Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    That is why I think the scalpers in my area (if there are any) just go for the high and quick turn over. Meaning the week a doll is released they snatch it up when they might actually get the ebay sale for 70 bucks for the doll.

The problem though is I see many similarities to World of Warcraft auctioning. There is this idea that someone bought it for X amount of markup once, people will always buy it for that much and then complain when people aren't buying up their product. What is great is when they go into their econ 101 crud about how what they are doing is the best thing.
    Yeah that is why we don't have many scalpers here, the high cost of the doll to start and the low overall profit for those that don't have an already existing customer base (meaning they need to use eBay or Craigslist) keeps them from bothering.

I have found if you really want to make a decent return on investment with MH you have to be in for the long haul, buy the dolls then sit on them for a few months. With the constant refresh in cases and limited availability a doll that cost you $24 could net you $60 or make good trade fodder for exclusives that you might miss out on. Worst comes to worst you get retail cost for them so you lose nothing, you can help others out (I do this all the time) at cost.

That is not being a scalper though, that is being business smart and knowing how to invest in your collection instead of just hemorrhaging money buying dolls. But sadly I know people like myself are probably in the minority, especially hearing stories like Bonehead's with people buying an entire store out of dolls.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I got Rochelle and Jackson and... am I the only one who thinks they are lower quality than past dolls? Rochelle's outfit isn't very exciting. Jackson's is cute, but not as elaborate as Holt's. Overall, they both seem more basic, without as much detail or as many pieces. One thing I love about these dolls is all the clever little details in their outfits, like the fun heels on their shoes that reference who they are. Rochelle has some fleur de lis logos because she's from France. The ONLY clue about Jackson is the yin yang symbol on his bag. Anyone else feel that way?

I saw this fan art of Rochelle a month ago and thought it would have made for a much better signature doll.

Paris, I love you! by ~Anzhelee on deviantART
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I got Rochelle and Jackson and... am I the only one who thinks they are lower quality than past dolls? Rochelle's outfit isn't very exciting. Jackson's is cute, but not as elaborate as Holt's. Overall, they both seem more basic, without as much detail or as many pieces. One thing I love about these dolls is all the clever little details in their outfits, like the fun heels on their shoes that reference who they are. Rochelle has some fleur de lis logos because she's from France. The ONLY clue about Jackson is the yin yang symbol on his bag. Anyone else feel that way?
    Well Jackson is supposed to be bland, that is how he is played up in every webisode. Its a direct contrast to his more entertaining and flamboyent alter ego. So yes you are right on him but that is by design I think.

Rochelle's outfit is neat because of what is made out of it, I mean exciting I guess in the eye of the beholder. I think the draw for her is the sculpted wings, fingers, and just her overall paint job.

Its not always about the dresses and accessories imho
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Movie mayhem!
    So... I have been looking for Dawn of the Dance Duece. He sells for A LOT on ebay... and today I found someone in my area who will sell him to me for $45 and drop him off at my house. What do you think? Its still a lot. Part of me thinks maybe they will rerelease him in that outfit... is that very likely? Part of it is the outfit and hair that make me want him so... maybe I should just suck it up and get it for that price? He also has Holt who I need for $50 and I have the same question I guess for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    So... I have been looking for Dawn of the Dance Duece. He sells for A LOT on ebay... and today I found someone in my area who will sell him to me for $45 and drop him off at my house. What do you think? Its still a lot. Part of me thinks maybe they will rerelease him in that outfit... is that very likely? Part of it is the outfit and hair that make me want him so... maybe I should just suck it up and get it for that price? He also has Holt who I need for $50 and I have the same question I guess for him.
    Holt "may" show up again if they ship older waves like how Wave 1 Clawdeen is showing up at Meijers and showed at Kmart this past December. I just picked up Holt in Nebraska for $18 last month.

Dawn of the Dance Deuce will probably never be reissued, he was with a specific themed line and those historically have just ended and they are around till the stores sell out of their stock. There are virtually no stores carrying the Dawn of the Dance line at the moment so getting old stock chance is pretty slim. We found 3 Duece DoTD at a Younkers Christmas Clearance in Feb.

But both those prices are the going rate on eBay so unless you find it at retail or a friend finds it for you those are about what you will pay. Unless huge shipments start showing up driving the price down.

If I had to make a choice I would say bite on the Deuce and hold off on the Holt

I bet Wal-Mart is going to do another Black Friday deal with these dolls. They were only $10.00 for the 1st wave fullset dolls!

If you can wait I am sure they will do maybe wave 2 dolls...or 3 even if they come out in late June/July...that would be sweet...I'm not going to though I know lol!

Im still loving Rochelle...I think she rocks! I love her shoes, I thought they were some of the best to date. They look like cathedral pillars. lol
    I love the rock skin. Shes suppossed to be simple in design and execution (read her bio...you'll see).

Movie mayhem!
    So i was all set to buy Deuce for $45 from this guy and he said he had some other rarer figures I might be interested in. Great. Said I'd like to do the Deuce transaction first and we arrange a time to meet. The guy doesn't show. We reschedule. Doesn't show. A day passes and he doesn't message me back so finally I text him just asking if he is still serious or not. He says he decided not to sell it. OK. So then I go on ebay and wow the same pictures he sent me are suddenly list on a brand new ebay account.

Honestly whatever, but just annoyed this guy 1. got my hopes and 2. wasted my time. I was like waiting for him twice to show up. So annoying.

I guess if its too good to be true....

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    DOTD Deuce is still on Amazon, hes not cheap...but hes guaranteed.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    So i was all set to buy Deuce for $45 from this guy and he said he had some other rarer figures I might be interested in. Great. Said I'd like to do the Deuce transaction first and we arrange a time to meet. The guy doesn't show. We reschedule. Doesn't show. A day passes and he doesn't message me back so finally I text him just asking if he is still serious or not. He says he decided not to sell it. OK. So then I go on ebay and wow the same pictures he sent me are suddenly list on a brand new ebay account.

Honestly whatever, but just annoyed this guy 1. got my hopes and 2. wasted my time. I was like waiting for him twice to show up. So annoying.

That really Stinks!! I hope Karma comes back and gets this guy!!!

That sucks, I guess he figured there was a demand then saw what they were going for and took the money

Its too bad we talked about MH a month too late or I would have sold you one of the ones I got at cost

I'm really sorry to hear about that, Patreek. It's sad how greed can warp people.

Well it appears Cupid is making a comeback, almost all my Walmarts show as IN STOCK despite that not being the case and people are reporting seeing the shelf tags and finding her. walmart.com is also having her show up for 10-15min periods where you can order her. So maybe Mattel finally figured out what the problems was.

I am trying to get my hands on some for orgers, but so far I have not seen any despite all 11 of my stores listed as Green IN STOCK.

At the very least maybe this will make the scalper prices come down if the market gets flooded, knowing the MH market though probably not

EDIT: I confirmed with my brother that the ones showing as IN STOCK were in fact IN STOCK, so if you guys see your store has them go go go

when I worked a a large Kmart over here, the computers updated as soon as the stock was received and entered, but the stock itself may have sat in its shipper out the back for a couple more days/weeks. Methinks the flood shall start soon!

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    when I worked a a large Kmart over here, the computers updated as soon as the stock was received and entered, but the stock itself may have sat in its shipper out the back for a couple more days/weeks. Methinks the flood shall start soon!
    I went to some Walmarts after work and there were Cupids, so at least here it seems the long ago promised shipment has finally arrived

Of course I bought mine off eBay some months ago, but at least others can have the chance to get them

Just Draculaura & Clawd showing up at 3 out of 4 No Cupids... Dead Tired & 1600's

Its the end of June right...before Venus & Robecca hit retail...is that all the new?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Just Draculaura & Clawd showing up at 3 out of 4 No Cupids... Dead Tired & 1600's

Its the end of June right...before Venus & Robecca hit retail...is that all the new?
    Venus and Robecca are coming, their listings were added to Walmart.com and Amazon.com this week which means they should be in stores soon.

Also coming is I think the Roller Derby subline

My Walmart also got another shipment of Cupid so that makes 3 cases of her we got.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'm glad more Wal-marts are getting Cupids she is a great doll. I wonder if she will ever be released in another sub-line.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    My Walmart also got another shipment of Cupid so that makes 3 cases of her we got.
    Yeah I have seen her quite a bit, I picked up a few for orgers and regular customers of mine in case they can't find them. The thing about this doll is it won't be reissued so sooner or later like all the retail exclusives the stock will run out.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I'm glad more Wal-marts are getting Cupids she is a great doll. I wonder if she will ever be released in another sub-line.
    I think she would be great to re-do with a different outfit and maybe a pet, like in a boxed set with someone else. She is too highly tooled I think to put in a cheapy line. I would totally buy a Cupid Radio Station Playset with her though

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think she would be great to re-do with a different outfit and maybe a pet, like in a boxed set with someone else. She is too highly tooled I think to put in a cheapy line. I would totally buy a Cupid Radio Station Playset with her though
    I Love her...but Id hope if she ever gets a re-issue that she gets her own headsculpt.....It just bugs me that shes the only reused sculpt! Even the CAM's get new heads!

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I Love her...but Id hope if she ever gets a re-issue that she gets her own headsculpt.....It just bugs me that shes the only reused sculpt! Even the CAM's get new heads!
    They probably figured the hair was a good trade off since its styled so uniquely.

I do love her bow and arrow thing, though I can't help seeing the woman from the Hunger Games now when I look at her makeup

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They probably figured the hair was a good trade off since its styled so uniquely.

I do love her bow and arrow thing, though I can't help seeing the woman from the Hunger Games now when I look at her makeup
    So speaking of the hair...

Does that heart come off do you know? I may actually get her if I can remove it without harming the hair...

Does that heart come off do you know? I may actually get her if I can remove it without harming the hair...
    From briefly look at her I think the heart is just part of the hair braded and glued into place

Yep, I thought it was a plastic 'Headband' before I got her, but in person its actually a plait twisted and gelled into a heart! Its really well done, but I wanted to try and restyle her hair to be closer to the proto. Im gonna hafta buy a second one to try that!

[/CENTER]