Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Sandman, how do you like the Punisher or that Hulk?

I managed to get the TRU exclusive She-Hulk vs Wolverine 2 pack. I left the Cap vs Magneto pack.

I'm a big She-Hulk fan period, but like 80's Jennifer Walters over the single pack She-Hulk. Now if we can get a First Appearance She-Hulk, FF costume She-Hulk and a lawyer She-Hulk...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Sandman, how do you like the Punisher or that Hulk?
    Very good, highly recommend both of them. Punisher has an odd grey detailing to his white areas, but it helps him look more gritty and not as sparkly. He also has much better accessories than either of the previous versions. Hulk is just a good all-round Hulk with a great headsculpt and articulation.

Three new three packs are coming!

Marvel Universe Super Hero Team Packs Wave 5

West Coast Avengers!!!!!
    The Inhumans
    Super Team 3(no description provided)
    Are we getting a Tigra? Byrne White Vison? Mockingbird? Hank Pym in his red jumpsuit?

Here in the UK we had Sif everytime I went to our local supermarket she was always there. Then they had them in the sale after that. I got black widow from avengers too for 9.99. I was told it was rare and now i see it in lots od stores here.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Quote Originally Posted by PaulPjas View Post
    Here in the UK we had Sif everytime I went to our local supermarket she was always there. Then they had them in the sale after that. I got black widow from avengers too for 9.99. I was told it was rare and now i see it in lots od stores here.
    Yep, it's the same here in Sweden.

I have full pegs of just Black Widows here. No exaggeration, my local TRU has at least two pegs worth of just Widow. We also got tons of the classic Lizard and Ultimate Scorpion from the Spider-Man line despite them not being very plentiful in the states.

I never saw a Shocker though, except in that way way overpriced pack-in...

Finally got some new MU! It's been forever since anything new was on the shelves. I got these online.

Some really great figure in this line-up. I wish I was more excited about the announced assortments for this year. There's some good figures coming up... but I miss the days when we got a few solid waves a year. Ah well, some is better than nothing! Let's focus on the positive of what we DO have.

My favorites are probably Hercules, Blastarr and Black Bolt. It's cool the got Proffesor X's chair in. It looks good, other than the horrid wash they put on it. Orange over metallic gold? Really?

Angel is amazing! His wingspan is really cool, and the sculpt on his wings is great. But he really demonstrates why they shouldn't have cut out the stands. I know it was probably for cost, but some figures just need them. Glad I have some leftovers I'm not using from other figures.

As I said, Blastarr is amazing. Great face sculpt, and the metallic blue on him looks great. Still disappointed by Nova. He's got a cool metallic paint app but those darn things on his leg drive me nuts. I may try to glue them down.

I've been a Fantastic Four fan my whole life, so it's great to get some Inhumans! The colors on Black Bolt really pop. Medusa and Karnak look good, although I feel like no toy company has ever really fully realized the potential a Medusa figure offers. Here, she just has a big clump of hair behind her. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but it'd have been cool if they could have articulated it similar to Angel's wings so you could post it and move it some.

i didn't realize angel was out! he's been on my want list for a while (never been a fan of archangel). the nova figure looks nice too. i saw a blastaar once but didn't buy him because i'm not a huge fan of the character. but that photo of his face... i think i want him now!

Not sure how distributed they are at retail yet. Angel is really cool! Blastarr was never a huge favorite of mine, though as an FF fan I had a soft spot for him. But, yeah, the face sculpt and the metallic paint really help sell him as a figure, I think.

five Below has iron man 2 and Thor figs. Iron man are $5, Thor are $4. They had tons of cool guys as well... some I've never seen in major retailers. I don't buy these guys, but those that do may wanna check Five Below out.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure if I want to spend my money on this which is all they have. I want Captain America tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Elektra
    Abomination
    Cloak
    Dagger
    Mysterio
    These are a few new ones coming out that I'm looking forward to. Aww shucks the pics turned into red x's.
    Last edited by Parrotor; March 22, 2013 at 12:24pm. Reason: red x's on pics.

i have that cap, but i just use it as a random SHIELD agent. my go-to cap figure is golden age cap with his not-round shield. if you've got a toys r us nearby, you could try looking through the MU figures that come with the light up avengers base. they are pricey, especially if you don't care about the base, but it can be an quick way to find certain characters. i'm not sure if they've got a classic cap in that line or not though. i think they've got a bucky cap, but there are a couple characters with multiple versions.

another option is to check comic shops. there will be a markup, but you might find something you like.

the good news is that hasbro does frequently refresh figures. if you've got patience you could trying waiting for hasbro to put out a better cap in a refresh case.

Found latest wave at TRU, was able to get the last Nova. I also ordered the Professor X, wave online. I am caught up now. I hope the Marvel Universe line continues. The newer figures are really nice.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I got Jubilee, Xavier and Blaastar from Big Bad, and they did a good job on them. Jubilation has some problems with her legs, especially the knees looking extremely skinny, but it doesn't ruin the figure. The coat and everything work quite well. Blaastar is Hulk/Apokolips big (not surpirsing with the re-use of the big body parts), and is quite impressive as a result mixed in among the regular figures. Xavier is the best of the bunch, though. The hoverchair is well scaled, plenty big, and his posability and hand pose allows him to convincingly put his hand to his temple in his classic stance. He looks really good that way, and the figure captures him perfectly. The jacket and shirt seem a tad thick, likely due to the small scale, but, again, it doesn't ruin the figure.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I haven't seen Hercules, Nova or Angel at retail yet.

I did grab a good Rogue and Longshot X-Men pack without any of the thigh articulations being all loose. Rogue is an awesome figure! I wish all the females were like her.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I haven't seen Hercules, Nova or Angel at retail yet.

I did grab a good Rogue and Longshot X-Men pack without any of the thigh articulations being all loose. Rogue is an awesome figure! I wish all the females were like her.
    I like Rogue, but I hate her face. Too bony and frail looking, I think they should have used the old female buck on her. Putting her with Storm, Psylocke, and Jean makes her look odd. The Hercules wave is awesome. All of the figures look great and have good paint apps. Puck is really fun to play with. I think I am going to pick up another Herc to try and make a He-man custom out of him.

Heroic Warrior

Marvel universe 3.75

Ok, I may be late to the party, but these are quickly becoming my favorite toys in years... Does anyone know if there's a forum set up somewhere they THOSE fans hang out/trade/sell? Doesn't look like the 'other discussion' forum here gets much traffic

There's a podcast called Marvelicious Toys (insightful, but annoying). They have forums I believe. Feel free to peruse my BST link in the sig!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I think my Stark Racing Armor Iron Man has two left legs. And somebody else has warped fingers. It's a good thing I'm mostly only buying them for all the extras they come with because it seems like there's a lot of issues with these.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior
    Mmmm... not really the thread I was looking for, but I guess it'll do in a pinch.

I was actually wondering if there is some sort of 'he-man.org' or 'Mattycollector.com' sites that is designed primarily for Marvel universe 3.75?

This is a fun place to hang out for he-man news... but come SDCC it seems we only get the pictures and news for MOTUC... Was wondering if anyone knew where the pictures for THESE tend to end up

There really isn't. TheFwoosh is a nice site to go to for Marvel 3 3/4 news though. ToyArk also has pictures up pretty quickly. Nothing exclusively dedicated to MU though.

It looks like the Iron Man 3 figures have no articulation. Or at least the Ghost Armor Iron Man doesn't have any. He looks unpainted also. The assemblers also have no articulation.

The line was definitely built to fail. I am of the opinion that the public has been saturated with too many Iron Man figures. Hasbro was apparently aware of this...

Yeah, the Iron Man 3 figures really disappointed me. I'd love to have some representation of those armors in 3.75'' form, but Hasbro's recent efforts are too poor for me to consider.

I think I might pick up one or two though. You figure a guy with a suit would store it in pieces to make it easier to put the suit on. So from that display perspective, the assemblers actually make sense. You could, of course, get the same effect by picking up an extra "real" figure and disassembling it, but I would find it difficult to destroy said figure once I have it in hand.

And the basic figures come with those energy beam thingies. I don't have any of those at the moment. I could use one or two to see if they work with the 2nd movie figures.

I'm a clearance fanatic, so I'm not fussy. These will be picked up just like everything else when the price is right
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; May 13, 2013 at 09:23am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    The line was definitely built to fail. I am of the opinion that the public has been saturated with too many Iron Man figures. Hasbro was apparently aware of this...
    I know I have been.

just wandering around the checklists... I count at least 45 iron man armors that have been released.

And that's NOT counting the Iron man 3 guys who aren't shown....

Some of them I love... but my tastes are always geared more toward the comic series... so I want all the 'official' armors I can get... but all the various movie ones that never saw the screen, and never saw a book?? Ugggg....

I want some more Iron man VILLAINS then more Iron man himself >.<