Page 104 of 130 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    That is awesome!!!! Looks like he is also a He-man fan. Did anyone get to talk to him and ask him any questions? Man it would be awesome to see a She-ra themed Monster High exclusive.
    Yeah i talked to him a bit about MH and Mattel cause I've applied several times since finishing at FIDM. he's really cool.
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkslipx84 View Post
    Yeah i talked to him a bit about MH and Mattel cause I've applied several times since finishing at FIDM. he's really cool.
    Did you guys talk about He-man? What does he think of Motuc? He should help Mattel relaunch Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    The Howleen is nice...but I far prefer the signature version! the Operetta would be great in the fashion pack outfit...now im anoyed that I bought an extra Signature doll for it!

I really want the latest Abby and Clawdeen fashion packs...are they readily available in the states?
    Which ones? The snowboarding Abbey and Gaudy Housewives of Monster High Clawdeen? If so the answer is yes and they were on $2 clearance at Target a month or so ago
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Did you guys talk about He-man? What does he think of Motuc? He should help Mattel relaunch Pop.
    it didnt cross my mind. mainly gushed about the MH
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Which ones? The snowboarding Abbey and Gaudy Housewives of Monster High Clawdeen? If so the answer is yes and they were on $2 clearance at Target a month or so ago
    LOL That Sux!! After i posted that i went to the store and they had both of them. (the Abby one I meant wasnt the snowboarding one, but the one with the skate boots)

and...I know Im in the minority here....but i LOVE the Desperate Housewives Clawdeen outfit! Its so retro cool...seriously my fave outfit of the line!lol

and Its great she is finally dressed! I have had her washed and styled and waiting for the fashion since I got howleen in april!lol

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    LOL That Sux!! After i posted that i went to the store and they had both of them. (the Abby one I meant wasnt the snowboarding one, but the one with the skate boots)

and...I know Im in the minority here....but i LOVE the Desperate Housewives Clawdeen outfit! Its so retro cool...seriously my fave outfit of the line!lol

and Its great she is finally dressed! I have had her washed and styled and waiting for the fashion since I got howleen in april!lol

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/P1130789.jpg
    I actually love that outfit too!!! It reminds me of something that Pizzaz would have worn in the 80's.

I love that outfit too! It's so over the top and outrageous. I agree, definitely feels like something put of Jem!

I like that they make clawdeen wear really out there stuff, makes her fun to collect.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    There is an exclusive Clawdeen in the outfit that was sold at a few stores. Personally I think it looks tacky and ugly and doesn't really mesh with the overall MH line much(it looks like she's about to appear on Jerry Springer). I also really limit myself on variations(absolutely no more than 4 of any character, I don't have shelf room for every version) and I already own 2 of her- once I get the signature and Scary Tales I'll have all my Clawdeens.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    There is an exclusive Clawdeen in the outfit that was sold at a few stores. Personally I think it looks tacky and ugly and doesn't really mesh with the overall MH line much(it looks like she's about to appear on Jerry Springer). I also really limit myself on variations(absolutely no more than 4 of any character, I don't have shelf room for every version) and I already own 2 of her- once I get the signature and Scary Tales I'll have all my Clawdeens.
    Yeah the Killer Style line, It also had Operetta in her fashion. They were are sold at Big Lots and Kohls. I agree I think its very trashy
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Between that and her GR suit you wonder if she does some extra shopping at a certain "rock n roll clown's" yard sales for her fashions. Though I may pop into Big Lots soon and see if I can get that Operetta, at least.

Off topic of merch I've been thinking of doing a story series wherein Caleb, the hero of the old horror-themed FPS "Blood" gets stuck taking a teaching job at MH as the wood shop teacher, because he can literally get no work elsewhere(because as we all know, Walmart and Target just can't wait to hire a man born in the 1800s with no ID and glowing red eyes..). I'll ignore Blood 2 for plot reasons(and the less spoken of that abysmal attempt of a game, the better). Put it in the background of the webisode canon so it doesn't interfere with anything.

Yeah the Killer Style line, It also had Operetta in her fashion. They were are sold at Big Lots and Kohls. I agree I think its very trashy
    I disagree with the two of you. I think this outfit looks cool, retro, and fresh all in one shot. If you see it on a different Clawdeen(one with just the brown hair) doll you might have another opinion. This is the type of outfit that a famous pop star would rock. It does look better without the jacket on.

It's definitely something Dee Snyder would wear....

As for the Blood/MH fanfic idea, nah... I'd rather lose my eyesight than write fiction again.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I need pics.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I disagree with the two of you. I think this outfit looks cool, retro, and fresh all in one shot. If you see it on a different Clawdeen(one with just the brown hair) doll you might have another opinion. This is the type of outfit that a famous pop star would rock. It does look better without the jacket on.
    I totally agree...Id LOVE a plain brownhaired Clawdeen for it...but Those babies aint cheap sadly! and now ALL of her come with colored streaks!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I need pics.
    Of what? the Dancing Dolls?

FYI: I popped into my local Wal-mart today and they had Cupid back on sale. Not the reissue, the Sweet 1600 one. So if you're still looking, she's back.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    FYI: I popped into my local Wal-mart today and they had Cupid back on sale. Not the reissue, the Sweet 1600 one. So if you're still looking, she's back.
    I noticed that as well. I thought it was a little strange. Good for those who missed out on the original. I think the Sweet 1600 version is far superior to the re-release.

I may keep an eye out... if I can get the 1600 one for base retail, sure, I'll get it. The reissue has mushed hair, no heart loop and those white wrist discs. But I'll keep the reissue's wings, they seem to have better paints. Selling a spare Cupid won't be a problem.

Someone found yet another MH clone line at Family Dollar. Their clothes fit MH bodies, and the bodies look almost recast.

I might have to get those Family Dollar ones, they interest me far more than the Twilight rip off ones at TRU

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    You got to Love Knock-Offs, I wish there was a family Dollar near me.. If anyone gets these could you post them here? or if someone see them somewhere else. I would like to know the Quality of the doll??

Wow!! Five dollars seems like a steal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    You got to Love Knock-Offs, I wish there was a family Dollar near me.. If anyone gets these could you post them here? or if someone see them somewhere else. I would like to know the Quality of the doll??
    I am going to head out today and see if I can get a few sets of them, my wife says she thinks they are the size of Nefera so that would at least give her some clothing options

Mattel released new pics of the upcoming wave, I am guessing this is the 2.0 for Spectra and Abbey which would mirror the original wave they were in last year

New webisode- Please embed youtube videos

Though I suspect it's an old one that's just now getting on the Youtube channel... it's centered around Dawn of the Dance which is an old wave, and Cleo shows up in her wave 2 outfit.

And a new Barbie LITD- Please embed youtube videos

Ken upgrades Barbie's closet with a new computer AI assistant... too bad he apparently installed the offspring of HAL-9000 and Skynet...

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    I am going to head out today and see if I can get a few sets of them, my wife says she thinks they are the size of Nefera so that would at least give her some clothing options
    Thats Cool, Let us know whats out there!! and if find to many I am sure someone would take a set off your hands

Heroic Warrior
    Went out yesterday morning and had much better luck finding Midnight Magic dolls compared to Mystixx. The dolls are packed eight to a display tray (two of each doll) and are on the modular paperwork for FD so they should be available at least through the holidays. The local store had one tray in the modular spot and another on the high shelves near the register. After the huge sub and day-of bills I had with Matty this month I only had enough to grab one, so I went with the brightest, Mila... (click the thumbs for the big images)

I apologize for the quality of some of the pics, the flash and focus wanted to do their own thing... The box looks nice from the front, but there's little more than text to the rest of it. The rear has the back story for the line, the right side has a short charactar bio and the left side (which I forgot to take a pic of...) just has the Midnight Magic logo on it. Since it's a little tough to make out in the photo above, the girls are named Kayley (purple), Mila (blue), Adele (pink) and Pippa (gray). I kind of hope that the line sells well for Family Dollar and we get more color variations or that stores like Dollar General get their own batch of girls in different colors (orange, green, yellow, red... any of those would be nice). The manufacturer is listed as Lovely Patsy of Hong Kong. I've never seen that name before but I don't normally check the knock-off fashion dolls either... I find it interesting that the line's logo features four test tubes of different colored liquid and each one matches the skin color of one of the girls except orange which would be to Pippa's gray (really think she would've looked better in orange even thought the gray is close to the weretwins gray). The backside of the inner tray (which I also forgot to take a pic of) has a code for an online game that's accessible on their website after purchasing all four dolls (I haven't tried it, yet, but the codes seem rather easy to figure out since they're already in a drop-down menu). The doll is held in place by a twist-tie around each ankle and a plastic insert behind the shoulders that feeds through the cardboard.

The doll seems to be very well made considering the price-point though the boots and clothes are a bit on the "cheap" side. The boots are thin, blow-mold plastic (like vintage Mego boots) and the toes do get caught easily in the "folds" when putting them on (and, yes, they do fit on Monster High). As you can see in the photo, the doll is quite taller than the normal girls and almost as tall as the boys (actually, she would be taller if the head was proportionate to MH heads). I do have Nefera but she's in storage at the moment so I don't have her available to do a direct comparison. I haven't opened her, either, so I can't even make a guess as to if they're close in size or not. The hair is very long, you can see the strand of purple that I accidentally straightened taking her out of the package, pulling it completely straight and it's about three inches below the soles of her boots.

Construction-wise the doll has a ball socket head (didn't try to remove it), ball socket shoulders, elbows and wrists, slight ball socket movement in the hips and internal "clicky" knees (like Barbie) that move one click forward and two clicks back. I did try to remove the hands and lower arms (which are reversed - at least on this doll - wonder if they're made in the same factory as MOTUC?) but they didn't budge so I stopped trying, didn't want to break them. The hands do not have sculpted nails and the toes are lacking much form or detail. The torso has the molded-on panties with raised hearts and the lower back has the Midnight Magic logo as a "tramp stamp" with the Family Dollar name and a numeric code between the shoulders. While the hair is of the rather cheap variety that you would expect on a doll like this, the body is very sturdy and feels like a big-name product outside of some plastic flash here and there. Even the deco work on the face is much better than to be expected. The biggest complaint that I have with the doll outside of the very cheap boots and clothing is that the arms and legs (even though they're made from completely different types of plastic) both have this weird sepia tinge to the color. That's the best way I can describe it, but I'm not sure it's a completely accurate way to say it...
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; October 20, 2012 at 08:07am.