Thread: ThunderCats by PrototypeZ Studios

ThunderCats by PrototypeZ Studios

ThunderCatsLair.org is reporting an update on the ThunderCats line.

In December of 2013, PrototypeZ Studios announced that it had secured the ThunderCats license to produce resin model kits of the classic characters. Since then, fans have eagerly awaited more news about the line. ThunderCatsLair.org is pleased to be the first to report that progress on the line is underway.

Erick has told us that he’s busy finishing Lion-O and has also started working on Panthro. He’s hoping to have Lion-O approved by Warner Brothers in October and then production begins. These teaser images that we’ve shared here are 3D model renderings to tantalize fans and collectors.

Full story here

Last edited by grizzlor; September 2, 2014 at 09:30am.
    Site Director of ThunderCats.Org

Heroic Warrior
    glad to see the thundercats line is not dead.

I'm not interest in this.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    You need to fix your hyperlink in the original post.

I would be interested in this if I had the money for it.

I can't even afford all of the MOTU stuff being released to start back in to other lines that I love to collect.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    If the sword in dagger form was a 1:1 model id be in.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Not interested. We already have Mezco and at a fraction of this price. and already painted...and put together...

no idea who this company is, but I just wish Mezco would up their production schedule a little. we already have an amazing lion-o, panthrom, mumm-ra cheetara from them. I'd love a Thunder tank, Snarf (1:1) Ma Mutt, Slythe, etc...

I also wish they'd get the turtles line. unlike playmates, they seem to understand how to do things right with regards to classic designs.

just saw the slythe and vulterman sculpts. Slythe looks like he's having an acid trip. VM looks OK, I guess...but I hope these are not stylized..I want something that looks like it came right off the cartoon.
    Last edited by Shredder; September 2, 2014 at 12:34pm.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Mezco is pretty much done with Thundercats sadly. Their not finishing up their line, so as usual Tygra gets left out. We got 2 Lion-o's, 2 cheetara's, 3 Mumm-ra's, but No Tygra, similar to the POP figures. Everyone whos handled thundercats has been a utter failure at this licence so far.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Everyone whos handled thundercats has been a utter failure at this licence so far.
    That's why I hitched my wagon to the Minimates' star. They got to all of the core heroes & villains, and even tossed in a few Berbils. I know that's not ideal for everyone, certainly, but for me it was absolutely perfect to have some kind of representation of the Tcats - without tracking down the originals.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    That's why I hitched my wagon to the Minimates' star. They got to all of the core heroes & villains, and even tossed in a few Berbils. I know that's not ideal for everyone, certainly, but for me it was absolutely perfect to have some kind of representation of the Tcats - without tracking down the originals.
    YES times a million! That line was perfect! We got extra parts to change things like young jaga, good grune, etc.... random villans (The wolfrat!!), it was just SO good! Its a shame their not continuing that! We coulda used Captain Shiner, Hachiman and a Mandora. No one gives Mandora any love! Oh and the Lunatacks woulda been ideal as a pack... shame that boat sailed too.

The problem is whenever Thundercats items get released, it gets little press, and its just a "hey remember this?" kinda marketing. Which overall means we're gunna keep seeing the same incomplete crap over and over again till someone decides to go full foward with a toyline that offers a end game plan as its first step.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    They definitely *could* have gone further (I've always had a soft spot for the Snowman), but I'm actually a little surprised they managed to get as far as they did, so no complaints. And at least they nailed the heavy-hitters. (Such as Tygra, ahem, ahem.) It would have been awful to have, say, the Tuska Warrior and NOT Tygra.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Everyone whos handled thundercats has been a utter failure at this licence so far.
    Maybe that says more about the property than those trying to make the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Maybe that says more about the property than those trying to make the product.
    Could be, but the return was a huge hit and stayed pretty solid among teens/adults. Who knows if it appealed to kids cause they kept just messing the time schedual up and putting it on hiatus. WB legit do not understand their licences other than the main DC stuff. Thundercats is a very strange market to judge because nothing has ever been truely worked on with their licence, the comic was a hit for a while until it brought rape and murder into it.... Thundercats should be slightly dark, but never cross the line by killing a main player. Its suppose to be a fun action show that pushes creativity, WB doesnt get that, they never will.

As for the mini's, oh man! I forgot Snowman!!!!! The original mini snowman that came with snowmeow would look cool as hell with the minimates!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I don't think the companies are at fault- I just think Thundercats is too niche of a nostalgia line to really sell too well.

Just imagine TCats' licence in Four Horsemen's hands....

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Thats where it SHOULD be. And with a well adverstised kickstarter sold as 3 packs 1 good, 1 bad, 1 side character. Keep it heavy and knock em out quick!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Oh, I do. Every. Single. Day. of. my. life...

I continually have this weird dream where the 4H are given the license to do both ThunderCats and Silver Hawks figures... and they are released as one cohesive line for some reason? Crazy I know, but damn, that would rule!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Will we ever get a Thundercats Classics type line? Who has the license for action figures? I hope that it isn't Bandai.

Could be, but the return was a huge hit and stayed pretty solid among teens/adults. Who knows if it appealed to kids cause they kept just messing the time schedual up and putting it on hiatus. WB legit do not understand their licences other than the main DC stuff. Thundercats is a very strange market to judge because nothing has ever been truely worked on with their licence, the comic was a hit for a while until it brought rape and murder into it.... Thundercats should be slightly dark, but never cross the line by killing a main player. Its suppose to be a fun action show that pushes creativity, WB doesnt get that, they never will.

As for the mini's, oh man! I forgot Snowman!!!!! The original mini snowman that came with snowmeow would look cool as hell with the minimates!
    yeah....the thundercat comics where tooooo dark to be fun. Now the same is true for the He-Man comic. When you have a big splash page of a murdered king grayskull that would put an R rated Soprano's episode to shame...well, the producers just don't get what made the property fun. I am SO sick of this dark and gritty is cool phase we are going through right now. and personally, I blame the over rated Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns.

I never cared for the mini's. I don't consider that a true action figure line...just an accessory.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe one of them is reading right now and can do a sculpt just to prove us right in his spare time ;o).
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I posted this in a different thread a long time ago, but I had a dream that the Tcats were released in a modern line like MOTUC by the 4H.

In the dream I was privy to the first year releases and it was the standard, 12 figs and 1 large scale item. 4 Heroes, 4 villains, 3 wild cards (things that never had toys). The Wild Cards for the 1st year were the best! Claudus (with a young head and old head.) and Jaguara with gyroscope and a Lunatak.

Year 1:
    Lion-O
    Tygra
    Kit with board and Snarf
    Snowman of Hook Mountain
    Mummra unleashed
    Slithe
    Vultureman
    Grune (Good symbol and tcats symbol)
    Claudus
    Jagara
    Alluro
    Bonus: Spirit of Jaga
    Oversized: Nosediver or Tug Mug

Needless to say, it was an awesome dream.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    Year 1:
    Lion-O
    Tygra
    Kit with board and Snarf
    Snowman of Hook Mountain
    Mummra unleashed
    Slithe
    Vultureman
    Grune (Good symbol and tcats symbol)
    Claudus
    Jagara
    Alluro
    Bonus: Spirit of Jaga
    Oversized: Nosediver or Tug Mug
    What I wouldn't give.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Will we ever get a Thundercats Classics type line? Who has the license for action figures? I hope that it isn't Bandai.
    Bandai still holds the license, yes.
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

What makes you believe that Bandai still holds the license?
    Site Director of ThunderCats.Org