Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

My daughter likes Monster High quite a much. And my son likes MotU. Together we made this Masters of the Monster High -project. Some "new" kids in the Monster High School. Check it out if you want to see MotU melting to Monster high:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...High&p=3267293
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Are these Ever After Dolls going to be compatible with MH? I think it would be a smart move on Mattel to do so, however their heads look huge!! Cool idea, but I think they look too much like the La-dee-da dolls in animation and design. If they had gone a bit darker like MH and brought one of the MH characters(ex. one of the students transfers) into this high school it would be a huge success.

I still think Mattel needs to make a new She-ra line. There hasn't been a girls action/superhero type line in the market for years. I think it would be wildly successful (if done right).
    Cupid is going to be in Ever After High, she's even in the trailer.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Okay went to TRU today saw the place sticker with price for Headless Headmistress. Is she an exclusive to TRU or a deluxe doll or something? As 42.99 seemed vastly over priced, heck I got Scaris the Skeleton girl or whatever her name is, for only $21.99 or so. Need to check for sure but was shocked that Headless Head Mistress was $43. I mean I wouldve got her if she had been in stock but she wasnt.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    Okay went to TRU today saw the place sticker with price for Headless Headmistress. Is she an exclusive to TRU or a deluxe doll or something? As 42.99 seemed vastly over priced, heck I got Scaris the Skeleton girl or whatever her name is, for only $21.99 or so. Need to check for sure but was shocked that Headless Head Mistress was $43. I mean I wouldve got her if she had been in stock but she wasnt.
    She is an exclusive to TRU, and comes with her horse Nightmare. I imagine she's not supposed to be that much, but TRU tends to over charge on everything MH.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Movie mayhem!
    I actually kinda like this new line if its compatible with MH. Just wish the boys looks a little more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    My daughter likes Monster High quite a much. And my son likes MotU. Together we made this Masters of the Monster High -project. Some "new" kids in the Monster High School. Check it out if you want to see MotU melting to Monster high:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...High&p=3267293
    Looks cool Moni!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    Headmistress in the box...

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    She-Ra was unique, I'll grant you that. A lot of girl-aimed cartoons of the 80s were mall shopping and fashion. Any adventure was usually light-hearted with a villain who was less evil, and more a jerk. She-Ra was a pastel-colored fantasy land who had to fight the Nazis. The rebellion had maybe one skilled fighter before She-Ra came along. I think they did right no putting Hordak as the villain instead of sticking to just what the toys were doing.

This is where MH went right too, by not watering it down into just a toy commercial and actually putting some thought into the series. They did the same with the bizarre Barbie LITD series but EAH seems several steps back. Maybe it'll pick up pace but this really should've shot out the gate running at this point.

looks like the 13 Wishes dolls are out at TRU! I haven't found them yet but did see the find on Twitter.

happy hunting!

I found 13 Wishes Howleen and Twila at the TRU on La Cienega in Los Angeles. They also had the new furniture: Lagoona's bathroom and Spectra's bed.

At the Culver city TRU, Found the Mad Science 2 pack with Cleo and Ghoulia, but no Heath and Abbey sets left

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

If not for around $1K in dental expenses I'd be all over the new stuff. Though I suppose when the interest bubble pops I can eventually rebuild my collection for cheap. But I may swing the 3 reissues in a couple months when they come out, provided I have the cash at the time.

(still hate to say it but I may pick up a couple extras to resell when their value goes up. I don't like scalping dolls like that but I also don't like having $1K in sudden expenses).

No one mentioned yet the new theme song. I actually prefer this, but I never really liked the original too much and I typically ended up skipping the 30-second intro of the webisodes because of it.

Heroic Warrior
    Latest Ever After High...

Kitty had better come with that smile!

don't mind the new theme song, but I didn't exactly hate the old one either. I think the other feels more like a theme for a show though.

New Ever After episode isn't bad will keep watching. like to see the dolls show up in stores though. But getting the media out there before the toys isn't a bad idea.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I've had this funny idea in my head that Operetta wasn't just given a rock theme for no reason-

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Headmistress has surfaced at Aussie TRU's! Im shocked!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Headmistress has surfaced at Aussie TRU's! Im shocked!!!
    Sweet now you don't have to worry about trying to buy it overseas! You guys have been getting things before us or shortly after us, its like your the USA now
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Sweet now you don't have to worry about trying to buy it overseas! You guys have been getting things before us or shortly after us, its like your the USA now
    lol! very true! we got spectra and toralei before you guys! its odd!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    The Ever After High Facebook page posted a couple of teaser shots last week...

...with the message that they'd start revealing the dolls one a day this week.

First up, Raven Queen...

Apple White...

UPDATE:

Today's reveal, Briar Beauty...

Her purse is supposed to double as a pillow. Probably a good thing for someone with long-term narcolepsy...

UPDATE:

and the last reveal, Madeline Hatter...

Last edited by Jim_Abell; June 27, 2013 at 08:00pm.

I got Twyla today!
    I dig her color scheme.
    Glad to get a new signature finally...i was begining to lose interest in the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I got Twyla today!
    I dig her color scheme.
    Glad to get a new signature finally...i was begining to lose interest in the line!
    Something cool to point out about this doll (if you don't already know) is that her eyes glow in the dark. I think that was a nice touch Mattel added, I don't remember the package saying anything about this.

Oh cool...
    To be honest shes still in the bag. lol
    I found a toys r us out of town on business meeting...
    She was allll the way back behind 8 13 Wishes Halloweens!
    The Headless Mistress isnt doing anything for me...

I just can't get into EAH. Compared to MH, it seems the characters are mostly in a perfect fantasy world where all they have to worry about is popularity at school, boyfriends and fashion. Maybe there's some underlying plot or evil but it's taking a backseat. I think a strong reason MH did so well was because the typical stuff took a backseat to the social issues. Fright On! was 98% dealing with racism and prejudice, which is rare in something that's intended to sell dolls. I find EAH to be a big step back, but I suppose the intended target market will like it. I just worry it won't appeal very strong outside that market.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I just can't get into EAH. Compared to MH, it seems the characters are mostly in a perfect fantasy world where all they have to worry about is popularity at school, boyfriends and fashion. Maybe there's some underlying plot or evil but it's taking a backseat. I think a strong reason MH did so well was because the typical stuff took a backseat to the social issues. Fright On! was 98% dealing with racism and prejudice, which is rare in something that's intended to sell dolls. I find EAH to be a big step back, but I suppose the intended target market will like it. I just worry it won't appeal very strong outside that market.
    Its actually interesting as EAH seems to be getting its own fanbase that has some crossover with MH but not entirely. I think some people really resent the fairy tale perfect aspect and would much rather have the Monsters.

Hopefully Mattel can straddle the two and not hurt them. The EAH dolls are very pretty and should sell very well over the coming year.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Designwise they aren't bad, and I could see there only being moderate crossover appeal. Still at this point I would only pickup Raven and Maddie.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I am a MH fan and collector, but have been trying to downsize my collection to "Signature" dolls instead of this version and that version of the same character. I will continue to purchase the signature characters that appeal to me. I did pick up Twyla, who I love dearly, but am still unsure about Gigi.

As far as EAH goes, I have seen these dolls in person and instantly fell in love. I bought all 4, Briar is my least favorite out of all, but as a total group they look amazing together. I have to try and remember to post a pic of all four together for you all (they're all out of the box) And I agree with wyldman11, I love their design.

Now, whenever they come out with different versions of the same charcters, I have learned my lesson with MH and will only pick up the "Signature" looks.

But I really am interested if they will mix the characters into each others shows, since Cupid is transfering to EAH and has an entirely new look.

I need to see if I can find it online but Wendy just said on HLN Morning Express they had a news spot on Mattel. Saying that Monster High was up 23 percent, and the second most selling doll line currently was American Girl but that it was to expensive for your average parent with Barbie trailing behind American Girl in sales. And she also said that Mattel was thinking of doing something drastic to Barbie if not ending it completely.

I really need to find something online, of course it could just be your average news opinion.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....