Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Sure thing! Frankly, I love this thing. I just don't think I'll be able to justify paying the secondary market price

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/bounce.php?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hisstank.com%2Fgi-joe-news%2Ftoy-fair-17%2Fgi-joe-sdcc-exclusives-at-toy-fair-2012-11066%2F"]GI Joe SDCC Exclusives At Toy Fair 2012

It's a purple & silver re-paint of the current HISS, with a new Shockwave-style gun mount.
    Comes with...
    - Destro in purple uniform
    - BAT in G1 Devastator colors
    - cart full of energon cubes
    - purple suitcase full of cash
    - 3 3/4" Soundwave w/ 3 cassettes

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/...1329001592.jpg

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/...1329001592.jpg
    That actually looks pretty sweet. But if I were to try to get that SDCC exclusive, it would be mainly for that minature Soundwave and cassettes. That thing is awesome! Also, the suitcase of money is also pretty good.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Thanks for the info and the advice, sensor-ini! I remember last year getting the Star Wars SDCC Death Star set but missing out on the Starscream/Cobra Commander set.
    I think that was one of the ones that never went up on sale on HTS last year due to them not having enough of them. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    That actually looks pretty sweet. But if I were to try to get that SDCC exclusive, it would be mainly for that minature Soundwave and cassettes. That thing is awesome! Also, the suitcase of money is also pretty good.
    Yeah, I love the little touches like the Megatron pistol last year and this year's Soundwave & cassettes.

If you can't get a Shockwave HISS, you can try to track down a Pursuit of Cobra "Destro: Weapons Supplier" figure (AKA Moneybags Destro). He's pricey, but not as expensive as I think the Shockwave HISS will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I think that was one of the ones that never went up on sale on HTS last year due to them not having enough of them. I could be wrong though.
    I got a Starscream Sky Striker in my cart last year, but it was sold out by the time I got to check out (happened to many, many people). I'm not sure if they really even had any. HTS caught so much flak for posting Sgt. Slaughter as "sold out" right from the start in 2010, that they may have just acted like they had some.

Yeah, that Destro is awesome! They made a great choice there; especially with the head. As a bonus, he matches the Techno-Vipers...for whatever reason I would need that. The neatest part is the Decepticon symbol on 'em - throughout the different toylines I've seen as I've grown, I think the Decepticon symbol is my favorite badguy symbol when I'm just considering pure design. I love it. Other than that, there's the crazy colored B.A.T., and I am up for any B.A.T. at any time. The whole set is just fantastic; I wish there were a way to get ahold of it for a normal price.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The Shockwave Hiss Tank is awesome and I think it is way better than the Starscream Sky Striker from last year. Unfortunately, these are aimed at both Transformers and GI Joe collectors and those damn Transformers fans have deep pockets so the resale value of the Hiss Tank will be massive.

Hasbro are knocking it out of the park with their SDCC exclusives this year

I need to win the lottery and fast. I want the SDCC Bruticus, the Masters of Evil set, and the Shockwave tank... and I'm as good as broke, with no prospects even for my birthday this month. Come on, give me a lucky ticket!

I don't get into GI Joe but that Shockwave tank is AMAZING. I love Shockwave, and we ever get of him anymore are robots that turn into futuristic piles of junk.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Hasbro are going to sell a Super Helicarrier at SDCC
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ellicarrier%2F

Luckily, I think it looks like crap and is poorly under scaled. Would be nice to get a Maria Hill figure though

I'm a bit torn on this one, to be honest. I had easily passed on the Avengers one. It looks kind of cheap and flimsy and the fact that's very long is let down by the fact it is very flat and skinny. I didn't expect it to be in scale, but it seems a bit dinky.

But, I REALLY like new paint deco on this one. I like the Maria Hill figure (which makes me hopeful for a movie Maria Hill) and I like the extra length here. But, at $130 it's really hard to justify in any way whatsoever. Plus, it's a big piece. I barely had room in my MU display for the Quinjet. So I think I may have to pass.

It's cool the box art seems to hint at Whirlwind and Erik Josten Goliath coming soon!

I could care less for the carrier, I want that Maria Hill figure. Why does Hasbro do stupid things like this????? Maria should have been included in the regular assortment of figures.

Well, remember this is a Marvel Universe (as opposed to Avengers movie) Hellicarrier with a comic colors Maria Hill. So it's still possible a movie Hill could show up in the regular line. if anything, this makes it seem more likely.

I hope that you are right, but Hasbro's track record with female movie figures is not good. Sif saw very little distribution, and the Black Widow from Iron Man 2 never made it to stores. The new Black Widow is impossible to get as well. Jinx and Zarana both exclusives without regular releases.

One thing that really annoys me is that Hasbro has spent more resources on their SDCC exclusives than they have for any of their other lines

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It's cool the box art seems to hint at Whirlwind and Erik Josten Goliath coming soon!
    Man, I hope so too! I'd love a Masters of Evil complete line-up, especially their fourth incarnation. That would be the best!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

That Maria Hill figure looks like a kitbash. I'm sure Hasbro will re-release her in some way, they have done so with most of their SDCC exclusive MU's so far.

I went into Dollar General today to get some various goods. I had heard that GI Joe was doing some lower price point repaints (some that are fairly cool, I hear) but I didn't realize Marvel Universe was getting in on the act too. Sadly, unlike the GI Joe's, these look totally terrible. They have little to no articulation and very sad paint apps. AND they are still $6! But, hey, I guess it's something if your mom or dad can't afford the $10 figure.

Interesting that Iron Man is in his movie costume. Probably because a static mold already existed?

I went into Dollar General today to get some various goods. I had heard that GI Joe was doing some lower price point repaints (some that are fairly cool, I hear) but I didn't realize Marvel Universe was getting in on the act too. Sadly, unlike the GI Joe's, these look totally terrible. They have little to no articulation and very sad paint apps. AND they are still $6! But, hey, I guess it's something if your mom or dad can't afford the $10 figure.
    Jon, from what I read they are the vehicle driver figures from the toyline repackaged as singles. And yes, they look crappy.

In brighter news, Stretch Strike Venom from the Spider-Man subline is getting an Anti-Venom repaint, and the TRU exclusive X-Factor set is about to hit the streets! (Cyclops, Angel, Marvel Girl and Iceman in their 1980's X-Factor duds plus repainted Apocalypse and Mr Sinister)

Hey! They're like new Mego Pocket Heroes!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

does anyone know when the masters of evil set goes on sale at hasbrotoyshop? i've never bought sdcc exclusives from hasbro before (or anything on that site) so i don't know when they offer these things.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    does anyone know when the masters of evil set goes on sale at hasbrotoyshop? i've never bought sdcc exclusives from hasbro before (or anything on that site) so i don't know when they offer these things.
    At ANY time today, supposedly. People are already refreshing HTS hard to get their exclusives.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    HTS has varied in the past, but last year they listed all the SDCC leftovers on the Tuesday after SDCC. If they follow that pattern this year, they'll be listed tomorrow. Nobody knows when (although 9am est and noon est are good guesses). The last two years they've listed 2-3 exclusives every hour, on the hour, to help manage traffic. Hopefully, they'll do that again.

No telling how many of each exclusive they have for sale. The GI Joe exclusive two years ago got listed on the site as "sold out", as all but a box or two had been sold at the con. So don't try to wait to save on shipping by bundling the next hour's exclusives - buy it and get out! Also, last year if you got to checkout and had something in your cart that had sold out while you were checking out, you had to delete the item and start the checkout process again. So, again, grab what you want and go!

thanks for the info, guys. i'm among those refreshing the site constantly. when i saw how slowly the site was loading this morning, i assumed it would go on sale today. masters of evil is really the only one i'm dying to get, but there are a few other items i'm thinking about.

From the grave it rises!

Today I received a BBTS shipment which contained my "catching-up" set of Marvel figures which my sources had missed at retail. A few others are in the works from other places, but in this shipment I got:

* Wave 19 Punisher
    * Wave 18 Hulk
    * Wave 18 Beta Ray bill
    * Wave 18 Kraven the Hunter
    * Team 3-pack Classic Avengers
    * Greatest Battles 2-pack Bullseye and Daredevil
    * Avengers Skrull Soldier
    * IM2 "Coffepot" Armor (it was on sale)
    * IM2 Guardsman (Same)

All in all these are all really good figures. I can't believe how far Marvel Universe has come in 3 years, comparing the wave 1 Bullseye and Daredevil with the comic pack versions is like night and day. They even give multipack figures all-new accessories and heads now. I really hope this line has at least one more year in it, I'm sure it'll blow my mind even further.

They have really stepped up their game. Now If I could just find them in stores. I ended up buying some at PowerCon (Kang, Scarlet Witch) just so I didn't have to hunt for them. Even with Reseller prices, it was worth it to me. But there are plenty more I want but would like to pay retail for.

They have really stepped up their game. Now If I could just find them in stores. I ended up buying some at PowerCon (Kang, Scarlet Witch) just so I didn't have to hunt for them. Even with Reseller prices, it was worth it to me. But there are plenty more I want but would like to pay retail for.
    Oh, definitely. I mean, I don't notice these things because it's all dealing through online dealers for me... these toys are not sold in my country. But it's really a problem with the US retailers, not Hasbro. Hasbro offers each case to the retailers (be it Walmart, Target or TRU) and they will decide if they order them, if so in what quantity and how many restocks to get. And to a large degree, US retailers have NO clue what the public wants. For example, in 2010 and 2011 they overstocked insanely much on DOTM Transformer toys and under-ordered or decline to even take in other Transformers lines, like the collector-friendly Generations. It's also regional, some areas will not get anything whereas in others some toys are shelfwarming.

And of course to add to this there's the problem of scalpers. My only thought here is that unless you absolutely have to, don't ever buy retail toys from a comic store or similar.