Page 95 of 130 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Yeah the DDG Spectra is a nicer sculpt
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Found this today on a quick trip to WM
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...dg_spectra.jpg

It's not signature Spectra, but it looks nice. If I can get signature Spectra, then this can go with the other variants. If not then I at least have A Spectra.
    Great score, Diosoth! She looks beautiful. Hope I'm able to find her at retail sometime in the near future.

------

I saw the new alien dolls in Target last Friday. I love the use of translucent and GITD plastics, but the dolls themselves really aren't appealing. They also had Bratzillas' fashion packs and pets in, so if anyone is looking for those, they're starting to show in retail.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; August 7, 2012 at 10:42pm. Reason: addendums

I'm a Val-Pal.
    I am so far behind, was sick, feeling better now just need to get caught up on bills, and a Monster High bill too hehe. And then look at what I have and what I still need to get. I havent gotten anything at all this summer I don't think Ill ever get everything and Im a completest lol. I don't even know whats out since Mark picked up a few things for me lol.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    I am so far behind, was sick, feeling better now just need to get caught up on bills, and a Monster High bill too hehe. And then look at what I have and what I still need to get. I havent gotten anything at all this summer I don't think Ill ever get everything and Im a completest lol. I don't even know whats out since Mark picked up a few things for me lol.
    I have gotten you the last 2 waves, you need the Dead Tired 2.0, Dot Dead Gorgeous, Roller Maze and Robecca/Venus and the SDCC Scarah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Great score, Diosoth! She looks beautiful. Hope I'm able to find her at retail sometime in the near future.

------

I saw the new alien dolls in Target last Friday. I love the use of translucent and GITD plastics, but the dolls themselves really aren't appealing. They also had Bratzillas' fashion packs and pets in, so if anyone is looking for those, they're starting to show in retail.
    Check Gordmans if you have them near you, Kmart, and Toys R Us just got them in over the weekend, or my store because I have 2 of her in stock lol
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I have some money sitting in Paypal that I could throw to an Amazon purchase... something I'll never find locally. Coffin Bean is $30, bu this I might find and in a way, the set doesn't really impress me. I could just drop $35 on signature Spectra... it's not looking likely I'll see her locally, but then again, I hate to spend that much money and then find my Walmart has put out more reissue cases. But how likely are they to even put more out at this point?

I could get TRU fashion set Frankie... I mean, retail on it is $25, plus tax and driving to TRU would cost more than the markup through Amazon, so $35 total isn't too bad.

The Coffin Bean imho is not worth the money, the Clawdeen is great but the actual coffee shop is kinda cheap. I guess if you factor in the doll cost its not too bad a playset

Targets around here got TONS of the Coffin Bean so you might want to check them out, of course with tax it would be more than what Amazon was charging.

Target, KMart, Meijer and TRU are each an hour's drive away, which means about $15 gas for a round trip if I find anything or not. All I have local is Walmart, and maybe whatever Walgreens might get in, if they're still carrying(I've seen nothing MH-related there, beyond some posters, for months). Kroger got in some Skull Shores but they basically got a cardboard display f nothing but Draculaura and Ghoulia. My local options, without driving, are real limited.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yeah, DDG Spectra... her stand is silver, clicks together nice and solid, and the waist ring fits on tight enough you can have her hover a bit. On the downside, they rubber banded her hand and iCoffin together and they got a bit bent in the box. The wrist peg was definitely curved... running it under hot water and straightening it helped(thankfully it hadn't broken). Plus both wrists actually look like they're inserted into the arm at a slight angle, like the arm is molded funny. Being clear, it's easy to see. It's not a huge deal though... the iCoffin is actually intended to fit on the left hand, not the right, so Mattel dropped the ball on that.

I'm not sure if this left hand type is a new mold but it's got fingers curved and bent in the same way as the left hand of the males. It's not like the usual hands of the females. There are 2 L hooks on the iCoffin which fit over the fingers. The iCoffin sticker isn't applied evenly but peeling it off will probably destroy it. The slider to open it is also loose. Still, the fact she can "hold" it is a major step up. I'm not sure what her tiny compact/lock/whatever thing is for though. It clips shut, has a sticker with red/blue/purple sections, and a small indent that looks like it should fit some tiny accessory but nothing was included. I'm not sure what it is. And of course, she can't hold or even store it.

alien dolls?

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Saw a TON of original spectra, Frankie (rerelease), Draculaura (rerelease) and Cupid, today at TRU. Some lady had a ton of spectra and cupid in her cart! Obviously a re-seller, but still a crazy sight.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Movie mayhem!
    Yea I love that Clawdeen that comes with the CoffinBean...

- - - Updated - - -

I really like the idea of an alien figure. I think it would be really cool if they did one year what they did with polly pocket and released a skeletor or trapjaw figure. Or made Battle Cat and Panthor werecat two pack

Quote Originally Posted by CrashWatchman View Post
    alien dolls?
    Yeah I'm just as confused as you are. What alien dolls?
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    Yeah I'm just as confused as you are. What alien dolls?
    I Think Nekk-Ra is talking about the new Novi Stars dolls that are made by MGA(Bratz) which are out right now.. But on the 13th of every month Monster High makes some kind of MH anouncement. a Few days ago they said this on the MH facebook Page...

Monsters beware! Freaky-Fab 13 is just one week away and rumor has it this month's surprises are out of this world. So my guess is Monster High is also going to be making Alien Dolls as well. It seams like Bratz and MH are going to battle...
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; August 8, 2012 at 11:04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Saw a TON of original spectra, Frankie (rerelease), Draculaura (rerelease) and Cupid, today at TRU. Some lady had a ton of spectra and cupid in her cart! Obviously a re-seller, but still a crazy sight.
    Frankie got re-released?!?!? SCORE!! I need one of those!!!

She is going to have to donate those Cupids to the Salvation Army because nobody wants them, that version with the diary is inferior to the original Sweet 1600

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    She is going to have to donate those Cupids to the Salvation Army because nobody wants them, that version with the diary is inferior to the original Sweet 1600
    lol! Whats the differences besides the box? I hope my girlfriend doesnt make me get her another one now lol
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

did anyone get their torsos yet!? I got mine today and was just able to put together the ghost girl cam! She stands fine without a stand!!
    theres a bit of a color mismatch but I guess thats to be expected as the white is painted on here fore arms & calfs. She looks great!

do not have the other girl cams, I wanted the Bee but never got her because I didnt like not having the matching torso. no doubt will be picking her up now...perhaps the others too! lol

- - - Updated - - -

the hair the paint

the 1600 has better hair and paint.

the rerelease looks like she got into a fight and lost!

lol! Whats the differences besides the box? I hope my girlfriend doesnt make me get her another one now lol
    Bad Hair, different paint job, crappy overall revision. Only positive is the diary but the 2.0 release is a utter mess outside that. She was rushed and it shows badly

And if I could find a Sweet 1600 Cupid, all of that would matter to me. I'm stuck with the new version and I don't feel it worth paying online price plus postage to replace it. I mean, if I could find one locally I'd get one and sell my other Cupid but I'm not going to pay $35 online for one. And locally probably isn't happening because when they did get them, they wouldn't ring up, or I'd have one.
    Last edited by diosoth; August 9, 2012 at 01:16am.

Widget
    Got my torsos in yesterday. They did a pretty good job of matching the colors with the wave one original pieces. Hopefully they'll release a new torso pack for the wave two add on packs.
    ItsAllTrue.net, the best toy review site that I write for!

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureVault View Post
    Got my torsos in yesterday. They did a pretty good job of matching the colors with the wave one original pieces. Hopefully they'll release a new torso pack for the wave two add on packs.
    A blue male torso would be AWESOME!!! We need to make a complete Puma boy!!

But then again...I have a naked Gargoyle boy still so...

Walmart had nothing... everything was sold out, including a single Sweet 1600 Clawdeen that had been there for about 2 months now. So I'm not sure if I should risk waiting to see if they restock more reissues, or just get Spectra now online. If I wait I could pay more online if they don't stock more here. I can get them new on Amazon for about $34 shipped, or there's a loose one on eBay for $27.50 shipped but it's probably an original wave 2 and I'd imagine elastic hips. In a way I'd prefer the plastic hips.

I gave up on ever getting Howleen and Clawdeen. I didn't like the reissued Clawdeen, the set was $29.99 retail and my Target never got it anyway. I never saw this set in any store. Then suddenly, someone returned one to my store and it was on CLEARANCE for $8.98! It was like the universe saying, "Hey you were late to work and have had kind of a crummy day. Here, have a treat! Cheer up!"

Movie mayhem!
    what! That is amazing!! JEALOUSY!! haha

Got a Robecca and Venus finally (thanks to a fellow collector)!!!!! Venus is sooo cool and I love her pet plant. My Robecca's face paint seems off I'm hoping we can find another one with better eye paint. Looks like the Wal-mart exclusives are also starting to show up. I haven't found any yet but some have been spotted and are on e-bay.

Yeah, I was talking about the Novi Stars (couldn't remember the name). As I said, they had some cool ideas for them, but the execution is poor - they're a $10 doll with a $20 price tag.

----

I also got the torsos I ordered, and was finally able to put together Bee Girl (the CAM witch dress looks pretty decent on her). I'm saving one of the white torsos for Ghost Girl (if I see her again), and will probably start swapping out the CAM's with the mismatched torsos. Except Skelly - I like her with the grey body, so it looks like still has flesh on her, but not for long.