Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I know I have been.

just wandering around the checklists... I count at least 45 iron man armors that have been released.

And that's NOT counting the Iron man 3 guys who aren't shown....

Some of them I love... but my tastes are always geared more toward the comic series... so I want all the 'official' armors I can get... but all the various movie ones that never saw the screen, and never saw a book?? Ugggg....

I want some more Iron man VILLAINS then more Iron man himself >.

Yeah, you've got plenty of Iron Man 2 figures still floating around at a lot of stores. There's a few Iron Man's for lines like Avengers and MU. Then you have the flood of IM 3 stuff following closely behind all that. I was really surprised that they put out a line for the movie -- as others here can attest.

I just picked up the Hydro Shock figure just because I seem to be lacking any kind of translucent orange plastic in my weapons collection and I can use that repulsor blast of his for better IM figures. He has the articulation of a vintage star wars figure. He's custom fodder for sure
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior
    What I find kind of surprising... or humorus, is that in THIS property... the IDEA of varients doesn't bother me as much, its just the ones they've CHOSEN... I seem to universally HATE every movie version of Thor, from his own line AND avengers... However, the secret wars/gift set (classic) Comic ones I love. I realize his new armored version is the 'current' one, but I love the 'standard' Thor version, so I'm GLAD we got varients there.. For that matter, I'm still hoping for an Eric Masterson version of Thor... And a Thunderstrike... I'd kind of like a Dargo version too... Ages of Thunder?? never heard of it, don't care....

2020 Iron man?? That's AWESOME. I NEVER expected to get one of THOSE... Add in the SHOCK that 2020 isn't NEARLY the 'far flung' future it was intended to be... and its still a cool figure

One thing I'd LOVE to see... is secret Identity Figures. I always LOVED the old 'bruce wayne/batman' figures even though they KIND of sucked.

Now days, I think it would be a BLAST to get some peter parker, Tony Stark, Donald Blake, Steve Rogers and Matt Murdock in street clothes.

Not a whole WAVE at once... but one or two sprinkled in at random times would make my day!

Unfortunately, variants never seem to be designed because they would be popular. The only purpose seems to be mold reuse for the purpose of lowering production budgets.

I'm afraid all that remains of Hydro Shock Iron Man is his head and his orange neutron blast thingy....

I find it ironic that these crappy IM 3 figures can look up and none of the IM 2 figures seem to be able to

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone have the Captain America/Magneto pack?

Does he have the white Star on his back? Does his shield have the 'peg' that plugs into his back?

I've got the secret wars one, but with the utility belt pouches and the star missing... he's not QUITE my ideal Cap.

I love the blue on the magneto one, but can't really get a good look at the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody hear the rumors about an Eric Masterson version of thor?

I've been planning on doing a custom of him, but if he's actually in a 2013 wave, I can wait.

May still do a thunderstrike though

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone know a good place to get extra stands for these marvel universe 3.75 figures?

This Movie Series Captain America is amazing.

Not a huge fan of the character and really surprised at how much I like this figure.
    His shield is wonderful. The articulation is "good enough."

Ugh...
    Just picked up my first MU figures: Uncanny X-Men...so great!

I really held my nose up at them until i saw the rouge and it was all over for me. I love the height difference between the 3 too. Its little things that make a big impression to me.
    They are so much fun to me for some reason.

I will have to pick up the rest of the X-Men...Spiderman & his amazing friends...i think ill build a west coast avengers team & get cloak & dagger.

I take it Cloak & Dagger have only been named & not shown yet.??

Have they done a Jim Lee Beast or am i missing it!? I really only like thus version of him...

Ive decided Gambit, Psylocke, & Archangel will be my next 3!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

they've done a bunch of x-men so far. the cool thing about the line is that they often revisit characters to get multiple costumes out there. it gets a little maddening though. there have been a couple of times where i bought a figure, only to see a cooler version of the character released later.

the only beast that i've seen was the astonishing x-men beast. it's not my favorite look for the character, but i really liked the figure when i decided to buy it. i wouldn't be surprised to see a jim lee beast though. they've peppered his iconic x-men designs into the line over the years. i'm hoping that hasbro will decide to release an original x-men set. i love those original uniforms.

psylocke is still pretty easy to find in my area. you may be able to find that gambit/mr. sinister comic pack still. the only bad thing is that the gambit is a repaint from the wolverine movie line, and the articulation is a little different. i've only seen archangel a couple of times myself, and it was always at either a comic shop or a convention. you may have to pay a hefty markup for that one.

as far as cloak and dagger go, they've shown what they will look like, but i don't know when they're supposed to start showing up.

Cloak-and-Dagger.jpg

I am looking forward to Cloak and Dagger. To be honest, I feel like they've nearly forgotten about MU. The movie lines used to help supplement them, but the articulation is so poor on them now they don't. I saw the Wolverine figures, and was pretty uninspired. Silver Samurai might have been cool with a better paint job. The Ninja was just plain old boring, especially compared to the MU versions we already have.

I want Mockingbird, but not enough to buy variants of figures I already have. I have been mulling over getting the set with Rogue in the hopes we get a complete Jim Lee X-men team some day.

Most wanted upcoming figures are:

Valkyre
    Skurge
    Black and White Iron Man (surely there's a better name for this armor?)
    Mysterio

I might get Abomination and Elektra. Not sure.

The Iron Man 3 and various Spider-man lines are really clogging the shelves here.

I don't understand why the stores just don't blow them out. They are just $8 figures. Unless they have millions of them in a warehouse somewhere?

And now the small Superman figures are starting to take up all kinds of space.

Seriously, it is slim pickins out there right now. A walmart I went to this morning had only 1/4 of an aisle for action figures and a lot of those were this crap and other gimmicky "figures".

State of action figures does seem dire at retail. I'm excited that Thor 2 is going to have a decently articulated line. I didn't buy any IM3 3.75'' figures. BUT, I did see a pic of what looks to be an exclusive box set with a more articulated Mark 42 and a Tony Stark figure! I'm all over that.

yea i saw that too man... im pumped... i really wanted a mark 42...but just cant justify buying "assemblers"
    and finally a stark!!!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    State of action figures does seem dire at retail. I'm excited that Thor 2 is going to have a decently articulated line. I didn't buy any IM3 3.75'' figures. BUT, I did see a pic of what looks to be an exclusive box set with a more articulated Mark 42 and a Tony Stark figure! I'm all over that.

I don't understand how they could screw up a Spider-man line so badly. Some of the worst variants ever seen are in that awful line. I need to find somebody who has early Toy Biz figures. I used to think the Iron Man figures were worse until I picked up a few of them and realized they were much better.

My TRU has a Thor and an Iron Man (apparently exclusives) that come with light up bases that connect together. I'm thinking about picking those two up. Unfortunately, the Iron Man was shoddily painted or I probably would have picked him up already. Well, they are $12.99, but they look like good figures at least.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    yea i saw that too man... im pumped... i really wanted a mark 42...but just cant justify buying "assemblers"
    and finally a stark!!!!
    Assemblers are no more articulated than the regular ones outside of ball shoulders. Cool to play around with and switch parts on, though.

As for the more articulated figures mentioned, I haven't seen that. Anyone recall where they saw it? It would be nice to have the Mark 42 with some MU-like posability.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

"I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I just saw the Wolverine line today too and was like...ooookay??
    I did see the new Captain America. I ALMOST got him and wished i did now...hes got a great sculpt!
    I love Cloak and Dagger but i gotta be honest...Daggers costume should be more dagger looking. The paint app makes it look like a cross.
    Cloaks cloak is too small. It should be 2xs as big..
    Ill buy them non the less but do wish for those minor changes.
    I still have yet to build my x-men team...too many wants and not enough money!!
    I lost an archangel auction...ah-well.
    I really do hope we get a Jim Lee Beast. IMO he is the best version!

- - - Updated - - -

Can i just say again i should have got that Cap. America...UGH kicking myself right now!
    I think its the best Cap to date...
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Which Cap was that?

I agree about the Wolverine line. That poor, sad ninja in particular. Such a boring design. The MU Ninjas were much better. Silver Samurai might have been cool with a better paint app and more articulation.

Those Wolverine figures are like $12.99 at TRU. That's crazy. You can get a 6" figure (albeit somewhere else) for just a few dollars more

i dont know if he really is new...ive just never seen him...

UGH!

I thought i found a pic but it was the bigger marvel figure...but the scuplt was like the legends with the scales...

That Wolverine line is sad sad sad. i didnt even bother looking at the price...maybe if they were free!

Cap. Was on 9.99

I saw the X-Men set with Jean, Cyclops, Sinister, and angel but passed...not big on the uncanny costumes. Im Jim Lee all the way!
    The X-Men set was like 39.99

I was disappointed in the TRU...i did find MH though!

They did gave Rambo and i thought he looked really bad...
    They did have the Minimates Battle Beasts which are AwESOME!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait thats not right...he was 3.75 but he had that sculpt...i cant seem to find a pic online of the right one...
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; July 9, 2013 at 11:11pm.
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Oh, yeah, that's a great sculpt.

I passed on the X-factor set too. Not wild about them, and no Beast!
    I am still mulling over the West Coast Avengers set. I would only really need Mockingbird.

See i like comic version Hawkeye for some reasson.
    I always prefered West Coast Avengers.
    I like the inhumans set too but really only want black bolt...hes slick looking.
    My target has alot of those sets on clearance.
    Also the spider man and captian Britain set...for some reasson i dig that cap Britain.
    I said only X-Men, riiiight.
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

My Target had them on clearance, too. I already have Hawkeye and War Machine single-carded, which is making it harder to take the leap.

The Captain Britain figure is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    My TRU has a Thor and an Iron Man (apparently exclusives) that come with light up bases that connect together. I'm thinking about picking those two up. Unfortunately, the Iron Man was shoddily painted or I probably would have picked him up already. Well, they are $12.99, but they look like good figures at least.
    i have a hulk figure from that TRU set. the light up base is pretty cool. for the most part, i just stick with one version of a character and call it a day, and since the majority of these TRU exclusive figures have other versions i like, i tend to shy away from them. the only other one i may pick up is the black panther, as i don't have a black panther yet, but i like the figure from the beginning of the line a lot more.

i haven't done much toy hunting lately. is the wave with angel getting any easier to find? i think i only saw hercules and nighthawk at a comic book shop once. i really want an angel figure, and to a slightly lesser extent a nova figure.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    i have a hulk figure from that TRU set. the light up base is pretty cool. for the most part, i just stick with one version of a character and call it a day, and since the majority of these TRU exclusive figures have other versions i like, i tend to shy away from them. the only other one i may pick up is the black panther, as i don't have a black panther yet, but i like the figure from the beginning of the line a lot more.

Eh, I don't think I'm going to get them. They might not even be there anymore. Didn't really care for Thor's head sculpt and don't really feel like trying to fix the paint on IM.

I don't care about the bases really. I just like that Iron Man just because that's how I remember him from when I was a kid: yellow and bulky.
    I have a lot of Iron Man figures here all of a sudden, but none of them matches up.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    i haven't done much toy hunting lately. is the wave with angel getting any easier to find? i think i only saw hercules and nighthawk at a comic book shop once. i really want an angel figure, and to a slightly lesser extent a nova figure.

I have no idea. I usually only buy super hero stuff from movie lines. I still consider Toy Biz stuff to the best

I noticed my Target marked down the Mandarin 2-pack to $8.99 or something. I didn't get it though. I already have that Iron Man and don't really want a red Mandarin.

- - - Updated - - -

My scavenger instincts kind of overrode what I was trying to do here, which was to pass on this...

But I have to say that, at 50% off, this is a nice pack.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 13, 2013 at 09:49pm.

I had the green Mandarin already, but I bought this one too because it looked cool.