Page 109 of 130 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

I've missed so many dolls. Tsk. I need to fix that.

Who is the silver witch with the cat eyes?
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I really hate it when companies advertise things they do not actually have instock. We got a TRU ad in today's newspaper and it had this big spread showing all of the Scaris figures, saying they are the first to have them instock. So of course, we go to TRU today just after they opened, and there was not a single Scaris box anywhere to be had.
    The ad did not say they would guarantee them to be in stock, it said get them here first. We saw them at ours today but only Frankie and Clawdeen.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Machinitess View Post
    I've missed so many dolls. Tsk. I need to fix that.

Who is the silver witch with the cat eyes?
    A bratzilla doll.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The ad did not say they would guarantee them to be in stock, it said get them here first. We saw them at ours today but only Frankie and Clawdeen.
    I understand that, but if you are going to advertise it, you should at least have a few cases in stock at every store to support your ad. I miss the days when stores were required to hold products in their warehouse for the Sunday ad.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Movie mayhem!
    I've seen a lot of Scaris near me which is weird because in the past I have had a really hard time finding these dolls near me. No new characters but all the other ones have been at my stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I've seen a lot of Scaris near me which is weird because in the past I have had a really hard time finding these dolls near me. No new characters but all the other ones have been at my stores.
    Yeah Justice has them in spades, the only hard ones to find are the two everyone wants

Deuce and the other subline Scaris (the smaller boxed ones) just started showing up on Amazon this weekend so we should start seeing them hit most retail in the next few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I understand that, but if you are going to advertise it, you should at least have a few cases in stock at every store to support your ad. I miss the days when stores were required to hold products in their warehouse for the Sunday ad.
    I think that was what supposed to happen, but because TRU was selling out of product due to Black Friday I think they put them out early since the boxes are not street date marked (unlike say Batman TDKR which had a DO NOT SELL UNTIL on the cases).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I haven't seen anything local beyond a local Kroger-owned grocery store getting in Roller Maze and DT2, but I can't say I want anything from those waves. But I have to go out again today for major grocery shopping so maybe Big Lots will have their display out or I'll luck out at Walgreens.

Meanwhile... I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the brushes these dolls come with. I have so many of them. Mattel could cut costs by ditching these things, they're sort of not needed. The stands are more useful, and if a doll's hair is glued over into a sealed style they're not even useful.

Heroic Warrior
    Is this real?...

...if it is, any word on the others in that wave?...

EDIT: did a little more research, she's real (she can be found on Mattel's service site), supposedly there will be a Frankie and Operetta to go along with her (but I found no real evidence at Mattel's site).
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; December 4, 2012 at 08:51am.

I bought Lagoona's scream uniform swimsuit off eBay this morning.... $20 shipped. Not a fun price. But I can hopefully make enough off selling my wave 2 Lagoona's clothing and such off to make up for that cost.

But it's not as bad as the $55 Ghoulia school club outfits I saw! So glad someone picked that one up for me a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I bought Lagoona's scream uniform swimsuit off eBay this morning.... $20 shipped. Not a fun price. But I can hopefully make enough off selling my wave 2 Lagoona's clothing and such off to make up for that cost.
    Not too bad, I saw one of those at Walmart over the weekend. Of course with shipping it would probably come close to $20

I saw DT2 and Roller Maze at Kroger, and they were on sale with Plus card for $10 each. I was going to buy Lagoona.... then I saw a big round gouge in her right calf and put it back.

But I have to go out again later and will pass by the local Jay-C(Kroger-owned smaller chain) so maybe they'll have one there.

I will probably get that Picture day lagoona for my Lagoona. So for specific characters I am waiting on Scaris Clawdeen and Rochelle, then Picture Day Lagoona for openers. Off that I wouldn't mind having the rest of the Skull Shores the five pack, and the upcoming Superhero dolls. Might get one or two Katrinas, and as it stands will be done.

both my Walmart and Kmart had restock of outfits, I was wondering if they were coming out with more just the other day.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Skelita and Jinafire are definites, and Scaris Deuce too as I picked up his scream uniform pack at Big Lots already. I'll get DDG Operetta if they ever stock her around here, and will probably get Dance Class Operetta. Caterina certainly. Seeing as Sweet 1600 Cupid has been sighted here and there recently I'm keeping an eye out for one to replace my reissue version, but won't order one as I'd not pay more than retail. And I suppose I'll wait and see what happens with that mystery new box reissue Clawdeen and maybe hope Lagoona and Holt get reissues with it.

Past that I'll get the 5 Bratzillaz pets, the 5 GITD beach dolls, and that new vampire character. I'd rather dig into that line than by variants such as Picture Day and Scaris, because I just can't justify too many of certain characters and some of them sort of bore me.

I haven't seen much at retail lately. ToysRUs had the Scaris and Ghouls Alive dolls, but not Jinafire or Skellita (?). No one else has had anything new for a month now. My local Wal-mart had those new GITD Bratzillas in, minus the Mermaid doll (who really isn't a mermaid, she just has fin-like clothes). I decided to pick up the Sashabella one, not only because I'm a sucker for glow in the dark toys, but she's sporting a cavewoman look that I think is just fun. Still "meh" on the rest.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    My local Wal-mart had those new GITD Bratzillas in, minus the Mermaid doll
    Apparently the mermaid won't be out until spring next year, the main 5 are just rushed out for Christmas.

Heroic Warrior
    Got to finally see Jinafire and Skelita "in the flesh" this morning and they are absolutely beautiful dolls, can't wait to get mine. Gotta say I think this assortment's Frankie is my favorite out of all the Frankies. Clawdeen and Rochelle are nice, but Frankie is the one...

I decided to stick to a "3 dolls per character" limit because I only have so much money and shelf space. And with that I am capped on Draculaura and Ghoulia, and both Lagoona and Clawdeen leave space for their signature dolls and no more.

Got my cases of Scaris from Mattel today for my store, Jinafire is absolutely amazing! Still don't care for Skelita

Sorted and posed my collection this morning. Some purses got removed simply because they just hang off the arm- GRIPPING HANDS, MATTEL! I really wanted Lagoona to hold her paddle board but even with rubber bands holding it to the arm, it just didn't work, the thing weighs too much.

This weekend ordered Scaris Clawdeen and Rochelle from Walmart's site having it shipped to store to save on shipping. Then I wait for a picture day Lagoona and Catrine De Mew, and see what I can do for Robecca. For some reason I get the feeling she won't have many variants same with Toralai.

I still wonder why no variants have been made of Toralai.

So as if in response when I made my K-mart trip today to see if they had a Winx Tecna in, I found they had a refresh of the Robecca, Venus, Abbey wave. So I just picked up another Robecca to open. I also wondered on the way in if the reason there hasn't been another Toralei release has to do with the tail. But Howleen is getting a second release, and I would assume Catrine gets the same body. But to find a Deuce for the Girlfriend.
    Last edited by wyldman11; December 11, 2012 at 02:22pm.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Robecca is already ahead of Toralei in the variants arena!

The only the Tora ever got was the fashion pack! unless we count Purrsephone,Meowlody and Catrine as variants!lol
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Robecca is already ahead of Toralei in the variants arena!

The only the Tora ever got was the fashion pack! unless we count Purrsephone,Meowlody and Catrine as variants!lol
    Forgot about Dance Class aside from Howleen getting a figure in it.

Toralei's treatment is just mind boggling, she sold best out of the wave she was in while Nefera and Operetta were least popular. But yet she got 1 fashion pack and then nothing else. No subline dolls, no themed dolls despite being in the stories.

Hopefully they give her a new 2013 Doll, whether it is Picture Day or a themed line. She is a great sculpt and since the Cat Twins and Catarina are Store Exclusives she is the only Cat to be available to the general public in mass qty

I wonder if it has to do with how they have essentially made the character a bully and the theme for most of this year has been moral lessons and they don't want to encourage that with the buyers of the dolls. I haven't liked the way they have been using her lately, as a gag reel when her bullying antics go over board.

Which brings up two other things, I haven't liked most of the webisodes this year because they are too obviously morality tales, I prefer the Seusian way of morality tales.

The other being Monster High is a weird thing, about pushing diversity especially amongst the more outcast types and then the main characters haven't been anything but the most popular characters at their school.

It could be worse... they could be forcing the exact same pointless, one-dimensional "villain" character into every episode, when the character would have absolutely no need to be in every episode, or much any episode beyond one per season(and this is why Gilda and Trixie are rarely seen in MLP, because having them in every episode would be boring).

I'll second the point of the focal cast being the popular kids... and it's not as if the "children of the most famous monsters" excuse even works because Frankenstein is the only certified one. "Sea monster"? Which sea monster? Ghoulia is the "daughter"(reanimated corpse) of an unspecified zombie. Cleo is the daughter of some guy who was once sort of important in Egypt but now sells antiques. Clawdeen is from a random werewolf family, not any famous werewolf, and Draculaura's adoptive father was retconned to be a different guy whereas THE Dracula just "took the name".

Picture Day actually disappoints me and it's because the dolls continue to have the exact same bland expression. Is this picture day, or a trip to the DMV for a driver's license photo?

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone wants the Bratzillaz for almost half off, Amazon has 4 of them for $10 each, and Sashabella for 4$14, and they're all free shipping eligible. That's all 5 for $54.