Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 395

Thread: Marvel Universe / Iron Man 2 / Hasbro 3.75'' Figure Thread

  1. #151
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,569
    Uuuuuuuh... waitasec. Isn't Red Guardian a WOMAN?!

  2. #152
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,107
    I think there have been a lot of Red Guardians over the years. I thought the one in the box was the current costume (or, at least the last one I'd seen.)

  3. #153
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,331
    I got my Winter Soldier and Captain Britain yesterday from the Captain America line and I was mildly surprised. Both had wrist articulation (unlike my US Agent) but I found out that they do have lateral movement in their arms. Unlike MU figures, who have bicep articulation, the Captain America figures have an elbow joint that moves up and down as well as left to right. So that was a pretty cool discovery for me.

    As for the figures themselves, Winter Soldier is a definite improvement over his MU counterpart. But the Captain Soldier is only average for me. The only reason I got him is Excalibur, which I gave to the MU Captain Britain.

    Now, just waiting on Crossbones and Red Skull (with Cosmic Cube!)...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  4. #154
    Master of Dreams Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Uuuuuuuh... waitasec. Isn't Red Guardian a WOMAN?!
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...oyjtm/RedG.jpg
    There's been many Red Guardians over the years, ranging from WWII-era supersoldier, Black Widow's ex-husband Alexi Shostakov, Tanya Belinska (whom you pictured) who went rogue and became the nuclear-powered Starlight, and several modern successors. The costume has also changed for nearly every appearance, kinda like with the Crimson Dynamo armor.

  5. #155
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    There's been many Red Guardians over the years, ranging from WWII-era supersoldier, Black Widow's ex-husband Alexi Shostakov, Tanya Belinska (whom you pictured) who went rogue and became the nuclear-powered Starlight, and several modern successors. The costume has also changed for nearly every appearance, kinda like with the Crimson Dynamo armor.
    Are most of them men with no super powers? (Or y'know Cap level powers, at least.) I know the one I pictured was in The Defenders and could actually fly and had nuclear energy powers. She was the only one I was aware of until now.

    Anyway, I got the two TRU packs. The Frost Giant is indeed impressive! I was amused by how securely he had to be strapped into the plastic trays, like he was so hefty he might fall out. I REALLY wanted Bill Foster as Goliath, but I'm disappointed by the finished product. The V on his chest isn't as big as I think it should have been and WHY did they give him blue sleeves?! That's just plain wrong! I am really happy with Loki, though. His maniacal facial expression is perfect!

    I also picked up Gladiator, Apocalypse, Jim Lee Cyclops and Cable. I'm not going to open any of them, though. The only ones I want to open and play with are from the 70s and 80s. The later ones, I can appreciate, but I can do that with them still in the packages. (Yeah, Gladiator is from that time, but he's fairly obscure. I'm focused mainly on the big names, which is why I passed on Doc Samson.)

  6. #156
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,708
    New Cap style 2 packs are coming...





    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  7. #157
    Heroic Warrior bodine1231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Prairieville,Louisiana
    Posts
    89
    OOh,nice,no more crossbones hunting!

    Just got Apocalypse and Juggernaut in the mail,amazing figs,I just love the larger characters.





    Last edited by bodine1231; May 28, 2011 at 11:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #158
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Pretty cool Comic Packs but I don't like the Crossbones deco. I wonder if they could have made the vintage crossbones look with that figure?

  9. #159
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,331
    Ehh, I don't think I'll be getting those Captain America 2-packs. There's nothing there that interests me.

    But I did get my Crossbones figure yesterday and he's awesome! I love his look and the heft to his figure. My only gripe, and it's a minor one, is that there's no holster for at least one of his 3 guns so that he can carry all three at one time. I was hoping that his large machine gun would have come with a strap so he could carry it across his body. But, like I said, really minor stuff. Crossbones is a great figure!

    I also ordered the X-Men 6-pack and the K-mart 3-pack exclusive (for Red Guardian) from Amazon. I'm not too crazy about that version of Red Guardian but he may not come out again so I better nab him while the price is relatively good.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 29, 2011 at 11:58am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  10. #160
    Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    8,471
    I really hope we get a Baron Zemo (either one) out of the Cap line before too long.

    Picked up generic "Movie Cap" yesterday, I really like him. The design translates very well into plastic.

    So how hard is Red Skull going to be to find? Is he one-per-case?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

  11. #161
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Ehh, I don't think I'll be getting those Captain America 2-packs. There's nothing there that interests me.

    But I did get my Crossbones figure yesterday and he's awesome! I love his look and the heft to his figure. My only gripe, and it's a minor one, is that there's no holster fo at least one of his 3 guns so that he can carry all three at one time. I was hoping that his large machine gun would have come with a strap so he could carry it across his body. But, like I said, really minor stuff. Crossbones is a great figure!

    I also ordered the X-Men 6-pack and the K-mart 3-pack exclusive (for Red Guardian) from Amazon. I'm not too crazy about that version of Red Guardian but he may not come out again so I better nab him while the price is relatively good.
    That K-Mart pack has the best Cap coloration right now. But the paint on those packs is so batty, that you should go to Kmart and choose among them for the best paint.

    I don't think I would get those packs either. I just got a bunch of wave 2 Cap stuff for me and someone else.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  12. #162
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,331
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That K-Mart pack has the best Cap coloration right now. But the paint on those packs is so batty, that you should go to Kmart and choose among them for the best paint.
    I wish I could, Mega Sith. But all the K-marts in my area have closed down.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't think I would get those packs either.
    Now, if one of those 2-packs came with a more vintage deco of Red Guardian instead of a 3rd version of Winter Soldier, then I would definitely pick it up!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  13. #163
    Master of Dreams Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,120
    I'm gonna give those 2-packs a pass, since I am hoping for the (imo) superior single carded versions of all those figures. I'm dying for a Crossbones, but haven't been able to find one close to retail price yet. I'm also thinking of that Red Skull, even if the face is "off" for me.

    I hope the line continues. I'd be thrilled to see some awesome new stuff revealed at SDCC!

    And I kinda understand they wanted to give the Red Guardian different colors, now that the Soviet Union is kaputski. My most wanted Soviet Super-Soldier/Winter Guard member is Ursa Major, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Are most of them men with no super powers? (Or y'know Cap level powers, at least.) I know the one I pictured was in The Defenders and could actually fly and had nuclear energy powers. She was the only one I was aware of until now.
    From a real-world perspective she was the second ("replacement") Red Guardian. The first was Black Widow's ex-husband Alexi Shostakov, a test pilot whose death was faked so he could be trained as the Soviet counterpart to Cap. He pretty much had Cap's powers, but did not carry a shield. He died in his first story (though of course he's come back a couple of times since), and then the female Guardian took over. She was a dissident, not a loyalist, and left to join the Defenders, then got nuclear powers and became the mate of Sergei Krylov, the Presence (atomic-powered nuclear super-being) and then left for space.

    After Tania, the next Red Guardian was Josef Petkus, another man trained to be a counterpart to Cap. He was the first Red Guardian to carry a shield (Shostakov had carried a miniaturized "throwing disc" which looked like little more than a hockey puck, and Tania had no weapons). Petkus was a member of the People's Protectorate (at the time when the Soviet Super-Soldiers had gone rogue), and later became a member of the post-collapse Winter Guard, which united all Russian superhumans under one banner. Petkus started calling himself the Steel Guardian at this time, and adopted body armor. He was killed during the Dire Wraith infiltration.

    After Petkus, a couple of lesser-known people adopted the identity, meeting various grisly ends. The current costume which incorporates black was introduced at this point. After the death of the last of the "lesser" Guardians, Nicolai Krylenko (the mutant formerly known as Vanguard, son of Presence) took up the role of the Red Guardian.

    Oh, and a golden age Red Guardian who was the predecessor of Shostakov was introduced during the 80's. He was a golden-age counterpart of Cap who fought both with and against american superhumans during the second World War, and the cold war.
    Last edited by Sandman; May 29, 2011 at 12:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #164
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

    Nicolai Krylenko (the mutant formerly known as Vanguard, son of Presence) took up the role of the Red Guardian.

    So is this the current one depicted in the Age of Heroes book (the last I've seen him) that looks like this figure with this shield?

  15. #165
    Master of Dreams Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    So is this the current one depicted in the Age of Heroes book (the last I've seen him) that looks like this figure with this shield?
    I believe it is, though the last three or so Guardians have been indistinguishable.

  16. #166
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm gonna give those 2-packs a pass, since I am hoping for the (imo) superior single carded versions of all those figures. I'm dying for a Crossbones, but haven't been able to find one close to retail price yet. I'm also thinking of that Red Skull, even if the face is "off" for me.
    You don't have to worry about Cap Wave 2...

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  17. #167
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    I have had a whole bunch of MU come in the last week and I just got around to opening some;

    Apocalypse
    Jim Lee Cyclops
    Cable
    Thanos
    Giant Sized X-Men
    Loki
    Archangel

    I have to say, that Archangel is awesome. It is up there as my favourite figure in the line so far and basically that is all because of the wings. They really make the figure. I have the X-Force version on the way here from a fellow orger who picked it up for me.

    I will be picking up Crossbones, Red Skull and US Agent from a fellow collector tomorrow. I am almost caught up on MU so far, I just need to be prepared on parting with $100 so I can get Galactus

  18. #168
    Heroic Warrior bodine1231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Prairieville,Louisiana
    Posts
    89
    I just did reviews for Crossbones and Red Skull (check my sig) and I'll say that Crossbones is one of the most detailed sculpts in the MU. Red Skull is way more disappointing...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have had a whole bunch of MU come in the last week and I just got around to opening some;

    Apocalypse
    Jim Lee Cyclops
    Cable
    Thanos
    Giant Sized X-Men
    Loki
    Archangel

    I have to say, that Archangel is awesome. It is up there as my favourite figure in the line so far and basically that is all because of the wings. They really make the figure. I have the X-Force version on the way here from a fellow orger who picked it up for me.

    I will be picking up Crossbones, Red Skull and US Agent from a fellow collector tomorrow. I am almost caught up on MU so far, I just need to be prepared on parting with $100 so I can get Galactus

  19. #169
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,755
    I held off for a while but I caved and just recently got on the bandwagon. I just picked up the Marvel Secret Wars Hulk/Cyclops 2 –pack, Cyclops (90’s version), Cable, and Apoccalypse. I have 2 Wolverines (Giant size 35th anniversary and Secret Wars 2-pack version) and Secret Wars Iron Man coming to me through ebay.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  20. #170
    Heroic Warrior bodine1231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Prairieville,Louisiana
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I held off for a while but I caved and just recently got on the bandwagon. I just picked up the Marvel Secret Wars Hulk/Cyclops 2 –pack, Cyclops (90’s version), Cable, and Apoccalypse. I have 2 Wolverines (Giant size 35th anniversary and Secret Wars 2-pack version) and Secret Wars Iron Man coming to me through ebay.
    I'd avoid buying any of the older 2-packs as I've found those to be of lower quality than the single carded figures (although the newer ones have been much better).

  21. #171
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by bodine1231 View Post
    I'd avoid buying any of the older 2-packs as I've found those to be of lower quality than the single carded figures (although the newer ones have been much better).
    Thanks for the tip. I guess I got lucky since both my Hulk and Cyclops turned out great. A few of the figures from those Secret wars 2 packs represent the definitive look of the character for me: Hulk, Wolverine, Captain America, Magneto, and Dr. Doom. Beyond those few, everything else I will hunt down are single carded figures. Hopefully I'll get lucky with them as I did with Hulk and Cyclops.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  22. #172
    Demonlord of Evil Galmorzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, US
    Posts
    4,645
    Just nabbed Red Skull, Captain Britain (awesome, been wanting him), and Bucky's "Spin-Blade" Captain America (love his character).

    I have to say, though, that while I love Cap's sculpt, I hate that spin-blade monster of a shield. In fact, I'd like to replace it ASAP. Anyone have any good recommendations for doing that?
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

  23. #173
    Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    373

    Spider-Man: Stretch Stirke Venom 3.75" Figure

    Has anyone seen this Spider-Man: Stretch Strike Venom 3.75" figure in any of their local stores as of yet? I am really wanting this figure badly, anyone with any info please let me know. There is a photo of this figure below.

    [IMG][/IMG]

  24. #174
    Heroic Warrior bodine1231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Prairieville,Louisiana
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Wundar_Grayskull View Post
    Has anyone seen this Spider-Man: Stretch Strike Venom 3.75" figure in any of their local stores as of yet? I am really wanting this figure badly, anyone with any info please let me know. There is a photo of this figure below.

    http://<a href="http://i103.photobuc...eVenom.jpg</a>
    I heard that one doesn't have any articulation in the knees

  25. #175
    Master of Dreams Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Wundar_Grayskull View Post
    Has anyone seen this Spider-Man: Stretch Strike Venom 3.75" figure in any of their local stores as of yet? I am really wanting this figure badly, anyone with any info please let me know. There is a photo of this figure below.
    I've seen it. It's a cool figure, but it has a few drawbacks. First of all, as bodine says, no knee articulation. It has less articulation than a MU/Cap/IM2 figure overall, so Venom can't crouch or change position much. The sculpt is great, though, perfectly modeled after the Mac Gargan Venom.

    Second problem is that he's small. He stands a little shorter than many MU figures, and I always perceieve Venom as tall and bulky.

    Other figures from the Spider-Man line you should check out for your MU set are Sewer Clash Lizard and Monster Claw Carnage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •