Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

I got the FF through Big Bad a few weeks ago.

YES, another important figure found! I always loved that costume. Though they've made it in the past, this is actually my first figure of the Scarlet Spider.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Found a cool backdrop piece at Big Lots today for MU figures!

Well dang son, tell us what it's called! I NEEDS that!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

LOL - it is very cool! I fully incorporated it into my MU display and it worked out very nicely.

Re: Awesome MU Backdrop at Big Lots!

Postby JonWesley » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:37 am
    Sorry, I was being horribly vague!

It's the Battlefield Playset. The brand seems to be called World Peacekeepers. I found some other pics online (I've already fully integrated it into my MU display.)

There's a large in-package pic here: http://phryz.com/images/World%20Peaceke ... EFIELD.JPG

They also have a neat Battle Command Post on the back of the box (but not at Big Lots that I saw):
    http://www.kidsarmyshop.com/army-toys/1 ... -post.html

Funnily enough, none of the websites listed on the box seem to be functional!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Found a cool backdrop piece at Big Lots today for MU figures!
    It looks like your Dr. Doom is busting a move in your pic, Jon Jon...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    It looks like your Dr. Doom is busting a move in your pic, Jon Jon...
    It must have been the clubby lighting.

AWESOME. Thank you! That set will take care of two big wants: an awesome bombed-out building background AND a table and folding chairs! I'ma hit Big Lots when I get the chance...

Here's my huge collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Widget

Love UR STUFF

Hey your pics are great, makes me want to start making some! I love Marvel and I love the Iron Man line of toys too. They have really done a good job of making the different armors. I'd like to see more villains, but then Iron Man's rouges gallery has never been the best, which is unfortunate.

But there are some pretty cool IM villains they haven't gotten to. The comic series of the IM2 line provided some great ones (Iron Monger, Mandarin, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man) but I'd still like to see Ghost, Blizzard and a few others. And Madame Masque! But since she's showing up in Marvel Legends it's hard to believe we won't see her in MU eventually.

Awesome pics Alexx! I'm a big Guardians of the Galaxy fan (this particular team) and love the set. I only hope they make more.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Awesome pics Alexx! I'm a big Guardians of the Galaxy fan (this particular team) and love the set. I only hope they make more.
    I had no idea who they were until I looked 'em up after buying this. I totally bought it for Starlord and the raccoon toting a gun. 'Course, after looking them up, I love 'em! Drax was made to kill THANOS, Rocket Raccoon drew me in after just seeing this comic panel, and Starlord didn't need to do much more than look cool, but it turns out his powers, suit, and gun are all cool too! I should probably look into the comics sometime.

I have all the Annihilation books in hardcover, and they are great reads. The GotG series that followed was fun as well.

I just found Luke Cage and Iron Fist and Captain Britain and Spider-Man. I'm getting annoyed with the two packs with characters like Spider-Man or Iron Man, because anyone that really collects this line already has a billion of those two. It's like the old JLU three packs with like another Green Lantern, Batman and one new character.

Luke Cage is one of my all-time faves, and this is the classic look for him. Mine had a shoddy paint job though. Most of the black paint was rubbed off the top of his head. I filled it in with Sharpie. The ties on the back of Iron Fist's mask stick up funny. I don't know if this is the case with all of them or just mine.

Captain Britain, I feel is too big. Nowadays, he's massive, but I felt like earlier, when he wore this costume, he was average size. The figure looks excellent, though.

I read an interesting article that revealed that the "Contest of Champions" miniseries from the early 80s was originally conceived of as a tie in to the Summer Olympics, until America withdrew from it and it had to be retooled. Having Captain Britain in this costume makes me wish they'd release all the International heroes from that miniseries... with the Summer Olympics coming up next year, it would make a great tie-in!
    1. Collective Man
    2. Shamrock
    3. Arabian Knight
    4. Sabra
    5. Darkstar
    6. Blitzkrieg
    7. Talisman
    8. Peregrine
    9. Defensor
    10. Vanguard

Or they could split them into smaller sets with other well-known characters like Sasquatch or "Savage" She-Hulk to help sell the more obscure characters.

I just got the last three variants that came out of the Iron Man 2 line (well, technically it was called Iron Man: Armored Adventures) and the are AMAZING. They only ever appeared online here.

First up, Shield Breaker just looks cool. The shiny yellow and silver looks amazing, and the blue shield looks great.

The Inferno armor is very cool. I have the 6'' Inferno armor, but I actually like this better. The faded gold paint on the piece looks great, and I like the extra armor.

And now, my favorite. I'm just going to say it. This is the coolest Iron Man figure ever (to me) deco-wise. I didn't realize he was made of somewhat translucent plastic. But this is the one I really wanted to get because of the cool chest deco. What I didn't realize was that when you shine blue LED light that piece just glows brilliantly. I was never able to get a great pic of it with my DSL, so I tried to snap a shot with my camera. It still doesn't show how awesome it is, but it gives you an idea.

So, a little bit of news for those of you interested in this scale:

The toyline for the new/reboot Spider-Man movie has been spotted abroad, and it WILL have a comics-accurate subline... The articulation on this is decidedly worse than the Marvel Universe line (just like the Avengers, Cap, Iron Man 2 and Thor toys) but it might be interesting to "fill out the ranks" of your Spidey rogue's gallery. A comics-accurate Doctor Octopus has been reported, which is pretty cool.

AWW, I wanted the Shield Breaker one and the clear purple one! That and some of the other unique ones that were supposed to come out...GAH. It would be fine if they never came out, but instead they just came out and friggin' dodged me and I doubt I'll be able to track 'em down easily without paying more than they're worth.

They were on clearance at BBTS when I got them! That was just a few days ago. You might be able to snap them up still.

Thanks for the heads up, but it looks like I'm too late! The purple one is sold out and the gold one is almost ten bucks for some reason. I like BBTS, but they often price by popularity, and that makes me hold on to my cash more often than not. Looks like they have those others I missed in one set, but they're 50 bucks and...well I can go without at that price. Oh well!

Ah, that stinks. Amazon has them, but I don't think they go for much cheaper than $9-$10 there because they were $9.99 MSRP I think.

Hm...maybe I'm just trying to consider previous prices. I know 3 3/4 figures are pretty much up to almost ten now, but I thought the Iron Man 2 figures were before that. Heck, I got a bunch of them, so you'd think I would remember...oh well. Maybe I'll break for a few. Gotta get used to these prices rising a guess...

I think the IM2 stuff was a bit cheaper. These were just from the Iron Man: The Armored Avenger line and I think they were a bit more expensive for whatever reason.

I have not been keeping up with the news intently but it seems the Marvel Universe waves, and news, are not coming out as much as the Marvel Legends.

Is there anything exciting happening with MU?