Page 60 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Wow what a weird choice for the exclusive. Abbey deserved to have the SDCC exclusive, she is the most popular character they released this year. I do not like the fact that they are making a character that has never been made as an exclusive(she's going to be impossible to get). From what I remember she is rather plain looking (I think she is a straight up repaint of Frankie). Really disappointed with this choice I thought the MH crew would have had something a bit cooler in store for us.
    I am thinking they were sure she was going to win last year and when she came in 3rd they figured they might as well do her as a exclusive with a lower run then most dolls. She should not be hard to get though, on Matty last year Ghoulia sat around for 2-3 months before being sold out. Most MH fans do not understand the whole MattyCollector website. They seem to think it will come to retail. Of course each year the line remains popular does bring about the scalpers so we will have to see how long things go.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I take this to mean that Scarah may not appear as a major character in the webisodes then? I doubt they'd make her an exclusive if she was going to be one of the main cast. Bloodgood should be a general release, she's certainly prominent enough to warrant it.
    No it means she should be prominent, usually if its going to be a actual released figure they get a webisode or a series of them devoted. The webisodes are basically like animated commercials
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Depends how she is packaged and what she comes with, the pack outs for the last two SDCC Dolls are superb!!!

......But i dont see her being as demanded on the resale market as her predecessors.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    ......But i dont see her being as demanded on the resale market as her predecessors.
    And that precisely is why she will go for big $$$$, I have dealt with this enough to know people will skip her till she sells out then decide to want her and pay big on the aftermarket. Especially with MH this happens all the time, that is why the guys go for a ridiculous amount every time.

That works in most fans advantage though because it should be readily available, but if people bypass it when its $20 the should not complain later
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Making an important webisode character as a low run con exclusive really isn't great. I expect that from Hasbro who enjoys such things, but not from Mattel. It just means a character most people can't get unless they pay a fortune online. Now if she's in some exclusive clothing and gets a general release later, or if they also sell her in quantity on Matty(similar production numbers to most dolls), that's one thing, but if this is her only release and it's limited that'd be something different.

Making an important webisode character as a low run con exclusive really isn't great. I expect that from Hasbro who enjoys such things, but not from Mattel. It just means a character most people can't get unless they pay a fortune online. Now if she's in some exclusive clothing and gets a general release later, or if they also sell her in quantity on Matty(similar production numbers to most dolls), that's one thing, but if this is her only release and it's limited that'd be something different.
    Yeah we have no idea what the production run is for these vs the main line, but nobody should miss out on her as the SDCC items have a larger budget so there is usually a decent amount.

I wish we could see packaged sample to know how she is going to be, the past 2 exclusives have been themed (black and white and comic outfit) so hopefully she is also themed so we know a regular release will come later

Scarah should have been one of the creat a monster characters. Alot of the background characters have made their way into that series. She just doesn't feel important enough to be the exclusive to me.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Scarah's kind of...boring. I only own last year's SDCC Ghoulia, but would have picked this year's SDCC one up if I found it interesting. I think I'm going to pass. Here are some pics of the one shown at SDCC last year, snapshots of her from the webisodes and on the cover of an official MH mag:

Last edited by Darkspecter; May 25, 2012 at 11:34pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Whelp...I like her alot!

She'll go great along side Operetta & Ghoulia!

She looks like she went to Rydell High School!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post

She looks like she went to Rydell High School!
    Yup! they definetly have her styled early 60's! I love when they assign a very precise era fashionwise to the characters!

and now that Ive seen those pics of her from the show, I am ditching that Jacket when she arrives!

[/CENTER]

But the jacket is like the pink lady homage.

Maybe the jacket version is the exclusive? She doesn't wear it in any of the webisode art. There could be other pack-ins with the doll too.

Though there is some fridge horror associated with her appearance- she might dress like that because she died in that decade.

I still think Deadfast would have made a better exclusive. He's really only a "sort of there" character(and he's fictional within the MH universe) from one webisode. A perfect exclusive but one that would probably not do so well at retail, being a superhero in a doll line, and one of those figures that a lot of collectors wouldn't really miss if they never got one(simply because you can get mini Deadfast in the fashion pack, unless you have SDCC Ghoulia).

Off the SDCC topic... anyone have that Lagoona classroom set? I want to see a pic of her lab coat on a Draculaura doll. Any, though wave 1, 2-pack or anything not DT or beach preferred.

Saw this on a fan board and just makes me think SDCC is more of a missed opportunity

042012mhbatman.jpg

Frankie = Batgirl
    Draculaura = Harley
    Abbey = Mrs Freeze
    Venus = Poison Ivy
    Toralei = Catwoman

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Saw this on a fan board and just makes me think SDCC is more of a missed opportunity

042012mhbatman.jpg

Frankie = Batgirl
    Draculaura = Harley
    Abbey = Mrs Freeze
    Venus = Poison Ivy
    Toralei = Catwoman
    Draculaura would make for the more obvious Batgirl. Frankie as Live Wire.

Live Wire is not as well known, if DC were to be involved it would be the most famous and iconic characters to the general public

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

042012mhbatman.jpg

Frankie = Batgirl
    Draculaura = Harley
    Abbey = Mrs Freeze
    Venus = Poison Ivy
    Toralei = Catwoman
    OMG. I would be ALL over that. Especially Abbey and Lara.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

The artist said s/he preferred Drac as Harley because of personality. I have another from the artist

Monster High / Batman. by =asieybarbie on deviantART
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm... I see Frankie more as Wonder Woman considering that both were "created" by their parents...

A friend and I found a fresh new case of the new Create-a-Monster starters yesterday... 2 witch/werecat, 1 gargoyle/vampire and 1 vampire/sea monster. Gonna make the boys tough to find, but the cool part is (and I'm really glad I waited to get these) that the re-issue pack now includes two torsos in the proper colors! Really, really hoping that the werewolf/dragon pack gets a re-issue like this!

it's also a Batman theme not DC theme.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'll probably get Scarah if she's available from Mattycollector when the exclusives go on sale.

Wow, the SDCC exclusives from Mattel this year are really underwhelming.

As usual, the local Walmart hasn't restocked anything. Doesn't look like I'm getting Cupid at all, because I'm not willing to pay more than retail for it(which includes postage fees).

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I'll probably get Scarah if she's available from Mattycollector when the exclusives go on sale.

Wow, the SDCC exclusives from Mattel this year are really underwhelming.
    Yeah its weird, they are all either already existing/planned (Monster High, GB) or just basic compared to the past (MOTUC, Tiny Titans, etc). Its like their entire budget got flushed down the toilet for this year. There is not really a MUST HAVE like we are used to from Mattel

Scarah for me is a must have! lol

I hope they keep her just for SDCC...I think that will really make her special and perfect for SDCC and not another variant which there are already (however many) of many of the dolls.

I not big on variants so yet another variant of one of the main characters would have been boring to me. The line is already variant heavy IMO. I am glad so many new characters are coming out, I personally don't need 6 different Frankies and 6 different Dracularas, and 6 different... Give me different fashion packs and I will be alright (I like mixing them up to create my own look for them).

have they said what her pricepoint will be?

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Hi guys! Please don't attack me if this has been discussed before (this is a BIG thread, I checked quite a few pages and I didn't see it mentioned). I was reading a bit on the Monster High boards about how people were signing a petition for Mattel to include torsos for all the different Create-A-Monster figures (because they are different skin tones). Anyway, I happened across the following information on Flickr.

The Vampire and Sea Monster set now comes with TWO torsos! Sounds like Mattel is listening. Here are the pictures:

This is quite exciting! I hope Mattel gets a torso for the Dragon. I'm not quite sure if they will do anything for the expansion packs. Bee girl and the Three eyed girl are my favourites and I'm very sad they don't have matching torsos, upper arms or thighs! I saw the Sea Monster set in-store today, but didn't even think to check to see if there was another torso in there. Dang.

I only have SDCC Ghoulia (cost, space...mainly a space issue), but I really, REALLY need to own all the Create-A-Monsters! They're too cool! Especially all the upcoming Lab and expansions!

Last edited by Darkspecter; May 27, 2012 at 05:51am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Both of my Ghoulia stands clip together so tight I don't think I could take them apart without breaking. Frankie's is also rather secure. The black ones are workable for display, so is Abbery's. Draculaura's though doesn't click together at all, and sits well enough to work but pulls out easy. And she's wave 1.

As far as Kaiser goes, they make black, white, and the 4 pastel colors. And you can also swap rings to bases, so the ring matches the clothing color leaving the base to stand out against the doll(black shoes on a black base is hard to see). I can get mine from a local region shop that has them cheap, and anything I order gets to me in a day. But to buy stands I need to know what specific stand # I need.

I do wonder about the CAM decal lab. Will those decals be on there well enough to last or are they going to come off easily? I don't think we've seen a demonstration or have much info on it yet.