" figures go, I mean.

Next up, the Black Goliath/Thor 2-pack...
    I was happy to find the Frost Giant pack at retail. It is a really great figure, and Loki is cool as well. I actually passed on Black Goliath. I just don't have a ton of affinity for the character for what it cost, but it is a pretty nice looking figure all told.

I went ahead and pre-ordered the next few waves of Marvel Universe figures from BBTS. I decided the hunt just isn't really fun for them any more.

I'm going back and forth whether to collect these or Marvel Legends. I haven't had the chance to check out a Toybiz Marvel Legend in person but I do like the scale and articulation of the line judging by the pics. However I do like being able to walk into a Walmart or Target and pick up a couple figures while doing some grocery shopping...

I picked up a few Universe figs last night and while the articulation and detail has improved dramatically since the first wave some of the same quality control issues are still there. I bought the Deadpool vs Taskmaster two pack and Taskmasters right knee is super loose,so loose that he can't stand up straight. Also,neither Deadpool or Taskmaster can hold their weapon without dropping it,they all sit very very loose in their hands.

And while the articulation is better,I still can't pose them anyway but standing straight up (if I'm lucky) otherwise they fall down. Any sort of battle pose that requires the leg stretch out in any way tips the figure over. The feet are so tiny on many of these figures that a stand is almost required for many. This is not a problem for the larger figures I have like Red Hulk and Hulkbuster Iron Man.

I don't know,there are some good things about the line (size,availability,diversity) but the bad things (quality,pose-ability,cost) really weigh this line down for me.

Or rather his face is still bruised from jobbing to Gambit, Eric Masterson's Thor, Supreme and Cannonball.

Grief, who else has kicked Gladiator's ass?
    You make it sound like your disappointed that the heroes win, Mad Max. Verrrrry un-hero like for you...

I only just found out that MU has been cancelled at retail here in Australia. There hasn't been a new wave since the Thor/Luke Cage wave. I just thought we were behind, like normal, so now I am stuck catching up on the secondary market.

I will have to order waves from BBTS or keep trying to pick up single figures on ebay, so disappointing.

I just hope the Captain America figs come here and last until the second wave, Crossbones is one of my most wanted figures and I also want the US Agent and Red Skull, but the Thor figs just look terrible and I fear that they will warm the pigs and stop the Cap figs from showing up

Got the Winter Soldier from the new Captain America line. It's SO much better than the MU version. Crossbones and Red Skull are on their way. I'm hoping to get US Agent and Bucky Cap soon too.

Here's my Marvel Universe so far (minus most of the movie figures... I keep them on another shelf.) I need more room for them... hopefully something cooler.

Pretty amazing! But there's so much more to go! I have a few figures on order that I missed like Thanos, Yellowjacket and Constrictor.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    nice collection!!

Although, clearly you need more Iron Men.
    Last edited by CarKrash; May 20, 2011 at 02:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

I went ahead and pre-ordered the next few waves of Marvel Universe figures from BBTS. I decided the hunt just isn't really fun for them any more.
    yo man..i did the same thing.... so sic of wasting gas going to walmarts targets and tru's...i just want my toys!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Way to go JonW! That's an impressive collection. I'm particularly envious of your Fin Fang Foom and your Watcher (I knew I should have bought way back when but he wasn't the right scale for the 6" Marvel Legends...but now he's perfect for the 3 3/4 MU figures...blast!)

I just got my US Agent from the Cap series yesterday and he's pretty good. Although he lacks wrist and bicep articulation so posing him with his shield is tricky. Other than that, I want that Crossbones!

I didn't realize there was a comic style Loki! Which series was he part of?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I didn't realize there was a comic style Loki! Which series was he part of?
    He came in the Frost Giant/Loki 2-pack walmart exclusive. I'm glad I got mine. He's awesome!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 20, 2011 at 02:49pm.

if anyone is looking i have a goliath/thor set and a comic series whiplash for trades(looking for marvel stuff).... pm if anyone wants to work out something....
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"