Page 122 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    By the looks of things. Wydowna is only available at SDCC, not on Matty at a later date.
    Not necessarily, last year they did the same thing (not listing MattyCollector as a destination)

Since its for SDCC Pre-Sale at MattyCollector there is 99.99% chance it will be part of Matty's after SDCC sale

however, expect it to last mins just like Scarah
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    By the looks of things. Wydowna is only available at SDCC, not on Matty at a later date.
    If Mattel wants me to buy Capt Marvel, then she needs to be available on MC. That is the only way I will be willing to pay the cost of shipping.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    This is one of the things that drove me away from Hasbro, looks like it's becoming a trend for other companies. Although with Scarah getting a new doll this year, I expect 2014 will have the mold used again with some new outfit. But I have to wonder if this is a toy company decision(knowing Hasbro I'd expect so, they're run by trolls) or if the people who run SDCC are demanding "unique character" exclusives. Maybe they're getting tired of "toy wearing an SDCC shirt or badge" or "same toy as you can get in a store, with only a minor change" repaints. SDCC shiny Lion-O could still be bought on TRU's site even recently for base retail, so I wodner if some exclusives aren't selling as well as a unique character? But at the same time it annoys a lot of fans.

I have a feeling the truth is somewhere in between. 10 years ago being a geeky type and getting to SDCC was the hardest part of going. Now it's actually buying the tickets, they sell out in minutes.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The 3 newest Picture Day dolls are now shipping from Mattel Distribution which means if they are not there already Walmart and Target should start putting them out shortly

Frankie, Lagoona, Operetta
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Warrior
    This is just a "sneak peek", I'm betting that there will be some text about her being available in the after-show sale with the full reveal next week.

Alright, who do I have to sleep with to get a Wydowna?? Seriously, after the Scarah nightmare last year my hopes of getting this doll have vanished. Why would they make another unique character the exclusive? Horrible idea!!!!

Looks like the Wydowna that will be offered at SDCC will be a Power Ghoul doll known as Weberella. So not her signature look.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yup! Awesome IMO...SDCC needed a Power Ghoul exclusive!

WebarellaReveal_newsPage__scaled_300.jpg

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Where do you see her pictured on Matty?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting that she comes with a second outfit...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Where do you see her pictured on Matty?
    Go back to the April news and she's at the end of the story for the SDCC reveals.

EDIT: Just a quick note: If anyone still needs the CAM torso pack Mattel Shop has them back in-stock ($7.99, limit 2 per order).
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; May 16, 2013 at 10:52am.

I'm probably going to really scale back collecting and stick to the signature versions of the main cast... I have Draculaura and Ghoulia, and can pick up the reissues of Frankie and Clawdeen when they are released in a month or so. Then I'll probably try and obtain a Lagoona and Cleo from someone parting off their collections or wait for more reissues. I suppose I might keep Abbey since she's all but become a part of the group now.

Unfortunately I don't seem eligible for cheap dental care because I don't live in an area serviced by those clinics and I'm looking at maybe $700 for an oral surgeon.

- - - Updated - - -

"New" webisode- actually it's old but they're just now uploading the English translation of it.

Headless Headmistress is out! Found her at a Toys R Us! Happy Hunting!

Heroic Warrior
    Picked up the Headmistress yesterday. The outfit looks nice but the way the doll is presented in the box is as boring as the bottom of the line swimsuit Barbies, no "oomph" at all. Nightmare is a bit on the small side but considering the price point and it being an exclusive item it's nothing I can't accept. What really bugs me though (and we knew this was coming from the promo shots) is that the head attaches in the same way as the CAMs. I'm sure part of it was cost and not creating new tooling (and probably a bit of mix-and-match with the CAMs) but the Headmistress has always been shown with her neck attached to the head when it is not on her body. Still a nice purchase but it could've been so much better. Things to check if you have options at the store, make sure that the skullette on the saddle is painted properly, I had about 10 to choose from and all but 2 had serious paint errors.

Wonder is she's going to befall the same fate as Al Snow and Head?...

- - - Updated - - -

Mattel opened up the Ever After High website today and posted the first three webisodes to YouTube...

EverAfterHigh.com

Prologue-

Chapter 1a-

Chapter 1b-

Not sure this one will have the cross-over appeal that Monster High has but there is a lot of subversive ideas showing up in these first episodes (like Cerise's big, bad secret) so maybe it will... Though I have to wonder how it will sit with parents when one of the main characters is impatiently waiting for the other lead to poison her and another who is proud of being insane...

Haven't found pics of the dolls yet, not sure if they've been released yet.

I'm not really feeling it. It lacks the feel and message of MH- MH has a mask of "line for girls" covering a lot of overtones and undertones of bigotry, civil rights, morality and trust. This just feels like... something that will appeal to tween girls but is lacking anything to appeal to a wider audience. Unfortunately I suspect this will be the new trend, with MLP FIM being changed, Equestria Girls looking terrible and this. I'm wondering if companies are considering it taboo now to make dolls that appeal to male audiences? Would be a shame to see MH changed to fit this new marketing.

Bratzillaz was actually rather dark- references to actual horror movies, a subtle nod to creepypasta in one episode(a bakery called "Creepy Pastry" could be seen), and the Toola Twins seem to harbor some genuine evil to them(they're less Toralei and more Hitler, is the impression I got of those characters, they feel like genuinely bad people)and it felt like it wasn't aiming for the girl market, but that line seems to be dying.

I suppose I'm not one to judge a line that's intended to be "for girls" but a big reason MH is doing well is because it's reaching a bigger market than intended. "Boyfriends, mall shopping, gossip and latest fashions" don't really appeal outside of the intended demographic, and EAH seems to be just that. I can say that because I don't feel the least bit interested in this. I also hope it doesn't lead to an end to Barbie LITD because that's about as far from "for girls" as Barbie can get- the primary audience of that seems to be people who like Monty Python. This might sound like "it doesn't interest me" whining but that also means they lose retail sales if people feel this way about it.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't say that I'm necessarily "feeling it" either at this point, though Maddie and Cherise have my interest as characters. I do think the message behind the line is just as important as MH's (being who you want to be, not what other tell you that you have to be) but I'm not sure that people are going to "get it" as easily as the "freaky fabulous" message of MH.

EDIT:

First pics of the Raven and Apple dolls have appeared via Instagram...

Since the official website is only featuring Raven Queen, Apple White, Briar Beauty and Madeline Hatter at the moment, I have to think that those four will be the first ones released.

I really don't see any cross-over appeal for these like the monsters have, but I will say that they are very pretty dolls for a children's line. Best I can see at the moment will be MH collectors buying these for parts and to create "normies" from them.
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; May 31, 2013 at 04:49am.

Don't underestimate the fairy tale craze that is going on right now, just look at TV with the hits Grimm on NBC, Once Upon a Time on ABC and FOX is jumping in with Sleepy Hallow.

Not to mention Grimms Fairy Tales (the indie comic by Zenescope) is preparing to cross 100 issues and raised easily $192k on Kickstarter for an animated pilot, they sold both their Pied Piper and Wonderland series for TV/movie production and Snow White and the Huntsman easily made almost $400m WW

Worst comes to worst they can merge it into MH fully and easily, just gives them more avenues for product and stories

They are very pretty, I agree it does not have the "IT" factor MH does but at this point it might not need it if people equate the two as similar series

If I get any at this point it would be the Rebels who to me have better designs. Raven, Maddie, and Cerise for sure. The story does seem to be focused on challenging your past and making your own future.

Interesting thought though, didn't the then Prince Charming kiss Snow White, so wouldn't King Charming also be Apple White's dad making them brother and sister?
    Last edited by wyldman11; May 31, 2013 at 11:01am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Interesting thought though, didn't the then Prince Charming kiss Snow White, so wouldn't King Charming also be Apple White's dad making them brother and sister?
    Going by the Disney versions, Charming was Cinderella's prince. Snow White's didn't have a name in the film. For the record, Ariel's was Eric, Sleeping Beauty's was Phillip, Belle's was Adam (this comes from a 1998 CD-ROM game called The D-Show though it's on the current packaging for the Little People versions of Belle and the prince), Tiana's is Naveen, Rapunzel's is Eugene and Giselle's is Edward.

They call him Charming in Once Upon a time which being on ABC explains why they call one of the evil Queen's Maleficent.

Really the term has been a generic use for most of the princes even when they were given a specific name, which often they weren't, well before Disney. And as I recall, haven't read the series yet, Fables plays with this that he is the same Prince Charming in most of those stories.

Of course historically speaking royals have more than once done something similar, they just tend to brush over it for stuff like this.

Meh... Too girlie fir me.

Once Upon a Zombie is gonna rock!!! Cannot wait!!

Are these Ever After Dolls going to be compatible with MH? I think it would be a smart move on Mattel to do so, however their heads look huge!! Cool idea, but I think they look too much like the La-dee-da dolls in animation and design. If they had gone a bit darker like MH and brought one of the MH characters(ex. one of the students transfers) into this high school it would be a huge success.

I still think Mattel needs to make a new She-ra line. There hasn't been a girls action/superhero type line in the market for years. I think it would be wildly successful (if done right).

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Are these Ever After Dolls going to be compatible with MH? I think it would be a smart move on Mattel to do so, however their heads look huge!! Cool idea, but I think they look too much like the La-dee-da dolls in animation and design. If they had gone a bit darker like MH and brought one of the MH characters(ex. one of the students transfers) into this high school it would be a huge success.

I still think Mattel needs to make a new She-ra line. There hasn't been a girls action/superhero type line in the market for years. I think it would be wildly successful (if done right).
    I am pretty sure they are the exact same scale and even share some of the same parts (from human dolls like Cleo and Nefera or the human boys like Deuce and Jackson)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    They look to be the same parts and head proportions to me. As for transfer students, the whole EAH event cycle started with the Monster High website Cupid announcing on her radio show that she had gotten a new assignment and was transferring to a new school. Little, tiny bits of info trickled out from there. You can actually see Cupid for a second in the opening credits of EAH though I haven't heard of her being seen anywhere in the actual stories yet. Pause at the 24 second mark and you can see her (slightly updated) third from the right between Cedar Wood and Madeline Hatter.

Animation wise all the males looked like Jackson or Deuce in the face. The bodies there look to be the same exact bodies, the photos just seem to be taken from a top down angle.

the heads seem to be more rounded than the Monster High ones which have more of a pointy chin. I would like to see them do a bit more of a crossover, with a more stripped down cast with like Frankie and two others. I could also see them doing a split crossover as they follow the split storyline from each angle.