Page 54 of 130 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Frankie's looks okay and Clawdeen's makes ironic sense. Draculaura's outfit though... that's just bad. I know some of the specials air on Nickelodeon but they haven't done the slime thing in a LONG time, because that's what it looks like- slime.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I love em...but really donlt like that green thing On Drac, and I wish Clawdeens Shoes had another color on them...they look like rain boots!

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I sort of wish there was a much better collection of doll pictures, showing exactly what's made, in what wave/series, and when. The Monster High wiki sort of indexes dolls but not to a point I find as a useful catalog as it lacks in a lot of pictures. The MH official site has no toy index whatsoever. I have to get a lot of what I find out through browsing Amazon and eBay listings. It's annoying when amazon lists single Cleo as "with pet" when it doesn't have one, and I'm not sure of that one is "signature" or "School's Out".
    This is my Goto for all MH stuff -

http://www.tattoomyheart.com/mhcheck/

aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; May 12, 2012 at 03:09am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Where did the pictures come from? I also wonder if this give us a hint to the SDCC Figure? Abbey as Blizzard Beauty? or Lagoona as The little mermaid? Maybe
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; May 12, 2012 at 05:12am.

http://www.tattoomyheart.com/mhcheck/ghoulsrule.html

The Halloween 2012 line. Frankie and Draculaura look quite nice and Cleo looks more like royalty than normal. But that Clawdeen is a failure of an ugly mess, I think. Just anything but purple would have worked better. Though the trend I've seen with Clawdeen is that a lot of her themed dolls have rather strange color choices.

http://www.tattoomyheart.com/mhcheck/dt2.html

I may get one of those DT2 Clawdeens as an excuse to get her fashion pack(the older pack, not the gaudy upcoming pack). The DT line is a nice source of cheap bodies, perhaps cheaper than you'd find bare doll bodies on eBay- especially for the fashion packs. And you get the stand that way.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Did anyone see these yet? with their dolls. It is over on the Canada TRU Website there are two versions of Ghoulia Scooter and Draculaura playset. It looks like the playsets without the dolls will be everywhere but the dolls that come with them could be TRU Exclusives?

pTRUCA1-12351446dt.jpgpTRUCA1-12351445dt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post

But that Clawdeen is a failure of an ugly mess, I think. Just anything but purple would have worked better. Though the trend I've seen with Clawdeen is that a lot of her themed dolls have rather strange color choices.
    all the dolls are color coded, each has his or her own signature color (or colors) and a repeated 'Motif'

Draculaura -Pink & Black- bats
    Clawdeen -Purple & Yellow -Moons
    Deuce -Light Green- Snake scales
    Frankie -electric Blue & Silver-lightening
    Cleo -Green & Gold -bandages
    Abby- Pastel Purple & pink -snowflakes
    Lagoona- Aqua and Pink -Fish Scales
    Spectra- Black & Lavdender -Chains
    Toralei- Red and orange -Tiger stripes
    Operetta- maroon,Black and White- music notes
    Ghoulia -Red,Black & Green -Brains

etc..

Its one of my favorite things about this line, its cohesive!

so Clawdeen will always have Purple..its her signature color.

aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; May 12, 2012 at 06:33am.

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Did anyone see these yet? with their dolls. It is over on the Canada TRU Website there are two versions of Ghoulia Scooter and Draculaura playset. It looks like the playsets without the dolls will be everywhere but the dolls that come with them could be TRU Exclusives?

pTRUCA1-12351446dt.jpgpTRUCA1-12351445dt.jpg
    Yeah I saw that last week, they went up for Preorder on TRU Canada but I am hesitant to do so until I know for sure it comes with the dolls.

Where did the pictures come from? I also wonder if this give us a hint to the SDCC Figure? Abbey as Blizzard Beauty? or Lagoona as The little mermaid? Maybe
    They just appeared yesterday out of nowhere, they have not been officially solicited yet but its the same person who leaked the photos of Robecca, Venus, and the Halloween line before too.
    Last edited by markatisu; May 12, 2012 at 08:08am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ok...so I swore that I would NOT collect variants in MH....EPIC FAIL! I got all my Dracs out today and lined em up......I Swear I only actually bought 2!!!!! this collection is like a virus!!!

Also here all styled up and ready to Rock are my latest Treasures....

Gloom Beach

and Jackson and Rochelle!

...Thank you SO much Mark!

[/CENTER]

I like the fairy tale dolls except the lime green part on Drac. Heck I could pick of Red Riding Hood, Cinderella if I knew it was a fairy tale line but Snow White I would have thought Cinderella in working clothes.
    I would think they could have asked Disney to borrow the iconic looks, since Mattel makes the Disney dolls unless they don't have the license anymore.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It was probably due to the fact they did not want to have to piece out revenue from their highest selling line, I mean the fairytale stories are public domain so why pay Disney and risk taking away from Disney sales

I want to see them boxed or at least see what else they have in store, I know one thing I will be buying the Clawdeen. She is one of my favorites in the line and that doll just screams BUY ME

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    ...Thank you SO much Mark!
    No problem, I love helping other orgers out
    Last edited by markatisu; May 12, 2012 at 10:12am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I didn't add in, part of the problem is Disney. The Disney looks are the recognizable ones even if they aren't that accurate.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I would have rather seen Howleen as Little Dead Riding Hood since she is the youngest and shortest of the dolls. I wonder if they are every going to utilize the shorter doll body(Howleen) and taller doll body(Nefera) on any other characters. I would love a shorter Draculaura and a taller Abbey.

Robecca may be as tall as Nefera

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Robecca may be as tall as Nefera
    Robecca is as tall as Nefera (I saw a few pics somewhere??? with her next to Venus and she is taller)...I am so excited for her...she is freaking awesome and I love that she is a bit different by being an orphan.

I just SCORED!!!

I finally broke down and got Operetta...AND they had ALL the fashion packs! I only picked up Ghoulia's & Operetta's though.

I cannot believe I did this buuuuuut I passed on the Draculara & Clawd 2 pack...maybe if they have them Friday on payday again (I've gone crazy with toy purchases this week)...they dont seem to sell as fast (price point maybe??) UGH and to think I said I would NOT go down the toy isle...riiiiight.

I LOVE Comic Book Club Ghoulia's fashion pack...I have green glasses now & these shoes rock!!!
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; May 12, 2012 at 01:29pm.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Yeah the 2 packs are always sloooow to move despite them often being cheaper then single boxed dolls ($35 for 2 vs $20-25 for 1)

I found a single Abbey today at Walmart. Funny though, I thought she was supposed to be taller than the average doll but she doesn't seem any taller than DT Ghoulia.

The height on the show didn't translate to doll height. I believe the original intent was for them to all be the same height so they could interchange clothes, that and it's probably cheaper to manufacture.

Picked up the Coffin Bean playset at Kmart today, it's a lot smaller then I expected after the bed set and the hydration station. Its not really a playset as much as it just staging pieces

Its a couch (that can hold all the small items), a chair, and the Coffee stand. They sit nice in the chair and the doll rules but it reminds me of the weapons pak for MOTUC in terms of inclusion into the line.

Yea...I went back! LMBO

I only picked up the Lagoona Fashion Pack...I went to work and was all I could think about was that stupid fashion pack and that they had it when I went back. It was my motivation for going grocery shopping on a saturday night/

OMG...if you get a chance and you MUST get the Lagoona fashion pack...the Elton John/Bubble shades actually bug her eyes out like those joke glasses....so rad!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Breaking News this morning, tons of retail exclusives revealed. Rumors are these will all come out for Christmas and the fact there is a Costco and JC Penney one probably backs that up

Target Exclusive Skull Shores 5 Pack

Walmart Exclusive Dot Dead 3 Pack

Kmart Roller Maze 2 Pack

Kohls Exclusives dolls (These are similar to the Day at the Maul boxed dolls which are just wearing the Day at the Maul fashions)

Coffin Bean Costco Gift Pack w/Draculaura

JC Penney Draculaura and Roadster

OMG!!! My brain just exploded, this is going to be the worst Christmas in terms of trying to find all of these. I know my niece will want them all.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    OMG!!! My brain just exploded, this is going to be the worst Christmas in terms of trying to find all of these. I know my niece will want them all.
    The Costco and the JC Penney will be the hardest, just because Costco requires a membership and JC Penney does not really sell toys in the store so it will be a hit or miss unless you can buy it online (Last Christmas I bought the Clawd/Drac 2 pack from them online for $25)

The best one for your money is going to be the Skull Shores, it has 3 unreleased dolls (Colored SS Frankie, Clawdeen, and Cleo)

As awesome as all of these are I think it's safe to say that Mattel might have gone a little bit overboard with these exclusives. I have read that the Fairy Tale and new Dead Tired assortments are also exclusives!!

Ive always hated the 1st ed Cleos outfit, so I bought the fashion pack to redress her and it looks SO MUCH BETTER!
    That looks great. I had the same idea.

Ironically, I haven't been able to find any of the wave 2 Fashion Packs for months but in the last few weeks I found wave 3 and wave 2 except for the Cleo pack.

I MUST OWN THIS WAVE

Monster High goes Fairy Tale

Those do look really nice but I've been really trying not to "branch out" any more. I originally only collected the signature dolls but that didn't last very long once I got a few of the exclusive packs as gifts.

I'm actually more excited about these new dolls than the playsets them selves. That 'Laura looks great!

Ok...so I swore that I would NOT collect variants in MH....EPIC FAIL!
    That's what everyone says.

Breaking News this morning, tons of retail exclusives revealed. Rumors are these will all come out for Christmas and the fact there is a Costco and JC Penney one probably backs that up
    HOLY ****!!!!

Overall I'm extremely happy but I see a few problems: these are going to break my wallet, trying to hunt all of these down are going to be a major pain in the..., and why didn't Mattel include some of the newer characters in the sets? Not even a Spectra or Toralei? I have enough Frankies and Dracs to build an army.

My thoughts:

Target Exclusive Skull Shores 5 Pack - Loving the new dolls. Thank god we are getting that "colored" SS Frankie. That bell-bottom short-haired Cleo is great. Why in the world though would Mattel include SS Ghoulia? She's w/o a doubt THE most common SS figure out. My TRU has about 12. Wouldn't a Spectra or Toralei or one of the newer characters make more sense?

Walmart Exclusive Dot Dead 3 Pack
    YES!!!! YES!!! YES!!! This is what I'm talking about! I was praying that Mattel would release more Dance figures. That Abbey is GORGEOUS!! Look at that dress and those shoes on her!! Before anyone asks, no I do not have a foot fetish. Ghoulia and Draculaura also look great.

Kmart Roller Maze 2 Pack
    - I'll be picking this up just for the Abbey figure. Roller Maze was one of those waves that I was going to pass on but I buy everything with Abbey so I guess I'll have to pick this up now.

Kohls Exclusives dolls - Great I just bought the Operetta fashion pack and now I see this. Love the ponytail hair on her. I'll be picking this up. Clawdeen will be a pass.

Coffin Bean Costco Gift Pack w/Draculaura - Happy that I didn't pick up the set at KMart last week. ZING! Sorry Mark.

I could live w/o this set but the dolls are really nice. That Draculaura looks good.

JC Penney Draculaura and Roadster
    - Also glad now I never bought the Roadster yet. Like the Coffin Bean set, the doll that is included might make me pick this up. I'll wait till we see some better picks.

The Costco and the JC Penney will be the hardest, just because Costco requires a membership and JC Penney does not really sell toys in the store
    The key to getting the JCP set will be going on Black Friday. If this really is for the Christmas season, JCP will be putting it in their Black Friday Ad and start selling it on that day. They have done the same thing in the past for Barbie Exclusives. I remember going and picking up a Barbie Exc. for my ex-gf on Black Friday one year. That particular Barbie wasn't available online.

The best one for your money is going to be the Skull Shores, it has 3 unreleased dolls (Colored SS Frankie, Clawdeen, and Cleo)
    The DOTD pack too. You are getting 3 completely new dolls and no reissues...so far as we know of. For all we know there could be a whole new wave of DOTD figures coming later this year. Or at least I can hope.

I'll get the Skulls Shores five pack. That drac doesn't look bad in the roadster.

The Dot Dead outfits (all of them) actually aren't that bad.