Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    This is coming in a two-pack with a new Iron Fist sometime this year!
    Nice! And a 70's Iron Fist! That's going to be one 2-pack I will definitely be looking forward to and pre-ordering! Thanks for the info, JW!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Went on a little hunt this afternoon and found a few series 3 figs out,sadly no Cable or Apocalypse but Jim Lee Cyclops is amazing.

I have to say I'm really changing my tune on these. I thought the first wave and 2 packs were absolute garbage. But this X-men pack and the series 3 figs (also found WW Hulk) are AMAZING. It's almost like a different company took over,tight joints,WAAAY better articulation (the ankle pivot on series 3 in particular) and the paint apps are significantly better.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Nice! And a 70's Iron Fist! That's going to be one 2-pack I will definitely be looking forward to and pre-ordering! Thanks for the info, JW!
    Wait. Do you know about the Wonder-Man/Quicksilver 2 pack or the Spider-Man/Captain Britain 2 pack?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm confused about the look of Captain Britain's power rod thingy (what is that called?) because it doesn't really look like any version I remember seeing... it certainly doesn't match the look of it from the included comic!

I didn't get any of these before except for Red Hulk and Hulkbuster Iron Man, but I just nabbed Apocalypse (one of my all-time favorite characters), and I'm really digging his figure a lot. Not quite classic Apocalypse, but still very cool and poseable despite his size.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

With Dr. Strange, Power Man and Iron Fist coming, that knocks out three of my most wanted.

Most Wanted
    1. Shana the She-Devil (to complete my 7 Little Super Heroes)
    2. Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau)
    3. Hellcat
    4. She-Hulk
    5. Tigra
    6.Moondragon
    7. Valkerie
    8. Nighthawk (Not holding my breath...)
    9. Banshee (He should have been in the Giant Sized boxed set, instead of another Cyclops repaint)
    10. Leisure Suit Wonder Man
    11. Scarlet Witch
    12. The Squadron Supreme (boxed set?)
    13. Rogue (80s version)

Remakes
    1. Falcon (70s Version)
    2. Kitty Pryde as either Sprite or Ariel
    3. Phoenix in green costume (that should be easy)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wait. Do you know about the Wonder-Man/Quicksilver 2 pack or the Spider-Man/Captain Britain 2 pack?

http://therumorbuster.com/wp-content...r-530x1024.jpg
    http://therumorbuster.com/wp-content...ook-2-pack.jpg
    Ugh... Another Spider-man. I'd like a Captain Britain, but I can't see paying that much for one figure and a 4th (for me) Spider-man in the regular costume. IT's the same thing witht he Giant Sized X-men set. I have essentially the SAME Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Cyclops with just the minor addons here. But I'd love to have that Storm....
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No, I did not but thanks for the info! I will need to get those 2 as well! I'm not relishing yet another Spider-Man in my collection but I want that Captain Britain! I'll just give that Spider-Man away to some needy kids...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I'm enjoying this thread, just looking at all the cool characters getting figs'.

But can maybe you guys let me know which figures/versions are considered the very best of the best, and maybe post some pics of all those? Like, a top 10-20 if you'd like.

And man... wouldn't a Fear Itself wave be totally cool?? I'm thinking, SDCC exclusive The WORTHY gift-set!
    And it would be even more awesome if the gift-set versions included transparent detailing! You know, to simulate the power-lines that flow all over the characters bodies. ( yes, it looks a lot like in Tron Legacy)

For those that aren't aware of who those characters are, I can let you know that they are possessed/enhanced versions of already existing Marvel characters, that become merged with the power and minds of Norse Fear-gods.

Here we go, this is what a dream FI box-set would look like:

1. Skadi (Sin/Red Skull)
    2. Kuurth - Breaker of Stone ( Juggernaut)
    3. Nul - Breaker of Worlds ( Hulk)
    4. Skirn - Breaker of Men ( Titania)
    5. Nerkkod - Breaker of Oceans ( Attuma)
    6. Unknown ( Absorbing Man)
    7. Unknown ( Thing)
    8. Unknown ( Grey Gargoyle)
    9. The Serpent - God of Fear ( Odin's older brother)

Would be one heckuva' pack! Benedict, what do you think? Interested in a potential set??

You can check out all the characters here:
    http://www.herebegeeks.com/comics/fe...rthy-revealed/
    Last edited by Predabot; May 23, 2011 at 08:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Would be one heckuva' pack! Benedict, what do you think? Interested in a potential set??
    I don't know. It's cool and all but I want me some vintage B,C, and D-lister villains first. I'm thinking a Scourge Victims 50-pack w/ a Bar with No Name background. What do you think, Predmeister?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I've only been very passively into this line, especially since I rarely see new product for it. (Actually saw a Gladiator last week and was stunned.) I was motivated to start collecting it when I was able to score Galactus for $20 thanks to an awesome online sale (Amazon, I think.)

So I keep a small 'classic' Marvel shelf of characters/looks from the Bronze Age, although there are a few exceptions. They've made, or have announced, most of who I still want, but if I could get Professor X, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Baron Zemo, Kang, Kingpin and maybe a few more Spidey villains, I'd be content.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I don't know. It's cool and all but I want me some vintage B,C, and D-lister villains first. I'm thinking a Scourge Victims 50-pack w/ a Bar with No Name background. What do you think, Predmeister?
    50-pack D-villains... bar with No Name...

Man, I think you're on your own there, Benedict, mi compadre!

Two versions of the Scourge would be cool tho. =) Both the Jack Monroe/Bucky -version, as well as the original one, that you never quite knew who it was.

Btw, did you know that the bar actually survived that shooting?? It's been featured loads of times afterwards, it just shifts owners and location at times. Recently, Spider-man teamed up with Daredevil and did a big raid on it, even!

Poor clockers... can't even enjoy a decent beer without a smack to the face.
    Last edited by Predabot; May 26, 2011 at 08:49am.

5. Nerkkod - Breaker of Oceans ( Attuma)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Found Deadpool/Taskmaster and Wolverine/Silver Samurai today! A lot of fun. I love all of them except Wolverine (who I think is just too plain.)

PICS (Larger ones are here):

Silver Samurai is an example of a character that I have no particular affinity or connection to but that makes me NED to buy it because it just looks so darn cool. It's such a well executed figure.

Deadpool and Taskmaster are amazing. I am a little annoyed at how tall Taskmaster's neck is but I understand why they did it and overall it looks okay. Everything else is top notch. I love how many accessories they both come with and the fact that you can pretty much store every weapon not in use on them!

Got Wave 2 of the Thor movie line from HTS today!
    All in all, with the addition of these characters, I have to say I'm really liking this line. Destroyer is a bit disappointing, though. It's not bad, but the transparent head is a very odd choice. I was happy to be rid of the gimmick weapons, though I actually liked Hogun's enough I thought I'd give it to Odin since he is without a normalish looking weapon. I really like the Frost Giants though! I hope the Ice Claw and Laufey come out.

Larger pictures here.

50-pack D-villains... bar with No Name...

Man, I think you're on your own there, Benedict, mi compadre!
    I don't know, P-bot. I think Sandman would also love a Scourge Victims 50-pack. He's been salivating over a Turner D. Century figure for over 20 years now.

Btw, did you know that the bar actually survived that shooting?? It's been featured loads of times afterwards, it just shifts owners and location at times. Recently, Spider-man teamed up with Daredevil and did a big raid on it, even!
    I did not know that. I would have figured business would have died out after the massive body count at that place. I know I wouldn't frequent that bar.

Poor clockers... can't even enjoy a decent bear without a smack to the face.
    I wish I knew what you were saying here. I know every word you've written but that sentence makes no sense to me...

@Benedict: That's because I misspelled BEER!

Man... I suck at spelling.

@JonWes: Great photos of the 2-packs, dude! Who's the Ninja that Silver Samurai's fighting?

And I have to admit, the Thor Movie-fig's actually look pretty cool... Huh. Whodda' thunk?? Especially the frost giants look well-done.

It's really, really too bad that they're not doing a comic sub-line for Thor as they did with Iron Man tho'... There's just soooo many cool characters and designs to draw from there! Man!

@Benedict: That's because I misspelled BEER!

Man... I suck at spelling.
    Ahhh...that makes a little bit more sense then.

@JonWes: Great photos of the 2-packs, dude! Who's the Ninja that Silver Samurai's fighting?

And I have to admit, the Thor Movie-fig's actually look pretty cool... Huh. Whodda' thunk?? Especially the frost giants look well-done.

It's really, really too bad that they're not doing a comic sub-line for Thor as they did with Iron Man tho'... There's just soooo many cool characters and designs to draw from there! Man!
    The ninja is the Hand Ninja from a TRU exclusive three-pack, I think. It's a little hard to remember but I think it included a SHIELD agent, a HYDRA agent and the white hand Ninja. He's a repaint of the regular Red Ninja.

I was kind of surprised at how well the Thor figures turned out too.

Picking up World War Hulk and Apocalypse in a few hours. I was getting them this morning whan I got off work, but I left my wallet at home, so I'm going back out. I've got them hidden away in the back room, just in case. Same with the rest of this wave, for when I get my bonus in a couple of weeks. I hope we stock more Frost Giants, so I can put one of them away too.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Got the exclusive K-0mart 3-pack with Captain Britain, Captain America and Red Guardian from K-mart along with the second 3-pack with the Hologram Iron Man in the mail yesterday.

The Cap set is all kinds of awesome! It's a cool look for Captain Britain (and he has Excalibur!) and it's fun to get a Red Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Got the exclusive K-0mart 3-pack with Captain Britain, Captain America and Red Guardian from K-mart along with the second 3-pack with the Hologram Iron Man in the mail yesterday.

The Cap set is all kinds of awesome! It's a cool look for Captain Britain (and he has Excalibur!) and it's fun to get a Red Guardian.
    Pic of Red Guardian? I would really want to add the Soviet counterpart to our Super Soldier if he looks cool enough...

Pic of Red Guardian? I would really want to add the Soviet counterpart to our Super Soldier if he looks cool enough...
    http://kastorskorner.com/index.php?o...d=821&Itemid=1

One thing I stress is watch the paint! I had to return that 3 pack twice because of bad paint.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 26, 2011 at 01:34pm.

Is that the more modern look for Red Guardian? Last time I remember his whole suit was red with only a few white highlights (head fin/star).

Is that the more modern look for Red Guardian? Last time I remember his whole suit was red with only a few white highlights (head fin/star).

I didn't know his costume had changed myself....