Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    The thing about the Mystixx dolls is, they almost look like the MH molds were recast because the actual parts look similar, only simplified(less articulation, meaning less parts to cast). The idea behind them is neat but the actual dolls really lack in aesthetics and presentation, looking really too much like MH to be unique. That artwork, traced or not, is hideous for the most part and the face son the doll heads don't really match the art too close(dolls have serious faces, artwork has smiling faces with big eyes). Turning heads with faces isn't new- Lego and Minimates have done it for years. But in this case I fear it'll make the ears look strange. And if there's any fiction involved it'll be the usual "we love the latest fashions, go to the mall and dream of boys" that this stuff usually is.

Though the clothes should fit MH for people wanting new outfits. I have not heard of the company that makes them, I'd guess they're either new, or a company with little retail presence before. If they're cheap enough, and I see one that looks good I'd buy it. But I fear they'll be $20 which is a bit much for a doll with less articulation(I'd guess 5 POA)

It's not that I dislike the dolls(I've only seen the 2 that are on eBay) but the presentation is unoriginal and it's more of a MH clone than Bratzillaz(which, for all it's worth, is probably more a Harry Potter ripoff). Maybe they'll put out some fiction that's actually good though, which would help my impression some- part of why I even picked up on MH was its fiction, which isn't the usual stereotypical "market dolls to girls" thing. Though I'd be surprised if they get any fiction beyond back of box write-ups. And the similarities to MH make me suspect Mattel will take action anyway. Pity, as I think not copying the MH body style would have gone a long way to making these unique... though with MH being the success it is(at this point, Mattel has replaced toilet paper with $100 bills in all their restrooms) I guess it's what the competition will do. More human proportion bodies would have impressed me more. Kind of surprised the 1:6 manufacturers have not started hooking into this with vampire and demon women.

There's potential missed here.

Saw the new book at Walmart today. Not sure if I will pick this series up or not, from what I have read it does stick closer to the webisode fiction, I still think a comic would be a great idea.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yay, I found Robecca today at Walmart. Her package was open, probably damaged in shipping, which is probably why she was still on the shelf while Venus was no where to be found, but that is fine since I am going to open her anyway.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Lagoona 2.0 is back on the shelves, our TRU had a crapload of them! Which means we have burned through Wave 8 and are now into Wave 9. I figured as much with the several cases of Wave 8 I saw last weekend.

Product is moving a LOT quicker this summer then it did last year, I have sold out of my stock at my store 3 times last week (I put stuff up in groups to pace things out) and last year even on eBay it was not like this.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Bratzillaz has a cafe playset out(at least it's on eBay)... and it looks like it might be slightly better than Coffin Bean. It doesn't have a doll but its coffee machine or whatever lights up.

I still haven't seen any stock put out locally, not for MH, no Braztillaz, no new MLP stuff. I can't speak for action figures but no doubt it's the same Avengers, ASM and all that which came out over the summer.

So Robecca is pretty awesome. I love the gears on the back of her legs and that they rotate.

Oh yeah, they also had the school playset, but they wanted $80 for that. I know it is huge, but that is way too much money.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I think its a good price ($80.00). It is a massive playset, and it dosen't look cheap either. Maybe it is out of box, I don't know.

Does anybody else have the weird Robecca knees though!?? Mine don't look right when they are "straight" and they are loose. Her knees go forward way too much and none of the other dolls do this...did I get a funky Robecca??

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I think its a good price ($80.00). It is a massive playset, and it dosen't look cheap either. Maybe it is out of box, I don't know.

Does anybody else have the weird Robecca knees though!?? Mine don't look right when they are "straight" and they are loose. Her knees go forward way too much and none of the other dolls do this...did I get a funky Robecca??
    They're supposed to be able to bend forward, it's not a design flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    They're supposed to be able to bend forward, it's not a design flaw.
    None of my other MH dolls this though...

Where did you get this information.

It must STOP! It really makes the knees loose and I dont like it. Granted this is the first times Ive had even a slight problem with any of the MH dolls.

All of the ones we have can bend slightly forward just like the Voltron pilots.

Actually, my Robecca has the tightest joints I have seen in a long time from MH.

None of my other MH dolls this though...

Where did you get this information.

It must STOP! It really makes the knees loose and I dont like it. Granted this is the first times Ive had even a slight problem with any of the MH dolls.
    She's a robot that wears jet boots. I would imagine the ability to point her feet the "wrong" way was intentional and that Mattel wouldn't accidentally do this. If she does this in the CGI specials it wouldn't surprise me.

mmmmmm no.

I was really looking forward to Robecca and she seems, IMO, to be the worst in quality. Thats not to say her design is not awesome, because I think it is. The doll however is not as good quality wise as I was expecting.

mmmmmm no.

I was really looking forward to Robecca and she seems, IMO, to be the worst in quality. Thats not to say her design is not awesome, because I think it is. The doll however is not as good quality wise as I was expecting.
    What dolls do you have? Like I said, we have a lot of them, and she is by far the best of them all from a quality perspective.

I dont have Halloween & 1st release Clawdeen.

I have all signature dolls other than those two. I do not have this issue with any other doll. Maybe I just got a funky one is all.

The first thing I noticed was her eye makeup. I didnt check it in the store cause I had an OMG moment when I found her and got too excited to check her out first!

I have Venus too, and she dosent have the knee problem. I thought nmaybe since they are in the same release Venus would have the same issue but she dosent.

I mean you can really bend them forward...I thought maybe it was assembled wrong. Having the doll stand makes it okay and I dont actually play with them so its not such a huge deal but I was/am disappointed in her.

The general consensus is that Robecca's knees were intentionally designed to bend forward because of her jet boots. I doubt it was a design mistake.

a google search for 'robecca knees' shows several pictures, and based on the design I figure it was intentional.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The Howleen 2 pack just hit Targets online website as in stock so if you missed out now the time to get it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Howleen 2 pack just hit Targets online website as in stock so if you missed out now the time to get it
    And it's already gone. Thankfully I got my order through for one even though I should have been taking notes in class. Hehehehe....
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

TRU online is starting to list Bratzillaz, though just shoehorned into the regular Bratz category, and the playset is listed under a funny name. I ordered Meygana, (as I have that Shoprunner trial I got free shipping) and will have it by Friday. Getting a bit tired of my local stores not stocking anything so I'm going to check online for certain things. Which I'd do mor eoften for MH but a lot of the good stuff just sells out fast.

BTW, if anyone needs Nefera, she's down to $17 on Amazon.

Robecca has also been up on amazon (normal price) for a few days now.

Yeah Amazon has finally gotten their big shipments from Mattel, so its nice to finally see these available

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Ok I just received the Skull Shores 5 pack....and its awesome!! seriously great!

Cleo- Great hair (once washed and restyled) and amazing shoes...sadly they are not visible under her 'Slacks'.
    Clawdeen- Best hair of any Clawdeen in my collection! and great outfit!
    Frankie- beautiful makeup and the out fit looks awesome in color! again I had to wash her hair to de-gel it...but it turned out awesome!
    Ghoulia- I already had her, I bought her solo from a store here in aus months ago....she never wowed me...but the SS5 version is SO much better quality, the hairstyle,fashion,Hair quality.... EVERYTHING! also interesting to see different color plastics used for her shoes and Glasses!
    Draculaura- exact same story as Ghoulia......Was 'Yawn' now WOW! Love the improved quality and the more vibrant shoe color!

I must thank my 'Enabler' over there in the states! Seriously made My week.....and he knows how much Crap I was in receipt of this week!lol

Bliss to have all 8!! the completist in my soul is VERY HAPPY!......Now bring on DDG!!

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Stopped in at TRU at lunch and was greeted with a great selection of MH, they had multiples of Robecca, Venus, Cupi and Spectra, Ghouls Rule, Roller MAze, CAM, CAM Lab, The High School and Draculaura's Bathroom. I still need GR Frankie and Draculaura, but will most likely get them at Target for 2.00 cheaper.

Also need DDG Lagoona, the DDG 3-pack, GR Abbey and Scarily Ever After

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Looking good Ka

I heard something about Mattel's Stardoll line getting clearanced out at stores now... at the very least, their boots seem to fit MH and the clothes might fit with some work. Myself, I might get one as I have a 1:6 project in mind, and it'll suit me more than a $60 Phicen body as the Stardolls literally have only 3 POAs and no joint seams. Pretty much a G1 Transformer level toy but also a cheap body.