Page 13 of 130 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Also, I just saw that the Day at the Maul outfits are available in the US, they just come as separate outfits, not dressed dolls.
    Yeah I have seen the outfit packs, if thats all then I won't worry about importing
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I wonder if it is too early to start on a monster high.org LOL. Just found back packs pencil cases eraser packs lunch tires. So they are pushing monster high even more this coming fall it seems.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    I wonder if it is too early to start on a monster high.org LOL. Just found back packs pencil cases eraser packs lunch tires. So they are pushing monster high even more this coming fall it seems.
    Did you get the sticker book and stickers, Jill was all over those last month

Now they just need to go ahead and greenlight an actual cartoon, the webisodes are just teasing the potential.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Did you get the sticker book and stickers, Jill was all over those last month

Now they just need to go ahead and greenlight an actual cartoon, the webisodes are just teasing the potential.
    No missed the stickers and sticker books though we got the sketch pad. But yeah a tv series is a must at least the new ghoul at school special that aired last year got released on dvd with the last dance wave. It's a small start

Btw I hate the auto correct on these tablets LOL how it typed in tires in my last post I do not know.....
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall

Has there been any talk of either rerunning last year's special or releasing it on DVD for Halloween?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Has there been any talk of either rerunning last year's special or releasing it on DVD for Halloween?
    It's a pack in with the dawn of the,dance Ghoulia and Duece think there's one more doll in the wave as for a full dvd release I hope it gets one soon.

It's a pack in with the dawn of the,dance Ghoulia and Duece think there's one more doll in the wave as for a full dvd release I hope it gets one soon.
    Thanks. Are the webisodes on it as well?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Thanks. Are the webisodes on it as well?
    Have not opened one yet to see all the dvd says is new ghoul at school which is the title of the special. Hey Mark you open one of Jills yet to check then seal it again like you did that other one.....

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Hey Mark, my wife recently got into these dolls too, and I admit I really like the webisodes and think the toys are cool. Anyway, I saw the two Day at the Maul dolls in a Meijer store today while I was trying to hunt down Abbey Bominable for my wife. They come in smaller boxes like the Dead Tired dolls. Just FYI, so you don't have to import if you don't want to. The outfits are mostly the same as the ones that come in the fashion pack, but have very subtle variations, like the argyle on Draculaura's socks.

Okay I opened a Dawn of the Dance wave two doll and just watched the DVD. Nice basic menu with the Monster high fight song playing over and over ot a some what techno beat. MIghyt be the same. the Menu is cute it has a bit of a strobbing effect from the dance hall the girls are in. The girls Cleo, Lagoona, Ghoulis, Frankie Draculaura and Clawdeen are all in a group shot in their dance outfits. The show itself is the Halloween special that aired last year in widescreen on the DVD, VERY nice quality, for a pack in DVD, though no Music video at the end, or any extras.

Oh and we found Spectra at Toys R Us today. No clue what type assortment she was in but tons of Abbeys were just on ebay today for about $26.99 at lowest buy-it-now each which really isnt too bad considering Toys R Us sells them for about $21.99 each for basic dolls I think now. SO not too bad of a mark up.

Okay we haven't opened up Spectra yet waiting on a second, but we are both loving the transparency of her, seems like over half of her is almost see through showing off her being the daughter of a ghost very cool. And it shows Mattel seems to be behind this line 100 percent. Now to get a cartoon rolling and the webisodes onto DVD Also I have been looking at the head/face, Wendy swears it's a new sculpt or at least some work has been done to it to make it look like a new sculpt. Anyone else notice that Spectra';s head looks like a new mold, or are we just seeing things. Maybe cause it is visually the best doll yet we think. Now for Abbey sooner or later
    Last edited by MOTUfan; September 2, 2011 at 01:19am.

Okay we haven't opened up Spectra yet waiting on a second, but we are both loving the transparency of her, seems like over half of her is almost see through showing off her being the daughter of a ghost very cool. And it shows Mattel seems to be behind this line 100 percent. Now to get a cartoon rolling and the webisodes onto DVD Also I have been looking at the head/face, Wendy swears it's a new sculpt or at least some work has been done to it to make it look like a new sculpt. Anyone else notice that Spectra';s head looks like a new mold, or are we just seeing things. Maybe cause it is visually the best doll yet we think. Now for Abbey sooner or later
    Y'know I think I agree about the sculpt. She does seem to have sharper cheek bones, which in a way makes her look older. I thought that, but convinced myself that they'd just painted it in a way that it looked different than the others.

Walmart is starting to make room for new stock, I spied the older bed sets (Dracu/Frankie) for $17 and the Beach dolls for $9 this morning.

Good news that Abby is showing up, Jill will be excited.

I ordered a few SDCC Ghoulia's from Matty, anyone know whats going on with them. It's now a month and a day since that order was placed. Has anyones orders shipped yet?

I ordered a few SDCC Ghoulia's from Matty, anyone know whats going on with them. It's now a month and a day since that order was placed. Has anyones orders shipped yet?
    Mine shipped a while ago, I know they had some stock problems with Staypuft and Ghoulia might be the same

Did you call Digital River Corp yet to inquire about it? If not go to the MOTUC forum and I have posted the phone number like 10 times lol

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I can't read back through the entire thread ..... A Store here in the North West called fred Meyer has a Frankie and Draculara that i've never seen mentioned anywhere. The boxes are the same size as the Gloom Beach and Dead Tired assts. There are no designations as to what wave or asst they are from and they only list the other on the back of the packaging.

Figured I'd bring them up for the completists.....

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I can't read back through the entire thread ..... A Store here in the North West called fred Meyer has a Frankie and Draculara that i've never seen mentioned anywhere. The boxes are the same size as the Gloom Beach and Dead Tired assts. There are no designations as to what wave or asst they are from and they only list the other on the back of the packaging.

Figured I'd bring them up for the completists.....
    I think those are the day at the mall dolls, basically the fashion set but with dolls (the fashion set also has more accessories). I found them today at Big Lots and picked them up. I think this is what you were talking about

Also I have been looking at the head/face, Wendy swears it's a new sculpt or at least some work has been done to it to make it look like a new sculpt. Anyone else notice that Spectra';s head looks like a new mold, or are we just seeing things. Maybe cause it is visually the best doll yet we think. Now for Abbey sooner or later
    Spectra's head sculpt is brand new! So far each new character has had a unique head sculpt. In some cases like Lagoona, new leg and arm/ hand sculpts.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think those are the day at the mall dolls, basically the fashion set but with dolls (the fashion set also has more accessories). I found them today at Big Lots and picked them up. I think this is what you were talking about

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/..._5005260_n.jpg
    Those look like the ones (I can't be positive w/out seeing the dolls again). Like I said, just wanted to let the completists out there know what they were up against.

Wow, crazy to see how much love this line is getting here! I have to admit, they've been off my radar since they are dolls. Not that I wouldn't buy a doll, mind you, I just don't really collect them. But I keep seeing these at TRU when I'm passing them by on the way to the action figure line because the design on the packages is so eye-catching. I kind of think the concept is great and I'll be honest I was THIS close to picking a couple up of the ones that seem to have the coolest design. I just can't decide if I want to pick up yet ANOTHER line. I should probably resist...shouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Wow, crazy to see how much love this line is getting here! I have to admit, they've been off my radar since they are dolls. Not that I wouldn't buy a doll, mind you, I just don't really collect them. But I keep seeing these at TRU when I'm passing them by on the way to the action figure line because the design on the packages is so eye-catching. I kind of think the concept is great and I'll be honest I was THIS close to picking a couple up of the ones that seem to have the coolest design. I just can't decide if I want to pick up yet ANOTHER line. I should probably resist...shouldn't I?
    It's like you wrote exactly how I feel about this line.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Just a word of warning, once you start you can't stop. My wife just wanted a few but now she had to get all of them and I am infatuated as well.

There is something about them that transcends dolls, they are so well made and the license is top notch (basically the Universal Monsters).

The funny thing is even with all the other SDCC stuff i think my toy of the convention was the Ghoulia, she just came with so much stuff and had so much effort put into her I am ecstatic.

I broke down and bought Abbey on eBay. Whereas Spectra appears to have a new head sculpt, Abbey has new hands. They remind me of the original Skeletor's! They are more claw-like and monstrous than the other girls'. (Plus, she's blue.) Her skin is actually glittery! (Like ice, I suppose.) I believe she has the same head-mold as the other non-Spectra girls. Her hair also has some iridescent sparkle to it. It reminds me a lot of Danse from the Jem line, with its white, blue and pink streaks, plus the sparkly strands throughout. Her outfit looks very similar to the new Clawdeen's. Her dress has an almost identical 80s-inspired, geometric pattern, just rendered in different colors (in this case, blue, black, white and pink) and even has the same type of contrasting hemlines. I LOVE her fur boots! She also has a fur shrug, headband and arm warmers. And she's wearing shimmery pink panty hose, which tie in to her sparkly skin.

The one thing I don't like is her mismatched earrings. She has a blue "icicle" (I guess that's what that is) earring in her right ear and a pink snowflake in her left. Is that a "thing" now? Are young girls wearing mismatched earrings?

Here's a crappy photo I took on my phone.

Attached Images Attached Images

Man I want that doll, Monster High has been using Abbey more and more in its webisodes so I am guessing Mattel is getting her out for Halloween.

I found Spectra and Abby at TRU on Saturday. They have 2 displays for Monster High at this TRU. I picked up a Spectra at one, walked to the other, went back and they had just stocked Abby right were I picked up Spectra. Saw their Halloween costumes as well. I wonder how many adult women will be dressed as Draculara and Frankie this year?
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I looked at them today, but I couldn't pull the trigger. Though to be honest if they had Abbey or Spectra (those were two of the ones that really appealed to me) I might have broke. For some reason I had it in my head they were $17 (I think that's how much they are on Mattel's site) but for $22 each I don't think I can do it - especially with having both the MOTUC and Voltron subs next year. I'll just have to admire from afar.