Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Any news about these guys at SDCC this year? Anybody know anything?

I'd like to know when Hasbro will finally make a Jim Lee Cyclops in this scale.
    We only got the classic Cyke so far. Not that I mind, I like the classic suit, but after that 6" abomination Toybiz made, I'd like to finally see a better proportioned Jim Lee Cyclops.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    I'd like to know when Hasbro will finally make a Jim Lee Cyclops in this scale.
    We only got the classic Cyke so far. Not that I mind, I like the classic suit, but after that 6" abomination Toybiz made, I'd like to finally see a better proportioned Jim Lee Cyclops.
    Did you see this one?

I set up an endcap of Marvel/Spider-Man figures yesterday at work. I opened probably six or seven cases of them and oddly enough only one had Havok in his current costume and regular Archangel. The rest were classic costume Havok and Death Mask Archangel. Just thought I'd share in case anyone is looking for them. Also, I found it odd that those two were labeled as "Fan Choice" winners, yet there was only one of each in each case. The heavy packs were Colossus, Juggernaut and that damn AIM soldier that I know is just going to sit there and sit there and still be sitting there next year at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I set up an endcap of Marvel/Spider-Man figures yesterday at work. I opened probably six or seven cases of them and oddly enough only one had Havok in his current costume and regular Archangel. The rest were classic costume Havok and Death Mask Archangel. Just thought I'd share in case anyone is looking for them. Also, I found it odd that those two were labeled as "Fan Choice" winners, yet there was only one of each in each case. The heavy packs were Colossus, Juggernaut and that damn AIM soldier that I know is just going to sit there and sit there and still be sitting there next year at this time.

Cool news! Finally the variants are getting out. They are probably heavy packing them because the regular versions have been in a past version of the wave.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Cool news! Finally the variants are getting out. They are probably heavy packing them because the regular versions have been in a past version of the wave.
    No surprise that my Target is getting them late! They get everything late! I JUST scored the JLU Batman Beyond 3-Pack and the villain 3-Pack with Cheetah yesterday... because someone returned them from another store! Mine never got them!

I think it's early by the standards around here! I've yet to see a wave beyond the the silver/red Iron Man wave from last year hit Wal-Mart and Target around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Did you see this one?
    Nothing is showing, but yes, I did see the SDCC pics just now.
    Awesome! Can't wait. Finally a Jim Lee Cyclops who doesn't look like an anorexic toothpick.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Yay, I found the TRU four pack from the Iron Man 2 line!

This is a really cool pack! If the drones aren't enough, a figure of Sam Jackson makes it all worth while.

Only drawback is the Iron Man figure, using the worst mold, the MK VI. Nothing I need to talk about there.

The Drones are so awesome! The package says "interchangeable weapons" and seems to point at the arms, but the arm weapons do not come off. The only thing you can "interchange" is the back mounted cannon, and that's just attached by a standard back peg. Otherwise, the move well save for the forward movement of the legs, but I don't find myself as bothered by that as I am usually. The feet even have the flip down stabilizers!

Now, the main event:

VERY cool figure! Perfect! The hands hold weapons very well, it's using a great mold (Beachhead top and some other bottoms) and the face is SPOT ON. I love this figure. If they sold him single packed you'd never be able to find him.

This is a great GREAT set! I'd have added a bunch of captions, but we're not allowed to swear on here (heck, I can't even swear in my file names anymore! Some of the pics won't show because it has to filter the name of the file that you don't see when the picture is up...)
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I saw that on TRU.com but I'm waiting hoping I'll see it at retail so I can choose the paint app. The drones look awesome! Love the detailing. I'm disappointed by Nick's jacket though. I'd much rather have had a sculpted one. The figure itself is great though.

Yeah, the jacket is just okay. He looks great without it, though! I'd show ya, but I had swearing in my filename for the picture and it filters that out now.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Marvel Universe (and other 3.3/4 Marvel figures)

Hey gang
    As most of you know, I live in the frozen north, in cold, distant Sweden. And over here, we don't really get many action figures in stores. Sure, they do the big movie lines, and Star Wars is perennially present, but for the smaller stuff we're out of luck.

Now, I am a huge fan of the 3.75 inch format for action figures. The Marvel universe of comics is another. So I've recently started peeking at the Marvel Universe toyline, naturally. We don't get these in stores at all, so I haven't ever seen any in person, only watched the odd review on the internet. However, I'm curious and tempted. I love the wide assortment of characters and the different costumes for each. And they look reasonably affordable.

The only iterations I saw of these locally are the Spider-Man and Wolverine movie figures (last year) and those had very limited character range. Lots and lots of Spider-Man and Wolverine variants.

Does anyone in the community collect these and can tell me their opinion? Worth it or not? What figures are good and bad so far? If I get into them I'll have to get them off eBay, which kind of sucks, but...

Anyway, discussion and any help welcome.

Mrs. SOB started to collect the new line of GI Joe and loves them. I decided to get back into collecting figures (It's been over 2 years since I was collecting classic MOTU), and I jumped into Marvel Universe. I'd been coveting these forever, always oogling them in the store. So a couple of weeks ago, I bought some when she bought some Joes.

I got Spider-man, Dr. Doom, Absorbing Man, Captain America, an AIM Agent, Thor and the Enchantress. I'm totally into them. The big guys (Hulks, etc) are impossible to find in the stores, so I ordered a Juggernaut online. And he's easilly my favorite character. He's such a GREAT figure. I want a Hulk and Red Hulk, but I'm worried now, because they aren't nearly as articulated as Juggy, so I hope I'll like them as much.

One downfall, however is that I'm 2 years behind, with, like... 8 waves a year! There are so many I don't have and alot seem hard to get so I've found myself at the mercy of eBay and the sellers. Some I'd love to have (and I don't collect and keep them on card and pack them away to get valuable, I take them out and play with them) are about $30!

High on my Christmas List is the 19" Galactus w/ Silver Surfer. He looks very pimp. I also want to get a hold of Sabertooth and Deadpool (comic versions) from the Wolverine Origin line. But those are more that are REALLY expensive. The Blob/Sabertooth 2-pack was in the clearance aisle at the Wal-mart I work at for about a year and a half for $9. Now it's gone and it's one of those $30 - $40 packs online. The Deadpool w/ a giant gun pack is still there for $9, and I plan on getting that soon, so I'll have DP in my set.

Another non-MU toy (but fits in) that I'd like to add is the Hulk-buster Iron Man from the Iron Man 2 line.

It sucks, I got into these 4 days after I posted my secret santa wishlist, or else my Wishlist would just say MARVEL UNIVERSE!!
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    Mrs. SOB started to collect the new line of GI Joe and loves them...and I jumped into Marvel Universe.
    You guys are the opposite of my wife and I. She is more into comic book action figures and I am more into GI*JOE. But she collects the old Toy Biz (pre-Marvel Legends) figures. They're not the most detailed figures but what she likes about that old line is that there are so many characters that got released, especially from X-Men.

I have thought about getting into this line but I just can't work it into the budget. If I start collecting at all I will just be cherry picking. I really liked the Wolverine that came with Human Torch in that Secret Wars 2-Pack. That figure almost got me into it.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Marvel Universe Wasp Question

Does anyone have the little Wasp figure that came with the Dr. Doom/Absorbing Man 2-pack? If so, how do you display her? It would be nice if she came with some sort of base. Usually I kinda set her straddling Cap's shield. Looking for good suggestions for when I finally get a display case for my Marvel Universe figures.

I do, but I don't have these figures on display. If I were going to, I'd prbably glue her to the shoulder of another finger.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got mine on the floor of one of the swivel cannon turrets of my Cobra Terrordrome. It won't display...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Can you just hang her up using fishing line?
    I want to smurf your smurf.

I used to collect these figures but I haven't been bothered with the last few waves.

I recently saw the upcoming figures including Cable, Apocolypse and Jim Lee Cyclops
    Has Hasbro completely redone the style and design of these? They look so much better than the earlier waves.

Luckily, we are only up to the Thor wave in stores here (which I already have) so I may be able to pick up ones I have missed but I want to be sure they are worth collecting again.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I used to collect these figures but I haven't been bothered with the last few waves.

I recently saw the upcoming figures including Cable, Apocolypse and Jim Lee Cyclops
    Has Hasbro completely redone the style and design of these? They look so much better than the earlier waves.

Luckily, we are only up to the Thor wave in stores here (which I already have) so I may be able to pick up ones I have missed but I want to be sure they are worth collecting again.
    MU has been steadily getting better. They've come a long way from their first couple of waves.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    MU has been steadily getting better. They've come a long way from their first couple of waves.
    I just hope they will revisit some of those earlier figures with better sculpts. I need a better Punisher.

I might start picking up a few again. I was supposed to just be an MOTUC collector because room will eventually become an issue but now I am back collecting GI Joe, Transformers classics and now MU.

I just wish I could find the most recent waves in stores! It's like the Vision/Jean Grey wave all over again. I've not seen Thanos or his wave nor the Mandarin and his wave in stores. EVER. And we never have gotten the promised restocks of the Vision wave nearly a year later.

Is the movie Black Widow ever going to hit? Hasbro has had horrible distribution with this line and even worse case packs.

I REALLY want a Deadpool for my collection. We had the Comic Series one in the clearance aisle at work for Wolverine: Origins, as well as a comic series Blob and Sabretooth. I've only been getting these for a few months so I'd never picked it up and I kept putting it off for some reason or another. Now they're gone, right when I want to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    I REALLY want a Deadpool for my collection. We had the Comic Series one in the clearance aisle at work for Wolverine: Origins, as well as a comic series Blob and Sabretooth. I've only been getting these for a few months so I'd never picked it up and I kept putting it off for some reason or another. Now they're gone, right when I want to buy them.
    Well then keep your eyes open for the upcoming Deadpool and Taskmaster comic pack! Hard to tell from that pic, but it looks like it'll be the best one yet.