Page 94 of 130 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    But it says she is the daughter of a mad scientist, not a robot. Combs is the perfect mad scientist, Spiner is just a good monotonous robot.

Anyway, my Target had the coffee shop today, but we don't have the money to pick it up, so hopefully it will not be the last time we see it. No Robecca or Venus (thankfully) yet though.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    But it says she is the daughter of a mad scientist, not a robot. Combs is the perfect mad scientist, Spiner is just a good monotonous robot.

Anyway, my Target had the coffee shop today, but we don't have the money to pick it up, so hopefully it will not be the last time we see it. No Robecca or Venus (thankfully) yet though.
    Dr. Soong was a man, and by all accounts, a bit of a crazed wacko of a mad scientist up until his dying days. Brent Spiner played him, and Data was based on his appearance. The guy may have built the first artificial brain that was rather organic in nature, but he was a bit of a fruit loop and everyone thought he was just nuts.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Nail polish Probably right alongside the heinous wigs and clothing that stores can't give away lol

If there was ever a "don't make that again" moment it was the dress up stuff, that was undeniably and epic fail for Mattel
    I guess we dont have to worry about the Nail Polish hanging around after Christmas because at TRU you get a free set if you spend over 30.00!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    I guess we dont have to worry about the Nail Polish hanging around after Christmas because at TRU you get a free set if you spend over 30.00!!!
    I just saw that this morning and has a big in the store
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Movie mayhem!
    Saw this on another site:

Monster High® Create-A-Monster™ Starter Pack Assortment
    Now, ghouls can build their own unique monsters, just like those at Monster High®! The Monster High® Create-A-Monster™ Starter Packs provide all the body parts and fashions needed to create unique scary cool ghouls. New options include a Mummy/Gorgon pack or a Blob/Ice Girl Pack. Each Pack includes 2 torsos, 2 sets of limbs, 2 heads, 1 hairpiece, 2 fashions and a unique add-on accessory like wings. The pieces can be assembled in more than 250 ways! Kids will enjoy creating their own monsters again and again!
    Mummy/goron pack and blob/ice girl pack sounds very interesting... especially the blob?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Dr. Soong was a man, and by all accounts, a bit of a crazed wacko of a mad scientist up until his dying days. Brent Spiner played him, and Data was based on his appearance. The guy may have built the first artificial brain that was rather organic in nature, but he was a bit of a fruit loop and everyone thought he was just nuts.
    Well, Combs did play Data's "daughter", Lol (was it?), before she decided on human female for her final form... Honestly, I think either would be a good choice, though I lean more to Combs because his voice is more distinctive than Spiners (I saw Spiner's turn at the Joker on Young Justice twice and never caught the voice, only realized it after someone else told me it was him -- thought the acting was fine, but the voice didn't stand out to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek
    Mummy/goron pack and blob/ice girl pack sounds very interesting... especially the blob?
    Blob girl is still humanoid, the body parts are just molded in a translucent pink (I believe it also has glitter in it) and the blob wig is a sculpted piece (as is the gorgon wig, guessing out of a very soft PVC like Polly Pocket clothes)
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; August 6, 2012 at 08:47am.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Saw this on another site:

These actually look pretty cool, they are part of the large amount of leaked photos that Mattel had removed from the net. I am totally getting the Blob/Ice set
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Movie mayhem!
    anyone have the photos? i would LOVE to see them

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    anyone have the photos? i would LOVE to see them
    All the pics were legally removed by Mattel, if you go to google and do an image search on monster high blob you can see a thumbnail of the set

Might be able to find some other pics as well

Beyond the few 1:6 custom projects I do and very occasional impulse buy stuff(local comic shop just opened and gets some decent old stuff in for cheap) MH is pretty much all I'm buying. I'm just at the mercy of finding the stuff either in stores, or online with good shipping. I've stopped buying anything Hasbro made(I have many reasons, but mainly, I dislike their company attitudes towards their customers) which has freed up funds, and sold Hasbro stuff off freeing up shelf space. Which is good as these dolls have now consumed 3 shelves with a 4th due to be taken.

In a way I hesitate to go after too many more variants because at this rate, I'll not have room for them soon enough... plus I still have to find cases for each one to keep dust and such off and so far have not found a viable solution. Dollsafe boxes at $3.50 each in this quantity is just too much of an expense.

I lucked out at Goodwill today. I was looking around, trying to find something useful or interesting, and came upon the toy section, and lo and behold, loose Monster High Dolls. There was first edition Frankie, Draculaura, and Lagoona, Gil, a Clawdeen I couldn't identify (purple streaks in hair, but not S1600), and a DOTD Cleo with DOTD Clawdeen's dress, and 1st Ghoulia's boots. But I didn't buy any of these.

I bought these:

Holt was 4.29, and is missing his shirt. DOTD Lagoona was 3.99, and yes, I know, she's a hot mess. All the girl dolls were. DOTD Deuce, because he's missing his left forearm, was a whoppin 1.29. Wanted to get another boy CAM anyhow, now I have another reason to do so.

I am a little annoyed though. The Goodwill employees, to prevent the shoes from being stolen, wrapped the legs of the dolls with packing tape - all the way up the leg! There was no way to avoid removing some of the silver striping off of Deuce's pants taking it off. All they had to do was wrap up the shoe and the lower portion of the leg. Yikes.

Irregardless, I'm surprised and happy I was able to find these dolls in any condition.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    If you can post pics of Clawdeen Im sure one of us can identify her from her Makeup/hair.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    If you can post pics of Clawdeen Im sure one of us can identify her from her Makeup/hair.
    I didn't get her, so that be kinda hard to do. Otherwise I would.

She had purple streaks in her hair, but no foil strands. Been racking my brain trying to think which one she was. Did the Gloom Beach Clawdeen have purple hair? That's the only variant I'm not familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    All they had to do was wrap up the shoe and the lower portion of the leg.
    Or put the thing in a zipper bag and tape the bag shut. This is why I don't bother to dig through the toy section at Goodwill, they'd rather write on the thing with a marker than put a price tag on it.

This Quote was on the Monster High Facebook page..

Monsters beware! Freaky-Fab 13 is just one week away and rumor has it this month's surprises are out of this world.

I guess we are going to get some more Exchange students at Monster High!! I think a space alien girls from outer space would be pretty awesome.. Cant wait to see what they will look like. MGA(Bratz) has a Alien line as well called Novi Stars (Which I bought) Maybe MGA is trying to get the Jump on MH this time around instead of copying..

I don't know, personally I think space aliens aren't needed. They aren't really monsters, and someone out there might wonder if they're trying to slip in some homage to an old obscure 1980s film that was called Monster High... which had no monsters, but was about some aliens who lost an explosive device and had to get it back from high school kids. Mind you, I'd not know about this film if not for it popping up on Amazon searches. More likely that they're trying to compete with MGA's aliens and MIB3 wasn't that long ago.

What you say might be true, but the days of Monster High just being Old School Monsters is over..For good or bad.. All toys lines need to expand to stay alive.. I would rather have new ones of any kind instead of more Variants. Plus how the Promote MH now, being one place were everyone is equal no matter what you look like, who you are or where you came from. Every kind of "Monster" you can think of is going to be fair game now..

If they did go with an "alien" people realize that the metaluna mutant (From This Island Earth) is a Universal Monster right? So Aliens have been in the Monster guild since 1955

So they have all right to add an Alien character into Monster High and not have it jump the shark so to speak

If they did go with an "alien" people realize that the metaluna mutant (From This Island Earth) is a Universal Monster right? So Aliens have been in the Monster guild since 1955

https://cinemaknifefight.files.wordp.../03/mutant.jpg

So they have all right to add an Alien character into Monster High and not have it jump the shark so to speak
    Good Call Markatisu luv that movie..... I would like to see how the Monster High team could take that "Classic Alien" and Make it into Freaky Fab Beautiful MH doll. If anyone could do it they could.. Maybe they could name her Roswell and she is from area 51 or they could make it a boy from another world, We could use a few more dudes.

The Torso 5 pack is 25% off till 5pm PST at mattelshop , you cannot use any coupons with it so it basically pays for shipping. But if anyone was waiting this is one of the best prices that it will get

I suppose, to get technical, much of the Cthulhu mythos beings are aliens from somewhere out of space, and not monsters. This is relevant as Fright On showed several of Cthulhu's Star-Spawn living in the catacombs

Movie mayhem!
    All the pics were legally removed by Mattel, if you go to google and do an image search on monster high blob you can see a thumbnail of the set

Might be able to find some other pics as well
    Ah ok. I was able to find some full size pics. Pretty cool! Excited for the mummy pack too

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I lucked out at Goodwill today. I was looking around, trying to find something useful or interesting, and came upon the toy section, and lo and behold, loose Monster High Dolls. There was first edition Frankie, Draculaura, and Lagoona, Gil, a Clawdeen I couldn't identify (purple streaks in hair, but not S1600), and a DOTD Cleo with DOTD Clawdeen's dress, and 1st Ghoulia's boots. But I didn't buy any of these.

I bought these:

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/.../DSC018481.jpg

Holt was 4.29, and is missing his shirt. DOTD Lagoona was 3.99, and yes, I know, she's a hot mess. All the girl dolls were. DOTD Deuce, because he's missing his left forearm, was a whoppin 1.29. Wanted to get another boy CAM anyhow, now I have another reason to do so.

I am a little annoyed though. The Goodwill employees, to prevent the shoes from being stolen, wrapped the legs of the dolls with packing tape - all the way up the leg! There was no way to avoid removing some of the silver striping off of Deuce's pants taking it off. All they had to do was wrap up the shoe and the lower portion of the leg. Yikes.

Irregardless, I'm surprised and happy I was able to find these dolls in any condition.
    So jealous! I neeeed!

Heads up the Dot Dead Exclusive 3 pack has been sighted at Walmarts in the Southwest (TX) so if you are looking for that it appears they are starting to show up

Found this today on a quick trip to WM

It's not signature Spectra, but it looks nice. If I can get signature Spectra, then this can go with the other variants. If not then I at least have A Spectra.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I've gotta say that I like that Spectra more than the regular one.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.