Page 116 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3240

Thread: Monster High

Double...

So maybe we'll get 16 new characters. I love the line but hope its not 2xs the new characters. This line has been easy for me beacuse I only get the signature dolls of each one and no variants. It keeps the collection size in check. That's not gonna work so well with so many new characters.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I finally found Scaris Deuce!! Me and my niece went to Target last night to return some items and low and behold a lone Deuce was there. It's funny because originally we weren't going to check the toy aisles. But she kept insisting. She got to the aisle before I did and yelled in excitement! I've never seen her get so much excitement out of a toyline like this one (reminds me of myself with Masters back in the 80's). Now time to hunt for Catrine, Toralei Cheerpack, and Swim dolls.

Does anyone know if Mattel will ever release a regular retail Scarah or Hoodude? Alot of people missed out on the exclusives and the online prices are insane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Does anyone know if Mattel will ever release a regular retail Scarah or Hoodude? Alot of people missed out on the exclusives and the online prices are insane!!!
    They may, so far on the schedule there is nothing for either one. If they do I would guess we would see Scarah without Hoodude and possibly in another outfit with her jacket.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    If anyone needs Ghoulia's scooter, Walmart's website has it listed for $12 with free site-to-store. They also have Bratzillaz Cafe Zap for $10. Don't know if those prices apply in store or not.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    We picked up the super hero Clawdeen only to find out that you need to get them all for the comic book story and we passed on Spectra.

No Duece or Dimew yet.

BTW, when is the headless teacher coming out to TRU?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    BTW, when is the headless teacher coming out to TRU?
    No date has been set yet, at Toy Fair we should find out for sure
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Got lucky this last week. Finally found a Howleen (the dance version - love her boom-box bag!) and a Skelita with good face paint. I've also seen the Scaris subset start creeping into stores, but no Deuce yet.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

So back at power-con when i say Garret Sander, i asked him if we'll ever get a rerelease of wave 1 basic ghouls. He said they were working on something and to be patient. Well...Wave 1 Clawdeen, Frankie, and Draculaura in new boxes have been spotted in Belgium and Australia!!! I'm so excited!! W1 Clawdeen is the only Clawdeen I havent been able to get for a decent price! and unlike the original release, she looks like she has the clawed fingers.
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkslipx84 View Post
    So back at power-con when i say Garret Sander, i asked him if we'll ever get a rerelease of wave 1 basic ghouls. He said they were working on something and to be patient. Well...Wave 1 Clawdeen, Frankie, and Draculaura in new boxes have been spotted in Belgium and Australia!!! I'm so excited!! W1 Clawdeen is the only Clawdeen I havent been able to get for a decent price! and unlike the original release, she looks like she has the clawed fingers.
    I'm not going to get excited until they show up in the US. Well, Draculaura is an old reissue that came out several months back in what was mostly a wave 2 case. Otherwise, Frankie was seen in foreign markets months ago, but unless they hit the US I'm not going to get excited.

Clawdeen and Lagoona are all I need, shy of a Cleo/Deuce 2-pack reissue. I got Draculaura and Ghoulia and actually sold Frankie in favor of keeping her wave 2 version.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkslipx84 View Post
    Yeah I saw that, it would not surprise me. The doll production is already done so its simply boxing her in a US box. Mattel never tells us everything is getting released and after last year I have learned that stuff just comes out solicited or not.

I would say if they end up in Australia you can guarantee they will be here, the US and Australia share production. Its why I call Australia US Part II

Ink pens... apparently. I don't much get the rooted hair, but while the bodies have simple paints they're better than the Apptivity metallic things.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Ink pens... apparently. I don't much get the rooted hair, but while the bodies have simple paints they're better than the Apptivity metallic things.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psfa4c5fa7.jpg
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psa6afc73f.jpg

Have these been spotted in stores yet?

They have really nice, very well done heads. However, instead of pens, why not small scale dolls? They WOULD sell.

Will have to pick up a couple of those if I see them, though. Did you happen to get a price point for those, Diosoth?
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    They have really nice, very well done heads. However, instead of pens, why not small scale dolls? They WOULD sell.

Will have to pick up a couple of those if I see them, though. Did you happen to get a price point for those, Diosoth?
    Nope, saw them over in the MH discussion thread on 4chan's toy board and that was it. And for some odd reason, the thread vanished not long after I saved the pics. But their toy board has turned into complete garbage as of late so I'm probably not messing with visiting it anymore, not even for the MH thread.

Packaging is bilingual though, so those may be a Canadian sighting? I might end up with one, provided the actual ink pen part is decent. Usually stuff like this ends up being more a novelty with an ink pen that works for a few days. Apparently, the multi-colored MH branded clicking ink pen I see on amazon for cheap is garbage, going by low reviews. I also have no idea how big these are, and I wonder if they're even easy to write with.

Although Draculaura somehow reminds me even more of Abby Sciuto now with that anger face, moreso than Draculaura usually does.
    Last edited by diosoth; January 31, 2013 at 08:37pm.

I am pretty sure those are coming here, I think the pics were removed at Mattel's request. They frequent the Internet and even we have been asked to remove images from time to time if the item is not officially announced for here

My store is going to Toy Fair in NY in 2 weeks so maybe we will see them there?

Catrine has hit in all the stores I visited today so if you are wanting her you might want to check out today or this weekend.

I got lucky tonight and got the Catrine at Walmart. Whew! I'm done for now til they bring out new characters again. I am really hoping they release Invisi Billy.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Got Catrine today. Liked her not coming with a brush. But last monster high doll I plan on getting.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well I had an interesting conversation with 2 girls today. I was subbing in a 6th grade classroom today and we got into a discussion about Monster High.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

What happened with Monster High at Toyfair this year??? The brands presence was very weak. What is going on? I thought we would at least get to see Heath and Invisi-billy. This is very odd considering it is one of their top selling retail brands. I know that we have had a slew of product come out lately, but I thought we'd at least get a few surprises or maybe just a bigger display.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    What happened with Monster High at Toyfair this year??? The brands presence was very weak. What is going on? I thought we would at least get to see Heath and Invisi-billy. This is very odd considering it is one of their top selling retail brands. I know that we have had a slew of product come out lately, but I thought we'd at least get a few surprises or maybe just a bigger display.
    You only have a massive display and presence when we need to sell your brand, MH does not need to be sold (for this year at least)

They are putting more resources into SDCC like they did last year. Why waste the money to sell to retailers who already are tripping themselves to order the product?

MH is almost to the point of Barbie and Hot Wheels in Mattels financial

The funny part is, we often see more through early Taobao factory leaks than we see through Toy Fair or SDCC.

Got 3 of the Bratzillaz beach dolls. They tend to have joint issues thanks to the molds not being made for this type of plastic. I also hated Meygana's pigtails so I cut the rubber bands and let the hair fall straight.

I also need more stands for them, I may see if anyone has any Bratzillaz stands to spare on the MH dolls forum, or I can try contacting MGA this week and see if they can provide any.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    The funny part is, we often see more through early Taobao factory leaks than we see through Toy Fair or SDCC.
    Yeah and also retailers get year round sneak peaks at Monster High (that was how Scaris was leaked if anyone remembers, and just recently the 13 wishes) during Mattels private events.

Its at Toy Fair as a formality I think

Toyfair is a trade show designed for retialers, cons are designed for consumers. With a product that is making it's company money faster than the government can print it they don't need to focus on retailers but on consumers.

I still don't find Gigi that appealing, and this is someone who typically likes genie characters. I think her outfit is a bit to plain for a signature release. I think they could have had her earrings hold a veil over her face, and possibly sleeves that go all they way down that are netted. Twyla also doesn't really wow me. The other dolls their 13 wishes outfits are pretty nice though.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I think we're starting to see the point where MH is running out of ideas, and trying new things which may alienate the long-timer collectors. We're seeing clothing which looks like something I'd expect in the Barbie series and the new dolls are fitting into theme categories. Fashion packs are almost tertiary to full dolls- I can understand this in a way because people just buy new dolls for fashion packs most of the time- but there's become less incentive to dress up the dolls anymore. The I heart fashion packs seem to be the new direction with those and they're coming out only 2 a year. So many clothing sets are also character-specific and it offers little room to swap around.

I thought Gigi was another Operetta when I first saw her. That's why I agree she feels plain. They're not even trying to channel Barbara Eden much with her, which I'd have expected them to actually do.

MGA apparently revealed nothing that isn't already in stores and even failed to mention the painted eye Bratzillaz budget line. Hmm. One can hope they use the webisodes for character additions- there are several they can make just from that. They can probably use an existing Bratz male mold for Levitor, I saw one on TRU that was pretty close. Oh well, Ihate to say it but the less unique stuff that comes out, the less I have to spend on both lines.

I went ahead and ordered GITD Sashabella through Amazon, $14 shipped is better than $18 at Walmart. Man, that price stings.