Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have not been keeping up with the news intently but it seems the Marvel Universe waves, and news, are not coming out as much as the Marvel Legends.

Is there anything exciting happening with MU?
    It's going to be exciting in the upcoming months. We had a somewhat dull period with repaint waves and lingering pegwarmers, but the last such wave is out and new 2-packs are trickling into stores. Upcoming waves will be the first time in some time that several all-new molds are introduced in a single wave! Also upcoming are even more two-packs with new characters, another team builder 3-pack and more.

Also we're seeing the launch of the Avengers and Amazing Spider-Man movie lines, which will offer more compatible figures for the 4-inch scale. The movie figures are a bit dissappointing, but they do have some comics-accurate figures happening, and the Spider-Man line will as well. Comics-accurate Doctor Octopus for one.

So overall a fairly good time for both Marvel lines!

Can you give me a link where I can get the news on the upcoming figures or more of a description of what is coming up?

Can you give me a link where I can get the news on the upcoming figures or more of a description of what is coming up?
    Sorry, but I don't have one. I collect news snippets from all over the web, including con news, marvelousnews, preorders on BBTS and such.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I've used itsalltrue before for checklists - I think they have a Marvel U one.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I've used itsalltrue before for checklists - I think they have a Marvel U one.
    Yes, they have a neat list. Another good resource for figures already out is Cool Figure Review.

The SDCC MU exclusive is revealed and it is awesome!

285598_320199111393366_1941033952_n.jpeg

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Wow! I don't even collect these anymore, but I'd have loved to have gotten my hands on that! (I'm just hoping for a similar set in Minimates!)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Radioactive Man looks a little bit too skinny but I will try and grab the set. The SDCC exclusives this year are going to send me broke. I usually only just get the MOTUC exclusive but this year I also want to get Jinx and now this set

I just hope it's easy to get on HasbroToyShop. Usually the MU ones have been very gettable, but some of their others have sold out in nutty amounts of time.

Here are much better official pics (click to enlarge greatly):

index.jpg
    04__scaled_800.jpegindex-1.jpegindex-2.jpeg

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Baron Frickin' ZEMO! This is an exemplary reason why I collect MU. We get characters in a few years that ML hasn't reached in a decade.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Indeed! I mean, BZ got a figure in ML but they didn't opt to go with this version for some reason. I'm a total MU convert due to character selection. I mean, I have 4 characters from Guardians of the Galaxy, including Star Lord right now. that's pretty awesome. I need to rearrange my MU collection soon. It's kind of overwhelming though. There's just a ton of characters now.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Sweet! Masters of Evil! Hasbro knows where the money is!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Damn, I'd love to get that Zemo! Been waiting ages for that version!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

i've been wanting a baron zemo figure. tiger shark, not so much. i don't care much for radioactive man either, but i'm a sucker for translucent plastic.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I just hope it's easy to get on HasbroToyShop. Usually the MU ones have been very gettable, but some of their others have sold out in nutty amounts of time.
    Hey Jon Jon...question. Do you know when does HasbroToyShop usually have their SDCC stuff go on sale?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Hey Jon Jon...question. Do you know when does HasbroToyShop usually have their SDCC stuff go on sale?
    You know, I don't really remember. I think it was a week or so after the show. They usually let people know beforehand though.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    You know, I don't really remember. I think it was a week or so after the show. They usually let people know beforehand though.
    Cool. Thanks. I must own that set if I'm to call myself a decent villain!

Very sweet box set. I especially love that they used Baron Zemo Jr's version of the costume.

It's changed quite a bit over the last 5 years. Hopefully it will be similar to who it was in 2010 & 2011.

In '07 & '08, HTS just kinda tossed stuff up on their website whenever they felt like it - probably as they got counts on what was left to sell. So exclusives got listed at 3am... or 6am... or whenever. Collectors started all-night threads to talk to each other while hitting F5, trying to avoid missing the exclusives. It was painful, to say the least. 2009 was a movie year for GI Joe, so there were tons of the SDCC exclusives. I don't know how HTS handled exclusives that year, because the GI Joe ones were readily available for months.

In 2010, HTS got more organized. They listed a couple of different exclusives (say a My Little Pony and a Transformer) ever hour or two. GI Joe collectors rioted when the Joe exclusive was listed... as sold out. Over the next week or so, HTS found an unsold box or two, but they were always listed randomly. Whoever happened to be online got them, purely by luck.

Last year, HTS waiting until the Tuesday following SDCC, to give themselves a chance to figure out what they still had for sale. They listed things the same way as in 2011. When the GI Joe exclusives hit, the checkout process slowed to a crawl (there was a TF/Joe crossover exclusive which definitely contributed to the slow down - and there's another this year). If you got to checkout with something in your cart that was now sold out, you had to remove it and start the checkout process over. There were order limits for each exclusive, but no limit on the number of times you could go through the order process. However, HTS stripped all "over the limit" items from orders before they shipped. Those extra figures were put back up for sale randomly.

My suggestions:
    - re-check the sales date on the Sunday of SDCC. It may change. Don't take Monday off of work until you're sure it's that day
    - find out what the order limit is ahead of time. It may not be posted on the HTS website
    - don't try to get cute and place multiple orders to bypass the order limit. Get a friend to help you or something
    - they'll sell what they have left. So keep in mind that if it sells well at SDCC, they may not have much available
    Last edited by ksensor; June 7, 2012 at 12:18pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    My suggestions:
    - re-check the sales date on the Sunday of SDCC. It may change. Don't take Monday off of work until you're sure it's that day
    - find out what the order limit is ahead of time. It may not be posted on the HTS website
    - don't try to get cute and place multiple orders to bypass the order limit. Get a friend to help you or something
    - they'll sell what they have left. So keep in mind that if it sells well at SDCC, they may not have much available
    Thanks for the info and the advice, sensor-ini! I remember last year getting the Star Wars SDCC Death Star set but missing out on the Starscream/Cobra Commander set. Hopefully it'll be easy for me as I only want one set and my workplace is pretty lax about internet use (taking a day off of work to order toys?! Madness!)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Thanks for the info and the advice, sensor-ini! I remember last year getting the Star Wars SDCC Death Star set but missing out on the Starscream/Cobra Commander set. Hopefully it'll be easy for me as I only want one set and my workplace is pretty lax about internet use (taking a day off of work to order toys?! Madness!)
    The Inferno has internet?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Yeah, I'd never take a day off just to order toys, but there are people who do - and boy do they get upset when the sale date gets moved!

Are you going to try for the HISS/Shockwave? I'd love to get one, but I think it'll go just as fast as Starscream Sky Striker did last year...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The Inferno has dial-up.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure Jersey does...

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Are you going to try for the HISS/Shockwave? I'd love to get one, but I think it'll go just as fast as Starscream Sky Striker did last year...
    Pics?

Pics?
    Sure thing! Frankly, I love this thing. I just don't think I'll be able to justify paying the secondary market price

GI Joe SDCC Exclusives At Toy Fair 2012

It's a purple & silver re-paint of the current HISS, with a new Shockwave-style gun mount.
    Comes with...
    - Destro in purple uniform
    - BAT in G1 Devastator colors
    - cart full of energon cubes
    - purple suitcase full of cash
    - 3 3/4" Soundwave w/ 3 cassettes

UUUUUGH I want that Shockwave HISS so bad. I know I won't be able to get it. Last time I tried to order SDCC stuff off the Hasbro site it FAILED. Way worse than any time I was ever ordering from Mattycollector. I highly doubt I'll be able to get this.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.