Page 119 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Heroic Warrior
    A couple more dolls have surfaced via a German(?) retailer's online site... Two more CAMs -- Sea Monster and Werewolf -- that are add-ons to the Color-Me-Creepy set. The cool thing is that they are complete dolls with plastic wigs, one outfit and a pair of shoes along with wrist and leg "jewelry" to use with the color change feature. Hopefully these won't be too much more than a regular CAM add-on. There are also two outfit sets for those dolls, each with two dresses, two pairs of shoes, the arm and leg jewelry and a "pen" of some sort that allows you to use the color change feature to draw designs on them.

Also saw the Bratzillas Switch-A-Witch sets this morning, not bad, especially for the price. Anyone know if the wigs work with Monster High?... Also a new basic Novi Star (Sira Clops) and two more (one named Gail Lexi, don't remember the other) that seemed to use the Ari Roma (new) body and head. Body molded in clear with two rubber "skins" to put over it. Both sets included what they called a zombie, one set had a skeleton skin (isn't that contradictory?) and the other a rock star.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well it depends as Jina Fire is meant to be Chinese right? Chinese dragons don't usually have wings.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I'm probably just wishful thinking they were going for a Darkstalkers homage.

Wow, this was unexpected. I was at a King Soopers today getting some groceries when what do I see staring at me as I past the toy isle? Scaris Deus.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior
    Catalog photo of the Home Ick set!

...and Draculaura's Die-ner...

...which apparently has an exclusive version with Operetta included as well...

The same German retailer has listings now for Spectra's partyroom (which is apparently an MP3 player dock) and Cleo's Oasis but no photos yet.

An abbey with different hair.

I don't mind that Drac, not one I would get especially with a playset same with the Operetta.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Yeah, I loved Operetta, but Shes everywhere now so Im over her...A lot!

Plus it bugs me that they didnt put her mask on in the pic above, its not an optional fashion accessory..its her link to her Phantom Heritage.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Joy, another Abbey, Draculara, and Operetta, how... surprising.

When are we going to get some Lovecraftian girls?

Heroic Warrior
    The German site has more new photos, no dolls this time...

Abbey's Shower (though the styling looks far more Lagoona than Abbey)

Spectra's Bedroom

...speechless at to how they managed to get approval for a toy bed for a teenaged girl that has chains all over it...

And someone on Tumblr or Flikr (I found the pic second-hand so I'm not sure where it really came from) got one of the Ghoul's Night Out dolls and the scrapbook included this pic...

Supposedly "Catty Noir" who will be arriving later this year...
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; March 19, 2013 at 11:46am.

Why would a ghost character need a bed anyway?

...speachless at to how they managed to get approval for a toy bed for a teenaged girl that has chains all over it...
    I think they crossed that line long ago with Draculaura's bathtub, and now Abbey's shower.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I think they crossed that line long ago with Draculaura's bathtub, and now Abbey's shower.
    I sort of agree with you there, but showers and tubs have always been part of Barbie's world so I can see where they'd try those but having the guts to put chains on the bed *and* getting the big-box stores to buy and stock 'em... I'm floored...

At least the chains mimic a lacy bed cover. I didn't even notice, I was trying to figure out why she has a basketball goal on the top of the bed, which does look a lot like a toilet seat.

Aside from that the bathroom stuff, I never really thought about Barbie having it. But then by and large I would say more girls buy Barbie then guys, where as Monster High girls are most likely in the lead but quite a few males buy the dolls also.

I do think there was always some controversy when the released even the Barbie stuff.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Okay, they are going into overkill with all of these playsets. Not every character needs to have a bed, a dresser, a car, etc.

They need to go back to doing brand new characters instead of the same ones over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Okay, they are going into overkill with all of these playsets. Not every character needs to have a bed, a dresser, a car, etc.

They need to go back to doing brand new characters instead of the same ones over.
    I agree they are releasing a crazy amount of merchandise. I hope this doesn't kill the line.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    so do we now take this to mean there is a 'Dead Tired' Spectra wave on the horizon?...sigh!

and I agree..NOTHING about that shower set says 'Abby' its ocean themed.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The bubble pillar threw me for a bit, I see you can attach a body clip to hold a doll in place, nice idea to hold the doll there. Color wise it would go either way with Lagoona or Abbey. I think they should have done ice instead of bubbles and a few other things for Abbey.

The site seems to be updated, or maybe it's a different german website, but it says Lagoona Blue. It was probably an error. It's pretty ocean themed, and the designs tend to usually be pretty spot on for the character they are meant for.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

The mirror is an octopus..
    The black stuff on the shower and chair is coral
    The shower basin is a shell
    The things on the side of the mirror are jelly fish
    The faucets are sea horses...

Come on guys...
    I love Lagoona so maybe its easier for ne to see?

- - - Updated - - -

Also the stand in the shower are sculpted to look like bubbles

I wonder how Abbey would even take a shower anyway? Wouldn't the water freeze solid when it hits her? She lives in an ice cave, I'd imagine liquid water isn't something she indulges in much.

Remember how that Draculaura/Clawd 2-pack sat on Amazon for $30 for several months last year? Now the figures are suddenly in demand. Decided I wanted the money more than Clawd, and he's getting a new figure later this year anyway so I sold mine. Between selling Clawd and trading off that Draculaura(got a Howleen for her) I tripled what I paid for the set... not that I'm trying to scalp these dolls but it's odd how a set can be at retail one second, then pricey the next.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    so do we now take this to mean there is a 'Dead Tired' Spectra wave on the horizon?...sigh!
    Yep, new Dead Tired photos showed up yesterday, I believe... (not sure where the photos were originally found -- I am loving Robecca's iCoffin dock)

...really expected the outfits to match the next book cover art, surprised they didn't do that...

Quote Originally Posted by Staff of Ka
    and I agree..NOTHING about that shower set says 'Abby' its ocean themed.
    Like someone else posted, the retailer has changed the description to "Lagoona" now.

Not a big fan of characters getting a second release in a sub line on this. That said I like that Lagoona better than the original Dead Tired version.

I'm sorry, but they need to start doing something different with Spectra. Every version looks the same of her.

Headless Headmistress Bloodgood showed up on TRU Canada's website for pre-order:

Bloodgood

Pics of I love Shoes Draculaura and Cleo:

I Love Shoes Cleo & Draculaura

More pics of Catty Noir: Looks like she's a popstar
    Catty Noir signing an autograph *NOT MINE*
    Catty Noir Performing *NOT MINE*

And a new webisode featuring Jinafire is Up!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Catty is... bleh. Maybe if she had white fur instead, or some other color than pink, but the color scheme looks too over-saturated girly pink against black fur that doesn't go with it. She looks like something Dr Ashen would be buying from Poundland to mock in a video around the Valentine's Day shopping season. Hideous amounts of pink can work- the first Draculaura did it and she's 95% pink- but this isn't it. Maybe the actual doll will be better but I'm not hopeful.

I'm guessing the horse is an older Barbie mold? Kind of doubt Mattel would sculpt an entirely new horse for this one instance.

I saw the webisode. So Jinafire is an anthromorphic dragon girl, but her 7 brothers are all human?

Kind of like the shoe doll Cleo- close enough to her signature doll should it never get a reissue. Draculaura is boring.

On a side note- between the MH beach dolls and Bratzillaz beach dolls, am I the only one who thinks such dolls would benefit from flat feet instead of the usual high heel feet?

Heroic Warrior
    boxed image of Cleo's Desert Frights Oasis...