Page 118 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

they found those in the US? WANT!

Picked up the new Toralei & Werecats 3 pack at TRU today, its a shame that both of Toralei's releases this year appear to be retail exclusives (the other being Target's Catastrophe aka Catwoman )

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Looks like they used the twin body for Toralei rather than the removable tail plug. If I can get her base body from someone I'll swap clothes with my Toralei since that plug tail gets in the way of the stand, and mine has a paint scratch on the face.

Though I wonder why they bother with the tails at all- they don't even have them in the animation.

OMGosh...I really really hope they get out Clawdeen again!

She is one of the last 2 I need to complete my collection!!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Thank Gawd they ditched the original Toralei tail, mine wont stay in! whereas my twins tails are solid as rocks! How catrines are the same

- - - Updated - - -

Im on Vacation and have looked at just three stores since ive been here and found a total of 11 Scaris Deuces!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Scaris: City of Frights premiers on nickelodeon today! (In the US) a mini marathon starts at 2, leading up to Scaris. Starts at 2pm on the west coast with Skull Shores, then why do ghouls fall in love, fright on, than Scaris at 5pm.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

if anyone needs Jinafire or Skelita, both are $19.99 each on Amazon right now and free shipping eligible.

Heroic Warrior
    Photos of more dolls from a Spanish (Portuguese?) Mattel catalog... http://www.flickr.com/photos/obsegebitz_livlover/

Dance Class Gil?...
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; March 6, 2013 at 11:44am.

Oh wow Scarah is in that top pic.
    I will be really sad if we have to get Gil in a 5 back...I am so not into variants...
    Scarah...dont like those clothes but shoukd be able to work out something with the fashion packs.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Has anyone seen Deuce in stores yet? I still need him and Catrine.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Has anyone seen Deuce in stores yet? I still need him and Catrine.
    He's been showing up for over two months now, of course he's the first one to sell through...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    He's been showing up for over two months now, of course he's the first one to sell through...
    Yeah, he has yet to show up in any of my stores. In fact, the only things Target has carried (just Target, no one else yet) are the car, cart, and the main girls.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I got a Deuce for my girlfriend back when she was down over Christmas break.

My walmart still has some Catrines when I went in Wednesday. Not sure if it's a restock or not.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I've seen nothing locally since, um... well, the 3 GITB Bratzillaz I got over a month ago were the most recent restock I saw. But I have Jinafire on her way to me from my recent Amazon order.

Then again, I recently sold Jackson... it's a signature doll but I found it to be one of my more boring parts of the collection, and I got twice what I paid for it thanks to demand having skyrocketed. Not that I sold it for the money, I think I bought it to be completist, really. Besides, if I stick to my "1 doll per character" rule, I can hope they reissue Holt or something. I have to admit, the difficulty in even finding these dolls does feel a bit discouraging as someone who wants to buy these. Though I'd hesitate to sell most of my collection off as it is- not that many are really worth much(I think Ghoulia, Clawd, Howleen and the werecat trio are the only ones I have of any solid value), though if those reissue Clawdeens do start popping up and aren't just a one-time sighting I'll sell my current stand-in Clawdeen.

Admittedly, it seems fewer of the dolls are holding any major resale value. Some of them have sat on Amazon for a long time at base retail and people are just hesitant to sell a loose doll for that price now. For every doll that goes up in value, a lot go down. I think if I sold off my whole collection right now, I'd get maybe $200 tops for it all- they're all loose, I sold most of the pets and diaries and some accessories.

The line's still going strong but I still say we'll see a time when interest fades and value tanks, and all those signature dolls can be had for $15 or less. It happens with practically ever modern toy series.

- - - Updated - - -

I found Catrine today while grocery shopping, first MH doll I've found locally in some time(barring the variants I'm not after- seen a few odds and ends dolls).

Her tail isn't attached in the box, it's held to her belt by a rubber band and has to be plugged in. But since she doesn't seem to ave a tail at all in the Scaris special, I didn't bother. Seeing as she uses the twins body mold, I checked and found the werecat twins can also have their tails removed with no hassle b simply pulling at the base of the tail. The plug seems designed to allow the tail to detach. Fine by me, they don't have them in the webisodes and the tails get in the way of shelf display.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I just gave myself a good scare... Put together a list of all the 2013 dolls that have been announced and those that have been seen in leaked pics... Not including the SDCC exclusive(s) I got 71 different dolls including the CAM add-ons. Clawdeen is the winner this year with 8 different dolls. Lagoona and Draculaura each have 6 while Frankie gets 5. Spectra may have 4 or 5 as one doll in the leaked pics could be her or not... Cleo and Abbey have 4. Ghoulia, Rochelle and Venus have 3 while Operetta and Howleen will have 2. Robecca and Toralei are the only previous dolls to get just one release this year besides the boys.

Gotta wonder how many more that we don't know about...

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    IThe line's still going strong but I still say we'll see a time when interest fades and value tanks, and all those signature dolls can be had for $15 or less. It happens with practically ever modern toy series.
    Maybe initially if interest fades at one time and people start getting their collections offloaded, but when you have Signature Dolls that were either ignored (Jackson, Holt, Clawdeen, Deuce/Nefera 2 Pack) or you have releases people missed (Gil Skull Shores, Clawd 1600) a big chunk will never hit $15

I would love them to hit that price point, but in 13 years of selling high end dolls I see absolutely nothing that shows me it will get to that point with the older Signature releases. Sure there are some they can't seem to give away (Nefera, Operetta in particular)

Also it appears just from what I have seen in the pipeline Mattel is really moving away from the "Signature" style of releases and over to the themed deluxe/standards. So those past dolls having stands, diaries, pets, and clothes will force them to retain their value as Mattel phases out the additional parts/goodies in the newer lines.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ouch. The number of new dolls I'll be buying is... low. Probably new characters only. Even then I may start passing on dolls I don't really care for, unique character or not. Costs do add up, unfortunately. I've become much more of a choosy shopper with luxury goods than I was last year. I also have only so much shelf space for stuff.

Right now I'm considering parting off my signature Rochelle just because she's been stuffed to "top shelf" display status(up by the ceiling where stuff isn't at eye level), I'm not really impressed with it and her character somehow bugs me in the webisodes. I have a fair number of dolls I'd only sell in an absolute money emergency, Rochelle isn't one of them.

Gotta wonder how many more that we don't know about...
    I''d say at least 15. So much stuff isn't revealed until 2 months before it comes out and then only through early factory samples. I'm surprised that catalog got scanned, but Mattel's probably seeing heads roll over that.

Has anyone seen the new BAM packs for the Harpy and stuff not at TRU? We've only seen them at TRU but are not willing to spend $28 on them.

Heroic Warrior
    Whoops, made a mistake in my numbers... Need to up the total to 74: I forgot the Werecats Fearleading set when I was making the list. BTW, for anyone who doesn't know, just watched a review of the CAM Siren and was surprised to find that the reason two belts are included is so that the tail can be used with a male CAM as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Whoops, made a mistake in my numbers... Need to up the total to 74: I forgot the Werecats Fearleading set when I was making the list. BTW, for anyone who doesn't know, just watched a review of the CAM Siren and was surprised to find that the reason two belts are included is so that the tail can be used with a male CAM as well!
    Really, Jim, That would be awesome!! Which CAM...obviously not one that has been released yet. Good, I still have my Siren MIP and haven't opened it because I need body parts for her, but if a boy is coming out where he can wear the fin, then yes, I'll be keeping THIS set.

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    Really, Jim, That would be awesome!! Which CAM...obviously not one that has been released yet. Good, I still have my Siren MIP and haven't opened it because I need body parts for her, but if a boy is coming out where he can wear the fin, then yes, I'll be keeping THIS set.

The fin fits the current CAM boys (Vampire/ Gargoyle/ Puma)

Create A Monster Siren Add On Pack

I also saw the TRU Scaris 2-pack for Cleo and Lagoona. Saw it before the current sale. Should have picked it up, the buy one get one 50% off has cleared the shelves around here.

Still looking for the werecat 3-pack and Catrine.

Don't Cleopatronize me

HOLY MOLY!!! I can't keep up with all of these releases, it feels like we can't go even one month without a new sighting or announcement. Glad to see we are getting a regular Scarah, I hope at some point Hoo-dude also gets a retail release.

I got Jinafire in today. Her tail is removable, like the werecats, but the plug is much larger. Her chest is also... definitely bigger than most of the dolls. I have to think they sculpted it this way on purpose- maybe to give some variety to body types for this line? I doubt it was an accident because it's otherwise the existing buck. But I can see it making fitting existing clothes much harder. I guess we can see why doll lines share one body type, can't swap clothes if they don't fit all the dolls.

Pity they didn't give her wings.

I've seen Flickr images of jinafire wearing operetta's newest fashion pack red top, so I think most clothes will fit jinafire.

I think the reason she doesn't have wings is because she's a Chinese dragon, which typically don't have them.

Don't Cleopatronize me

The tail probably ate up the extra parts budget anyway, but with wings she'd feel more like an homage to Morrigan. But even without them she still looks a bit like one of her victory poses.