Page 100 of 130 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by Surya View Post
    Here are flickr links to pics of Jinafire (who looks MUCH prettier than in the leaked photo), and Skeleta

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clawdwo...4/in/contacts/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/clawdwo...2/in/contacts/

And for those interested, Rochelle, Frankie and Clawdeen from the Scaris line

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clawdwo...in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/clawdwo...n/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/clawdwo...n/photostream/

Clawdeen looks very pretty as well, quite sophisticated. Suits her well. Love her with purple in her hair. Rochelle is great too, though Frankie's kinda boring in this one.
    I'm really diggin' Jinafire and Skeleta!

Jinafire is great, still hate the Skeleton though
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Jinafire does look good, Skeleta is leave or take, The Frankie isn't anything special but doesn't look bad, Rochelle I could use as an opener, Clawdeen I would like to see in person really my biggest complaint is the triple belt, I could take it if it was just a double maybe but being three means it would be taken off.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Jinafire has a little bit of a Pizzaz Misfits thing going for her (she looks great). Skelita is great too, might have her be recruited for Skeletor's minions .

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Jinafire looks cool, but I want to find Robecca and Venus before they start releasing her.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I think Jinafire's going to be VERY sort after, she is just divine. Skelita I might get another to reroot in some funkier coloured hair. Hopefully they should show better pics of the new CAM sets soon too! I want a better look at the Blob/Ice girl pack
    Last edited by Surya; August 30, 2012 at 09:46pm.

Okay peoples...it's Skelita....with an I!

If yer gonna hate on her atleast spell her name right!

I think the Day of The Dead skull face makes her more special!

The only thing I would like to see different is that they did more artwork(???) on her face. Some of those masks are amazing and really could have made her stand out even more!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Funny, I saw Jinafire and thought if she had wings she'd be Morrigan from Darkstalkers... though the base MH bodies don't have certain... proportions for that I guess.

Heroic Warrior
    The CAM Skeleton Girl set is shipping again. I didn't see the cases get opened, but based on what was there before I'd guess that a case is now made up of 1 skeleton, 1 bee, 1 ghoul and 1 ghost.

If anyone needs Robecca and Venus try checking TRU, both ours over the weekend got about 8 cases each which meant 4 shelves full of the two of them. They also had an endcap where they had to put DDG and Roller Maze.

Not sure if its nation wide but normally when a big stock like that comes into both stores its a sign that its a nationwide shipment for an upcoming ad
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Wow, I like Skelita sooooo much!
    Jinafire looks cool too, it's good to see a constant flow of new characters in the line, not too few, not too many!

We found Cleo's dresser set on clearance at Walmart for $13 the other night. Still no Robeccas or Venuses though.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Aussie collectors rejoice! I just found Venus and Robecca at Toys 'r Us today!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5701951...in/photostream

LOVE Robecca, she is beyond what I was expecting. She is something very special!

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Has anyone seen these Monster High/Bratz Copy cat dolls.. Here is a link to there website http://www.mystixx.com/ I saw these for sale a TRU. It is real easy to see which MH Dolls there are trying to copy..

That's actually kind of cool.

The "Double Trouble" like feature of swapping faces is neat, but I just don't like the sculpt, not all that cute. Clothes however, look promising!

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Has anyone seen these Monster High/Bratz Copy cat dolls.. Here is a link to there website http://www.mystixx.com/ I saw these for sale a TRU. It is real easy to see which MH Dolls there are trying to copy..
    Wow, some of that art looks like they just traced over MH artwork... the nerd in glasses looks like some terrible deviantART tracing over of Ghoulia, and one of the night time girls is wearing Draculaura's boots without any changes.

I mean, Mattel would have solid grounds to take them to court and would likely win, because all it would take to win is the judge having eyesight.

Well, Mattel's Monster High figures are directly based on the Bratz "sculpt," and since they didn't own the rights to Bratz when they did the Monster High series, I don't see this as being any different. However, the designs on these mystixx designs ARE a violation of Mattel's Monster High copyrights, and I do see how they are basically "traced" over from the MH characters. Such a shame, because they could have made their own legitimate designs. It's also a shame that they had to make them all vampires... the vampire craze is getting old. (Which makes me upset because I'll never get around to making my two series' until vampires die out for a while).
    Last edited by Voice_Guy; September 4, 2012 at 07:50pm. Reason: Editing.
    ----------------
    Creator of Spook Central Elementary
    Writer of stuff!
    . \o/ - "Hail to the king baby ! "
    .. |
    . / \

So because they are cashing in on the MH success they are directly copying Mattel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So because they are cashing in on the MH success they are directly copying Mattel?
    There is imitation and then there is infringement, given the art style I think Mattel could easily argue its bordering on infringement if they wanted.

I doubt they will do anything unless this other line started taking sales

It would seem based on the website that their (mystixx) designs are almost copied directly from the Monster High character models. Mattel, released "style" guides not too long after all the SDCC announcments, my guess is that they used those style guides to create the Mystixx designs.

Via a google search: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mystixx-Vamp...ht_3073wt_1031
    Last edited by Voice_Guy; September 4, 2012 at 09:41pm.
    ----------------
    Writer of stuff!
    .. |
    . / \

A character wearing unaltered Draculaura boots is not "cashing in on success", it's blatant copying. Unless those very same boots existed beforehand, then Mattel would have a case provided it's their design. Though Mattel will probably not sue them, given it looks to be a new company... you don't sue someone who doesn't have money to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    ... you don't sue someone who doesn't have money to pay.
    Tell that to Mortgage Companies and Debt Collectors.
    Mattel seems pretty relaxed when it comes to their properties. My guess is that they are going with no publicity is bad publicity kind of attitude.
    ----------------
    Writer of stuff!
    .. |
    . / \

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    A character wearing unaltered Draculaura boots is not "cashing in on success", it's blatant copying. Unless those very same boots existed beforehand, then Mattel would have a case provided it's their design. Though Mattel will probably not sue them, given it looks to be a new company... you don't sue someone who doesn't have money to pay.
    That has never stopped Mattel before, if they can't find a remedy behind the scenes you will definitely see a lawsuit.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    So my Scarah arrived today. She is absolutely STUNNING! Easily my favourite in the line.

Attachment 78779
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"