Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whiplash: which head will you display?

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar

Whiplash: which head will you display?

Since there's been so much talk of She-ra and SDCC and other figures that poor Whiplash was forgotten. I recently saw a pic in Lee's of two WL's side by side and I gotta admit, I love 2002 more than vintage but for him, the vintage head looks superior by far. I don't know if it's because of the size difference or maybe cause I grew up with the vintage line. This will be the first time I choose vintage head over 2002. I'm kinda shocked! What about you folks?
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

This is the figure I'm waiting for at this point. I could care less about Keldor, She-Ra, or Marzo. Vintage all the way.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    With all the other 'Double headers' I knew from the 1st pics what head I was gonna use, but honestly with Whippy, I have no idea, will hafta wait til I have him in hand!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

A big fan of Slush Head
    Both! I am gonna buy two. He looks amazing.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Call me old fashioned...but vintage 99% of the time.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Just as with mer-man ill have to get a second one to display with each. But the 200X heads are skeletor's warriors,the others are just random characters of that race.

Even though I think the 200x head is rather cool, I am definately partial to ALL vintage head sculpts. I like the vintage spear, but HATE his 200x weapon... I think it is way to big for the figure and the paint colors just don't flow for me.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicfirefly View Post
    Just as with mer-man ill have to get a second one to display with each. But the 200X heads are skeletor's warriors,the others are just random characters of that race.
    The way I do it is this:

Vintage head=young version of the character. Mer-Man, Whiplash and Man at Arms vintage heads are their younger selves in the Great Unrest.

The 200x heads are the same character...just a few years along.

In my world, anyway!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

As of today I will use he Anime Hyperdetailed head, but I will use his vintage Spear. The Vintage head looks good but I need to have the fig in hand. (Incredibly enough I've been using Mer-Man's vintage head more often... Always believed I'd use the Cardback head.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

both heads of course!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

200X head. The vintage head grosses me out, especially in the Filmation cartoon.

I'll have both, but I like the vintage one better.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So far...and this is going to sound weird from me...but I have to go with the vintage head.

While I'm far from a purist, until I see some new pictures showing otherwise, the 200X head looks too fat for the vintage body type. So the vintage head wins...for now. If Whiplash had a fat body like he had in 200X, the 200X head would fit him better.

Keep in mind I am basing this off of that pic in Wizard magazine. MOTUC figures have a tendency to surprise you when you see better pictures and are holding them in your hands.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

I'm going with the vintage head for now as well. Like MGM pointed out, the 200X head just looks too big for the body based on images we've seen so far. The vintage head looks really cool anyway, so I'll be more than satisfied displaying him with that head.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Good thing I have 4 in my subs, so I can display both. But I am leaning more towards vintage though!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I had to get two Mermans so I could display both heads, but with Whiplash the vintage head is the way I'm going to go.

Vintage for me.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I'm leaning towards the 200x head, but I haven't seen the magazine pics that folks are talking about here, so if it doesn't "fit" the body, I will be reverting to the vintage. Both looked like really good sculpts from the early shots.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenpeace2012 View Post
    This will be the first time I choose vintage head over 2002. I'm kinda shocked! What about you folks?
    Yeah, I'm shocked too that you would make that choice, wp.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Vintage head for me.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This is also the first time I am choosing the vintage head/weapon over the 200X one. I like both, but the vintage design looks cooler to me. I will probably get two of him though.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    Sorry guys, but that vintage head always looked horrible to me, I mean what is going on there?

200x all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    The way I do it is this:

Vintage head=young version of the character. Mer-Man, Whiplash and Man at Arms vintage heads are their younger selves in the Great Unrest.

The 200x heads are the same character...just a few years along.

In my world, anyway!

That's a cool idea. That's definitely how I think of the MAA heads.

I loved Whiplash in the Filmation too, and I loved the vintage figure. He was definitely a favorite. I remember when his name appeared on the back of the mini-comics and we had no idea what he'd look like. Then he was released!! I LOVED him!!! The tail was AWESOME!!

Anyway, I did not like Whiplash in the 200X toon. To me, he was WAY too redefined. Whiplash was intelligent in the Filmation toon, and I like that. I hated that he was a doofus, like Clawful, in the 200X toon. Large, hulking and scary doesn't automatically equal 'doofus.'

SO, vintage head all the way... but I'm sure I will have fun switching them around just for the heck of it!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

100% vintage all the time.

Elder Councilman
    2002 all the way; I loved his upgrade in that series. I like the vintage figure, but nowhere to the extent of his '02 look.

I also gotta say it: the way he looked in the Filmation series...it was almost like a lizard version of Fred Flinstone; take a look and tell me I'm wrong
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room