Page 110 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

And in an unexpected text today my Scaris Dolls arrived before the He-man Christmas special. Unexpected in that the shipping dates were the movie today and the dolls next week. So time to open them up.

So out of the box they still look great. Clawdeen's shoes are going to be trouble with staying on. Not sure if in the box her left foot came loose or it was that way on purpose, but they both fell off while I was putting her on the stand. Not sure I will keep her journal tied to her hand or not, they also tied it to her belt which pulls the belt off her body a bit.

Rochelle is great, I did remove the pony tail and let her hair free flow which in my opinion looks a lot better. Her hat is held on by a clothing tie, not sure I want to try to remove it or not. The hat does look great on her. Right now her hair still has a crease from the clear bands that held it into the pony, I tried to pull them down but they were on really tight and so I carefully snipped it.

In a few weeks I am going to extend the book case I have the figures on will for sure post pictures then with all my loose dolls on the same shelf, right now they are split up.
    Last edited by wyldman11; December 13, 2012 at 11:59pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    For anyone with a Dollar General Market nearby, the current wave of Dead Tireds are $7.50 each through the 23rd. Unless the local store has re-stocked in the last week they've been out of those for at least 6 weeks. Not sure if the price is good at regular the Dollar Generals or not.

And a note on Toreli... Isn't there a trademark pending for a "Cat Tastrophe"? Sounds like she may be the villian to Spectra's and Clawdeen's heroes.

There is that trademark, but for all we know it's Katrine who will get the doll or it's a name they will use in (instead of diaries) mini comics that come with the figures.

She does come out that way I will pick her up for sure. I basically right now have a MIB collection of certain dolls, then opened Ghouls Rule, opened Skull Shores, and a set of most of the characters in their day at the maul type fashions. It's that last one I want a Toralei for, to open and display with the other dolls. I will probably put my Spectra and Cupid with them, Spectra is the only one I have still in original outfit for that purpose.

I did see an Abbey at my Dollar General, she was marked at 15, 7.50 would be a better price.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Dead Tired just doesn't interest me. Even for fashion pack bodies, they still don't come with the earrings(I hate how the first series fashion packs had earrings but they're not included from the second series on) and the pajama theme doesn't really fit my tastes much. Though a lot of the budget lines don't really excite me a lot... I never really could get much interest in the beach dolls, Rooller Maze I passed on because they'd have been impulse buys(and with my "3 dolls per character" limit they won't fit anyway). Operetta is the only Dance Class doll I'm considering and I'm not looking much at Scaris beyond the 2 new characters. Deuce yes, only because I have his casketball clothes, and Rochelle is under consideration(though if she's a $20 doll, probably not).

I see the Scaris dolls being popular, not just the new characters but the whole set. As much as I love the Ghoul's Rules dolls (aside from Clawdeen) they did glut till fairly recently, where as I can see the Scaris dolls not hanging around long even if they weren't being released during the Christmas season.

The only part I am not real big on is they got a roller suitcase, with an individual handle for the dolls as their one real accessory. While it does open up there isn't a lot of space to put much of anything in it. You might be able to cram an outfit in there.

And it looks like the dolls have their same old open palm hands that the handles on those cases can only sort of interact with. No holding them at all.

Amazon has new fashion packs up some are one outfit called basic, others are deluxe which are two.

Basic
    Abbey
    Draculaura
    Lagoona
    Spectra

Deluxe
    Frankie
    Ghoulia
    Operetta
    Robecca

most aren't anything special looking more meh stuff.

Frankie and Operetta are getting Picture Day dolls.
    1355602702193.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Don't tell me Duece is going to be the only guy this year?... Gil still needs a "signature" release, Holt would be perfect for Ghoul's Alive, Manny and Slow Moe would both need new bodies but maybe they could get a loan from Max Steel and where are Andy and Valentine?

On another note, where is Clair from Ghoul's Rule?... Sure she's a normie but she'd make a great addition to the cast...

That Operetta isn't bad looking. There is a very 80s vibe in that photo though and the outfits.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I need bigger photos to really see their details.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

My god Operetta gets another doll but Toralei still only gets 1

I know she is a bully but Operetta is not very popular from what I can see online and in stores, Cleo sells more then her and that is saying something
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Do we have a count on characters and number of variants each has had?

I think Operetta suffers from the issue that psychobilly isn't a popular style. Cleo for example doesn't sell because she doesn't have a style but a theme.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I have hit critical Mass on Draculaura,Lagoona,Cleo,Frankie and operetta........ seriously way too many!!

do we have any word on wether Deuce Scaris is short packed? (in the usual Guy style!) Cos I am thinking of getting one for a Freind who missed out on the first release!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    do we have any word on wether Deuce Scaris is short packed? (in the usual Guy style!) Cos I am thinking of getting one for a Freind who missed out on the first release!
    I'd say he'll be packed one per case in the initial shipments and still linger on the shelves then phased out with the second run and disappear instantly once word gets out that he's no longer shipping.

The only doll that I am disappointed in is Spectra's Picture Day. She has the exact makeup scheme as her dot deat, earings are the same, and her outfit doesn't looks very similar to the other ones released due to colors and designs. They could have at least changed her lipstick color or eye shadow to make her different from past versions. Now the new Cleo is awesome. I think she is one of the best Cleo's yet.

The yearbooks they come with have stickers that picture all the dolls released plus Slow Moe, Heath, Hoodude, Invisibilly, and Scarah. I wonder if this means these will hit retail in 2013. I sure hope so. I can't believe Heath hasn't gotten a signature doll yet, and Scarah shouldn't have been an exclusive.

I agree that Toralei and the Werecat Twins need some love. Another version of Nefera, Gil, and Cupid couldn't hurt either. All of these would do great. Mattel should recycle which characters they make new versions of, this will help them in the long run and not make the market overflow with the same characters. I think one of the big reason Monster High works is due to the selection of characters. Look how crazy everyone is going over Jinafire and Skelita.

Deuce is one per case, its a 6 doll case and there are 2 Dracs or 2 Ghoulia's (I can't remember right now)

I bet Invisibilly or Heath is the SDCC Exclusive

And if people don't remember Gil is getting a Signature doll in 2013
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Operetta looks like someone crossed a Madonna music video with an episode of Happy Days. And it's somehow not a visual train wreck. I have to own it.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I bet Invisibilly or Heath is the SDCC Exclusive
    Invisibilly I couldn't care less about since he's only been in the (now retconned out) books(or maybe' he's had some background webisode appearances?), but if Heath is an exclusive then I'll be rather furious. Unique, important characters should not be con exclusives, and Hasbro's been twisting the knife in our backs for years by doing just that. It's one large reason I gave up on their brands. I don't need another brand I collect doing that. Scarah being an exclusive is no big deal, she's just a random bit of background scenery. Signature Heath should not be a limited exclusive. The first 2 were just variants and were perfect, but if too many unique characters start going that route, it'll start to put people off from the line.

Now if it's "hair" Heath as general and "flame on" heath as the exclusive, that'll work for me. I just don't like seeing actual up-front characters sold as expensive, rare exclusives. I'll get a Scarah when I win the lottery or interest in MH bottoms out in a few years, but not otherwise.

I only want Scaris Deuce as I got his basketball set waiting to be used, I think the default clothing is just boring. Though Jackson lingered for some time and is now going for high prices so it'll probably repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I agree that Toralei and the Werecat Twins need some love. Another version of Nefera, Gil, and Cupid couldn't hurt either. All of these would do great. Mattel should recycle which characters they make new versions of, this will help them in the long run and not make the market overflow with the same characters. I think one of the big reason Monster High works is due to the selection of characters. Look how crazy everyone is going over Jinafire and Skelita.
    Those 2 are the big ones everyone wants from Scaris... the others are just variants wearing clothing that I'd expect in the Barbie line. Mattel needs to realize that this is attracting male collectors by NOT being like must every other fashion doll line. It's selling outside the intended demographic for a reason. If I wanted Barbie and Bratz, I'd buy Barbie and Bratz.

I want another Cupid with a gripping hand and a real crossbow, not some ring that fakes it.

Invisibilly at least showed up in one webisode in the background, it was 2-3 eps ago.

I still think a Drac using the Howleen body would make a good con exclusive.

I think someone has finally managed to outdo Monster High in terms of stuff that can be pushed in a line of dolls aimed mainly at young girls-

tumblr_meytdcGq0n1qegpy7o1_500.jpg

I don't even know what to say about this one.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wow, so I am at Walmart today looking for the school playset (I want to get it for my g/f for Xmas) and found Jinafire in the clearance section. She was not on clearance price wise, but they had all of the Scaris dolls but the skeleton girl there.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I think someone has finally managed to outdo Monster High in terms of stuff that can be pushed in a line of dolls aimed mainly at young girls-

tumblr_meytdcGq0n1qegpy7o1_500.jpg

I don't even know what to say about this one.

That can't seriously be real...............is it? Gonna have to check the stores for that one. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    That can't seriously be real...............is it? Gonna have to check the stores for that one. Haha
    it's called the poopsy pet line

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    it's called the poopsy pet line
    Haha....That's terrible! Imagine sitting in on the product development discussion with that one as some guy in the back begins to pitch this idea. Too funny....

It isn't the first time, I recall one toy a few years ago the poop was edible.

Or was that a joke...
    Last edited by wyldman11; December 17, 2012 at 09:22am.