Page 108 of 130 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3240

Thread: Monster High

just curious what are the Picture day dolls price point?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    just curious what are the Picture day dolls price point?
    $19.95, at least at Walmart. They are considered a Signature release as far as pricing goes. So I would assume between all the retail chains they are $19-24

The case pack out in the case I received was 2 Drac/2 Abbey/1 Spectra/1 Cleo

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    "Picture Day" are the same assortment number as the "basics" so they should be priced the same at whatever the store has the basics priced at. My Walmart got hit hard by them last night. We must have gotten 10 cases as they had taken over the entire MH section.

I haven't taken the time to figure out what Spectra and Cleo are doing in their fearbook photos, but I love that Abbey is attempting (without much luck) to smile.

That's about what I figured.

I would have to see better pictures of their pictures but it looks more like 'senior' picture shots, than standard picture day shots. I doubt I get any personally. Looking forward to the Superhero line coming out. I would like to get De Mew, and probably the Rochelle from Scaris.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I may get PD Cleo just because I don't have a single Cleo, and I'll only get her signature of she's reissued/whenever the aftermarket for MH takes a nosedive. But fi I can get a wave 2 Cleo for cheap enough I may get that instead.

I ordered this just now, as it's TRU Shoprunner 2-day shipping I should have it Monday. I'll probably order Yasmina next week as I have to order 1 more item from TRU to get my free Shoprunner period extended to a full year.

Heroic Warrior
    Did anybody get the re-issue Classroom dolls from Walmart last night?... Just wondering if stores had a lot of stock on those or not. The entire MH section was wiped clean by this morning, even the mountain of Picture Day dolls had disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Did anybody get the re-issue Classroom dolls from Walmart last night?... Just wondering if stores had a lot of stock on those or not. The entire MH section was wiped clean by this morning, even the mountain of Picture Day dolls had disappeared.
    Ours got 12 dolls total, and they were gone in under 15min. We went to a few other Walmarts shortly after they opened just to see what was on sale and there was no evidence they existed at all.

Same goes for the TRU Abbey and Frankie that was $12 doorbusters

The only MH item was saw readily in stock last night was the Walmart Ex Ghouls Rules Abbey and the Dot Dead 3 Pack
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

We'll probably see more Classroom dolls and such next week and up to Christmas. I doubt they would have sold all their stock on one day and left nothing for the rest of the month. Especially at sale prices? You let some go on sale, then sell the rest at full price.

Have there been any more indications of more reissue dolls? Despite some sightings of wave 1 Frankie in the current box there's been no other sign she's coming back out. Part of me suspects that if wave 1 reissues were happening we'd see them by now though... which means I'll probably not get a Clawdeen because I refuse to pay a 4X to 6X markup for a doll(and that Ghouls Alive gold shirt one ain't gonna cut it). Unless they start showing up unexpectedly this week or something... what about wave 2 Cleo? The rest of wave 2 seemed to get another run...

And can anyone give me solid, unfolded measurements of the school set? Amazon's had it for $60 and free shipping, that may tempt me to get it, but I need to know exactly how big it is because if I can't guarantee a spot to put it then it's $60 wasted.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post

And can anyone give me solid, unfolded measurements of the school set? Amazon's had it for $60 and free shipping, that may tempt me to get it, but I need to know exactly how big it is because if I can't guarantee a spot to put it then it's $60 wasted.
    Ok I just measured mine,

Unfolded
    Height 26 inches (to tip of 'Trophy room')
    Length 31 inches (at widest point)
    Depth 23 inches (with gargoyles attached)

Folded
    Height 18 inches
    length 17 inches (at widest point)
    Depth 5.5 inches (with Gargoyles attached)

(I added Cleo, Skele and Grayskull to give scale)

I hafta say this thing is a masterpiece of engineering! Im still gobsmacked at how it folds out!

(I havnt assembled all the furniture etc yet...No room during Renos!)
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Height and width aren't an issue, provided I remove a shelf. The depth... definitely not going to work. My shelves only stick out about a foot from the wall. I guess it'll be like that GI Joe PIT where they dropped it to $20 and it didn't matter, because I don't have room to put it.

Thanks for the measurements.

It does look great closed on the shelf as a 'backdrop'.

One thing that bugs me is that the furniture etc doesnt fold up or conceal in it when folded...But I guess thats the price to pay for the stunning transformation of the Building itself!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    It does look great closed on the shelf as a 'backdrop'.
    But I don't think it's worth $60 for just that when I could print out a picture for a few bucks and get the same effect. Plus I'd have to take a shelf down anyway because it's too tall.

Heroic Warrior
    We'll probably see more Classroom dolls and such next week and up to Christmas. I doubt they would have sold all their stock on one day and left nothing for the rest of the month. Especially at sale prices? You let some go on sale, then sell the rest at full price.
    I don't know about that... Never saw any more shipments of the wave 1 re-issues after last year's Black Friday until Draculaura popped-up in that case with Abbey, Spectra and the 2.0s of Clawdeen, Frankie and Cupid. If every Walmart got two cases and a few more for the web-store that's more than enough for Mattel's mimimum orders in that one go-round.
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; November 26, 2012 at 11:09am.

UPS just delivered my Sashabella Paws doll...

I thought her pink dress covered in shiny silver dots looked funny at first, like it didn't mesh with the animal theme. Then it hit me that it looks like fish scales or some other aquatic animal appearance. Her green stockings also looked out of place... except for the diamond patterns. Snake/reptile scales. Her cape brings to mind feathers. It goes with the idea that she can speak to animals. Couple that with her skin tone and the design of her earrings and you get the feeling she's American Indian, which would mean her power wasn't really all that randomly picked.

- - - Updated - - -

Want some bootleg fun? Go to the Alibaba wholesaler website and search for Monster High. There's some pretty obvious bootleg sets in Asia now, most of which direct copy the packaging. Don't expect much though- they look to be terrible recasts of the MH heads with poorly done rooted hair and bad faces, plopped onto generic doll bodies.

- - - Updated - - -

So uh... another possible reissue? I know we saw pics of new box Frankie some time ago and it never popped up except in Greece, but maybe they were holding that back until they had a full assortment ready? Is this gonna be another case of a surprise wave hitting stores with no prior general solicitation?

Either way I'll buy 2 of these. I can see more resellers crying because she will no longer be worth a fortune.

Hi guys My local store has put a handful of Cleo 2.0 on the shelf (they found the box a few days ago in the store room)

[/CENTER]

Either way I'll buy 2 of these. I can see more resellers crying because she will no longer be worth a fortune.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...4001435211.jpg
    They won't cry too long, once she is sold out her prices will go back up

Especially if they release her during Christmas, she will be like Abbey was last year and be snapped up by resellers who already control the market

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    The Ghouls Alive Dolls are in I found them a TRU today for 27.99...I like them a lot but Clawdeen Howl is the most Girly howl I have ever heard.. I can post some Pictures if anyone wants.

I'm holding off on GA until I see reviews, I want to make sure the gimmicks aren't more of a detriment than a feature especially at that price.

Also, I found that MGA will be doing a Bratzillaz beach line of budget dolls-
    http://bratzillazblog.blogspot.com/s...dnight%20Beach

All 5 of them glow in the dark. If anything, I'll buy all 5 to use as base bodies for fashion packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    The Ghouls Alive Dolls are in I found them a TRU today for 27.99...I like them a lot but Clawdeen Howl is the most Girly howl I have ever heard.. I can post some Pictures if anyone wants.
    I might get those but something about them just rubs me the wrong way, Post pics of Spectra and Clawdeen if you want. I might get the Clawdeen though just because she is my favorite character.

isn't there a Frankie to that set too? I've been looking for these, curious to how they turned out

A video of Clawdeen. The articulation is severely limited for the gimmick because her thighs are the battery compartments and the arms are inked to the lever. I'd rather just get that signature reissue that just popped up(the change to Frankie and Clawdeen makes me wonder if reissues weren't planned and they wanted these to be "different enough").

Frankie is okay but I probably won't get it unless I see it on sale. The gimmick is something I'd not make too much use of and the noise will probably get irritating. On a side note, the reviewer felt a need to read the back of the box so expect to skip over a good amount of time.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar

Ghouls Alive

They are all about the same size as the originals, Specta loses Knee and Elbow joints and Clawdeen Clicks in the shoulders but can still be posed. Frankie is about the same except are there legs just go back and forth no side to side movment. They come with SaddleType Stands. I think they are a lot of fun and younger Kids are going to love them. If you are a adult Collecter or a Mint in Box collector it is probably a easy pass. But if you are a Monster High Junkie Like me They are a Must Get...

Clawdeen.

Spectra

Frankie

Last edited by Detective Lubic; November 30, 2012 at 09:24pm.

Spectra looks okay, but it's so much like her signature doll it'd be a redundant purchase. The other 2.... eh. I'm more excited for the GITD Bratzillaz which have a nice low-tech feature and will be a cheap line.

I also fear kids breaking them, or getting upset because the articulation won't be the same as the standard dolls.

edit: looks like there will be a 6th Bratzillaz character, a fish girl, and the 5 beach dolls will show up this month with a 2nd shipment of them in spring with the new girl added in.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bratzheaven/8222595416/

double edit: Magic Night Out is the next deluxe Bratzillaz line, with new character Vampelina. They all have an arm waving "dance" gimmick apparently.
    http://bratzboulevard.wordpress.com/...olls-revealed/
    Last edited by diosoth; December 1, 2012 at 02:02am.

The GA set dont appeal at all. Phew! another easy pass!

[/CENTER]

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I really hate it when companies advertise things they do not actually have instock. We got a TRU ad in today's newspaper and it had this big spread showing all of the Scaris figures, saying they are the first to have them instock. So of course, we go to TRU today just after they opened, and there was not a single Scaris box anywhere to be had.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.