Page 112 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Retro-Action Janine's uniform mostly fits the MH body. Boots won't fit, though.

That is too awesome, they were clearing those out at $9.98 at Christmas I should have bought them all ha ha

I saw at our Target the MH School was being cleared out for $39.99 so if anyone has been waiting for a price drop try dropping by a Target since markdowns like this tend to be nationwide
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That is too awesome, they were clearing those out at $9.98 at Christmas I should have bought them all ha ha

I saw at our Target the MH School was being cleared out for $39.99 so if anyone has been waiting for a price drop try dropping by a Target since markdowns like this tend to be nationwide
    Mark was it the first version of the school?? I still need two for Wendy and my area is out of them.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Just came back from K-mart with Jina-fire and Scaris Deuce for the Girl-friend she was quite happy to find those.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Mark was it the first version of the school?? I still need two for Wendy and my area is out of them.
    There is more then one version?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I'll get Toralei, pass on Frankie.

Definitely getting Toralei and the Clawdeen from this line

Went to Wal-Mart today, and wow they were wiped out. 2 scooters, 1 car, 1 Clawdeen w/ bunk beds, 1 school & 1 Goulia. Thats it. Well besides a ton of nail polish, wigs & dress up stuff. That forced me to shop online.

+1 Picture Day Draculaura, be here Friday.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Well I am moving back home after 7 years away...1800 miles to drive.

I have made up my mind...I will stop at every Wal-Mart that I see in the hopes of getting Skelita & Deuce. If I do not find those 2 dolls...I am done, done, done.

I love the creativity of the line. Most of my friends love the MH collection above all else. However, as a collector of this line...its SO frustrating to go to Wal-Mart (3 of them) everyday and come up empty handed.

It's such a problem to have, I know...but it is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Well I am moving back home after 7 years away...1800 miles to drive.

I have made up my mind...I will stop at every Wal-Mart that I see in the hopes of getting Skelita & Deuce. If I do not find those 2 dolls...I am done, done, done.

I love the creativity of the line. Most of my friends love the MH collection above all else. However, as a collector of this line...its SO frustrating to go to Wal-Mart (3 of them) everyday and come up empty handed.

It's such a problem to have, I know...but it is annoying.
    Where are you moving to? Depending on the area its really not that hard, I mean if you lived in the Midwest its fairly easy to find any doll for retail price but on either Coast it can be super difficult.

Back to PA for me.

So I am going through MS, AL, GA, VA, MD, & PA.

I am going to take it as a sign if I cannot find 2 dolls out of 6 states!

The bad thing is...when I move back to PA, the part I'm from, there is like 1 Wal-Mart and 1 K-Mart (for some reasson the K-Marts down here dont carry MH).

Right now I have 3 in a 30 mile radius (but thats MS for ya' I guess...).

I don't know what I am going to do when I move back...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Is she supposed to be a cat burglar?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    What are they?
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Just have a bit more patience... The line just started hitting stores a couple weeks back, they'll be carried through until (at the least) the August resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka
    What are they?
    They're part of a superhero sub-line that Target is going to be carrying this spring. Clawdeen and Spectra were shown at SDCC last summer, this is the first look or word of any others.

If target only will have to rely on GF to find them for us, or hopefully find them online. But still I am wanting all four. Toralei, I would still like to get a fashion version of somehow.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    If target only will have to rely on GF to find them for us, or hopefully find them online. But still I am wanting all four. Toralei, I would still like to get a fashion version of somehow.
    When its a Target exclusive if you have some patience they are never hard to find

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    They're part of a superhero sub-line that Target is going to be carrying this spring. Clawdeen and Spectra were shown at SDCC last summer, this is the first look or word of any others.
    They were?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    They were?
    Yes sir along with the Head Mistress

Whoa, they are making Head Mistress? Thats pretty cool. I wonder how she'll sell?

Man I wish MH did Fashion packs like MOTUC's weapons packs. There are a lot of things I'd like in different colors. Cat burglar Toralei's boots for instance.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

When its a Target exclusive if you have some patience they are never hard to find
    For me it's more the nearest Target is 2 hours away. She currently lives closer to one.

I actually kind of decided that I don't need 100 or so MH dolls... I think I may be content to stick to one version of a character for most of them. Maybe not even strictly their signature doll(if I were to weed down to 1 Frankie, I'd keep wave 2 and sell signature) and unless older signatures get reissued, I probably won't get those anyway because I can't justify paying $100 for any of these dolls.

To be honest, I think it's these dolls being hard to find that sort of puts me off. I haven't seen any of them locally in some time and the newer stuff has yet to hit normal price at Amazon. I also have to think of the character beyond just a doll looking nice... Draculaura's Ghouls Rule doll is great but I find her character to be boring. I also have to start prioritizing, putting money into things like computer parts(the money I sank into MH could have upgraded my PC to play Skyrim multiple times over) and other things.

I am far from giving up on the line, but the initial wow factor and addiction has worn off, I think, and I can cut back to a reasonable level of collecting instead of impulse buys. I think the only character I may willingly go multiples on is Operetta. And if I'm selling it's best to do it now while I can get a good price, because there's no way to predict how long the line will stay as a big thing that's scalped and has value.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    And if I'm selling it's best to do it now while I can get a good price, because there's no way to predict how long the line will stay as a big thing that's scalped and has value.
    Well we have been saying that since 2010 Mattel seems to refuse to change how they are handling it so I don't see much changing with certain characters that will remain shortpacked

Plus from my 3 years of selling Monster High professional, the clientele who are buying them also have no issues paying $100-300 for other fashion dolls and that genre of doll collector usually is pretty good at sustaining a doll market

With that said I would be tickled if the MH market crashed, because then I would buy them all up for fashions/customs

Well we have been saying that since 2010 Mattel seems to refuse to change how they are handling it so I don't see much changing with certain characters that will remain shortpacked

Plus from my 3 years of selling Monster High professional, the clientele who are buying them also have no issues paying $100-300 for other fashion dolls and that genre of doll collector usually is pretty good at sustaining a doll market

With that said I would be tickled if the MH market crashed, because then I would buy them all up for fashions/customs
    I have no doubt doll collectors have bottomless wallets when I hear of Obitsu costs... $100 for just the head? And some of those dolls get into the $1000 range, especially the 3' tall ones.

Though outside of them I wonder how the typical American consumer market is going to sustain the line. Nothing stays a retail giant forever and out fo all the $100 and up dolls listed for sale I'm curious how many of those actually sell. I recall back when Playmates Star Trek TNG was a big seller... now they're so common and unwanted that $5 MOC is average(which, factoring in inflation, means they're probably worth only half as much as they were when they came out) and even then they're hard to sell- the local comic shop is piled with them and no one buys even at that price. In 10-15 years I can see MH dolls being something that has no major value anymore, though any popular line in which copies are kept sealed and many copies exist is bound to lose that value(though the older elastic leg dolls may start breaking in the boxes and glue seepage will probably ruin more than a handful). We're already seeing this with Operetta and Nefera, two dolls that no one is buying and haven't gone up in price, and barely sell at sale prices.

That alone makes me not want to pay $100 for any single doll- even the $40 each I spent on 3 of the wave 1 signatures back in summer was pushing it, and one of them got a reissue. And beyond those 3, and overpaying for Lagoona's fashion pack, I've got everything at either retail or below just by keeping an eye on Amazon and a few local finds. We also saw, with the past reissue case and the photo of that new box Clawdeen, that reissues can come out at any time and it'd be silly to drop $150 on Clawdeen only for her to pop up for retail cost a week later.

I'm not really a doll collector. I got into MH more for the strong backing of a good animated series to go with it, and the unique character designs. I dug into Bratzillaz for the same unique look but the webisodes also proved to be decent. I like the new CGI Barbie series, yet I feel no need to get Barbie merch because not one doll reminds me of the series. That's an odd case though because LITD is just so bizarre and far disassociated with the Barbie brand and what you'd expect of it. I do regret not getting that Debbie Harry Barbie when I saw it at Big Lots for cheap but I don't feel a need to pay eBay prices for one. I barely dig into 1:6 stuff because $100 per toy isn't something I can really justify cash on unless it's a character I really want(still annoyed I never got that 1:6 The Mask), and $200 or more per toy? Even if I won the powerball jackpot I'd still probably wince at a $250 Hot Toys figure. I can tell you, if I had $500 spare cash to blow, as much as I want that 3rd party Devastator combiner I'd be better off with an Open Pandora and would get 1000x more use from it.

I think a problem is that MH attracted more buyers than the "little girl" and "doll collector" markets. It's led to a major success but will eventually burn out when the extra buyers start to lose interest. Mattel has also shot Barbie in the foot with this line, they're competing with themselves.

I think predicting the end is hard to do. For example the Live action movie can do a lot of damage for the property or it can boost sales, or give a huge spike making it hard for longer term fans to stay around then they bail then new fans bail when it's too easy to get stuff they don't want but too hard to get stuff they do want.

Mattel to keep the line going, aside from a mass loss of interest which can't be predicted, will need to do two things which are basically do what they do now. 1) keep the line desirable looks wise 2) keep the line desirable with just enough product to create the demand. The second is actually the harder thing to do, too much you get glut, too little people get too frustrated and leave.

I do think though a lot of adult collectors are in this situation that they tend to impulse buy too much. This being an issue from when we grew up, and our parents did show restraint for us but one we didn't realize they were and two they did purchase more for us at the time because of a better economy. So many of us have to learn restraint. Also I think many of us also aren't aware of how quickly stuff broke for us and or disappeared when we were younger, and many toys we bought were in replacement not to add to our collections. Where as now we tend to be more careful with our stuff and breakage and loss doesn't happen as much so it starts glutting out living spaces.

Yes sir along with the Head Mistress

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7...f90614ed_b.jpg
    Oh yeah, I forgot all about those since nothing came out of those two.

I take it Mattel is finally going to actually release them?