Page 103 of 130 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    My god, my TRU most have hit a gold mine or something. They have 9 Robeccas, 7 Ivys, 5 regular Lagoonas, 3 DDC Lagoonas, 3 DDC Operettas, 2 DDC Spectras, 4 Hydration Stations, and 14 of every Ghouls Rule doll.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    If you need either of them, Amazon apparently got the reissue case FINALLY, and Spectra is $15.82 RIGHT NOW. I get the feeling it's not a permanent price, may be up higher by morning if she's not totally sold out but if you can get on Amazon now, it may just get her cheap. Wave 2 Clawdeen is also only $17.99. I just ordered both, was less than $34 shipped for the pair with free shipping. If I'd found them locally I'd have paid about $13 more.

- - - Updated - - -

Spectra's gone back up to $17.99 only a few hours after I placed my order.

But it's still an improvement over what she was going for on Amazon only a week ago... like a 50% reduction in price.

Heroic Warrior
    The Roadster with Draculaura has started showing up. There are a few on eBay right now and there's a good shot of the doll over at MonsterHighDolls.com...

http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/phot...context=latest

Worst I can say is that I'm not feeling the shoes. Personally I think that the insect/Scarah shoes or one with ankle straps would have been better, but if that's the worst I can say...

Sure, the doll could be plussed up and all, but for $15 more than the car by itself I don't think we could expect much more, right, especially at JCP's prices.
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; September 28, 2012 at 01:48am.

I may see if I can somehow buy that doll loose, but the roadster... nowhere at all to even consider putting that on a shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    My god, my TRU most have hit a gold mine or something. They have 9 Robeccas, 7 Ivys, 5 regular Lagoonas, 3 DDC Lagoonas, 3 DDC Operettas, 2 DDC Spectras, 4 Hydration Stations, and 14 of every Ghouls Rule doll.
    Not a gold mine, just starting to get their Christmas stock. Same with Amazon

It will all be sold out within a month and then the prices will skyrocket again, I am betting we see the Scaris line before Christmas with the rate Mattel is burning through their shipments
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    The DDG 3 pack surfaced at an Aussie Supermarket chain today. thats the quickest we have gotten ANY exclusive! the SS one still hasnt surfaced
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I looked this weekend and Howleen 2pk is back at Target, each of ours has 10+ so if you missed out the last 2 times I would head there and look
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Local WM hasn't stocked much anything... I found an MLP figurine 3-pack a couple weeks back, and I've seen some "not doll" Bratzillaz auxiliary merchandise but nothing else. And my Spectra/Clawdeen Amazon order won't be here until Wednesday, it looks like. And for any non-WM exclusive I'll have to rely on someone online to middle man it, shy of that chain getting it in online long enough for me to buy, as their nearest stores are too far to drive to. And even then I only want Howleen, the Clawdeen in that set doesn't interest me. At best I'd have to sell it.

- - - Updated - - -

Family Dollar is getting Dead Tired wave 2 in, $15 full price, but you may at least find them there. They also have a $5 150 piece lenticular image puzzle that looks rather nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I added Spectra and wave 2 Clawdeen to my collection yesterday. Walmart had Bratzillaz, I grabbed Jade J'Adore today. The usual "nightmare to open" Bratzillaz packaging, and the soft calves mean her legs need time to straighten out form being in the package. On the other hand, her hair isn't the hideous mess that Meygana's hair was, probably because there's not much there- at least, not so much it weighs the head down.

My enthusiasm for Bratzillaz isn't as high as it could be, I guess. I like the inset eyes and some of the overall look. The hair being of a lesser quality material and those soft lower legs drag down my overall opinion. The stands aren't as good. I'll probably stick with the 2 I got but won't throw another $60 at the other 3 when there are still 4 MH dolls I wish to buy as it is.

Flickr pics of a new line "Dance class" http://www.flickr.com/photos/furgaaltamoda/

Has Howleen in it. Good for those still chasing her, she's sold individually in this line.

JC Penney has MH for Christmas, Dead Tired Wave 2 is $16ea, they also have Wave 8 of the Signature (Robecca/Venus/Rochelle/Abbey) for $25 and the Exclusive Draculaura Car is $35

I want those Dance Class ones, they look great!

The pics are too small and blurry to see if they are even worth it to me.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Lagoona and Robecca might make decent fashion pack bodies. Operetta is... okay. Not as good or as themed well as her DDG doll was(for swing it doesn't really work. Looks way too "Tim Burton" and not enough "The Mask"). Howleen isn't great but her signature in the 2-pack was also a hideous visual mess to start with... people will buy it just to get a doll of her because even now the 2-pack is a bit elusive.

They're not bad, but they do seem to be on the low end of the ones I'd buy. I tend to avoid Dead Tired(the slumber theme holds no real appeal to me) and get picky when it comes to variants, though at least this wave doesn't have a single Draculaura in it.

I feel like Mattel has been really going the cheap route with these latest releases. Both the Jcpenny's and Costco's Draculaura exclusive dolls are big disappointments. They don't look anything like the prototypes we saw. They both have the exact same face paint as the Skull Shores Draculaura. As for the new dance wave, none of the girls hairstyles are like the artwork that is pictured. All of the releases thus far the hair matches the art (what happened). I hope they slow down. I'd rather them take longer to release new dolls then pump them out like this and them coming out so lackluster.

Of course, they'll be "featured" in a webisode from anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute(like how DDG got sort of shoved in almost as an afterthought), then they'll revert right back to their signature looks. This is why the signature dolls shouldn't really be discontinued, even if it means releasing them 1 or 2 waves per year- it's how they look 99% of the time and it's probably how most people are going to want them. And they'll sell, because right now the line's at the point where they could sell Monster High Bits O'Twine In A Bag and if online prices are 5X retail then they'll move no problem. Spectra certainly didn't suffer any from a re-release.

I kind of wonder how well the wave 2 looks would have done if the webisodes had switched over to those outfits instead of retaining the old looks?

Did any one else who went to Power-Con notice Garret Sander was there?
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkslipx84 View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...t/DSCF7918.jpg
    That is awesome!!!! Looks like he is also a He-man fan. Did anyone get to talk to him and ask him any questions? Man it would be awesome to see a She-ra themed Monster High exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkslipx84 View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...t/DSCF7918.jpg
    I think he bought something from my table Damn I did not even realize

I am even in that pic, I am wearing the red hat behind him with Topher (Heftysmurf76 who was helping us)

Heroic Warrior
    Just a head's up for anyone looking to add a little atmosphere to their displays. Walmart (and I'm sure the other retailers as well) have these "iron" fence pieces in the Halloween aisles right now. My best friend and her daughter took some great pics showing off how well they work with the MH dolls, thought you guys might want to take a look...

____

____
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; October 9, 2012 at 09:53pm.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    While I'm interested in Monster High, I've managed to resist the temptation to buy any of the merchandise.. I have too much going on with MOTUC and My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic to start collecting even more toy lines...

However, I just saw Spectra Vondergeist for the first time in a store here. I've never been more tempted to make a MH purchase, she's gorgeous! I love her style and color scheme etc..

Think I'll have to make a custom Spectra Pony to fulfil the craving.

Anybody got any idea what would be a good symbol to paint on the rump of a ponified Spectra?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post

Anybody got any idea what would be a good symbol to paint on the rump of a ponified Spectra?
    Each character has a 'Symbol/Icon' specific to them that is referenced and reused in some way in all their packaging and varients.

Spectras is a 'Ghostly ball and Chain'. and Chains,balls and manacles are all over her.

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    Don't remember anyone mentioning it, but the Lagoona 2.0 re-issue is out. Found it at TRU in Clarksville, IN this morning.

Out of box (and clear!) photo's of the new Dance line on flickr MUST get Howleen, she's just so sweet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52380108@N03/

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Don't remember anyone mentioning it, but the Lagoona 2.0 re-issue is out. Found it at TRU in Clarksville, IN this morning.
    Yeah she is part of Wave 9 which is what is shipping, there are 2 of her per case. This week I saw her at Target as well.

The Robecca is pretty cool too.

The Howleen is nice...but I far prefer the signature version! the Operetta would be great in the fashion pack outfit...now im anoyed that I bought an extra Signature doll for it!

I really want the latest Abby and Clawdeen fashion packs...are they readily available in the states?

[/CENTER]