Thread: Megator, Whos side is he on?

Megator, Whos side is he on?

After reading Tytus' Bio and knowing the Pre-Ternia Storyline. We have at least 2 Crue's of viliians. That we know of. The Horde and the Snakemen. So did Megator side with one of these or did he work on his own. Or maybe even an unknown character known to us of yet.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm going to go with the evidence at hand (vintage box art) and say that Megator fought alongside the Snakemen. Was he a member of their kind? I don't think so. It was just a loose affiliation in my opinion. I believe he was a longtime rival and enemy of Tytus in Preternia and saw an ally in the Snakemen (who Tytus was seen beating on in the vintage artwork). He recognized the potential of the Snakemen to aid him in destroying Tytus. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; June 4, 2010 at 11:57am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Just to break stereotypes of the brainless mamoth Blockbuster types, maybe Megator was a highly intelligent evil giant green ogre who worked for himself and the achievement of his own twisted plans to obtain the secrets and power of the Council for himself and to rule all of Preternia. Maybe the evil Megator determined he needed to form an alliance with the Snake Men to achieve his design to defeat King Grayskull and his allies - not to mention repell the threat to his unholy ambitions posed by Demo-Man, Hordak and the denizons of the Evil Horde.

Megator could have been the Skeletor of his time!

My version - Good 'ole Megator lived the same county Tytus lived, they were probably two lovely neighbors too. But Meggie could not raise his donosaurs as beefy as those of Tytus and that made him envious to the point of getting him completely insane the day Tytus won the "beefiest cattle" annual prize at the most prestigious eternian contest. You know that rivalries and grudges come out of small things after all...

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Edit on the bio here...

Evil Lyn had Skeletor's baby, and sent him to the past so that he didn't find out.

Demons and witches make unpredictable babies, and yellow and blue makes Green, that's all I'm getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Edit on the bio here...

Evil Lyn had Skeletor's baby, and sent him to the past so that he didn't find out.

Demons and witches make unpredictable babies, and yellow and blue makes Green, that's all I'm getting at.
    Yellow and Blue make Green! I just spit out my Kool-Aid!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    I'd say an all round evildoes, mostly self serving. for reasons of convenience he probably got along better with the snakwsmen that, in the old toons, were not a bunch of racists and nihilists like in the myp show, but rather a MOTU version of the pragmatic snake people you find in some Conan novels.
    The horde is far too military minded, in a modern, rather fascist and quite unimaginative way. I find it hard for "star players" and freelances to fit in that frame.

I have to agree with many here that Megator was likely allied with the Snakemen. I like the idea of him being more crafty and nefarious than he looks, but I wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed really) if he is simply a big, mean giant with a temper. Perhaps the Snakemen twisted and corrupted a once jolly green giant...?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Yea I would go with the old Box art as well and seay the Snakemen.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think it was more than likey the Snakemen. I'm really interested in reading his bio. I think it will answer a bit on what happened in Preternia.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Already been said, but I agree. Box art as story so Snakemen. Tytus fighting the snakemen, Megator fighting He-Ro. Seems to make sense.

I like the smart angle Swanmarsh brought up. I like to think the snakemen are too evil and proud to take help from a non snakeman, except Megator was a successful vilian in his own right and they decided to have him on thier side rather than fight him as well. Maybe he came to them, maybe when they lost to Tytus they enlisted him.

I'd also add that as I imagine the Giants all comming from basically the same place, (just because) and that place is on Eternia I would gather, I would not put him on the side of the Horde, not the least of the reason that Megator in Preternia predates the MYP 200x series placing Hordak back in the ancient times, but the snakemen were evidentally. So it feels right and less retcon-ny.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I'd like to think Megator was working on his own. Why would a huge giant ogre need to work with a bunch of puny little guys for anyway? He can more than hold his own... he killed Tytus didn't he?

now the question would be, who killed Megator.... or was it like the 'death of Superman' thing, where tytus had a few last words before dying?
    anyway, to me, Megator will be on his own, just like the myp giants were... imo the giants would see anyone smaller than then as inferrior and not worthy of taking orders from. but that's just me.

i guess if he did work with anyone, I think it'd be the snakemen... they're all green, so they have that much in common. i suppose leech & megator could hang out together though.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    I'd like to think Megator was working on his own. Why would a huge giant ogre need to work with a bunch of puny little guys for anyway? He can more than hold his own... he killed Tytus didn't he?

now the question would be, who killed Megator.... or was it like the 'death of Superman' thing, where tytus had a few last words before dying?
    anyway, to me, Megator will be on his own, just like the myp giants were... imo the giants would see anyone smaller than then as inferrior and not worthy of taking orders from. but that's just me.

i guess if he did work with anyone, I think it'd be the snakemen... they're all green, so they have that much in common. i suppose leech & megator could hang out together though.
    Well in his bio, Tytus died stopping Megator. So it just depends on how he stopped him. Whether he killed him while being killed or just imprisoned him, but died from his wounds?

As for the Topic...I think Megator was just a general threat to all of Eternia. But he might end up being a form of golem or creation of King Hsss in the MOTUC bios-world. Which I don't think would be terrible.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I don't see why Megator would be working with the snake men. I think he'd have his own agendas.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Definitely Snakemen.

Megator gets revenge on Tytus for vaccuuming King Hiss's head.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Maybe he's green because King Hsss tried to turn a regular giant into a giant snake with that artifact that changed Teela into Snake Teela. Maybe megator was good or maybe he was created magically and is just a big monster or robot lol
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

In an Italian catalogue, if I remember correctly, it is stated that Megator is an ally to King Hiss.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

I personally want to see Megator as a henchman of a greater evil, maybe another god-like evil giant that is as powerful as Procrustus. That would also explain the alliance between Megator and Snakemen if they all serve under a new, powerful villain. (The Unnamed One, maybe?)

I just think that it will be really cool to see He-Ro, the most powerful wizard in the universe, fight a god-like evil giant.

The Horde weren't even in the original POG storyline were they?
    So that only leaves the snakemen (or time traveling Skeletor!).

Although there's nothing to say he wasn't a loner who had a problem with He-ro and Tytus.
    There's no real clues on his design except the skull on his armour. But that seems to be the universal symbol for "Bad-ass"

Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    The Horde weren't even in the original POG storyline were they?
    So that only leaves the snakemen (or time traveling Skeletor!).

Although there's nothing to say he wasn't a loner who had a problem with He-ro and Tytus.
    There's no real clues on his design except the skull on his armour. But that seems to be the universal symbol for "Bad-ass"
    We do know from the old mini-comics that Hordak helped to build the 3 Eternia Towers so he (and presumably the Horde) must have been around during the battles between He-ro, King Grayskull and the Snake Men.

Also, I seem to recall it was stated in MOTUC bio-canon, maybe in Tytus' bio? (I forget ), that there was a truce between the free people of Preternia, the Horde and Snake Men, during which stage the Eternia Towers were constructed.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I think Megator serves the same master as Hiss.. We know Hiss served an unnamed one in Preternia. Perhaps the unnamed one uses Megator as his muscle to get Hiss to do his bidding.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ultimately I'd say he would be a servant of the Snakemen. I would take a guess that the giants would have been having their own thing going on. Maybe 2 factions that were fighting and when the Eternian battles with Hordak and Snakemen came along, the giants started siding up with others, or being forced to in other cases.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Im with the idea of a powerful, evil and inteligent giant that act on his own. He can eventually ally with Hordak or Hiss if they help him in his plans.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    We do know from the old mini-comics that Hordak helped to build the 3 Eternia Towers so he (and presumably the Horde) must have been around during the battles between He-ro, King Grayskull and the Snake Men.

Also, I seem to recall it was stated in MOTUC bio-canon, maybe in Tytus' bio? (I forget ), that there was a truce between the free people of Preternia, the Horde and Snake Men, during which stage the Eternia Towers were constructed.
    That's right, I forgot it was mentioned Hordak help build central tower.
    Was there supposed to be links between the POG toyline and Etenia playset?

I guess in this new canon Tytus helped build the Graykull tower and I presume the Snakemen are responsible for Viper tower.

I wonder if all this happened before He-ro's death?
    Also it's mentioned Tytus fell to megator at the first ultimate battleground.
    Was this also the battle in which Hordak was sent to Despondos and Grayskull killed?