Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    nice collection!!

Although, clearly you need more Iron Men.
    SO many Iron Men! This doesn't even include all the movie Iron Man figures I have (they are on a separate shelf) or a few comic figures from the movie line I just don't have room for (Silver Centurion Armor and Modern Armor.) It's a good thing I'm an Iron Man fan... though I have given up all on the specialty movie armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Way to go JonW! That's an impressive collection. I'm particularly envious of your Fin Fang Foom and your Watcher (I knew I should have bought way back when but he wasn't the right scale for the 6" Marvel Legends...but now he's perfect for the 3 3/4 MU figures...blast!)

I just got my US Agent from the Cap series yesterday and he's pretty good. Although he lacks wrist and bicep articulation so posing him with his shield is tricky. Other than that, I want that Crossbones!
    Fin Fang Foom was a big pain. I ended up just buying him whole from Ebay (for a reasonable price though... about $40 I think) because I didn't want a bunch of Hulk figures. The Watcher is very nice. I wonder if DST will re-release him? They do that from time to time. I do need to get out my Marvel Select Mephisto too. He changes size so much I think he'd work well with the Universe figures.

Speaking of Legends... has anyone else given up collecting those? I know they are coming back in a big way in 2012 but I just can't collect two scales. I have a ton of Legends figures, but I've been slowing selling them off. I don't know that I'll give up my Avengers/FF Legends but the rest I'm slowly selling off.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Speaking of Legends... has anyone else given up collecting those? I know they are coming back in a big way in 2012 but I just can't collect two scales. I have a ton of Legends figures, but I've been slowing selling them off. I don't know that I'll give up my Avengers/FF Legends but the rest I'm slowly selling off.
    I have. Legends became so terrible in quality and hard to find. It was like two different Marvel lines--Toybiz's line and Hasbro's continuation that failed to match Toybiz's stuff. Universe is making everyone who was in Legends and then characters who were never in Legends. Cheaper prices, no BAF, so I can be pretty selective toward which characters I want.

Now if Marvel Legends had simply started over with a more consistent looking line, I might have wanted to collect them.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

This thread needs to have more discussion and constantly be on the first page, so c'mon guys let's keep it up

I have no care for Legends anymore. They will forever be the grandaddy of modern toys but they are just too inconsistent in quality and design.

MU is the perfect scale when it comes to things like Galactus and Sentinel. I still need an Galactus because the one I bought on ebay never made it to me
    Plus in MU we have the Wrecking Crew as the first complete team

I have recently gone through a MU splurge and I now have Apocalypse, Cyclops, Cable, Mandarin, Archangel, X-Force Archangel, variant Warpath, Havok, Loki, Thanos and the Giant X-Men set on their way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    This thread needs to have more discussion and constantly be on the first page, so c'mon guys let's keep it up
    I agree! Thankfully the relative drought of figures I've experienced for about 6 months is finally coming to an end!

Got my Crossbones and Red Skull in the mail today. I have to say, they are both amazing figures. It was annoying paying a premium for them, but to be honest I'm just glad I got them now.

I never thought much of Crossbones one way or another until Brubaker's excellent run on Cap (actually, that made me a huge Cap fan too) but he's a great villain in my eyes now. And his sculpt is really great. Tons of detail make him a standout in my eyes.

Glad I have a lot of Iron Man bases! I wish these guys came with some. I know Entertainment Earth sell 25 packs of bases pretty cheap. Might have to pick some up some time.

Red Skull is a fantastic sculpt. He might replace my Invaders box set RS as my default RS.

One of my favorite things about him is the cool Cosmic Cube he comes with. It fits in his hand well and looks VERY cool.

Larger versions of these pics can be found here, if you want to see them:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3104563...th/5741967674/

He came in the Frost Giant/Loki 2-pack walmart exclusive. I'm glad I got mine. He's awesome!
    I ordered that set and the Goliath set off eBay. Oddly, I only want the Loki from that set and Goliath from the other. Ha ha, anyone want a "custom" Clore/Frost Giant boxed set?

Great pics JonWes. I became a fan of Crossbones and Captain America thanks to Ed Brubaker.

Crossbones and Red Skull look so good. Crossbones has always been on my top ten most wanted list so it is great to be able to cross him off now.

The comic figures from Captain America have already been pretty good and the movie hasn't even been released yet. I wonder who else Hasbro can release in the line? Maybe Flag Smasher? Baron Strucker? Or my personal wish Jack Monroe Nomad

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Got my Crossbones and Red Skull in the mail today. I have to say, they are both amazing figures. It was annoying paying a premium for them, but to be honest I'm just glad I got them now.
    Oh, man! I got to get that Crossbones! I've go to plan my devious plans to get my claws on one. I had no plans to get the movie Red Skull but I may have to change my mind after seeing that he comes with the Cosmic Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I ordered that set and the Goliath set off eBay. Oddly, I only want the Loki from that set and Goliath from the other. Ha ha, anyone want a "custom" Clore/Frost Giant boxed set?
    I was the same but I quickly changed my mind with Clore. I saw his android face with deep red eyes and decided to keep him. The Frost Giant looked cool enough to keep as well. You may change your mind like I did once you get those box sets in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The comic figures from Captain America have already been pretty good and the movie hasn't even been released yet. I wonder who else Hasbro can release in the line? Maybe Flag Smasher? Baron Strucker? Or my personal wish Jack Monroe Nomad
    Don't forget everybody's favorite partner, D-Man! Or what about Left Winger and Right Winger?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

JonWes, I am so envious of that Fin Fang Foom. It's the one BAF from ML I really want, and it's so hard to find now. I love your collection! I'm definently getting Crossbones and some of the other Captain America figures, since they don't have as much parts reuse and more unique accessories. I'm looking at getting Crossbones, US Agent, Winter Soldier and possibly Captain Britain (He comes with Excalibur!). Probably getting another Cap as well to replace my floppy-limbed Secret Wars 2-pack one.

I love that the Cap line is mostly comics-based figures. Such a smart move. They have big "launchers" and gimmick accessories for the kids, and then if you strip those off you have a comics-accurate figure for the collectors. Winter soldier even comes with a SHIELD jetpack, very cool. And the Cosmic Cube with Red Skull is of course great. I wish I had the Invaders SDCC set one so I could try a headswap, I hated that he was such a runt (due to the reused Indiana Jones body).

I hope the Cap line lasts for at least 4 waves, like the Iron Man one. I'm hoping to see some more supporting characters and villains we haven't seen in the main line, with the added sculpting and accessory budget. Some of my wants would be:

*Flag-Smasher with mace (they probably can't refer to him as a terrorist anymore, but whatever)
    *Baron Zemo II with sword (For my Masters of Evil!)
    *Any Serpent Society member (Cobra, Sidewinder... )
    *Arnim Zola
    *Sin (Red Skull's daughter)
    *Sharon Carter
    *Nomad

(Man, I wish the Thor toys had a comics subline)

Personally I just got some more villains for my shelf. Since 2-packs are a bit pricey to ship to me, and I have no big interest in the other figures included, I just went ahead and paid close to the full price for just the figures I wanted. Foolish? Perhaps, but I was stung by the poor quality and floppy limbs of the Secret Wars line (Spidey and Cap were terrible).

I have now added Absorbing Man, Piledriver (completed Wrecking Crew), Titanium Man and Electro to my collection!

FFF is great with the Marvel Universe characters. That's actually one of the things I like about the MU. You can really play with the scale more.

I definitely plan on getting Bucky Cap, Movie Cap, the Hydra soldiers, US Agent and Captain Britain! I also want to get the K-mart exclusive 3-pack. Which I'll probably have to do online as there aren't any K-mart stores in my town anymore. Your list is great. I'd love to get those. I'd also add Diamondback to that list. The one bad thing about the Cap line is that they get the gimmick accessory but most dont' have a standard accessory like a shield. That is unfortunate. A few figures (notably Odin) in the Thor line don't come with a standard accessory in addition to their bulky kid-friendly action accessory, but most do.

As for the Thor line, it is sad that there aren't comic figures. There's a treasure-trove of great figures they could do with Thor. But I'm glad they have a wide variety of movie characters. Wave 2 is on it's way to me from HTS. I'm looking forward to having a helmeted movie Thor, the Warrior's Three and the Destroyer. Also, there are great figures in future waves including King Loki, Ice Claw Frost Giant, Sif and Heimdall. I just hope we get more waves! I feel like the first wave was the weakest and most boring and all the stores seem to have over-ordered it.

http://kastorskorner.com/index.php?o...d=821&Itemid=1

Nice review on the Cap K-Mart 3 pack.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 26, 2011 at 01:26pm.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://kastorskorner.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=821&Itemid=1
    Nice review on the Cap K-Mart 3 pack.
    Thanks! Very excited for this set. Though I hope I can try to pick one out in person based on the paint app problems.

Do you guys find that the 2 pack figures are of lower quality than the single packaged ones? I bought the Captain America/Wolverine 2 pack and they are both god awful!

Time for a Top Ten list? Yep!

With all the great figures that have been/are being released are you getting your most wanted figures? If so, now who are your top ten most wanted figures?

Mine are;

New Figures
    • Bishop (1st appearance)
    • Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch w/Bike)
    • Hellstorm (90's/Modern)
    • Nomad (Jack Monroe w/baby Bucky)
    • Morbius
    • Domino (Modern)
    • Beast (90's)
    • Ares
    • Drax the Destroyer (Modern)
    • Psylocke (90's/Modern)

And for the sake of discussion, here is a list of already released figures that aren't quite up to scratch and need to be redone;

Redone Figures
    • Magneto
    • Nick Fury
    • Gambit
    • Bullseye
    • Daredevil
    • Hulk
    • Iceman
    • Blade
    • Moon Knight
    • Dr. Octopus

Interesting...

New Figures:
    • Guardians of the Galaxy (Star Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Mantis, etc.)
    • Annihilus
    • Ultron (Annihilation costume)
    •*Thunderbolts (First Appearance box set)
    •*Young Avengers
    • Wasp
    • Celestial
    •*Scarlet Witch
    • Rescue (Pepper Potts)
    • Jocasta
    • Super Skrull
    • Inhumans
    and many more, but I'll stop there.

Redone Figures:
    Jean Grey (Jim Lee version)
    Cyclops (current costume)
    Havok (current costume)

JonWes: I am tempted by all the Cap figures you listed. I already have the K-Mart 3-pack and Winter Soldier secured, so now I'm waiting to see if any of my contacts can grab wave 2 on the pegs. I'm super-excited for Crossbones, and I want that Bucky Cap too (the gigantic battles one just looks poor to me). While I know that the oversized "gimmick" accessories are a bit of a pain, the original sculpting makes up for it IMO. I love Bucky's jetpack, rifle and gun, and that Crossbones comes with 3 guns! And the cosmic cube is of course sweetness incarnate.

bodine: Yes, that's my personal experience. I was very excited to pick up the Secret Wars 2-packs last year, but considerably less excited when I got them opened. The Cap from the Cap/Klaw set is very very loose, and came twisted out of the packaging. The Spidey from the SM/Thunderball pack came out unable to stand up. Thor from the Thor/Enchantress set has a cape that won't stay on his back and poor paint apps. In comparison the single packed figures I got have all been relatively good. That's not to say I think the 2-packs suck, just that I'm worried they may be skimping on production values for them.

As for figures I would like to see, it's a tricky subject. Marvel Universe re-uses bucks and body parts a lot, and a lot of the characters I'd really want are hard to do with a buck body. Still, I have high hopes that since the line seems to be a success, they will allow some more money to go into sculpting all or mostly-new figures in the future (like Modern Thor, Cable, the Iron Men, Colossus...). The upside of the movie-based lines (and the Spider-Man line) is that they have a lot of unique sculpting, which is why I love when new characters sneak in via those!

Characters I want:

* Songbird
    * Moonstone
    * Fixer
    * Mach V (whatever number he has now)
    * Whirlwind
    * Radioactive Man
    * Kang
    * Immortus
    * Scarlet Witch
    * She-Hulk
    * Mockingbird
    * Tigra
    * Nova
    * Star-Lord
    * Mantis (classic and modern variants)
    * Ronan the Accuser
    * Super-Skrull
    * Annihilus
    * Blastaar
    * Mole Man
    * Mysterio
    * Vulture

...I'll stop there. These are my MVP's right now, I think.

Figures that need a makeover:

* Magneto (BADLY)
    * Punisher
    * Black Panther
    * Kitty Pryde
    * 616 Nick Fury
    * Black Widow

I can't wait until I get my bonus in a few weeks. I'm going to buy the Loki/Frost Giant two-pack. It looks so awesome, and I reallly wanted a Loki to go with my Thor, Enchantress and Wrecking Crew bunch. Man, that Frost Giant would also go great with MOTU! Smaller giant for them, but still impressive. I REALLY hope I can still find one before my bonus comes. My advantage is working 3rd shift at a Wal-Mart, so I can get first look in the cases. Maybe I should get one and let it "accidently" fall behind the shelf until I find it next paycheck.

That Goliath/Ragnarok pack... ugh. The sculpt on Goliath is ugly and I don't even know the character (this version). And Ragnarok is just the same Thore I have with a Terminator face. I won't be getting it.

The other day, I did go to TRU and squeeled like a girl to find Grey Hulk and the 90's Jean Grey on the peg. I'm a huge fan of the big characters, but this is my first Hulk.

I'm kindof a weird toy collector, I guess because I base alot of my decisions on what would be fun to play with, instead of valuable (though I will grab a rare figure if I find it). With lack of room to display them right now, it's more like a kids collection, with everything dumped in a box until I pull them out and set them up on the table and play with them. Only Galactus has a proper place on a shelf, and even he's usually laying on the coffee table. More people should play with their toys.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Most Wanted:

1) Kurse
    2) Cobra
    3) Porcupine
    4) Death Adder
    5) Executioner
    6) Grim Reaper
    7) Beetle
    8) Omega Red
    9) Blackheart
    10) Shuma Gorath

Need Improvement:

1) Bullseye
    2) Jean Grey (Jim Lee version)
    3) Venom (needs more articulation)
    4) Rhino (see above)
    5) Red Skull (need more comic accuracy)
    6) Luke Cage (need 70's tiara version)
    7) US Agent (need more articulation)
    8) Punisher
    9) Vision (just need more of!)
    10) mini-Wasp (need better ability to pose)
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

What's with all the dead guys on your list, Benny?

Most Wanted:
    10) Shuma Gorath
    Only if he's to-scale with the rest of the line. IE room-sized.

The same goes for Ego the Living Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    What's with all the dead guys on your list, Benny?
    I'm more interested in their look visually than their comic importance. Plus I like B,C and even D-listers (I'd love a Sunstroke and Mad Dog figure). I also read heavily the Marvel Universe of the Dead. I know the A-listers are going to be made. I'm rooting for the obscure villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Only if he's to-scale with the rest of the line. IE room-sized.

The same goes for Ego the Living Planet.
    I'll take a regular sized Shuma-Gorath if only to re-enact my pulverizing of my video game adversaries with him, Omega Red and Blackheart (I already have Juggernaut).

Where do you guys buy your figures from online?

Quote Originally Posted by bodine1231 View Post
    Where do you guys buy your figures from online?
    I buy mine from BigBadToyStore.com (BBTS), Smalljoes.com, Hasbrotoyshop.com or Amazon.com. I sometimes find some figures at Target but I mainly buy all my stuff online.

As for your 2-pack question, most of mine are great but there are a couple that came with wobbly ankle joints (Captain America and Thunderball specifically). Singly, the only one that really disappointed me was Apocalypse. He came with really loose joint right off the card. But overall, i am extremely pleased with this line.

Most Wanted:
    6) Luke Cage (need 70's tiara version)
    This is coming in a two-pack with a new Iron Fist sometime this year!

This is coming in a two-pack with a new Iron Fist sometime this year!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5056/...4c42e21e_z.jpg
    That will rock.

Does anyone know, yet, if there'll be a SDCC exclusive this year? I can't go but I'll probably see if someone here might be willing to grab me one.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    That will rock.

Does anyone know, yet, if there'll be a SDCC exclusive this year? I can't go but I'll probably see if someone here might be willing to grab me one.
    The only one they announced so far was a repaint of the Sentinel.

Most Wanted:

1) Savage She-Hulk
    2) Psylocke (Jim Lee Era)
    3) Elektra
    4) Storm (Jim Lee Era)
    5) Rogue (Jim Lee Era)
    6) Beast (Jim Lee Era)
    7) Emma Frost
    8) Scarlet Witch
    9) Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch)
    10) Super-Skrull

Need Improvement:

1) Magneto (Too small)
    2) Jean Grey (Jim Lee Era)
    3) Black Widow (Needs to look better period--give her some cleavage)
    4) Venom
    5) Deadpool (Damn Ball joints)
    6) Iceman (Too small)
    7) Red Skull (Too small)
    8) Punisher
    9) Vision (Re-release him like Grey)
    10) Gambit (Too small)

I'm after making the 90's Jim Lee X-Men. It was the first Team I completed in Marvel Legends.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 22, 2011 at 12:58pm.