Page 40 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Welcome to the addicting world of Monster High Dan!! I was only going to buy the original set and now I have at least 50 and counting How Freaking Awesome would it be if Pixel Dan did Monster High Reviews!!!!
    I will be interested to see if he becomes addicted like the rest of us, I have sitting in front of me over 47 dolls not including the 7 we bought today

Yeah Abbey is Hot right now and would be a great choice. Have you seen on Ebay how much the SDCC Exclusives have jumped up in price in the last 6 months? BW Frankie is around 250 to 300 and Ghoulia is 150-175 Wow, I am glad I got both when they came out!! I wonder what happened with Sarah Screams the one that won the fan vote last year??? I have not heard any information on her? Maybe she will be the 2012 SDCC Exclusive? but then again you can really trust Mattel Fan votes can we?
    Well I am not sure if they will reference that vote again since I went on their Facebook and called shenanigans because I had proof the spider chick was winning (and no way the other doll could come back) and all the teeny girls liked my status and posted replies then Mattel remove all evidence of the poll

But yeah we bought multiples of Ghoulia's SDCC doll just because at $20 it was a good idea if you had the money (she was available on Matty for almost a month) that way we would have some trade fodder if we missed out on the next years Exclusive. Still mad I did not pull the trigger and buy B&W Frankie off eBay for $68, foolish me though that was too high

Its insane, we have some spare Wave 1 MH dolls that I forgot I bought and I priced checked them on eBay recently and Clawdeen Wave 1 is going for $99-125

I had some vet bills to pay and I put up a Deuce Dawn of the Dance doll I got at a Gordmans and they bid it up to $55, and I put a Holt (the shelf warmer doll) up and he was being bid up to almost $60. The other earlier dolls go for $40-75, Mattel could reissue and probably clean up.

I guess its like JEM and people need to have the dolls, its insane though since for the longest time a lot of these dolls did not move last year. You can even go in this thread and see us complaining about Holt shelf warming
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Still mad I did not pull the trigger and buy B&W Frankie off eBay for $68, foolish me though that was too high
    I did the same thing. It was her along with the various other SDCC exclusives for Monster High(tote bag, stickers, preview of the first book) for around the same price, but I thought it was too high & could always get her some other time. To be honest, I'm kinda happy since not getting her saved me all the money I might have spent on the line. As of now, the Ghoulia that came with the free DVD is all I have.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Okay, I need to see a pic of this B&W Frankie you guys keep talking about.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Okay, I need to see a pic of this B&W Frankie you guys keep talking about.

If you are not aware of the backstory in 2010 Mattel secretly had this black and white doll of Frankie at its booth at SDCC. It was not advertised, not pushed, and was not sold on MattyCollector afterwards.

It was basically used as a "test" to see if the line was something that would sell at Comic Con like MOTUC, and DCU

Following suit this year Mattel released another Black and White Frankie in their Skull Shores line, its not listed on the back of any other doll. Currently its being sold at Walmart for $4.13, at Justice for $9 (after their 40% discount) and other stores like Meijers

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

398273_10150625876157481_225525412480_9601430_2078119932_n.jpg523165_10150625877897481_225525412480_9601437_1038956113_n.jpg526409_10150625877062481_225525412480_9601434_275093432_n.jpg
    Is this an actual doll that's coming out? Because it looks like an empty box and Mattel's pulled that in the past, with that Hot Wheels Invisible Jet. (Also, I kinda want that outfit for myself.)

It is also April 1st.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    398273_10150625876157481_225525412480_9601430_2078119932_n.jpg523165_10150625877897481_225525412480_9601437_1038956113_n.jpg526409_10150625877062481_225525412480_9601434_275093432_n.jpg
    Is this an actual doll that's coming out? Because it looks like an empty box and Mattel's pulled that in the past, with that Hot Wheels Invisible Jet. (Also, I kinda want that outfit for myself.)
    Its an April fools joke, though given the response I think a lot of people legitimately like the idea (not no figure but the character idea).

They posted this on FB
    It’s so dreadful keeping secrets from my ghouls! If you haven’t guessed already – APRIL FOOLS! Invisi Billy is such an epic practical jokester.
    I would buy him if they made him in clear blue (ala Spectra or Iceman)

On a side note I went back to the Walmart that had 30 of the B&W Frankies and all but 2 were sold so I got those for 2 orgers that asked me yesterday.

I wonder if scalpers got the rest or if parents saw that would be the perfect Easter doll since it was $4.13 and a full doll with stand.

My wife told me later we should hunt them down at other stores because a $4 stand would be cheaper than eBay

Our hobby lobby has metal and then a woodish looking stand. http://shop.hobbylobby.com/search/de...erm=doll+stand

If people are just in need of stands. The Frankie however is a pretty good deal considering she is 4.13 for a doll and stand.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I wasnt even considering collecting the dolls when they revealed that B&W Frankie....BUt I fell in love with her and bought her cos it was such an amazing homage to the Universal monsters!

Shes still a cornerstone of my collection, I just wish Id bought two of her @ $40!!

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; April 1, 2012 at 06:42pm.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Yeah I found out that Mattelshop.com had been selling them up until the summer of this year, I never ever thought to look there because they were selling her for $28

This has to be my favorite toyline in retail at the moment. I get them for my niece (she has an awesome collection, thanks to me). We are currently on the hunt for Skull Shores Frankie, Rochelle, and Basic Jackson. These dolls are so hard to come by, it's ridiculous. I hope we can find the SS Frankie. Is she an exclusive only for Wal-mart and Justice? None of our Justice stores carry Monster High and our Wal-mart hasn't stocked Monster High since a little bit after Christmas. It's a joke for how many months that section has stayed empty.

It's funny when I first saw these dolls at Toys'r'us (almost a year before anyone else carried them) I thought they were so cool and unique. I remember thinking to myself I have to show these to my niece. When she saw them she fell in love, and everytime we'd go to Toys'r'us I would buy her one for her collection. I honestly didn't think this line would take off the way it has. I am glad it did, this is so much better than Barbie and Bratz. I hope it sticks around for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    This has to be my favorite toyline in retail at the moment. I get them for my niece (she has an awesome collection, thanks to me). We are currently on the hunt for Skull Shores Frankie, Rochelle, and Basic Jackson. These dolls are so hard to come by, it's ridiculous. I hope we can find the SS Frankie. Is she an exclusive only for Wal-mart and Justice? None of our Justice stores carry Monster High and our Wal-mart hasn't stocked Monster High since a little bit after Christmas. It's a joke for how many months that section has stayed empty.

It's funny when I first saw these dolls at Toys'r'us (almost a year before anyone else carried them) I thought they were so cool and unique. I remember thinking to myself I have to show these to my niece. When she saw them she fell in love, and everytime we'd go to Toys'r'us I would buy her one for her collection. I honestly didn't think this line would take off the way it has. I am glad it did, this is so much better than Barbie and Bratz. I hope it sticks around for a long time to come.
    Walmart, Justice and Meijers are where SS Frankie has been seen so far. She is not listed on the back of any SS doll and Mattel does not really acknowledge she exists so we don't know much about her assortment or where she is headed.

All Justice are supposed to carry MH, sometimes they keep them in the back or they are on the back side of shelves. You might want to ask the cashiers as we always get help from them (they will hold dolls, go to the back and call you when they come in).

Rochelle and Signature Jackson just started shipping in the past week, so they should start showing up more regularly. Of course if you are in an area with scalpers you might never see them

This line makes me happy that MOTUC is online only. I keep reading these stories from you guys and it sounds frustrating as all get out. The last time I ran from store to store for a line was with the MOTU Commemorative line. That led me to sign up for an Ebay account where I've probably spent an amount of money over the years that would make me cry if I was somehow able to add it all up.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Its an April fools joke, though given the response I think a lot of people legitimately like the idea (not no figure but the character idea).

They posted this on FB

I would buy him if they made him in clear blue (ala Spectra or Iceman)
    I hate April Fools Day. They should just call it, Stay Off The Internet Because Everything You Read Is A Lie Day. He looks great! I do hope they make him for real. He's also a perfectly logical choice. I forgot about the Invisible Man, but he's definitely a real classic monster. He makes more sense than some of the other upcoming dolls like Roberta and Venus. Not that I have any problems with them, but they're more of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I hate April Fools Day. They should just call it, Stay Off The Internet Because Everything You Read Is A Lie Day.
    I thought staying off the internet on the 1st was implied at this point

He looks great! I do hope they make him for real. He's also a perfectly logical choice. I forgot about the Invisible Man, but he's definitely a real classic monster. He makes more sense than some of the other upcoming dolls like Roberta and Venus. Not that I have any problems with them, but they're more of a stretch.
    Yeah I don't have a problem with the new dolls but they are definitely in the expanded universe of "Monsters"

It would be cool if they made him the exclusive, since if last year was any indication they tend to aim at their Facebook and 'internet" users for that.

It would also allow them to sneak in a new character while saving a more sought after doll like Abbey for retail which would make more $$$

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Welcome to the addicting world of Monster High Dan!! I was only going to buy the original set and now I have at least 50 and counting How Freaking Awesome would it be if Pixel Dan did Monster High Reviews!!!!

I'm going to do a video on the Hydration Station. I've had a lot of requests already, so I'm going to give it a shot. It really is a cool toy!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I tend to avoid most news sites, or internet news sites on the 1st. The worst part is the some of the news is real, for example Blizzard is notorious for releasing 3-5 false stories with one true one in the midst of them all. Half the jokes are pretty obvious, guitar hero bard character, an expansion for Warcraft 3 that's basically WoW's first level 60 raid.

Slashdot typically points them out the day after which were true and false, which is when I usually would go in, read which where false and then read the true stories and the false ones for fun. Westley Crusher returning for Enterprise was an example of that.

Invisi Billy is character from the books, a fairly large one in fact. That fact leads me to believe they were testing his look, the April fools jokes was the empty box. I don't see them doing a signature doll as the exclusive, the previous two were more alternate versions. I would like to see them stick with Black and White versions of the primary characters. But I could also see them do something like an all 'translucent' Invisi Billy or Spectra. Meaning the full doll is made of clear plastic.

Movie mayhem!
    Yea i'm still not sure if that Sarah Palin story is legit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Yea i'm still not sure if that Sarah Palin story is legit or not.
    Me neither. I saw the headline yesterday, but I didn't buy it. Then I heard it mentioned on CNN this morning.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Invisi Billy is character from the books, a fairly large one in fact. That fact leads me to believe they were testing his look, the April fools jokes was the empty box. I don't see them doing a signature doll as the exclusive, the previous two were more alternate versions. I would like to see them stick with Black and White versions of the primary characters. But I could also see them do something like an all 'translucent' Invisi Billy or Spectra. Meaning the full doll is made of clear plastic.
    Yeah, given how good the artwork and bio was I am almost sure the doll is coming. The joke part was clearly the empty box

Skull Shores TV Special Trailer just went up

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post

I'm going to do a video on the Hydration Station. I've had a lot of requests already, so I'm going to give it a shot. It really is a cool toy!
    That's cool, I'm looking forward to it. My daughters have all the bedroom sets and the Hydration Station is definitely their favorite.

I want to hook it up with a plug so it won't need batteries. I'll post pics/video when I get it done. It'd make for a cool night-lite in the girls' room.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

The Hydration Station is cool, but it is very loud. It's pretty powerful.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    I will be interested to see if he becomes addicted like the rest of us, I have sitting in front of me over 47 dolls not including the 7 we bought today

Well I am not sure if they will reference that vote again since I went on their Facebook and called shenanigans because I had proof the spider chick was winning (and no way the other doll could come back) and all the teeny girls liked my status and posted replies then Mattel remove all evidence of the poll
    I was wondering what happened with that vote because the last time I saw it the Spider was kicking butt? I wanted and voted for the spider girl as well. Why do they bother with these "fan vote" things

I had some vet bills to pay and I put up a Deuce Dawn of the Dance doll I got at a Gordmans and they bid it up to $55, and I put a Holt (the shelf warmer doll) up and he was being bid up to almost $60.
    Who would of thought that Holt would ever be worth anything?? But since the doll has come out he has been given a little more sceen time on the Cartoon plus he is a more interesting character with the duel identity..As with all MH boy dolls you should buy them right away. Because even Jackson is only going to be released one per case in wave 7(comming out now) he is not in wave 8 or 9 from what I have heard/read.

I saw BW Skull shores frankie is now over at TRU but they are asking 16.99 So I am pretty sure Target will have some to before the 13th and she will end up being a very cool but Common MH doll.

Cant wait Dan!! Just make sure you fill it with bottled/filltered water. All the chemicals in tap water can ruin the pump and can make the plastic cloudy over time.

I was wondering what happened with that vote because the last time I saw it the Spider was kicking butt? I wanted and voted for the spider girl as well. Why do they bother with these "fan vote" things
    Yeah I think they assume fans will do whatever they have planned and its just a train wreck when it goes the other way. It happens in all their lines so its definitely a Mattel thing and not just a certain brand

I saw BW Skull shores frankie is now over at TRU but they are asking 16.99 So I am pretty sure Target will have some to before the 13th and she will end up being a very cool but Common MH doll.
    Yeah at this point its basically what you want to pay, you have Walmart for $4.13, Justice is $9 ($14 if their discount is not running) and TRU at $16. I think Meijers falls between Walmart and Justice. Target would probably be charging $12.99 or $14.99

Her doll is the star of the upcoming special so it makes sense of why she is so large in distribution, though she is colored in the special and B&W in the doll so that is interesting.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Awesome I cant wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    The Hydration Station is cool, but it is very loud. It's pretty powerful.
    Yeah My thoughts exactly, I was expecting something akin to a lava lamp....but its so loud! It looks awesome and lights up great...but who could sleep thrugh that!!!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; April 2, 2012 at 07:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]