Page 10 of 130 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    They sell better than Hot Wheels?
    Last quarter yes
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Last quarter yes
    I'm sure that's based on dollars and not actual units. It's hard for 99 cent cars to compete with $16 dolls!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I'm sure that's based on dollars and not actual units. It's hard for 99 cent cars to compete with $16 dolls!
    Oh of course, I am talking dollar wise. That is what ultimately matters when you present financials.

Plus Hot Wheels has the CARS line built into it so its a massive amount of profit that gets shared with Disney.

But due to the $$$$ amount involved Monster High is very important to Mattel, at least that is what I was trying to imply to those worried about it or its future.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I'm a Val-Pal.
    We just got the Clawd/Draculaura two pack nice set. Does anyone have pics of the others that are out. Think there is a new Frankie. Or is it just a old figure in the new packaging. Wish there was a really good site for MH

EDIT: Okay looked at the back of the box, seems a few have new outfits

Going to be tough to find them I bet ugh.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Movie mayhem!
    How much are these usually in the store?

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Well the draculaura clawd two pack was 35.00 but thats tru. Elsewhere itll likely be 8 dollars cheaper.

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77

Movie mayhem!
    and for a single figure?

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Oh no the singles main line average about 15 or 16 the beach line rran for 9 or 10 and the cleo duece 2 pack was like 25 at targets. Higher at tru like 35 for two pack 15 to 20 for singles roughly. Markatisi might have closer figures. And all spelling errors are due to being mobile and on the nook

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77

Target and Walmart charge $16-18 for a single standard figure or Dance Figure
    Beach and Dead Tired (sleepover) Figures are $12-15.
    2 pack is $29.99, there are only 2 of these
    Clothes packs are $7.99
    Playsets are $19-25 I think (Frankies Bed and Dracularas coffin)

Prices fluctuate during the year, last OCT-NOV they were cheaper for holiday promotion

Toys R Us is always $5-10 more expensive

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I saw a mummy girl and boyfriend two pack at Ross for $16. I was going to buy it for my g/f, but they only had one register open with 33 people ahead of me. -_- If I do get it, I'll scan the receipt to prove it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Some cool SDCC Monster High news found in a UK article:

http://www.vadvert.co.uk/consumer/15...comic-con.html

Autograph Signings

WWE® – Rey Mysterio®, Bret Hart™, Kane®, Kelly Kelly®, Cody Rhodes®, and Alicia Fox™
    Four Horsemen – Jim Preziosi and Eric Treadaway
    The mad scientists behind Monster High™
    Surprise signings TBD!

Mattel FANatic Activities

Everyday:

Freaky-Fab New Monster High™ Video Game!

Mattel and THQ team up to bring SDCC fans an exclusive first look at the Monster High™ Ghoul Spirit™ video game, set to be released on October 11. Socialize with the Monster High™ student body as you engage in special assignments and explore the open-world setting of Monster High™. Build relationships, establish BFFs and get good grades to become the ultimate “ghoul” in school. Just like real high school, challenges are everywhere so players must stay scary smart to get ahead and reach the ultimate goal of being crowned Scream Queen at the “Terror Under the Sea” Dance. Be the first to play live demos every day of the show!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Here in Canada, the figures are $22 at Wal-Mart for the main ones and I think it was $17 for the beach figures.

I picked up a Clawdeen Wolf for my niece's upcoming birthday even if she's probably still a little too young to really appreciate these but I must say, I'm impressed with the way these looks. This seems like a real fun line to collect.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

This is excellent, they made a webisode for the SDCC Exclusive!! Kudos to Mattel cause this is great

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Very awesome. I wonder how many more webisodes are left for this volume/season before it's over. I hope it helps in selling the exclusive, this is a great step in the right direction. Now for more toys, a full cartoon, and releasing the webisodes in Volume sets on DVD

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77

I assume this doll will be coming out later, MH just posted Nefera on Facebook

Cleo's sister

i hope we see her soon i love Nefera
    i just got back from TRU with my kid sis....they had all the new MH stuff and 6 of the people in line had MH dolls lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Another MH reveal, this is Toralei

I dunno. Cleo is clearly NOT a fan favorite. Neither her two pack with Deuce nor her Dawn of the Dance nor her Gloom Beach dolls sell. She just looks like a normal DOLL. There's really nothing cool or appealing about her. And Nefera just looks like Cleo redux.

And Torelei just looks like Clawdeen. Seriously, this line is hardly a year old and it's already struggling to find new ideas?

I absolutely love these doll, but I'm only really interested in unique characters.

Clawdeen is a dog Torelei is a cat...and Cleo is soooo the best in the line!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I dunno. Cleo is clearly NOT a fan favorite. Neither her two pack with Deuce nor her Dawn of the Dance nor her Gloom Beach dolls sell. She just looks like a normal DOLL. There's really nothing cool or appealing about her. And Nefera just looks like Cleo redux.

And Torelei just looks like Clawdeen. Seriously, this line is hardly a year old and it's already struggling to find new ideas?

I absolutely love these doll, but I'm only really interested in unique characters.
    We Picked up Spectra tonight and OMG what a wonderful figure, the clear body parts are awesome!!

I disagree about Cleo, I picked up her new single figure today (basically her standard one that is new to the line) and it's much better then the 2 pack version or dotd/gloom. At least the case is more balanced, the one I opened tonight at Walmart was 1 Spectra, 1 new Clawdeen, 1 new Cleo, 2 new Frankies, and 1 Holt. I assume Abbey is in another case with Ghoulia

Also prepare for 2 more cats, Cleo's journal talks about 3 cats purrsephone,
    meowlody, and toralei who make up the Fear Squad and the tensions she has with them since they were her sisters choices for the team and she had to keep them.

Her sister appears more mummy-esque but in the grand scheme of things she is the most regular of the group and resident mean girl...if any doll does not sell it's Draculara and the new 2 pack I think is only going to make that worse

Plus you are acting like Ghoulia, Holt, Spectra and Abby are old lol

This is also disregarding the guys like Clawd, Jackson, and Lagoonas male friend (as well as several others seen in the webisodes)

I am actually surprised we have this many characters 1 year in, I figured they would continue to ***** out the core characters after botching Christmas 2010

Must be different in different areas, but even when this line launched and was red hot, the Cleo/Deuce two-pack didn't sell well, here. The Dawn of the Dance dolls are all sold out at my store, except for like ten Cleos, and I believe each doll was packed evenly. My friend is picking and choosing from this line, not buying every character like I am and she had no interest in Cleo or Clawdeen, because they aren't "monstrous" enough. I also know that boy dolls don't sell well in general, so Cleo, being the least monstrous of the characters being packed with a boy, makes for a doubly unappealing set for some people. (Just from my observation.) (OR maybe it's because Cleo is the "bad girl" that some girls don't want her? I don't really profess to know how children think, these days!)

Speaking of boy dolls, even Holt Hyde, who I think looks really cool, is a peg warmer. The shorter-packed girls, Lagoona, Clawdeen and Ghoulia sell out on the first day usually, but Holt just lingers for weeks sometime and there's only one of him in a case.

They really need to scale back on Frankie. I can't believe they're packing her 2X in the new assortments, versus 1X on everyone else. She was WAY too heavily packed in the first series. There are just TONS of her and a few Draculaura's hanging around, while the rest, except for Holt, like I said, tend to get snatched up in a day.

I don't believe Abby is shipping yet, unless someone knows otherwise. I looked on eBay and there weren't any listed. I'm DYING for Spectra and Abby, but I'm going to wait and see with the new versions of existing characters. I held off on Dawn of the Dance for months, but finally broke down and got them, just because I was fiending for some new Monster High dolls! Ha ha!

I don't believe Abby is shipping yet, unless someone knows otherwise. I looked on eBay and there weren't any listed. I'm DYING for Spectra and Abby, but I'm going to wait and see with the new versions of existing characters. I held off on Dawn of the Dance for months, but finally broke down and got them, just because I was fiending for some new Monster High dolls! Ha ha!
    And I completely agree about the boys and 2 packs, I think the 2 packs are just too expensive for people in this economy. They are a better deal but to me they are unappealing.

It must be a region thing as well, we see TONS of Frankie and Draculara and the 2 pack but thats about it. Clawdeen and Ghoulia always sell out.

Oh Abbey is out (you are probably spelling her name wrong) but is a later case asst then Spectra, so I guess you are right that technically she is not out

Spectra at least is listed online at several stores (sold out of course). Spectra is going to be rare for a while since they are only sending her 1 per case.

An example of Abbey http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-High-Dol...item4cf88d1f33

Abbey was just spotted at the Fischer Price store in NY, which is usually the last step before mass retail. I have seen some people in Ohio and other parts of NY who claim to have found her. Having just found Spectra last night off a Thursday night Walmart delivery I expect it will be a few more weeks before Abbey starts showing up.

My five year old daughter was talking to me about them a while back. For whatever reason she was referring to them as Halloween Dolls. Apparently they are quite popular with her friends.

I did note here in New Zealand they are the number two toy for "girls" as listed by a popular department store with My Little Pony in first place. I never realised they were so popular. That said I think NZ has only been stocking them for the last couple of months.

Edit - One thing I found interesting was that my daughter and her friends are not interested in the boy figures only the girls.
    Last edited by Viceroy; July 16, 2011 at 09:43am.

I found Spectra!!! I'm so happy!! Check Kohl's, that's where I found her. Also a target I went to today had the wave she is in, just not her. Off to play!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    New Monster High dolls at SDCC! I know Headless Mistress from the short! She looks cool.

http://sdcc11.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=622
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah