Page 15 of 130 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High

Movie mayhem!
    I love Operetta!

The guy thats like Mr. Hyde... i don't get him... how is he supose to be hyde like with blue skin and ... fire hair?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I love Operetta!

The guy thats like Mr. Hyde... i don't get him... how is he supose to be hyde like with blue skin and ... fire hair?
    Ive wondered that, I think it comes down to marketing and them not wanting to make Hyde an 'Evil' Character, but to differentiate him to Jekyll.

My personal take would have been to make Jackson a Total Nerd, and Holt into the ultimate alpha male stud muffin!

So you get the two sides of the High school coin! but Mattel opted to Make Holt obviously Non human and Jackson the MOST human looking Character (actually would have been cooler if Jackson was the 'Monster' and holt was the Human! inthe MH universe Humans are the 'Horror' characters!)

Oh well mattel moves in mysterious ways! I just want a 'Regular' edition of Jackson, with pet,Diary and Character Costume!.

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Movie mayhem!
    Yea, I agree. I think him being a super geek and the other being the alpha male would have been perfect. Oh well. And whats the green guys deal? whats he supose to be? I'm becoming more and more drawn to this line... especially now with Operetta and that Spider chick!

Yea, I agree. I think him being a super geek and the other being the alpha male would have been perfect. Oh well. And whats the green guys deal? whats he supose to be? I'm becoming more and more drawn to this line... especially now with Operetta and that Spider chick!
    If by 'Green Guy' you mean Deuce Gorgon, with the Snake mohawk, hes the son of Medusa and Cleos boyfreind! Personally my favorite doll in the whole line!

[/CENTER]

It pretty much already works that way with Jackson being a super geek, in the lost chapter in the first Monster High novel, it's revealed he helped Ghoulia in illustrating her Dead Fast fan comic. He is an artist and a musician and Duece's best friend. Holt is a DJ who only comes out at night so in essence he is the alpha male/party animal. I very much want them to release Jackson with diary, regular clothes, and his pet Crossfade in Green (instead of Holts red)

Green Guy? Duece? like Staff of Ka said he is the son of Medusa. He has only had 2 dolls. A 2 pack with his girlfriend Cleo and now his Dance doll. He wears sunglasses to prevent him from turning other people to stone

I think he is also the Star Basketball player on a team which I guess would consist of

-Duece
    -Clawd
    -Jackson
    -Gillington "Gil" Webber
    -Heath Burns (Jackson/Holt's cousin and one of the only 100% "normal" people at MH, well until you read the books lol)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I love Operetta!

My theory was that Holt originated as a demon/devil character, but they got cold feet and didn't want Christians to protest them, so they swapped him to something else. That's just a guess, though.

I'm surprised they haven't done a witch yet, because that would be a super easy fit, but it may be for the same reason. A witch character would be nice, because they could use her to replace Cleo as the main bad girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    A witch character would be nice, because they could use her to replace Cleo as the main bad girl.
    Depends on if witches are good or bad in mainstream thought right now.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Depends on if witches are good or bad in mainstream thought right now.
    Exactly! which is something that amazes me about MH, Considering its themes -and collection names 'Dead Tired' etc- that its done so well in the states.

From an outsiders point of view it seems that a lot of concepts with supernatural/witchcraft themes bring out the weirdos in the states. I refer mainly to the headlines we got over here in Aus about protests against the Harry Potter books, and Twilight etc!

Has there been any backlash? Or are mattel playing it safe by keeping it away from having Demonic characters or witches?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    It pretty much already works that way with Jackson being a super geek, in the lost chapter in the first Monster High novel, it's revealed he helped Ghoulia in illustrating her Dead Fast fan comic. He is an artist and a musician and Duece's best friend.

I very much want them to release Jackson with diary, regular clothes, and his pet Crossfade in Green (instead of Holts red)
    Wow! see I never got that Vibe from the Gloom Beach Doll (which I still resist buying in hopes we get a 'Standard Version' as well...soon!) He looks too 'pinup' to be a geek! I expected Glasses at least!lol
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 18, 2011 at 07:03pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Exactly! which is something that amazes me about MH, Considering its themes -and collection names 'Dead Tired' etc- that its done so well in the states.

From an outsiders point of view it seems that a lot of concepts with supernatural/witchcraft themes bring out the weirdos in the states. I refer mainly to the headlines we got over here in Aus about protests against the Harry Potter books, and Twilight etc!

Has there been any backlash? Or are mattel playing it safe by keeping it away from having Demonic characters or witches?
    It's weird, for example I haven't heard anything like that about Twilight. Well some complaints have more to do with Stephanie Meyers being Mormon but yeah other issues.

The weirdos tend to need to be informed. Not sure how many parents bought their kids Grand Theft Auto before being told of it's content.

Also some of the protests tend to get more news depending on what other news is going on.

There is also the issue that sometimes it's more parents who let say their older kids read/watch whatever but their younger one's aren't allowed to. But it gets blown up that they are completely against it. Or in some cases it's a specific child, and honestly have met said child and they do have struggles with reality vs fantasy I understand why.

A bit briefer, I haven't heard any major gatherings. But that doesn't mean their aren't parents who tell their daughter no put it back get a Barbie she is more wholesome.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

the 'twilight' thing over here focussed on young girls being attracted to the 'silent, weirdos' because its 'Cool' and getting them self in trouble, also older (late 20's early 30's) guys playing the deep moody card to attract young girls! all very seedy!

[/CENTER]

There has not really been any kind of backlash outside the kind stores get for not stocking enough

I think their designs are so well done they don't push the envelope, plus they have stayed away from any overt religious themes.

I think that is one reason we have not seen a Witch or Devil or any of the more common Halloween staples (outside the Universal monsters).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

There has not really been any kind of backlash outside the kind stores get for not stocking enough

I think their designs are so well done they don't push the envelope, plus they have stayed away from any overt religious themes.

I think that is one reason we have not seen a Witch or Devil or any of the more common Halloween staples (outside the Universal monsters).
    Exactly! The minute they bring in a witch or a Devil, there could be issues! but at the moment its 'Halloween' fun!

(sadly Australia doesnt Do Halloween, so MH is the closest I get...that and my annual watching of Hocus Pocus! )

Now back onto the Dolls- I just googled Nefara, shes STUNNING!!! cant wait for March!

another thing I really applaud Mattel for is stepping away from the old 'All dolls need to be same height' I love the MH has males taller than girls, and soon adult females as well! Bravo MH!

ka

This just in-

MER BOY a comin!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 18, 2011 at 08:43pm.

[/CENTER]

I was just coming here to post that same video

Make your own dolls = Awesome
    Gil!!! = Awesome

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I was just coming here to post that same video

Make your own dolls = Awesome
    Gil!!! = Awesome
    I was just coming to post that video too and say exactly what Mark did.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Movie mayhem!
    Are all the females the same buck? Like they are all the same size and height? I know for example the yeti chick is suppose to be taller than the others but is her doll taller too? And then the same question for the boys.

I'm ready to buy my first figure, but for customizing. Mostly need just the body and head and not the accessories as much, so if anyone sees a cheap one on ebay or sees a good sale in stores let me know. :-)

Are all the females the same buck? Like they are all the same size and height? I know for example the yeti chick is suppose to be taller than the others but is her doll taller too? And then the same question for the boys.
    They are pretty much the same, the newer ones though have different hands and Spectra is a translucent body.

I am not sure of the size, I think in my case Spectra is taller than Cleo.

I'm ready to buy my first figure, but for customizing. Mostly need just the body and head and not the accessories as much, so if anyone sees a cheap one on ebay or sees a good sale in stores let me know. :-)
    All the dolls are on sale at Target this week, if you want one for customizing I suggest one of the Beach dolls for $10, or go to Walmart and get a Dead Tired figure for $10

We went to Target today and got some fashions, the beach set and a few spare figures for customizing (not sure why the pics are sideways, they were taken right side up)

Attached Images Attached Images

Movie mayhem!
    Do u know if they are on sale at all targets or is it an online or regional thing im at tatty now and they are 16u. For beach

Do u know if they are on sale at all targets or is it an online or regional thing im at tatty now and they are 16u. For beach
    Every Target I've been to has had them on sale, and I've been to 3.

it was in their advertisement that I got with my Sunday paper (it was the Los Angeles Times though . . .)

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

Wow! see I never got that Vibe from the Gloom Beach Doll (which I still resist buying in hopes we get a 'Standard Version' as well...soon!) He looks too 'pinup' to be a geek! I expected Glasses at least!lol
    if it wasn't for me walking through the toy section all the time, i might not know these even exist. there isn't a tv show or movie and i've never seen a commercial.

these toys fly under the radar. so that's one reason they haven't attracted the super far right religious folks who hated harry potter.

another is that the theme seems to be "normal kids who happen to be monsters". they are fun and kids can relate to them.

and outside a fang here or a pointed ear there, they don't look overtly demonic or evil. they walk that line very well.

It's a national sale, it's in their ad

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon
    these toys fly under the radar. so that's one reason they haven't attracted the super far right religious folks who hated harry potter.
    They had a Halloween special on Nick and they have over 40 webisodes which aim at their demo. Sure it's not a traditional toy launch but coming in barely behind Barbie (and only because you could not get enough dolls shipped/made) makes it hardly under the radar.

I think the religious know about it but it has not crossed the line for them to care as it avoids obvious symbols and themes they take issue with.

Movie mayhem!
    It's a national sale, it's in their ad
    Do you have a link? The guy at the store pulled out their coupon book thingy and couldn't find any monsterhigh.

Do you have a link? The guy at the store pulled out their coupon book thingy and couldn't find any monsterhigh.
    Yeah its called Target.com

The national ad, if he can't find it he needs to be fired lol

Its on page 12 in the left hand corner there is a big ass picture of Lagoona and Ghoulia and it reads ALL MONSTER HIGH DOLLS ON SALE

You should be able to find a doll, take it to a price scanner and the sale price should show up, there is no need for a coupon or ad as its a national price change for this week

Movie mayhem!
    Yeah its called Target.com

The national ad, if he can't find it he needs to be fired lol

Its on page 12 in the left hand corner there is a big ass picture of Lagoona and Ghoulia and it reads ALL MONSTER HIGH DOLLS ON SALE

You should be able to find a doll, take it to a price scanner and the sale price should show up, there is no need for a coupon or ad as its a national price change for this week
    Odd. On the shelf it had them for $16, and when he scanned them the same thing. He did a price check and checked the ad. I'm went to Target.com a bit ago and it didn't have any Monster High in it. I just tried to look again but for some reason the target ad won't load for me now! OMG! lol I feel like I'm living in an alternate dimension haha

EDIT: Got it to load, page 12 just has disney princess stuff and elmo on it. no monster high this is the ad I see:

Odd. On the shelf it had them for $16, and when he scanned them the same thing. He did a price check and checked the ad. I'm went to Target.com a bit ago and it didn't have any Monster High in it. I just tried to look again but for some reason the target ad won't load for me now! OMG! lol I feel like I'm living in an alternate dimension haha

EDIT: Got it to load, page 12 just has disney princess stuff and elmo on it. no monster high this is the ad I see:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...8&d=1316475030
    It is possible NY does not participate, that has happened in the past

This is what I am others in VA, MD, and other states see

Walmart though should still have the Dead Tired dolls for $10 if you were wanting to try them, that is their baseline price ($9.97), not any on sale or special

Movie mayhem!
    OK yea, I just tried changing my location on the site and then I get the ad you just posted. So I guess its not a sale I can get in on :-( SAD. I ended up just getting one and figured I could always go back with my receipt if I found out the guy was wrong.

Has anyone taken the heads off these? I tried and felt like I was going to break something. Any advice? I want to reroot the hair.